Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-25-2006, 11:43 PM   #51
twothree
College Prospect

Also, another question to ponder, what happens if all the mutants had already been eliminated, but the imperium members did not know this when they were getting ready to execute the supposedly last chaos member? How long do you hold off attempting that last execution while hunting for mutants among your numbers, when there may not be any more mutants?

As a beginner taking the plunge into a werewolf game, have I already been corrupted by chaos. Or, is the obvious answer to just kill anyone you believe (or have been led to believe ) is not on your side.

twothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 11:52 PM   #52
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twothree
Also, another question to ponder, what happens if all the mutants had already been eliminated, but the imperium members did not know this when they were getting ready to execute the supposedly last chaos member? How long do you hold off attempting that last execution while hunting for mutants among your numbers, when there may not be any more mutants?

As a beginner taking the plunge into a werewolf game, have I already been corrupted by chaos. Or, is the obvious answer to just kill anyone you believe (or have been led to believe ) is not on your side.

uggg Vote twothree

bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 02:25 AM   #53
Fouts
College Starter

uggg what? Roles haven't even been passed out.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 06:11 PM   #54
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

That's unfortunate about DaddyTorgo, an early casualty already I see...

Bump. Still time to sign up if anyone is interested.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 09:46 AM   #55
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I'm ready! Lets get roles out and start this puppy up! I need something to entertain me today!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 11:05 AM   #56
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

me too, i wanna be a wolf again!
Old 08-28-2006, 09:28 PM   #57
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Sorry about the delay everybody, the role PMs are being sent out now. Play starts whenever you are all ready. An official short opening post will be put up after the last role has been sent.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:50 PM   #58
Swaggs
Coordinator

I am here. I am going to have a busy couple of days on Tues. and Weds. (especially Tues), but I will do my best to be here a little bit each day.

I just read post #3 with all of the descriptions and wow. This one is going to have a bit of a learning curve, I suspect.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 10:06 PM   #59
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

The whole council was aghast as GoldenEagle leant over the body of DaddyTorgo in the central grand hall of the Council of the High Lords of Terra.

"This is Chaos flesh. And his stench is not that of some pathetic minion, but a Lord."

Everyone was taken aback. Firstly at the rapidity of which GoldenEagle had acted upon entering the chamber, immediatley drawing and fining his bolter pistol at DaddyTorgo before he had a chance to react. Secondly, at the severity of the situation. A Chaos Lord infiltrating the very walls of the Council of the High Lords!

"And I can assure you, as true as the Emperor is strong, there is another among us. I smell him."

"I concur," piped up Twothree "everything we know matches up so far. The spike in the Astonomican was too large for a single Chaos Lord, there must be at least one other here with us."

And so the hunt was launched. Chaos had at last suceeded in infiltrating the highest authority in the Imperium with not one, but two, at least!, of it's most devoted followers. They must be eliminated. For if they are not, then man shall fall.

The members of the council and their positions are as follows:

The Master of the Administratum - Fouts
The Inquisitor General of Ordo Hereticus - SirFozzie
The Inquisitor General of Ordo Malleus - GoldenEagle
The Ecclesiarch of the Adeptus Ministorum - Greyroofoo
The Fabricator General of the Adeptus Mechanicus - st.cronin
The Grand Provost Marshal of the Adeptus Arbites - kingfc22
The Paternoval Envoy of the Navigators - Saldana
The Master of the Astronomican - twothree
The Grand Master of the Officio Assassinorum - bulletsponge
The Master of the Adeptus Astra Telepathica - Anxiety
The Captain-General of the Adeptus Custodes - path12
The Prince-Primate of the Holy Synod - AlanT
The Lord Commander Millitant of the Imperial Guard - Blade
Primarch of the Space Wolves - BrianD
Primarch of the Ultramarines - Chief Rum
Primarch of the Dark Angels - Mustang
Primarch of the Blood Angels - Swaggs
Primarch of the Black Templars - Real Deal

Deadline for the lynch on Day One is Tuesday, 9PM EST
Old 08-28-2006, 10:10 PM   #60
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

No quoting from any PMs recieved from the GM (me). Paraphrasing is perfectly fine, but any direct quotes are forbidden.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:29 PM   #61
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Interesting. I need to review the rules more I suppose

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 10:53 PM   #62
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Im good and Im checking in.. not sure how everyone else's roles fit in with mine, so going to reread back up
Old 08-28-2006, 10:55 PM   #63
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I'll have to put my faith behind twothree that he is not representing Chaos.. I can not imagine that if he was part of Chaos that he would have verified that the astronomican indicated a larger Chaos presence so willingly...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 11:11 PM   #64
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood
"I concur," piped up Twothree "everything we know matches up so far. The spike in the Astonomican was too large for a single Chaos Lord, there must be at least one other here with us."
As the Master of the Astronomican, I take full responsibility for allowing the Chaos Lords to infiltrate our council's grand hall. I was on my way to report the spike that registered in the Warp, but as you can see I was not fast enough.

