Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-22-2015, 03:14 PM   #351
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
So I may have made a few notes from my current game. And I may have stuck them into a spreadsheet (hey, if you've seen my handwriting then you'd understand)

167 human settlers is a LOT of bodies to try to arm & clothe.

And at 7 wearable pieces per settler, that's a lot of pieces.

Hell, that's a lot of guns too.

Yeah, but Settlers can't be killed by hostile NPCs similar to your companion. They can be killed by the player (by grenades, say) deliberately or by accident. So you don't really NEED to give them extra armor except for roleplay reasons or to keep them in the battle a little longer to protect your stuff.

That said, I'm hauling back clean suits and dresses for everyone to return some civilization to this crazy, mixed up world...
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 03:21 PM   #352
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobble View Post
Yeah, but Settlers can't be killed by hostile NPCs similar to your companion. They can be killed by the player (by grenades, say) deliberately or by accident. So you don't really NEED to give them extra armor except for roleplay reasons or to keep them in the battle a little longer to protect your stuff.

Umm, I believe that only applies to Provisioners.

Settlers can die (see discussion up the thread).
Old 12-22-2015, 06:49 PM   #353
sabotai
General Manager

I certainly found out that Provisioners can die if you're the one who accidentally puts a bullet in their head. I guess I should use VATS during settlement defense in the future.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 09:03 PM   #354
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Umm, I believe that only applies to Provisioners.

Settlers can die (see discussion up the thread).

According to the wiki, they just go down like companions from NPC fire. If you, personally, happen to put a stray bullet into them, yes they can die.

I've showed up to a settlement battle, not fired a shot and seen a "settler" dead but then there'd be a synth part on the "settler" which I took to mean that the one of the settlers was a synth and was found out.
Old 12-22-2015, 10:41 PM   #355
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I have seen my settlers die from battles where I wasn't using any form of explosives, and was using just VATS to fire at stuff.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 11:06 PM   #356
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Settlers can die from attacks, definitely.
Old 12-22-2015, 11:46 PM   #357
Groundhog
Coordinator

I wonder if distance from the settlement determines it? If they stray outside the 'green zone'?
Old 12-23-2015, 12:02 AM   #358
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I wonder if distance from the settlement determines it? If they stray outside the 'green zone'?

My only settler death was inside the green, damned near dead center.
Old 12-23-2015, 09:54 AM   #359
korme
Go Reds

Level 32 in and just now realized I can perk in any order, thought I had to go top to bottom
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 11:55 AM   #360
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
Level 32 in and just now realized I can perk in any order, thought I had to go top to bottom

Ouch
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 03:15 PM   #361
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Ouch

Yep, was wondering how people were making such unique characters, as I've been using most points to get past the initial 10 for each category at the top
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 04:40 PM   #362
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

And at around 170 hours I've finally entered the Institute.

For the first time in F4 I think I really dislike the new dialogue system that I've seen others complain about. Didn't bother me much previously, it REALLY bugged me there. And no matter how the main storyline plays out from here (I have my guesses) this feels like by far the weakest main story of any Bethesda game I've played.

I like the universe well enough to overlook that & am already anticipating a replay ... but I'm very meh about the main.

edit to add: The dialogue options there don't feel right for my character -- indeed the way he's pretty much required to handle himself upon entering the Institute in order to advance the story at all -- or at least it doesn't fit the way I've played the character in my head.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 12-25-2015 at 04:44 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 12:54 PM   #363
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Yeah I too felt like I couldn't RP the character I'd created once I was in the Institute, but it did open up a whole bunch of quests that made me enjoy the game that had gotten a little stale. I can't imagine spending 170 hours with Fallout 4 in total let alone not having gotten to that point in the main story line. Hats off to you Jon.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 01:16 PM   #364
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Yeah I too felt like I couldn't RP the character I'd created once I was in the Institute, but it did open up a whole bunch of quests that made me enjoy the game that had gotten a little stale. I can't imagine spending 170 hours with Fallout 4 in total let alone not having gotten to that point in the main story line. Hats off to you Jon.

