Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-23-2016, 11:04 AM   #151
PilotMan
Head Coach

I've been down the rabbit hole with these this week. Still disappointed that I missed them here in Cincy, but I guess it was worth it.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 04:39 PM   #152
PilotMan
Head Coach

One of the best songs on the album just got a video today.

Like Steam?

Old 10-06-2016, 08:59 AM   #153
Groundhog
Coordinator

I think that clip fits the feel of the song 100%. This album has really continued to grow on me, to the point where it feels like another 'OK Computer' in terms of longevity - something I can see myself playing fairly regularly for a long time to come.
Old 10-06-2016, 09:11 PM   #154
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Isn't that more than just a video, isn't it a different version? I like it a lot more than the one from the album (at least, the one on Google Play Music from the album).
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 01:15 PM   #155
PilotMan
Head Coach

Musically it's much more stripped down and bare. The arrangement is still the same and a lot of musical layers removed for the two piece. It's still the same song though and the vocals are much more clear. I do miss the piano as the echo, but Thom's vocals are spot on and beautiful here.

Like Steam?

Old 10-08-2016, 12:07 AM   #156
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

The fact that it is so stripped down is what makes it better. The original sort of wrecks the beauty of the vocals and bass by layering on all the other nonsense. Also I find the 'ticking' sound in the video above to be a super good addition.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 07:05 PM   #157
PilotMan
Head Coach

Is it wrong that I really, really want to order the box set?

Radiohead - OK Computer OKNOTOK 1997 2017

Quote:
Rescued from defunct formats, prised from dark cupboards and brought to light after two decades in cold storage… OK COMPUTER: the original twelve track album, three unreleased tracks and eight B-sides, all newly remastered from the original analogue tapes*.
Inside a black box emblazoned with a dark image of a burned copy of OK COMPUTER are three heavyweight 180 gram black 12" vinyl records and a hardcover book containing more than 30 artworks, many of which have never been seen before except by us, and full lyrics to all the tracks except the ones that haven't really got any lyrics.
Under this weighty tome are yet more surprises: a notebook containing 104 pages from Thom Yorke's library of scrawled notes of the time, a sketchbook containing 48 pages of Donwood and Tchock's 'preparatory work' and a C90 cassette mix tape compiled by us, taken from OK COMPUTER session archives and demo tapes.
To avoid accusations of wilful obscurity, a 320k MP3, 16- or 24-bit WAV download of 23 tracks will be available to you on 23rd June and a download of the cassette will be inside the box. This edition is currently only available from this site and will ship to you from July.

Like Steam?

Old 05-03-2017, 09:26 PM   #158
miked
College Starter

Flew to KC just to see them a few weeks ago, it was great as usual. I thought the box set seemed silly, but my wife really wanted it for Mother's day. I think the cassette is very silly.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:47 PM   #159
AENeuman
College Benchwarmer

Saw them 2 weeks ago at the Greek in Berkeley. Amazing and joyous. So much better than festival concerts where most of the crowd just wants the "hits"

Last edited by AENeuman : 05-03-2017 at 09:48 PM.
AENeuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 11:06 PM   #160
PilotMan
Head Coach

It was 4 years ago that I had to beg Ticketmaster to refund my tickets. I had to write them a total sob story (all true) that I would never, ever want to miss the show, but that I had a new career job that was starting that I had no control over. They made an exception for me, and I started my new job, but I still haven't gotten to see them and I feel a little bit down when I think about it.

Like Steam?

Old 05-04-2017, 09:01 AM   #161
chinaski
College Prospect

Saw them a few weeks back in Portland. One of the greatest shows ive ever seen.
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 08:12 PM   #162
PilotMan
Head Coach

Fans will truly appreciate this.

Like Steam?

Old 07-24-2018, 09:57 PM   #163
PilotMan
Head Coach

So after 23 years I'm finally getting to see Radiohead tomorrow night. I had a chance 5 years ago, had tickets and had to give them up because I got hired in my current job and was in training for the entire summer. It was a double edged sword of excitement and disappointment.

Thankfully, I have a seat, but this damn broken ankle is going to change things. I called the venue and they said they have handicap accessible seating that they hold out that I can be moved to (fingers crossed that they are decent), which I'm thankful for. No way am I going to be able to stand for the show, even in parts.

Just one more thing this ankle has made more difficult. I just read a review on the show from Detroit and I'm even more excited. A straight 2.5 hour show with no touring partner. It's going to be fantastic.

Like Steam?

Last edited by PilotMan : 07-24-2018 at 09:58 PM.
Old 07-25-2018, 06:05 AM   #164
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
So after 23 years I'm finally getting to see Radiohead tomorrow night. I had a chance 5 years ago, had tickets and had to give them up because I got hired in my current job and was in training for the entire summer. It was a double edged sword of excitement and disappointment.

Thankfully, I have a seat, but this damn broken ankle is going to change things. I called the venue and they said they have handicap accessible seating that they hold out that I can be moved to (fingers crossed that they are decent), which I'm thankful for. No way am I going to be able to stand for the show, even in parts.

Just one more thing this ankle has made more difficult. I just read a review on the show from Detroit and I'm even more excited. A straight 2.5 hour show with no touring partner. It's going to be fantastic.

I'll be at this one too. Also my first time ever seeing them in concert. Very excited!

Hope we both enjoy it.
Old 07-26-2018, 10:07 AM   #165
Butter
Coordinator

What did you think, PilotMan?
Old 07-26-2018, 10:34 AM   #166
PilotMan
Head Coach

It was everything that I hoped for. It lived up to every bit of the hype. The only thing that sucked for me was sitting on a folding chair in the ADA area. I had leg space, but after 5 plus hours in a folding chair I was sore everywhere else. That, and the people in front of us, really had no idea why they were there. It was like they got free tickets, but they stood there and watched and were right in my sightline, off and on. They left before the final encore. It was unreal to me as a big fan.

As for the music it was amazing how they make all that sound come together in a live show. I didn't want it to end. I was excited to hear Karma Police, but knew it meant the end of the show.

What about you?

Like Steam?

Last edited by PilotMan : 07-26-2018 at 10:34 AM.
Old 07-26-2018, 10:52 AM   #167
miked
College Starter

Jealous, saw them last year in KC (perks of standby travel). Have tickets to Flaming Lips tonight in Galway, but wishing it were radiohead instead.
Old 07-26-2018, 11:26 AM   #168
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
It was everything that I hoped for. It lived up to every bit of the hype. The only thing that sucked for me was sitting on a folding chair in the ADA area. I had leg space, but after 5 plus hours in a folding chair I was sore everywhere else. That, and the people in front of us, really had no idea why they were there. It was like they got free tickets, but they stood there and watched and were right in my sightline, off and on. They left before the final encore. It was unreal to me as a big fan.

As for the music it was amazing how they make all that sound come together in a live show. I didn't want it to end. I was excited to hear Karma Police, but knew it meant the end of the show.

What about you?

Absolutely outstanding. It is amazing how they can just slightly tweak some of the songs just by putting a beat underneath them or something like that and it makes it come alive in the live setting. I really felt like Thom was having a lot of fun out there too. My section of the arena was totally into it, no crazy phone browsers or people who were just there to record the whole thing or annoying stuff like that. I also liked how it wasn't just a "let's roll out the hits" concert, they didn't even play Paranoid Android or Creep. Two of the biggest reactions of the night was when they went into Talk Show Host during the encore and played A Wolf at the Door towards the end.

I didn't know how I would react seeing them live, but it was really, really great. Glad your injury didn't derail your plans.
Old 07-26-2018, 01:07 PM   #169
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

I really need to pay more attention to their tour schedules - it's been way too long since I've seen them.

I was fortunate enough to get to see them in 2001 at The Gorge, and it was un-fucking-believably good. I had my doubts about their ability to play the Kid A and Amnesiac material live, but they absolutely nailed it. Combined with the spectacular visual of the setting and the sound quality of the open-air amphitheater and it was one of the very best concert experiences of my life.

dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 06:02 PM   #170
PilotMan
Head Coach

No Surprises was incredible last night. Great sing along. They played a really nice mix of things from OK on. I had given up hope of hearing anything from The Bends, then they played The Bends in the first encore. I totally screamed like a little girl, when those first chords rang. I want to get a hold of the set list and make a playlist out of it, just to meditate my way through it. Both my son and I were amazed at Thom's voice and how immaculate it was and perfectly matched to all their recordings. It helps that he really looks as if he's enjoying every single minute of the show. 2.5 hours simply flew by as if it were nothing.

Like Steam?

Old 07-26-2018, 06:05 PM   #171
PilotMan
Head Coach

This is a good shortened version of the current tour.

Like Steam?

Old 07-26-2018, 06:13 PM   #172
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I want to get a hold of the set list and make a playlist out of it

Try Setlist.fm, they'll likely have it
Old 07-26-2018, 06:17 PM   #173
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Try Setlist.fm, they'll likely have it

Thanks.

Like Steam?

Old 07-26-2018, 06:49 PM   #174
PilotMan
Head Coach

I have added to my nerd points by recreating the show in my amazon music station now. Life is in balance.

This was the album breakdown:

Hail to the Thief 5
Kid A 5
A Moon Shaped Pool 4
In Rainbows 4
OK Computer 3
The King of Limbs 2
Others 1
The Bends 1

Like Steam?

Last edited by PilotMan : 07-26-2018 at 09:32 PM.
Old 07-26-2018, 08:24 PM   #175
Groundhog
Coordinator

I need to catch Radiohead again. One of my fave bands and the only concert I went to was a bit of a disaster. Can't remember if I mentioned it earlier in this thread, but technical issues had Thom Yorke in a shitty mood and it ruined a few of the songs too - piano cut out in the middle of one of the quieter songs, can't remember which one now.