Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-06-2006, 10:19 AM   #1
ageofquarrel
H.S. Freshman Team

Radiohead

Thom Yorke revealed that if two copies of Kid A are played 17 seconds apart the music will sync and a unique version will come through. Fans have dubbed this Kid 17.

I really dont like this band at all, but have seen there is a few fans of them on here, and might like trying this out.

ageofquarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 10:21 AM   #2
rkmsuf
Head Coach

I heard if you play two copies of "It's the FOFC" 12 seconds apart that Subby appears and violates you.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:21 AM   #3
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Hmmm...I have Kid A here at the office. I think I'll try this out.

Edit - I already tried the Chrissubby thing. It was glorious.

Last edited by VPI97 : 02-06-2006 at 10:22 AM.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 10:25 AM   #4
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Kid 17

I thought this was cool:

"A recent buzz on the internet among Radiohead fans involving their most experimental album Kid A stated that if you played the songs on Kid A on 2 sources with a 17 second gap between them, the majority of the songs would synch up to create a wall of harmonic sound. As it is, the songs do have a tendency to harmonise quite well if you get the 17 second gap right. For example, on the opening tack "Everything in its Right Place", the vocals from the 2 sources will blend together to create a non stop barrage of vocal harmony."
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 01:29 PM   #5
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I dunno what it is, but I've never been a fan of Radiohead.

Whenever I hear them or Coldplay being played in someones car, I immediatley get annoyed. I know it's a two way street, and people do the same for the music I listen to, but not many people like that kind of muisc (Hardcore, the true kind. Breakdowns and some sing-a-longs). I just don't see why these bands are so popular.

Anyways, just a pesudo-rant.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 01:54 PM   #6
Ksyrup

I tried giving Radiohead a try, I really did. Even bought one of their CDs used (OK Computer, I think it was). After 5 tries and over a year collecting dust, I sold it.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 02-06-2006 at 01:54 PM.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:59 PM   #7
Butter
Coordinator

I might give this a try sometime... thanks for the tip!
Old 02-06-2006, 04:18 PM   #8
Yossarian
High School Varsity

just tried this, only on track 1 just now but it does appear to work in a freaky sort of way
Yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 04:35 PM   #9
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

I tried to synch things up, but it's damn near impossible to get it perfect. And you'll notice if it's not after the first song.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 04:39 PM   #10
Yossarian
High School Varsity

the way i did it was to open winamp and windows media player

then drag my kid a folder into winamp, wait till the thing read 17 and drop the folder also into wmp
Old 02-06-2006, 04:40 PM   #11
Yossarian
High School Varsity

all these shenanigans remind me of trying to listen to zaireeka for the first time
Old 02-06-2006, 04:42 PM   #12
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian
the way i did it was to open winamp and windows media player

then drag my kid a folder into winamp, wait till the thing read 17 and drop the folder also into wmp

Get this. The first thing I tried to do was just open it in Winamp, then open it in WMP 17 seconds later. Well, besides that it was already a little off, it became more off as time went on. It's like one of the programs started lagging. Don't know if that'd be a memory issue or what (I've got a gig of RAM).
Old 02-06-2006, 04:50 PM   #13
Critch
lolzcat

If you play one copy of Kid A with the volume turned down to zero, it sounds better.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 04:58 PM   #14
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch
If you play one copy of Kid A with the volume turned down to zero, it sounds better.

How's this for funny? Go to hell.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:21 PM   #15
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

this works for Nickelback too. just play any two of their songs at the same time and they'll mesh perfectly.

seriously, Kid A has been out for 5 years now, and we're just hearing about this? Sounds to me like someone just discovered this by accident (a la Dark Side of the Moon and Wizard of Oz) and is making it out to be more than just a minor coincidence.

as for me, I think Pablo Honey is one of the best CD's of all time, but as they've gotten progressively more experimental, I've tuned them out.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:22 PM   #16
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Oh wow...I've got Everything In It's Right Place synced up right now. It's interesting to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch
Shut up.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:47 PM   #17
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger
I think Pablo Honey is one of the best CD's of all time, but as they've gotten progressively more experimental, I've tuned them out.

Interesting. I think Pablo Honey is their worst album by far with them getting better with each effort. But hey, different opinions are what makes the world great, right?
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 05:49 PM   #18
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
There are only two songs from Radiohead that I really like. One is Creep, and the other is Paranoid Android. Other than those two songs, none of their other stuff ever worked for me.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 05:50 PM   #19
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik
Interesting. I think Pablo Honey is their worst album by far with them getting better with each effort. But hey, different opinions are what makes the world great, right?

true. I think your opinion is shared by the majority of Radiohead fans, fwiw.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:58 PM   #20
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger
seriously, Kid A has been out for 5 years now, and we're just hearing about this? Sounds to me like someone just discovered this by accident (a la Dark Side of the Moon and Wizard of Oz) and is making it out to be more than just a minor coincidence.

From the little I found about this googling around, the rumor started about a year after the album was released, based on comments by Yorke.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:00 PM   #21
davidlando1
Mascot

I've got it synched up, with itunes and WMP. I've had to pause it like 3 times to keep it perfectly synched, but i've gotta say at times it sounds like a mess, but on song #8 Idioteque...it was f'n awesome...
davidlando1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 07:06 PM   #22
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlando1
I've got it synched up, with itunes and WMP. I've had to pause it like 3 times to keep it perfectly synched, but i've gotta say at times it sounds like a mess, but on song #8 Idioteque...it was f'n awesome...
If you get In Limbo just right, everything sounds perfect.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:21 PM   #23
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

I'm listening in cool edit so i can make the tracks exactly 17 seconds apart. Idioteque does work pretty well.

Kid A never really did it for me. My favorite albums in order would probably be:

OK Computer (one of the real masterworks of the last 20 years, IMHO)
The Bends
Hail To The Theif
Amnesiac (odd that i like this better than Kid A, since it's basically the outtakes from that session)
Kid A
-----

(large gap)
-----
Pablo Honey
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 07:36 AM   #24
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian
all these shenanigans remind me of trying to listen to zaireeka for the first time

I've always wanted to try that.

But as per cthomer's post, I think the Radiohead hierarchy goes like this:

OK Computer (def. agree about it being a classic)
Amnesiac
Hail to the Thief
Kid A
The Bends

I've never even listened to Pablo Honey because nearly everyone I know said it sucks.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:43 AM   #25
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Tried this and on some tracks it works stunningly well, on others is just a bit of a mess really. Therefore I'm leaning towards this having nowt to do with Thom Yorke and something someone just stumbled across accidentally and put on the net.

FWIW, I think Kid A is one of the greatest albums ever, I could listen to it 24 hours a day on repeat and it would never get tired. OK Computer is not too far behind either.

Kid A
OK Computer
Amnesiac
Hail To The Thief
The Bends
Pablo Honey

Although my favourite individual Radiohead track is Pyramid Song from Anmesiac.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 08:07 AM   #26
John Galt
Pro Starter

I pretty much agree with everything tanglewood said. I would reverse Hail to the Thief and The Bends in his rankings. And Pyramid Song is amazing, but not my favorite.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:48 AM   #27
mrsimperless
College Prospect

I love Radiohead, but I don't have any friends who like them. I'm fairly certain part of that has to do with me not liking people. I have exactly 2 1/2 friends.

I'm just curious as to what other music radiohead fans enjoy? My favorite things to listen to are as follows:

Smashing Pumpkins
Radiohead
Ben Folds (alone or with posse)
Hip-Hop
Audio Books
Other Stuff (Death Cab has been spinning a decent amount lately)

Someone told me to check out Audio Transparent as they "sound like Radiohead" but I've yet to do so.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:56 AM   #28
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
My favorite albums in order would probably be:

OK Computer (one of the real masterworks of the last 20 years, IMHO)
The Bends
Hail To The Theif
Amnesiac (odd that i like this better than Kid A, since it's basically the outtakes from that session)
Kid A
-----

(large gap)
-----
Pablo Honey

I'd swap Kid A in ahead of Amnesiac, but woudl agree with your list. I would, however, place Creep on my short lists of my favorite singles ever made, while still not getting much from that album overall.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 09:15 AM   #29
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand
I'd swap Kid A in ahead of Amnesiac, but woudl agree with your list. I would, however, place Creep on my short lists of my favorite singles ever made, while still not getting much from that album overall.
Stop Whispering was my favorite tack on Pablo Honey, but that and Creep would be the only two that I would put on the level of their later work. As for albums, I fall into the post-OK Computer camp for the most part...

- Kid A
- OK Computer
- Amnesiac
- Hail to the Thief
- The Bends
- Pablo Honey
Old 02-07-2006, 09:33 AM   #30
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand
I'm one of the very few people who definitely did not like "Creep" at the time. I only got into them through The Bends and went back and picked up Pablo Honey thinking i must have missed something there. Like VPI, I think i'd go with "Stop Whispering" if I had to pick a favorite. This whole thread made me realize this band has put together quite a solid career.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:36 AM   #31
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I like them because they were an integral part of my plan to exact revenge on Scott Tenorman.
Old 02-07-2006, 09:48 AM   #32
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman
I like them because they were an integral part of my plan to exact revenge on Scott Tenorman.

The pubes episode... I love that one.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:45 AM   #33
cody8200
High School Varsity

I'm a huge fan. However, people underestimate Pablo Honey. I actually like several songs on the cd. How can you not like Lurgee and Stop Whispering, Thinking about You, and Anyone can Play Guitar? These songs were great in my opinion.

1. OK Computer
2. The Bends
3. Hail to the Thief
4. Amnesiac
5. Pablo Honey
6. Kid A
cody8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 10:56 AM   #34
watravaler
High School JV

Wonderful artists...one of the better bands in terms of musical talent.
watravaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 12:07 PM   #35
Daimyo
College Starter

1. OK Computer (probably my favorite album of the last 20-30 years)
2. The Bends
3-5. tie
6. Pablo Honey

I don't agree that there is a bg gap between #5 and #6 though... there are a lot of great songs on Pablo Honey IMO.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 12:24 PM   #36
st.cronin
General Manager

Amnesiac is my favorite music, ever. It's the soundtrack to my life.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 06:41 PM   #37
cartman
Death Herald

For you Radiohead that haven't seen this before. I'm updating my website, and I came across a pretty cool Flash animation I found somewhere along the line that was done to an acoustic version of Creep. Enjoy!

http://www.thegreatcornholio.com/Creep.htm
Old 11-15-2006, 10:15 PM   #38
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

I can highly recommend to any fans of OK Computer, the album Radiodread by the Easy Star All Stars. It's the album covered front-to-back in a reggae style, and it is at the very least entertaining. I've given it a lot of listens in the two weeks i've had it.

http://www.hyfntrak.com/radiodread/fromafriend/

Highlights to me are "Electioneering" and "Karma Police" both of which are available to listen to on the website.

I really, really recommend this to those of you (like me) who feel OK Computer is one of the very best albums of the last 25 years.
Old 11-15-2006, 10:20 PM   #39
highfiveoh
Banned

Kickass. Thanks!
highfiveoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 10:51 PM   #40
cartman
Death Herald

Remove one from my threadkill tally...

Old 11-16-2006, 02:23 AM   #41
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

after yet another listen, "Climbing Up The Walls" also makes my best of the CD list. It's really a great listen.

For Floyd fans, this group also did an album called Dub Side Of The Moon.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:46 AM   #42
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

The Bends
-----------
Hail to the Thief
OK Computer
-----------
Pablo Honey
-----------
Amnesiac
-----------
Kid A

And I'm English so my point of view, clearly, has more intrinsic value then any of yours.

I mean, absolutely everyone knows that The Bends is their best album, don't they? While OK Computer has too many Yes moments to be considered a classic. Unless you like that sort of thing, of course. I mean the end of Paranoid Android has been ripped bleedingly out of Topographic Oceans.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 06:52 AM   #43
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000 View Post
I can highly recommend to any fans of OK Computer, the album Radiodread by the Easy Star All Stars. It's the album covered front-to-back in a reggae style, and it is at the very least entertaining. I've given it a lot of listens in the two weeks i've had it.

http://www.hyfntrak.com/radiodread/fromafriend/

Highlights to me are "Electioneering" and "Karma Police" both of which are available to listen to on the website.

I really, really recommend this to those of you (like me) who feel OK Computer is one of the very best albums of the last 25 years.

The Noughties version of Dread Zeppelin! I assume they have a fat Cobain impersonator singing?
Old 11-16-2006, 10:57 AM   #44
Leonidas
College Benchwarmer

Kid A = pretentious, self-absorbed SOC
OK Computer and The Bends = TT

Last edited by Leonidas : 11-16-2006 at 10:57 AM.
Leonidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:16 AM   #45
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
Kid A = pretentious, self-absorbed SOC
OK Computer and The Bends = TT

Translation, please?
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:21 AM   #46
stevew
Hall Of Famer

"Sack o Crap", and "The Tits"?

Last edited by stevew : 11-16-2006 at 11:21 AM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 11:24 AM   #47
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar View Post
How's this for funny? Go to hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPI97 View Post
Shut up.
I know this was 9 months ago, but damn, people take their Radiohead seriously.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:30 AM   #48
Ksyrup

Not as seriously as Radiohead appears to take themselves. They make Live look like Ugly Kid Joe.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:59 AM   #49
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Not as seriously as Radiohead appears to take themselves. They make Live look like Ugly Kid Joe.
Just damn.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:05 PM   #50
rkmsuf
Head Coach

bring back sov?