I'm already planning/anticipating my second playthrough with regard to the things that I'll do differently. And I still have the BoS stories & missions which will be new to me for that one since I haven't touched them yet.
Old 12-28-2015, 02:17 PM   #365
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Yeah Jon I am really enjoying my second playthrough. I deliberately didn't try to be a completionist the first time around (basically even skipped the whole BoS faction quests) so my second would have stuff to discover. Plus doing a sneak build is a lot different than my first guy who was basically bull in a china shop.
Your guilty conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep down inside you secretly long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king. --Sideshow Bob
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 03:54 PM   #366
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

It's definitely been an ... interesting ... experience thus far. I've always kind of dreading reaching "the end" of the various Bethesda games, this time I'm seriously considering rushing through from here just to finish so I can re-start.
Old 12-29-2015, 05:24 PM   #367
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I've been messing around with pistols for my gunslinger sneak build - never noticed before that some of the pipe pistols can have insane ranges on them. Now I have three points in gunslinger which is increasing the range but these weapons have insane ranges even compared to other pistols like 10mm ones. Not sure what the reason is but it's pretty fun to be picking people off at 300 meters with a scoped pistol.
Attached Images
File Type: png pipe.png (488.6 KB, 342 views)
Your guilty conscience may force you to vote Democratic, but deep down inside you secretly long for a cold-hearted Republican to lower taxes, brutalize criminals, and rule you like a king. --Sideshow Bob
Old 12-29-2015, 07:34 PM   #368
SackAttack
Head Coach

I finally figured out how to connect power.

Still trying to figure out if it's possible to remove mods from weapons I pick up without having to build a 'new' mod to replace it. Some of these guns I'd love to gank the mods without having to carry around the whole weapon.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 10:51 PM   #369
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
I finally figured out how to connect power.

Still trying to figure out if it's possible to remove mods from weapons I pick up without having to build a 'new' mod to replace it. Some of these guns I'd love to gank the mods without having to carry around the whole weapon.

I think you have to replace the mod, haven't noticed an ability to remove the "good" one otherwise.

You probably aren't having to "build" a replacement mod -- more like "install" one -- assuming you've been storing the standard one for that weapon type when you built an earlier mod onto it.
Old 12-30-2015, 01:31 AM   #370
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
I think you have to replace the mod, haven't noticed an ability to remove the "good" one otherwise.

You probably aren't having to "build" a replacement mod -- more like "install" one -- assuming you've been storing the standard one for that weapon type when you built an earlier mod onto it.

I haven't been modding my weapons much for this reason. Although perhaps I should start.

So many mechanics in this game that just haven't been explained very well.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 02:18 AM   #371
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I've finished my first playthrough by going Institute. Running on my 2nd playthrough now.

I usually remove the mods off of weapons I pick up and replace them with standard versions if possible.

I have a storage chest where I put all my used mods in. I've placed it right next to the Weapons Workbench and before I go in to mod weapons, I grab all the mods there.

I believe you'll see if you have that specific mod for the weapon in your inventory if the button says Attach instead of Build.
Old 12-30-2015, 04:19 AM   #372
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post

I have a storage chest where I put all my used mods in. I've placed it right next to the Weapons Workbench and before I go in to mod weapons, I grab all the mods there.

Why not just store them in the workbench itself?

That would seem to make them available with one less step ... right?
Old 12-30-2015, 08:30 AM   #373
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post

Yes you have to build a new one, though if you just build the standard or lowest level mod to replace the one you want, it usually doesn't cost too many resources. Then you can use the mod you removed on another weapon. The main issue with it is that each mod can only go on certain types of weapons. I've had a lot of compatibility issues with say a suppressor - even though you can remove a suppressor from a lot of weapons they aren't always compatible with other weapons that can use a suppressor.
Old 01-03-2016, 05:25 PM   #374
Radii
Head Coach

I finished the game a few nights ago. I stuck with the stealth melee build the whole way through, only used two weapons for 90% of the game (40% AP reduction bat, then a "powerful chinese officer sword" that I got as a legendary drop). I only used power armor on the quest where it was required, not at any other point in the game. I was level 55'ish at the end, with points heavily into agility and luck (sneak/stealth related perks in AGI and crit/VATS related perks in luck), and high strength with the melee damage perk.

I put about 85 hours into it, easily got my money's worth. I ended up playing it exactly like I played Skyrim, I don't really enjoy exploring just to explore, but if I'm having fun playing the game I can spend a long time doing side quests. I did that and put off the main quest for most of those hours, until I started getting a littled tired of things and pushed through to finish the main story.

The story was fine, but nothing special. I ended up going with the Railroad in the end.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 08:03 AM   #375
Bobble
College Prospect

I played my first character up to level 52, I currently have my second character at about level 50, and I just figured out that a lot of those semi trailers out there can be opened.
Old 01-04-2016, 08:25 AM   #376
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Loving doing the chem thing on my second run-through - jet makes you feel like you could take a deathclaw barehanded. Psycho jet same thing, but you actually can.-
Old 01-04-2016, 10:41 PM   #377
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

I'm giving this one a try, since I'm recently unemployed and need to fill the days with something beyond eating my feelings. Mrs. Leafs got it when it came out and has been loving it, so I figured what the hell.

I played the hell out of Skyrim and a few other RPGs, but have never been able to get into sci-fi stuff. So far, this is one pretty good -- I've got just enough of a handle on it to enjoy it, even though I feel like I'm taking quests that should take ten minutes and spending hours on them because I get distracted by every little thing.

Still have no idea how settlements work, I'm only like 10% sure I get crafting, I reload constantly, and I lose my companions every time I send them somewhere. Standard?
Old 01-04-2016, 10:55 PM   #378
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
even though I feel like I'm taking quests that should take ten minutes and spending hours on them because I get distracted by every little thing.

This is my Fallout experience in a nutshell - walk towards quest marker on map, spot something, investigate, 20 mins late continue towards marker, spot something, and so on.

I think once you get further in and things start being really far apart the temptation to quick-travel everywhere is pretty great, but to me it makes it feel real grindy after awhile; Get mission, fast travel next door, enter, kill baddies, leave, fast travel to quest giver, etc.

I like to walk as much as I can, because I still keep finding interesting stuff even now that I've finished the game.

Quote:
Still have no idea how settlements work, I'm only like 10% sure I get crafting, I reload constantly, and I lose my companions every time I send them somewhere. Standard?

I'd class them as purely optionally. A good way to make money (via mutfruit and purified water) once you get going, but the irony is that the only reason you really need money is if you are going to develop your settlements.

I've spent many hours on them though. It's just a bit frustrating when you build a pretty darn good fort, only to have a mob of super mutants spawn immediately inside when you go to protect it.

Re; Companions it's easy to lose them. I have a handful of settlements that I use to 'store' them, but I have lost guys from time to time. If you have it on PC there are console commands to teleport them to you that I don't really consider very cheaty.
Old 01-05-2016, 06:37 AM   #379
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Settlements are optional but can be fun - I like doing little things like making the two merchants in Sanctuary Marcy Long and Cait - nothing like being yelled at and insulted every time you do some shopping! :P
Old 01-05-2016, 08:43 AM   #380
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Just in case anyone has been holding out on this game it seems that the one major thing the game was lacking has finally been modded in by the community. There is finally a mod that turns all death claws into Macho Man Randy Savage. He comes complete with the neon hats and yells "Oh yea," and "Dig it," when he swipes. The game is complete now.

hxxp://m.ign.com/articles/2016/01/04/fallout-4-mod-turns-deathclaws-into-macho-man-randy-savage

Last edited by dubb93 : 01-05-2016 at 08:46 AM.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 05:46 AM   #381
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

178 hours & 19 minutes. Level 59. Minutemen ending.
And the first playthrough is a wrap.

I suspect a second playthrough begins shortly, I still have the Brotherhood quest line completely untouched so that'll be new & I'll definitely do some things differently with regard to settlements, hopefully I can avoid having them dominate the game the way they did the first time around.

I didn't care for the main story at all to be honest, but I'll give them credit for making the final segments more engaging to play than they'd been for me up to that point. Not enough to really redeem the main story really, but ... better.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 01-10-2016 at 05:47 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 04:27 PM   #382
Groundhog
Coordinator

I always had you picked as a Brotherhood of Steel type of guy, Jon.

I wonder if it's possibly to completely ignore the Minutement and all their quests, because I think that's the way I'm probably going to go next play through, maybe with the Railroad because I'd blown them to bits not long after finding them in the first place.
Old 01-10-2016, 05:05 PM   #383
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I always had you picked as a Brotherhood of Steel type of guy, Jon.

I have been previously, it just didn't really work out that way this time. Not so much about them as it was how I came across missions & quests. At some point I consciously decided to just save them for a 2nd go.

Quote:
I wonder if it's possibly to completely ignore the Minutement and all their quests, because I think that's the way I'm probably going to go next play through, maybe with the Railroad because I'd blown them to bits not long after finding them in the first place.

I don't think you can completely ignore them simply because you have to do that first little bit with them I think. I'm likely going to stick with the same initial build & just pick the game back up from where you've finished that part & then slow play the hell out of them for a good while after that. As I understand it as long as you don't turn in your missions to Preston then he won't give you more, so I'm hoping that's the case & I can just largely let them hang out while I do other things.

I want to largely save them (as much as possible) for my end game/after main story completion, not have it be virtually the entire game as it was on the first time around.
Old 01-10-2016, 11:30 PM   #384
RainMaker
General Manager

Do I have to give my companion ammo or do they just come up with it on their own? It never seems to show ammo in their supplies.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 12:02 AM   #385
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Do I have to give my companion ammo or do they just come up with it on their own? It never seems to show ammo in their supplies.

My understanding -- right or wrong -- is that they have infinite "invisible" ammo for their default weapon )i.e. the one they came with) but that you have to supply it for any other weapon you give them.

They definitely expend that ammo if you give it to them in that situation but I've seen some people suggest that they always have one round no matter what. But I've never tested that one way or the other, I've never had a firefight last long enough for them to run out as I typically supply them reasonably well.
Old 01-11-2016, 12:06 AM   #386
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
My understanding -- right or wrong -- is that they have infinite "invisible" ammo for their default weapon )i.e. the one they came with) but that you have to supply it for any other weapon you give them.

They definitely expend that ammo if you give it to them in that situation but I've seen some people suggest that they always have one round no matter what. But I've never tested that one way or the other, I've never had a firefight last long enough for them to run out as I typically supply them reasonably well.

Correct on both counts. Infinite ammo for default weapon, otherwise they use it up. I had Piper for a long time with a laser rifle, and she burned through fusion cells.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 12:27 PM   #387
Edward64
Head Coach

Started to spend some quality time on the game (now that my son has finished it). Just got done with Castle Independence at level 14 and thinking about not doing BoS until second run thru.

My main issue is having enough Fusion Cores (not cells). How do you guys keep a nice supply at all times?
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 01:39 PM   #388
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post

My main issue is having enough Fusion Cores (not cells). How do you guys keep a nice supply at all times?

I have an excessive amount, I only use power armor if I can not get through a mission 2 or 3 times so that helps
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 02:28 PM   #389
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Started to spend some quality time on the game (now that my son has finished it). Just got done with Castle Independence at level 14 and thinking about not doing BoS until second run thru.

I think by the time I finished up on my first go'round I had something like 40 or 50 of them, if not more (I'll have to go back & look). Mostly from rarely using them, though I did bite the bullet & buy a few in the early/mid part of the game thinking I'd need them more. It doesn't feel like I picked up as many as I did but apparently I did.

Honestly, I doubt I wore power armor even a dozen times during the entire game. Once in particular for a set of enemies that were kicking my teens-leveled ass, otherwise strictly as a way to limit radiation issues in certain environments.
Old 01-17-2016, 04:14 PM   #390
Groundhog
Coordinator

Once I finished the game I started forcing myself to wear power armour - mainly because I had a full set of X-01 armour modded-out and it seemed a waste not to use it.
Old 01-17-2016, 09:25 PM   #391
Edward64
Head Coach

Okay, that's the issue. I've been using it all the time.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 11:35 PM   #392
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I saw a really cool mod today - may have to add it because it really adds some nice seasonal looks to the Commonwealth.

Old 01-17-2016, 11:37 PM   #393
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Okay, that's the issue. I've been using it all the time.

Okay, that might fall under the next-to-impossible challenge. 1-2 cores per quest/mission was about my average in limited use so you'd eventually need a hella lot of caps to keep buying them for full-time use.
Old 01-17-2016, 11:54 PM   #394
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Quote:
Okay, that might fall under the next-to-impossible challenge. 1-2 cores per quest/mission was about my average in limited use so you'd eventually need a hella lot of caps to keep buying them for full-time use.

I kept finding fusion cores in miscellaneous bags and cabinets, usually four at a time. Those really added up to keep me in cores. If you are going to use power armor a lot and have an Intelligence build I would think the Nuclear Physicist perk (INT 9) would be very helpful as it extends how long they last.
Old 01-18-2016, 09:00 AM   #395
Bobble
College Prospect

The other thing you can do is sell off nearly depleted cores for brand new ones.
Old 02-07-2016, 10:29 AM   #396
mckerney
Coordinator

Disappointed to read about the high level of difficulty Fallout is delivering to people.

Fallout 4 modders are struggling to make virtual dicks work | PCGamesN
Quote:
While naked female Fallout 4 characters were out pretty much as soon as the game was released, there's a serious struggle happening right now in the Fallout 4 dick modding scene. The fate of the world hangs in the balance.

Because cock and balls protrude from the body in a fleshy mass, they require mesh editing and 3D modelling, meaning the male form is a much more complex undertaking for manhood modders.

There are only two dick mods out there at the moment for people who want to get in touch with nature in the Commonwealth, according to a NSFW Kotaku report.

You can see the photos over there, but the first one - in the brilliantly-named Immersive wasteland streaking - is clearly a grower, his little man visibly afraid of the harsh, post-nuclear climate, retreating back into his pelvis like a baby mole.

The second one, called Penis Envy, is quite the opposite, with your character permanently at risk of a radscorpion sting right up the pee hole. Here's that mod's description: “It is similar to viagra. This mod gives your character a non-stop raging boner.The nexus as of now is all about them boobs and booty. It is time we give the male character some love.”

But yeah, it's not easy for these trailblazing dick modders, and they're facing all sorts of issues trying to give Fallout 4 the D, with an earlier version of Penis Envy deforming the penis of any player who dared to crouch.

“An issue still is that the dick, because it is put on the pelvis bone, is resized as the character is rezised,” says the Penis Envy modder, via Kotaku. “This means that a large character would have a stretched out dick.”

Apparently the erect dong looks weird on big guys, so you should opt for a smaller one, or perhaps even a flaccid one, in this case. The more you know.

There have even been reports of players with missing balls. The Fallout 4 dick modding scene needs a hero, it seems.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 10:50 PM   #397
Groundhog
Coordinator

Pro-tip to those playing the most recent DLC - during the 'VR' part of the quest, don't fall off the ledge while holding a crate, because it crashes for me 100% of the time, and I've done it twice now, wiping all my progress through the first couple of VR rooms.

Haven't googled to see if it's happening to others, but seems likely - I just get the pre-scene loading screen and it never progresses.
Old 06-01-2016, 04:09 AM   #398
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

After what felt like a rather total c.f. of hours spent unable to even connect to Bethesda.net via XB1 (and limited functionality on their actual website with an old fashioned p.c.), we finally managed to d'load several of the long awaited mods.

This has basically been something my son has dreamed of - mods to consoles - for longer than he (or I) care to figure up. I'm much more reserved in my anticipation but ended up getting to be the first to actually do much with it today.

Very sensitive about load order, or else I was just unlucky. With only 2 of about a dozen mods active, I got a straight crash right off the bat. Changed the load order, problem solved.

All I've messed with so far is the camping/settlement (limit of 10) one & the settlement management "program". The latter is probably the thing I'd love to have be super-functional out of all the little tweaky add-ons. It's tedious to navigate & the data it can suck in is pretty incomplete (stores aren't visible to it apparently, just as an example) so it's more in the vein of "great wonderful marvelous idea ... that really can't do all that needs doing".

The former is kind of neat & at least in a limited test seems pretty nifty. You get an item in your aid inventory, which is basically a duffle bag you can throw down nearly anywhere (just don't be inside an existing settlement) & have -- for starters -- a sort of limited workshop functionality, where you can build a campfire, sleeping bag, tent, lantern (if you're really into RP'ing it I guess). Super helpful for Survival mode obviously ... well, it is IF you're carrying the supplies needed to build those things.

You then have an option to either pack it all up (which includes a hand menu choice that lets you store additional crap inside the "duffle bag" ... which serves as a overencumbered dodge apparently, since items inside remain but are now rendered weightless, like the bag itself) OR to build a standard workshop.

Doing the latter gives you one of your 10 buildable settlements, with pretty large borders, at least on the test one I did. By "gives you a settlement" I mean it lets you build one from scratch, nothing prefabs in or anything. Immediately noticed that most of the items inside your new settlement are NOT scrappable yet seemingly random bits of floatsam & jetsam are (this tricycle was, this broken rowboat or downed tree was not). The names are preset, you can pick from a list of 10 names provided. And yes, they are capable of accepting a supply line, so you can access all your building materials once you leave & get that connection made.

I think this is going to all end up being pretty overhyped. The selection of mods isn't bad (looks like around 900 right now, compared to 2800 or so listed with Nexus) but functionality varies with some between console & p.c.

They've dumbed it down fairly well for console gamers that have never seen mods before, just have to understand the load order glitches.

And, honestly, it's pretty f'n sad to me that the most popular mods on day one are one called "the cheat mod" (access to unlimited materials & ammo apparently) ... and a bigger boobs mod that applies to the female NPCs.

Keep it classy gamers.
Old 06-23-2016, 11:46 AM   #399
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

So, uh, the new Contraptions DLC ...

Yesterday, I noticed in some trending Facebook comment someone say that many/most of their save files vanished after installing the DLC to XB1.

I decided to hold off on the DLC for a day or two, just to make sure (not that gung ho about it anyway).

Just talking to a friend about the DLC (as he bitched about how quickly you hit settlement cap while trying to build the new stuff), mentioned my quirky hesitation about it .. and he discovered that he no longer had any non-modded save files left. Every one of them seems to have gone *poof*.

Yet I'm finding nothing about this rather large bug when Googling. Anybody else seen this mentioned? Suffered it personally?
Old 08-15-2016, 07:39 PM   #400
RainMaker
General Manager

New DLC trailer

Fallout 4: Nuka-World Official Trailer - YouTube
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote