Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-30-2010, 04:48 PM   #1
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

ever had an infected...

Wisdom Tooth? FUCKING OUCH

thank god its getting yanked in 3 hours.

I actually had one yanked 2 days ago, now the other one is being a bitch.

had bottom two pulled when I was 18, they said top ones were gonna be fine. Yea if fucking fine meant they would die and get infected 8 years later assholes.

k0ruptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:55 PM   #2
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

I'm thinking of get a Wisdom tooth pulled myself. One of my top ones is growing in the wrong way.
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:59 PM   #3
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

just get the fucker yanked before anything bad happens.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:59 PM   #4
lungs
Pro Rookie

I expected more from this thread....
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:08 PM   #5
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

When I was in high school, I went to work one afternoon and had to leave because of this sudden pain from a tooth. It had hurt/been sensitive earlier, but all of the sudden the pain was over the top.

I went straight to the dentist. He informed me that a wisdom tooth had come through my gumline(?), without a proper crown(?). It had a sizable hole in the top, and had left the root exposed. This was moments after we'd argued about which tooth was hurting. I swore it was in the top front. He ended the argument by sticking a tongue depressor in the back of my mouth and instructing me to bite gently. "Gently my ass, the tooth giving me trouble is in the front". So I chomped on that sucker.

Since then I've never questioned a dentist's instruction, I think I'd punch his assistant if he told me to.

In the end, emergency extraction to save the day. YAY oral surgery.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:09 PM   #6
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

sorry, no crazy man cow love in here

speaking of that, when was the last time you updated us on all the wonderful ness that is your fun work/home/getting beautiful love cows preggo and making money? I loved that thread.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:10 PM   #7
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
When I was in high school, I went to work one afternoon and had to leave because of this sudden pain from a tooth. It had hurt/been sensitive earlier, but all of the sudden the pain was over the top.

I went straight to the dentist. He informed me that a wisdom tooth had come through my gumline(?), without a proper crown(?). It had a sizable hole in the top, and had left the root exposed. This was moments after we'd argued about which tooth was hurting. I swore it was in the top front. He ended the argument by sticking a tongue depressor in the back of my mouth and instructing me to bite gently. "Gently my ass, the tooth giving me trouble is in the front". So I chomped on that sucker.

Since then I've never questioned a dentist's instruction, I think I'd punch his assistant if he told me to.

In the end, emergency extraction to save the day. YAY oral surgery.

damn right, and sounds pretty much whats going on here as far as the roots being exposed pretty positive thats it. and IT fucking hurts.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:23 PM   #8
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post
sorry, no crazy man cow love in here

speaking of that, when was the last time you updated us on all the wonderful ness that is your fun work/home/getting beautiful love cows preggo and making money? I loved that thread.

It's a waiting game at this point....
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:40 PM   #9
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

word. Just got back from the dentist. they got it out. SO FKNG GNARLY. it had an Abscess or something underneath the size of a marble. it took 3 people and 2 pliers to get everything out. that was insane. I pray and hope that I have no more pain ...

Last edited by k0ruptr : 07-30-2010 at 08:41 PM.
k0ruptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:02 PM   #10
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Wisdom Tooth? FUCKING OUCH

thank god its getting yanked in 3 hours.

I actually had one yanked 2 days ago, now the other one is being a bitch.

had bottom two pulled when I was 18, they said top ones were gonna be fine. Yea if fucking fine meant they would die and get infected 8 years later assholes.

Yeah, especially the part where it smelled like rotting flesh at the end, right before the surgery.

I'm so happy that those things are gone, the whole ordeal was horribble. I've never even had a cavity, so I was terrified of the surgery. I wish I could say that it wasn't so bad, but I get dry socket afterward, and that was more painful than the tooth infection was.

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT drink from a straw for a few weeks.

Last edited by Schmidty : 07-30-2010 at 10:03 PM.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 10:36 PM   #11
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
word. Just got back from the dentist. they got it out. SO FKNG GNARLY. it had an Abscess or something underneath the size of a marble. it took 3 people and 2 pliers to get everything out. that was insane. I pray and hope that I have no more pain ...

Glad to hear you got it out, and so fast.

Surprised actually--I had the same thing happen to me about ten years ago, and my dentist back then told me they couldn't take it out until the infection was wiped out. That was on a Monday, and they scheduled me for oral surgery the following Saturday (with all four wisdom teeth targeted for removal; only my upper right was infected), gave me a ton of Codeine 3 and Penicilin and sent me on my way.

The pain was so bad, that even hopped up on Codeine 3, I could not get to sleep. I can only imagine what it would have felt like without the drugs. It took 2-3 days to get the infection pain down to a dull ache (Penicilin takes a couple days to really kick in against an infection), and the whole time I could barely catch a wink. 48 hours of pain. Damn, that sucked.

Although the pain was down considerably by the time my surgery date arrived, it was a blessing to get that tooth removed. Everyone always talks about the pain of wisdom teeth surgery. You kidding me? Surgery (although weird, I was awake for the whole dern thing, four teeth cracked and yanked from my mouth while I was numb but perfectly conscious) and the after effects was like a gift from God next to what I had been through before that.

Still the worst pain I have ever felt in my life.

So I hear ya, man.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 07-30-2010 at 10:37 PM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote