Barkeep49
Coordinator

I know this isn't a rel action, but for effect:

Vote end day
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 05:50 PM   #2202
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I will likely be out until an hour or so before lynch.
Old 06-09-2006, 05:56 PM   #2203
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I am not feeling well (Bad food I think), but it's looking overwhelming. If I can't make it, I will PM one of the players the results to post for me.
Old 06-09-2006, 06:13 PM   #2204
SackAttack
Head Coach

It's a shame nobody's around on Fridays. The wrong choice is getting made and there's no discussion taking place.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 06:20 PM   #2205
Tyrith
College Starter

Don't think it's as much nobody being around as that all the talkative players are dead and there are only five people left in the game, anyway.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 06:25 PM   #2206
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Passed on the results on if you guys get the wizard or if you don't.. so just in case I'm not here at 10, someone will post the results
Old 06-09-2006, 06:28 PM   #2207
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
It's a shame nobody's around on Fridays. The wrong choice is getting made and there's no discussion taking place.

There's nothing to talk about. The facts are the facts. Unless we make a completely guess on either of the other two guys, you're the guy.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:22 PM   #2208
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
There's nothing to talk about. The facts are the facts. Unless we make a completely guess on either of the other two guys, you're the guy.

So I guess you're going to be making a guess on Monday.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:31 PM   #2209
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
So I guess you're going to be making a guess on Monday.

Give me a concrete reason not to vote for you. You haven't done that yet. Tell me who you think I should vote for and why.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:45 PM   #2210
SackAttack
Head Coach

As far as a concrete reason, I dunno what to tell you, other than that I'm a wolf.

Cronin said I came up wolf when he sniffed me.

saldana and Barkeep accepted me, but have since given way to paranoia.

I'd post my role as proof, but that's not the done thing in werewolf.

As far as who I'd vote for, I really don't know. I want to believe saldana and barkeep are on the level, but it's possible one of them is just paranoid and the other is playing off of that.

That leaves you and Lathum. I think you're straight, Schmidty.

Lathum, though, I have to wonder why he would reveal as the Wolf Boss. The only way that makes sense to me is if he's immune to the night kill, and thus not afraid of the wizard knowing who he is, and is hoping to draw the wizard out with his reveal...but I can't imagine why that would be his play.

What would the wizard gain by responding to him? Nobody left, to my knowledge, has any seer capabilities, so why wouldn't the wizard just lay low and try not to attract attention? With the bodyguard dead, he could pick folks off one by one. Get a lynch tonight, a night kill, and suddenly we're down to three people. If two humans are left, that's game. If there's only one, one wrong guess tomorrow, and that's game.

Hiding in plain sight. He's been significantly absent the last couple of days, and despite his role reveal, hasn't contributed to our search for the wizard in that time.

As to why the alpha wolf hasn't spoken up if Lathum's not on the up-and-up, possibly the same deal. We don't know whether the alpha wolf is susceptible to night kills, and as a result, we don't know what dynamic would evolve if both roles were known. Is there the possibility that the wizard knowing the alpha wolf's identity could cost us, and can we win without the alpha?

It makes sense to me that he'd lie low at this point, because even with a body advantage, I'm not sure the potential gain from challenging the reveal yet outweighs the risk of challenging it too soon.

That would be my vote.

vote Lathum
Old 06-09-2006, 08:59 PM   #2211
SackAttack
Head Coach

Well, wonderful to see that you bailed after asking for 'a concrete reason,' Schmidty.

Good luck Monday. You'll need it.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:19 PM   #2212
st.cronin
General Manager

I'm here for Foz, who's out chasing girls. Sorry I'm a few minutes late with this.

My vote count is:

Sack Attack - 4 (everybody but Sack)
Lathum - 1 (Sack)

The image of the wizard totals them up, and SackAttack whines softly under his breath.. the wizard starts giggling again, for what seems like minutes..

Finally, one wolf braver then the others, snaps.. "So.. aren't you going to make us kill him?"

This seems intensely funny to the wizard and the laughter grows deeper. Finally, the wizard calms down from his near hysterics. "Oh go ahead, do it yourself" he chortles..

The group attacks Sack Attack.. and pass through him! Each failed attack brings new gales of hysterical laughter to the wizard.. it seems you have found your wizard in wolves clothing.. but as much as you want to tear his throat out, you can't get him!

As night falls, the wizard's unabated laughter chases you all back to your warrens.. will the wizard get away with his life after killing so many of the wolves?

Night actions due to SIR FOZZIE by 9AM Saturday.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 09:27 PM   #2213
hoopsguy
General Manager

Just checking - actions due Saturday AM?

Not that I'm looking to drag this out, but ...
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 09:32 PM   #2214
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Right. SO all those things I said yesterday about Lathum? True today.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:42 PM   #2215
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Well, wonderful to see that you bailed after asking for 'a concrete reason,' Schmidty.

Good luck Monday. You'll need it.

Sorry, I my wife RAN OUT OF GAS (how the fuck does that happen) while in heavy traffic, and I had to go rescue her. I had no choice.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:44 PM   #2216
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
I'm here for Foz, who's out chasing girls. Sorry I'm a few minutes late with this.

My vote count is:

Sack Attack - 4 (everybody but Sack)
Lathum - 1 (Sack)

The image of the wizard totals them up, and SackAttack whines softly under his breath.. the wizard starts giggling again, for what seems like minutes..

Finally, one wolf braver then the others, snaps.. "So.. aren't you going to make us kill him?"

This seems intensely funny to the wizard and the laughter grows deeper. Finally, the wizard calms down from his near hysterics. "Oh go ahead, do it yourself" he chortles..

The group attacks Sack Attack.. and pass through him! Each failed attack brings new gales of hysterical laughter to the wizard.. it seems you have found your wizard in wolves clothing.. but as much as you want to tear his throat out, you can't get him!

As night falls, the wizard's unabated laughter chases you all back to your warrens.. will the wizard get away with his life after killing so many of the wolves?

Night actions due to SIR FOZZIE by 9AM Saturday.

Thanks for running the game Foz, but this is getting more randomly ridiculous than my game. It's basically a crap shoot, and that's depressing.

Then again, I'm probably just stupid. Seriously. I am the admitted worst player ever, so I feel bad for my fellow wolves.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:44 PM   #2217
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Yeah I would have to agree that falls in the no choice category. There's no getting around that.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:45 PM   #2218
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Thanks for running the game Foz, but this is getting more randomly ridiculous than my game. It's basically a crap shoot, and that's depressing.

Then again, I'm probably just stupid. Seriously. I am the admitted worst player ever, so I feel bad for my fellow wolves.
It's not a crapshoot at all. We just don't know what to do. Don't worry. You'll find out after Sack kills Lathum.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:47 PM   #2219
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I will reveal the situation depending on the night actions.

The Wolves have won.

The only question is what type of win they have.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:48 PM   #2220
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Dola: They can have a light, medium or complete victory, depending on what happens.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:48 PM   #2221
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Lathum: Your decision ASAP please.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:49 PM   #2222
Schmidty
Coordinator

See, I am so clueless, I won and I still didn't know it.

I recommend that no one trusts my idiocy in future games.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:52 PM   #2223
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

While we wait, the listening of rules and Roles.

MAD WIZARD- You have been hired by several towns to eliminate the Werewolves before they come to your area. But since you think the result is a foregone conclusion, you've decided to have a little fun. You're going to bring your two henchmen Lucky and Unlucky (who control the balance of luck in their hands, ask them more about their roles), and you're going to do unto the werewolves what they've done to so many towns. Make them play their own game.

Special Abilities:

Well Nigh Invincible- You may be Mad, but you're not crazy. Even if Lynched or targeted by a Night Action that would normally kill you, you're still in the game (although your role would be known at this point. There is only one role in the game that can permanently kill you, and that's the Wolf Boss (the Pack Alpha). Once the two roles of Mad Wizard and Pack Alpha are revealed, either Boss can challenge the other to a duel (and there's no backing out of that!) and the loser will be quite thoroughly dead.

Spells- You can cast each spell ONCE during the game, and one spell per night action:

Reveal Role: You can cast this spell on any opposing player during the game and learn their special role.

Compel Vote: You cast this spell on any one player, and force them to vote for whoever you choose. During the day that they are compelled they may NOT let anyone know they are compelled, however, that night they can reveal that a spell was cast on them to force their vote.

Flight- If things are not going your way, you have a Flight Spell that will get you out of dodge fast, to gather more help to burn the wolves out. This will remove you from the game, but reduce the type of victories the Wolves can earn. You automatically use this spell if you are revealed as the Wizard and both your henchmen are killed.

Double Shot: You may use this spell to attempt to remove TWO wolves from the game during the night instead of one. But the problem is, due to the vagaries of the spell, if ONE of your targets is protected, then the 2nd one is as well! SO it's kinda a double or nothing effort.

LUCKY - You are one of a set of twin brothers, trained by the Mad Wizard to control the balance of Luck and fate between you. You were deemed the Lucky Brother, you've had nothing but good fortune happen to you. For every good fortune you've had however, the Unlucky brother has received ill fortune. It's ok though, the Mad Wizard says that things would be a lot worse if you both weren't under his care.. if one of you should die.. well then, all the rules will go out of the window.

Special Abilities:

Lucky: You automatically win all ties in voting.
Balance of Luck: If you or your brother is Killed in any way, the normal voting rules will go out the window, replaced by the random vagaries of fate. This can lead to one of six different rules for lynching. It will change from day to day. If both brothers are eliminated, then standard lynching rules will resume.

1) Person with the LEAST votes gets lynched
2) person who was voted for FIRST gets lynched
3) Person who was voted for LAST gets lynched
4) Person who voted FIRST gets Lynched
5) Person who voted LAST gets Lynched
6) Standard Lynching rules.

Unlucky - You are one of a set of twin brothers, trained by the Mad Wizard to control the balance of Luck and fate between you. You were deemed the Unlucky Brother, you've had nothing but bad fortune happen to you. For every ill fortune you've had however, the Lucky brother has received good fortune. It's ok though, the Mad Wizard says that things would be a lot worse if you both weren't under his care.. if one of you should die.. well then, all the rules will go out of the window.

Special Abilities:
Unlucky: You automatically lose all ties in voting.
Balance of Luck: If you or your brother is Killed in any way, the normal voting rules will go out the window, replaced by the random vagaries of fate. This can lead to one of six different rules for lynching. It will change from day to day. If both brothers are eliminated, then standard lynching rules will resume.

PACK ALPHA - You are the Alpha of the Pack, the Boss. What you say goes. Your pack was defeated recently in a battle and you gathered the remnants of several clans together to reform and prepare for more attacks on the humans. You agreed to play the Mad Wizard's game only so you could get close enough to him to sniff him out and tear out his throat. After all, he doesn't know that you're immune to his magic, does he? And in this case what he doesn't know.. will hurt him. Badly.

Special Abilities

Immune to Magic: If the Wizard tries any of his tricks against you, he won't be able to focus his magic on you.

Duel to the Death: What the Wizard doesn't know is, by pack rules, you can declare a duel to the death with any of the members of the pack at any time. By declaring this, the Wizard will be forced to fight for his life, without any of his spells, and then we'll see who wins then.

Note: You can declare this as a night action from any time the Wizard has been revealed. The next day, instead of a lynch, the two of you will fight, and one of you ain't comin back. (This is the only way to kill the Mad Wizard permanently). If you declare this option, there will be PM's explaining how the Duel shall work.

LAWBRINGER- You have the strange ability of knowing how fate works its ways on your friends. YOu sensed something foul on the henchmen that the Wizard brung.. they have been enchanted so heavily that Fate itself will act in odd ways around them, especially if the balance they represent is disturbed.

Special Abilities:

Sniff out the Henchmen. Each night, you may nominate one person to check to determine if they are one of the Wizard's henchment. NOTE: You can only find the HENCHMEN, not the Wizard.

Bringer of Laws: If the lynching laws change due to the death of one of the henchmen, an hour before the votes are tabulated, you will know the lynching law in effect. It will be one of these six rules:

Note: You can announce the law publically, at the risk of the wizard and the henchmen focusing their wrath on you

PACK BETA- You have been brought up to support the Pack Alpha in all ways. You don't have his charisma or his leadership abilitiy, but it should get you through this, if he should fall in battle, you will take over for him.

If the Pack Alpha dies, you will inherit his abilities. (However, the type of victories the Wolves can earn will be reduced)

WOLF BROTHERS- You were part of the same litter. In battle, you always fought together, harrying much larger foes. You are the only two wolves remaining from your original pack, but that's ok.. you still have each other.

Special Ability: Up until Night 0 you may communicate with each other privately via PM. After Night 0, you may send 1 PM to me to be passed on to the other Wolf brother per Night Action. That's one each, so one person can PM something, and the other person can PM me the reply to pass on.

PROTECTOR WOLF: For years you guarded your Pack's Alpha, making sure enemies didn't gang up on him.Unfortunately, he disregarded your advice one time to many and attacked a knight head on, and was killed when the knight's squire struck him with a lance. Now you come searching for a new pack and a new Alpha to protect.

Special Ability: Protection. You may nominate one person to protect each night, and if they are attacked, you will know about it and drive the attackers off.

BRUTAL WOLF: You live for battle. You hate hiding in the weak human's towns, destroying them within. A wolf wins every battle, except his last. If they try to take you out, you'll make em pay.

Special Ability: RETRIBUTIVE STRIKE: If someone lynches you, you can nominate any one left in the game and kill them before you die.

Wolf: Well, you don't have any special abilities that you know of.. but that's ok your votes could be more important then any special role could ever be

1.Anxiety -- Unlucky
2.Barkeep49 - Wolf
3.Qwikshot - Brutal Wolf
4. AlanT -- Lucky
5. Mckerney - Wolf
6. Saldana - Wolf
7. Lathum - Pack Alpha
8. st cronin - Law Giver
9. path12 - Wolf
10. ardent enthusiast -- Mad Wizard
11 Tyrith -- Wolf Brother
12.Schmidty -- Pack Beta
13. dubb93 - Wolf
14.Hoopsguy -- Protector Wolf
15.tanglewood -- Wolf
16.Blade6119 -- Wolf Brother
Old 06-09-2006, 09:55 PM   #2224
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

and explanations:

The first "no kill" night was the Wizard (AE at the time), trying to Double Shot Blade and Lathum. As I said, it's double or nothing, and since they suggested Lathum.. it turned out to be nothing. Big turning point.

The other two No Kill Nights were hoops successfully saving folks as the Protector Wolf.

As cronin said, the wizard compelled his vote.

Saldana's building of the code was enough to intrigue the wizard into casting the Role Reveal spell on him.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:01 PM   #2225
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Good game everyone. It's nice to be alive at the end as a human. Very nice indeed. I had a lot of fun with this one Fozzie, all things considered.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:03 PM   #2226
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Also hencemen had no special ablities? COuld the baddies talk amongst themselves? It must have really killed ardent to withdraw from a game where he was the mack daddy of evil.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:05 PM   #2227
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Thanks BK. The Henchmen abilities were to win/lose all ties automatically, and that their deaths would change the rules.

Yup, the baddies could talk to each other.

I'm not happy with my job with this game, but I hope you all enjoyed it.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:08 PM   #2228
hoopsguy
General Manager

If/when AE checks in, I'm wondering what his logic was for deciding between mckerney and me at the end of Day 2. Three wolves had shifted the votes over to me. That really messed up my analysis for the next couple of days and kept me at 50/50 on Tyrith/Sack yesterday. So I think it was a very effective play by him.

Plus the late posters for Night 0 - Tyrith, mckerney, and Tanglewood - were all wolves.

And none of the wolves voted for either Blade or Tyrith on Day 1 - the two leading vote getters. Every one of my theories early in the game sucked.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:09 PM   #2229
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Fozzie I think you should feel very responsible for the weather. I wonder why you have been so cheap as to not buy a weather net to ensure that rain and flooding does not disrupt your WW posting. Sheesh.

Also could I suggest you make the topic Mad Wizard and the Wolves (Game over) Page 45? People do go back and read old games and something is lost if you know who wins before starting to read the thread, I feel. Just my two cents.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:09 PM   #2230
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Hoops, I wasn't privvy to all the baddies discussion (usually they'd forward me the last email with "We want to do this") But I think the way you played made you a safe guy, after all, you were pointing the fingers as the other good guys.

Of course, nearer to the end of the game, you had MORE then made up for it.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:10 PM   #2231
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm pretty pleased with this game. Except for tyrith, I don't really feel like I was ever too off base in what I believed.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:10 PM   #2232
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well not to mention hoops was a lightening rod. I would agree with the Foz that your TWO successful protects makes you a might effective bg overall, even if your play wasn't perfect.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:12 PM   #2233
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Fozzie I think you should feel very responsible for the weather. I wonder why you have been so cheap as to not buy a weather net to ensure that rain and flooding does not disrupt your WW posting. Sheesh.

Also could I suggest you make the topic Mad Wizard and the Wolves (Game over) Page 45? People do go back and read old games and something is lost if you know who wins before starting to read the thread, I feel. Just my two cents.

Not Just that, barkeep, but I think the "Screwy Voting Rules" is something I won't repeat in the future. it sucked all the air out of the game.

What I was trying to do was make EVERY vote important, usually asyou get later in the game, you get folks who run roughshod over the other voters. Every person I showed the rules too thought it was a wonderful (and wonderfully evil) twist. Instead, it made people too cautious, and killed discussion
Old 06-09-2006, 10:15 PM   #2234
hoopsguy
General Manager

The only problem was that once Cronin went down we were left completely to the whimsy of fate - I was waiting for something to break that would let us know where to go on the 2nd day of random vote patterns.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:16 PM   #2235
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I thought about putting hints in butwas trying to figure out how to handle it. Not completely thought out I guess.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:17 PM   #2236
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I think it's an interesting idea to build a game around, the idea that every vote is important. It was something that I attempted to do with my To Crown a King Game. I think this approached the problem from a different perspective and it's a good thing.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:18 PM   #2237
hoopsguy
General Manager

I also think it would have been a different deal if we had been thrown into disorder earlier in the game - would Cronin have revealed that he had the key? If people didn't know there was a different way that voting would proceed, would they have acted differently?

Circles of trust became pretty powerful down the stretch.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:19 PM   #2238
Schmidty
Coordinator

I am like a drunken man stumbling into the Superbowl Champion's lockerroom, and pretending to be the kicker who won the game at last second, but really just accidentally knocked him unconscious with his rancid breath.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:20 PM   #2239
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I agree that at the point the game was thrown into disorder, the good guys had things pretty firmly in hand. If it had gone in earlier, which was the idea in many ways, it would have made things very different. Perhaps having a different triggering mechanism, or even having it be the starting situtation, the world in chaos, makes things more interesting. I don't think having players be cautious with their votes is an inherently bad thing.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:20 PM   #2240
Schmidty
Coordinator

Dola.

There's a reason, I play so defensive and quiet at the beginning. You have all witnessed it.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:20 PM   #2241
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I am like a drunken man stumbling into the Superbowl Champion's lockerroom, and pretending to be the kicker who won the game at last second, but really just accidentally knocked him unconscious with his rancid breath.
Schmidty: I don't think you give yourself enough credit.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:24 PM   #2242
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I have to admit, for the first time running one of thesew, I was tempted to monkey with an important rule. Alan T did a wonderful job of throwing people off .. he knew that the rules wouldn't change until he died, and bamboozled everyone.. and the die picked him out.

if it hadn't picked him ,and he could have proved his role (remember, he was Lucky, he won all ties), I think the Wizard and henchmen would have won.

When he fell, the game was pretty much decided, except for some early paranoia.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:24 PM   #2243
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
I'm pretty pleased with this game. Except for tyrith, I don't really feel like I was ever too off base in what I believed.

Pretty much everyone spent three or four days being wrong about me this game. It was amusing and scary at the same time.

I have to agree that the way the "every vote should count" mechanic worked was a little too random. In the end it actually meant that showing up early and staying late matters, and the votes in the middle didn't. However, it was an interesting twist, and it did keep me alive another day, so I can't complain too much

Imagine how badly this would have gone if Day Six the vote goes normally. Alan and I would have tied, I would be dead via his tiebreaker, validating his role, and completely skewering the game. Of course, the same can be said of hoops successful protect of schmidty Night 6 -- why did you go with him, anyway?
Old 06-09-2006, 10:28 PM   #2244
hoopsguy
General Manager

Night 6 protect - lucky guess, for the most part. But I believed his role reveal so I tried to pick someone whose role I didn't want to see go by the wayside.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:28 PM   #2245
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Was very fun game for me fozzie.. I don't think anyone really realizes how close this game was to going the other way.

We made 2 mistakes at night, and then had 3 pieces of bad luck, and hoops made 2 good plays.

I pretty much had everything figured out by day 4 or 5 I think, so it was all about trying to figure out how to win the end game, which we didnt
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 10:29 PM   #2246
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

BTW, hoops when you kept protecting Lathum (amazing that many people picked up his Alpha role, and others didn't) I wanted to scream at you. "NO! He's already safe!"
Old 06-09-2006, 10:30 PM   #2247
Tyrith
College Starter

What mistakes, Alan?
Old 06-09-2006, 10:31 PM   #2248
Barkeep49
Coordinator

It kind of concerns me to hear that the baddies feel like they were so close. I was relieved to have a game where the good guys won fairly easily after the baddies coasting so much as of late.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:34 PM   #2249
SackAttack
Head Coach

Even once Alan died, when saldana and barkeep accepted me, I thought I had a shot. I was hoping to get Lathum lynched, then night-kill Schmidty. Since y'all couldn't have lynched me, that basically would've been game.

I just think it's funny that the role sparking the code was just vanilla wolf.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:37 PM   #2250
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well having reread the PM, I feel stupid having accepted you. But I like the fact that I was appropriately skeptical about you. Though I was too skeptical about CW, as the case was.