Let me remind you that the Astronomican may be our best weapon in the fight against the remaining Chaos Lords. And, I have started an immediate investigation into the possibilities of using the Astronomican to detect the presence of the daemons among us.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:21 PM   #65
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

wolf checking in
Old 08-28-2006, 11:25 PM   #66
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge
wolf checking in

I might just vote for you to get rid of the wolf icons.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:27 PM   #67
kingfc22
Head Coach

Interesting that everyone's title is out there.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:31 PM   #68
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Nooo poor wolfies

hmmm, maybe i should test my assassins out on someone
Old 08-28-2006, 11:33 PM   #69
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22

yea, when i read my role i got excited, then i found out everyone knows it. i have a feeling ill be dead soon
Old 08-28-2006, 11:36 PM   #70
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22

Yeah, I figure either myself or one of the two Inquisitor General will not make it past the first night action. Unless the night actions are restricted on the first night.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:44 PM   #71
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge
yea, when i read my role i got excited, then i found out everyone knows it. i have a feeling ill be dead soon

(cowers in front of bulletsponge)

Why would we suspect The Grand Master of the Officio Assassinorum as a Lord of Chaos? You have served the emperor loyally for many years.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:45 PM   #72
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:

I agree.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:53 PM   #73
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

(this is WH 40K knowledge here)

The Navigator's Guild and the Master of Astronomican. The two guilds that have the most contact with the Warp, the stuff of Chaos. As the leader of the guild that hunts down and eliminates heretics, Chaos and mutants, while I have no personal reason to distrust Saldana and twothree.. will need to keep an eye on you.
Old 08-28-2006, 11:54 PM   #74
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
Interesting. I need to review the rules more I suppose

Remember, if anyone wants anything clarified or explained further, in regards to game mechanics, their role or just the general WH40k setting, then they can either post in the thread or PM me and I'll be happy to oblige.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:09 AM   #75
Fouts
College Starter

It looks like I am in charge. Let me assure you, I cannot be bribed.

Ok, wrong game. I expect all reports on my desk by 8pm sharp!
Old 08-29-2006, 12:11 AM   #76
path12
Coordinator

I am here to faithfully serve the Emperor.

Let's kick the discussion off. Who needs protecting most? I have a two person high security cell for use at night.

Offhand I believe st cronin is the only one who knows the entire procedure for keeping the Emperor alive and it seems to me would be a prime candidate for security. I have to go through the roles again but want to get anybody elses thoughts about protection and who most needs it.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:16 AM   #77
path12
Coordinator

One caveat upon rereading the role. It may be the case that the two in the cell can interact with each other, so obviously caution will be needed. Do we know if mutants can convert? If not, then we would only have to worry about putting Chaos in the cell with non-Chaos.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:30 AM   #78
Fouts
College Starter

Well there are 18 of us, so what do we figure? 14-2-2 or 12-3-3?

The Chaos win if they get to 1:1, which includes mutants. For the chaos it would be 16-2 or 15-3. These numbers make me believe there are (at least) 3 chaos members.

Also, conversions don't seem to fit in with the ruleset to me. We (the Imperium) would like to eliminate both chaos and mutant. 12-6 seems like alot, but more likely since we don't have to eliminate mutants.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:36 AM   #79
path12
Coordinator

12-3-3 sounds about right to me. And I agree that conversions sound unlikely at that ratio, but I was wondering if anyone knew for sure. It sounds from the setup that there are many of us with different bits of knowledge that we're going to have to piece together.

I don't know this setting at all BTW, so I may have some questions as we go along.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:37 AM   #80
Blade6119
Coordinator

checking in
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:41 AM   #81
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Man, I am the leader of a chapter of super-marines, and I can't kill anything? That sucks.

Well, hopefully I kill something in one of tanglewood's end of day-night scenarios.

Seriously, I will have to review the roles to determine who deserves a vote. IMO, selecting the position of the player to vote out might be more important in this game than the WW history of the player playing that role.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:44 AM   #82
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum
Man, I am the leader of a chapter of super-marines, and I can't kill anything? That sucks.

Well, hopefully I kill something in one of tanglewood's end of day-night scenarios.

Seriously, I will have to review the roles to determine who deserves a vote. IMO, selecting the position of the player to vote out might be more important in this game than the WW history of the player playing that role.

Agreed. Like the spawn game, we need to make sure we aren't killing off somebody that has some information we need later in the game.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:51 AM   #83
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum

Considering you have the same colors as the Indianapolis Colts.. you can't kill anything.. they can't win anything.

You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 01:39 AM   #84
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Ouch, Mustang. Nice

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 07:35 AM   #85
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I hate to have to leave so early on these days. Once again, I will be leaving for work, and I have no access to the site until late tonight, after working both jobs. Stupid Tuesdays.

That means I have to vote now, before I can properly consider the ramifications of everything in the vote. Well, take that into consideration, then, because my vote has little backing to it. I decided to select the most proven veteran amongst the Primarchs (the weakest of the roles, I assume). Sorry, Charlie. I'm sure it will change in future days when I have more to go on.

VOTE SWAGGS

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 07:56 AM   #86
RealDeal
High School Varsity

I don't know if it is this way for the other Primarchs, but at least for me, I cannot be killed at night. In other words, I can only be lynched. Someone should scan me early in the game, so I can be confirmed as a safe guy. If so, then we will have a leg up from early on.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 08:16 AM   #87
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal
I don't know if it is this way for the other Primarchs, but at least for me, I cannot be killed at night. In other words, I can only be lynched. Someone should scan me early in the game, so I can be confirmed as a safe guy. If so, then we will have a leg up from early on.

I have a strong feeling others have a similar ability to not being able to be killed at night too.. but I don't think its a good idea to give that information out just yet honestly. The Hypothetical people who can't be killed at night -want- an attack on them, since it wastes a night action by the bad guys.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:08 AM   #88
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I'm also checking in while I re-read all of the roles and the setting info. Please note that Space Wolves are nothing like Werewolves. We kick ass, but we don't eat it.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 09:13 AM   #89
RealDeal
High School Varsity

Quote:
I have a strong feeling others have a similar ability to not being able to be killed at night too.. but I don't think its a good idea to give that information out just yet honestly. The Hypothetical people who can't be killed at night -want- an attack on them, since it wastes a night action by the bad guys.

Yeah I realize that, but I also realized that if I waited until later to give this info, it would not be as credible as if I came out with it up front. Like I said, if I am scanned early, then it gives the good guys a confirmed good guy early in the game which is useful.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 09:14 AM   #90
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Day 1 vote, don't have much to go on for mostly anyone.

Vote bulletsponge

Said at the end of last game, next time he was a wolf he wanted to just come out openly saying he was a wolf and see if he could last out in the open. So far he's been doing that this game, so might as well vote for him without anyone else to choose.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:15 AM   #91
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

these roles are complicated.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:17 AM   #92
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Day 1 vote, don't have much to go on for mostly anyone.

Vote bulletsponge

Said at the end of last game, next time he was a wolf he wanted to just come out openly saying he was a wolf and see if he could last out in the open. So far he's been doing that this game, so might as well vote for him without anyone else to choose.

hehe, just for that vote you get this
Old 08-29-2006, 09:35 AM   #93
st.cronin
General Manager

I'll have a vote later on today.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 09:47 AM   #94
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

On the question of who to protect, I'm thinking twothree might be important. If he can detect Chaos activity, he may also be able to find them before they strike.

I'm going to keep my eye on SirFozzie. The Inquisitor General of Ordo Hereticus would be a perfect place for an infiltrator to land....plus I've still got a grudge against him for (rightly) knocking me out of an earlier game.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:56 AM   #95
saldana
Pro Starter

i always wanted to say this.....Paternoval Envoy checking in

just fyi, my work schedule is a bit screwy this week because one of the people in my office is on vacation. as a result, i wont be around in early afternoon, but should have no problem around the deadline

that said...i am going to deviate from my normal vengance on day one plan and vote for someone who has already set the Imperium back with a foolish reveal that has already cost us an asset.

vote realdeal
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 09:58 AM   #96
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

[quote=BrianDI'm going to keep my eye on SirFozzie. The Inquisitor General of Ordo Hereticus would be a perfect place for an infiltrator to land....plus I've still got a grudge against him for (rightly) knocking me out of an earlier game. [/QUOTE]

For once, I think we're on the same side. At least I hope we're on the same side...
Old 08-29-2006, 10:03 AM   #97
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang
Considering you have the same colors as the Indianapolis Colts.. you can't kill anything.. they can't win anything.

VOTE CHIEF RUM

That piture is just too priceless, chief deserves to die if thats what he looks like.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:05 AM   #98
saldana
Pro Starter

you just want to vote for him because he escaped you last game
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 10:06 AM   #99
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
you just want to vote for him because he escaped you last game
I dont know what your talking about
Demotivation
Old 08-29-2006, 10:10 AM   #100
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
For once, I think we're on the same side. At least I hope we're on the same side...

We'll see about that.