Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOF9, FOF8, and TCY Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-16-2021, 06:52 PM   #1
thaynes888
n00b

Playing a RT in the LT slot

Has anyone had success playing a RT in the LT slot?

I don't mean changing the player's position from RT to LT but simply plugging the RT in the LT slot on the depth chart.

thaynes888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 07:00 PM   #2
QuikSand
lolzcat

Sometimes. I assume the game applies a penalty of some sort. Never was so obvious as to sway me away from doing it, when the situation made me want to in the first place.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 07:16 PM   #3
thaynes888
n00b

Thanks for the feedback Quik. I had imagined the game would apply some sort of penalty but wasn't sure to what degree. I've done the position switch from RT to LT a couple of times, each with horrible results. This sounds like a safer bet.
thaynes888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 01:42 AM   #4
AlexB
Pro Starter

I’ve always assumed that the player would play at the level suggested when evaluating the position switch
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 10:26 AM   #5
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
I’ve always assumed that the player would play at the level suggested when evaluating the position switch

Even if it's not exactly how the game works, I think that's a useful rule of thumb. The game recognizes player weight as important, and it's similarly important to a position switch's effectiveness. Also, the game recognizes LT as the "hardest to play" position and discounts the ability of a permanent position switch from anywhere else to LT.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 07:29 PM   #6
Dawgfan19
High School JV

I think my answer would be: “It depends”. Some of us contrarians prefer to run the ball (and play defense). In that type of scheme, we are looking for great run block bars regardless of the position bias. A pass blocking LT becomes less important when the team has a run first focus with a game manager QB throwing a lot of short passes. Certainly, a HoF type center is more important than the LT decision. But if you prefer that big armed QB and want to throw the ball 65% of the time or more, then get an LT who can play LT and pass block.
Dawgfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote