Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-19-2017, 10:19 AM   #51
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny93g View Post
How do you know?

If it's 10 months before any kind of sale, well then im out. I know that means nothing but ill find something else to buy by then! haha

I'm gonna assume there wil be some sort of black friday or christmas promo somewhere for it, and i may give it a shot then.

He doesn't know and like whomario said there always seems to be a sale around Xmas.

sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 12:03 PM   #52
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I'm so in love with the new version. I haven't played much FM for a couple of years, though I have tended to buy them all when they went on sale. This year I got the itch seeing the previews, so I bought during beta. I'm quite happy with that decision, and I've put in hours of game-play.

The main reason I bought was to play Atlanta United. The MLS rules have always been funky and not always well handled by FM. I feel like this year they have done well by implementation, but just by the basis of how crazy the rules are, it is still confusing. You never let your GM do anything because he ignores the salary cap rules, and will put you in a real bad position. Other than that, the play-through went really well if a bit too easy. I destroyed the MLS, won the cup and supporters shield in a complete walk.

I started into the second season, navigating the land mines of the expansion drafts and super-drafts. I went a little ways into the second season but decided I'd move on. I find I have a hard time continuing a play when I'm dominating a top league too easily with really no other challenge on the offing.

So now I'm playing in the English conference for the first time since the Champ man days. I've always started a little higher up in the last few years because I never felt like I would have the patience to bounce around the way-lower leagues for too long. This years version, though, I'm really do feel like this is going to be the game that will dominate my life for awhile. I decided to go with one of my early favorites from those ancient Champ man days (like the 99/00 or 00/01), the Leyton Orient. Surprisingly, they are down in the conference having just been regulated last season. I don't expect to stay down long (which I'm glad, because I forgot the pain of only 5 subs and a huge mass fixtures). I'm really looking forward to the process.

I'll say I love the scouting system. It is much easier to direct, but you still can let your staff control it with good results. The bigger micro-manage issue is training. With the new injury system (which is much more realistic to me, with more short term injuries but fewer long term), you have to watch training much more. I thought it would annoy me, but it really hasn't been that bad. I can't seem to leave it to my assistant like I did in the past, though, because he will overwork or underwork the team.

In the end, this is the best FM I have ever played.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 12:06 PM   #53
MrBug708
Head Coach

What he said
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 12:35 PM   #54
GrantDawg

I'll go further. The tactics and match play feels much more realistic and really not as challenging. In past versions, I'd always just punt and find a downloaded version (usually after spending hours studying the internet trying to figure out how to make my own with no success). This year I'm not having nearly the problem. Probably much of that has to do with all that study in the past finally making sense to me, and the other part is just the game makes things easier to understand how things are working together.

I will say if you are wanting to understand the tactics and game engine, read https://teaandbusquets.com/ and follow @cleon on twitter. He is a genius. He makes things simple for a soccer novice to understand, while still going deep into the philosophies involved. The addition of the new roles have added much to the game. In the AU game, I played with Cleon's 4-2-3-1 dm approach with a few role tweaks that made sense with my team. The Segundo Volante role was such a joy to watch play, and made for some fluid attacking soccer. Now, I'm playing with a more structured 4-4-2 in the lower levels with two inverted wingers. So far, I'm having good success a few games in. The main thing I got from Cleon is not to over-step the mentalities. If you set to standard mentalty, then let roles really decide how attacking and defensive your tactic is, your game play will be much better.
Old 12-09-2017, 06:36 PM   #55
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

And of course I broke down and bought it. Was at a good spot to end my FM17 career and had 50 extra dollars sitting on a credit card. Hello White Star Bruxelles, going to try to take this about to die club to glory.
Old 12-13-2017, 02:48 PM   #56
Flame Eater
H.S. Freshman Team

I'm another one of those, "I buy it every year" kind of guys, but I've held off so far. I've been casually watching the Steam discussion boards, #'s of reviews and "positive" rating. Interesting that there are only 2,100ish reviews, the "positive" is at 61% and the game has never been on the "top sellers" page.

It's hard to figure. The two type's of review's are: "I'm so sick of this tired shit!" and "This is the best game ever published!". I'm sure I'll get it, but I think I'll wait until after the Holidays.

Cheers.
Flame Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 09:18 AM   #57
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Hello, long time no see

I pretty much never sit down to play on my PC anymore, doing all my playing on my iPad. Used to have an old iPad 4 but after buying a new iPad Pro (9.7 2016) I decided to bite the bullet and come back to FM via FM Touch 2018. Really looking forward to immersing myself again. Last version I played was FM Mobile 2013, I think...

FM
Old 12-17-2017, 01:14 PM   #58
whomario
Pro Starter

ok, can we really not set scouting assignments anymore when it is set to a staff member ? So you have to do all assigments or none ?
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 02:37 PM   #59
MrBug708
Head Coach

I don't understand. You can do it like before, it's just a different screen
Old 12-17-2017, 04:43 PM   #60
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
I don't understand. You can do it like before, it's just a different screen

Not when it is set to be handled by the Chief Scout. Before i could still go into any scout's "scout assignment" page and assign an area or competition to him, now the button for that is only available when i set myself in charge of assignments and simply not there when the chief scout handles scouting duties. I suppose i could switch it up everytime, but still ...
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
Old 12-21-2017, 06:47 AM   #61
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
Not when it is set to be handled by the Chief Scout. Before i could still go into any scout's "scout assignment" page and assign an area or competition to him, now the button for that is only available when i set myself in charge of assignments and simply not there when the chief scout handles scouting duties. I suppose i could switch it up everytime, but still ...

You can still assign "short term" assignments. But if you want to set permanent assignments, then you can't let a staff member do it. It is all easy enough to do, and I do like the way it is set up. It would have been better if they had it like training (you can override assignments there without taking control).
Old 12-21-2017, 08:29 PM   #62
henry296
College Starter

Mark,

In FM mobile, I just had three games in three days. Boxing Day was Friday and the games on Saturday and Sunday in 2025. This was in the English championship.
Old 12-21-2017, 10:47 PM   #63
Izulde
Head Coach

I'm pondering biting on it at 25% off on Steam sale. But then I'm like FM16 French save still a thing.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 11:44 PM   #64
MrBug708
Head Coach

I think it's a big enough of a jump. I think it's my favorite edition
Old 12-22-2017, 01:14 AM   #65
bhlloy
Coordinator

I just got my best regen I think I've ever had, my head of youth development told me he could be one of the best players in the game, was good enough to play 10+ times in the Prem at age 16 and now at 17 he's just scored a wonder goal and got an 8.4 rating in his first game in 2019.

Is it the best version of the game? Feels like the on-pitch AI is the best it's ever been and in general it's harder to get on a morale roll with inferior teams and get unrealistic results, plus three seasons in and teams are doing a decent job of developing young talent and putting out competitive teams so far. I do love the new injury system and I'm coming around on the social group changes - you definitely can't do shady stuff like promise something to a player and do the opposite any more, especially if he's an important member of your team. Makes those decisions on replacing a player who is getting old or got you promoted but isn't good enough for the next level really tough because it can absolutely destroy your team if you don't handle it well.

On the flip side, I still hate the new scouting system. Once you get into the Prem and have a large scouting staff with global reach it's just the most tedious chore ever. I regularly have 50-60 new items to go through every two weeks and I've just started clearing all. It's also just not very well optimized right now - the number of 19 year old free transfer 2 stars at the start of the season, or the number of repeats I get from agents telling me their shitty player was just placed on the loan list is tedious.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 11:31 PM   #66
fortheglory
Mascot

Last year, it was the Chinese railing on FM...this year I have no idea, but what is FM getting such bad reviews? I don't see the issue!...lack of interest here also compared to years' past.

What is so wrong with it?
fortheglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 09:09 AM   #67
MrBug708
Head Coach

I want to play in a league where the teams I play can take on foreign players and get quick nationality 5 years or less, so they become eligible for the national team. Serbia qualifies for this correct? Bulgaria? Any ideas? San Marino qualifies as well, though I think the citizenship takes longer

Last edited by MrBug708 : 12-27-2017 at 09:10 AM.
Old 12-27-2017, 09:23 AM   #68
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
I want to play in a league where the teams I play can take on foreign players and get quick nationality 5 years or less, so they become eligible for the national team. Serbia qualifies for this correct? Bulgaria? Any ideas? San Marino qualifies as well, though I think the citizenship takes longer

http://www.footballmanagerblog.org/2...tionality.html

FM17 rather than 18 but starting point

Old 12-27-2017, 09:25 AM   #69
MrBug708
Head Coach

Are citizenship and work permits or "passports" still the same thing? Once they get that second nationality, do they suddenly become eligible for the national team? Or is there a waiting period?
Old 03-22-2018, 02:17 PM   #70
dolfin
High School JV

50% off on Steam through 3/26
dolfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 08:46 AM   #71
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Are citizenship and work permits or "passports" still the same thing? Once they get that second nationality, do they suddenly become eligible for the national team? Or is there a waiting period?

A second nationality makes a player eligible for another national team, so long as they haven't been capped by another nation. It does also make them a national for the purposes of EU/visa requirements. It is a second passport.

Just because a guy is eligible doesn't mean he'll get add to a national pool for the other nation, especially depending on his age. But it's still very useful.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 09:36 AM   #72
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I brought my Neloxia league back to FM18 after a two year hiatus. It's a 19-tier pyramid based in Europe (replacing Gibraltar) and a good deal of money injected into it.

There are lots of opportunities to grow a team from the bottom or take over a top-tier team in Neloxia and lead to them European glory.

Available on Steam workshop:
Steam Workshop :: Neloxia (Fictional European Nation, 19-tier pyramid)

For safety, use the 18.0 db, not the 18.3, I don't know if it'll work.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 09:56 AM   #73
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Saw this on sale for 66% off, is it worth it? I have seen several complaints about player values getting hammered 4-5 years into the game. Have any of you experienced this?
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 10:38 AM   #74
Arles
Grey Dog Software

It looks like the player values drop is primarily related to the Scottish league (esp Celtic). It seems to prop up after values get increased by a big run the Champion's League. I think if you avoid the Scottish league, you should be OK.

I'm in year 4 of my Wrexham rebuild in England and having fun. The big improvements I've seen are as follows:
1. When you stockpile talent at a position, current players will get concerned. For example, I had 3 MC players in a rotation and signed a 4th MC/AMR to upgrade my AMR slot. The weakest MC in my rotation got the concerned icon and under his happiness it said "is concerned that [new signing] is going to take his spot in the starting lineup". If you don't play that concerned player for 4-5 games straight, he may get upset and then ask to be transferred.

2. It's not as easy to sell surplus guys. In old versions, I would stockpile young talent or add upgrades with the idea I could sell the current guys of lesser talent. I've had to routinely sell guys valued at 140K+ in the 40-50K range in League 2/League 1. Some guys I just had to try and loan until the end of their contract because no one was interested.

3. The EU/work permit development 2-3 years in adds a challenge for England. You can't just get really good eastern european/african/overseas kids to develop. Most won't get a work permit and even some current stash kids you have won't qualify moving forward. I haven even signed some without WP and tried to loan them, but you can't really use them and eventually just try to sell and make a profit.

4. The board may give you an ultimatum if you keep showing interest in jobs, even if you are "untouchable". I took Wrexham from Conf to League 1 and started getting interest from higher teams in Europe and the Championship England level. So, I answered that I was "flattered" in the press to 3-4 of the teams interested. After the 3rd one, the board said they were very upset and I either needed to resign or apologize for showing interest. I had never seen that before in prior versions.

5. The contract promises are better. Instead of asking for random things, a lot of high players for your level in free transfer will ask that you promise to get promoted within 1-2 years. That makes more sense to me. And, if you reject the promise, some won't agree to sign or ask for a lot more money. If someone is "dubious" and asks for the promotion promise, you pretty much need to accept it to have a chance at landing them.

Overall, I have really enjoyed it. Honestly, even if I did hit a "bug" where a bunch of my player values dropped in year 5/6 - I might enjoy the challenge. Usually by then I have my machine running pretty well and could use something extra to deal with.

Last edited by Arles : 06-21-2018 at 10:42 AM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 02:06 PM   #75
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

So, how obnoxious are all the extra interviews/player interactions? I've always glossed through those, and found them to be tedious in prior versions.

Aka...it's still on huge sale, I'm debating buying, but like 90% of the changes they've added are things I honestly don't give a shit about.

- Rob
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 02:26 PM   #76
Arles
Grey Dog Software

I always use the FM Touch version. Allowing you to quick sim games and cut down on the daily tasks/interaction. I'm more into the macro team building and tactic refinement over time - so that play style really suits me.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:34 PM   #77
Critch
lolzcat

I either choose the second top answer or "no comment" if I'm asked my opinion of the opposition team or manager. Gets me through the press part without too much pain.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:19 AM   #78
MrBug708
Head Coach

Press Conferences are still tedious, though now they serve as an easier way of annoying your players

A cool thing I did come across in the inbox was after a particular ugly showing, the players offered a refund to all of the fans who came to watch
Old 07-11-2018, 08:24 AM   #79
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
I always use the FM Touch version. Allowing you to quick sim games and cut down on the daily tasks/interaction. I'm more into the macro team building and tactic refinement over time - so that play style really suits me.

Big into this right now. Love the quick sim option. I'm amidst my usual path of pulling a very low-league team up through the ranks. Amidst occasional struggles, I get pressure to mix up tactics (new to me) and have gotten roster unrest from too many signings... all good facets to a game that gives me a whole lot for my money.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:45 AM   #80
whomario
Pro Starter

How does the Touch version handle youth academy and development ?

Would maybe want to do an academy-only save in south america and thus would not need many of the bells and whistles with regards to the big database, transfer/scouting. But would obviously need youth intake and such to be not too watered down ...

Currently have a Villareal save going where i am in 2022 and starting to challenge Barca/Real. Lovely thing about the spanish league is that even with CL money you need to sell players to get funds, especially as the salaries go up. Makes it more challenging than Serie A or Bundesliga (Prem is too 'cartoonish' for me and no desire for lower leagues right now)

@QuikSand : Which Team ? Had a stellar save with Canvey Island a in 16

Last edited by whomario : 07-11-2018 at 09:52 AM.
Old 07-11-2018, 12:05 PM   #81
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
@QuikSand : Which Team ? Had a stellar save with Canvey Island a in 16

I'm playing with Havant & Waterlooville, have just managed to promote for a third time. Have had some rough spots along the way, was basically compelled by the fans to reinvent base tactics a couple of times, and have suffered/enjoyed all that typically comes with every CM/FM career. Just was forced to let a fabulous free-transfer-in striker head up the food chain, as someone triggered his L2.4M release clause. Stinks, but that's just how it is as a minnow.
Old 07-11-2018, 12:21 PM   #82
digamma
Torchbearer

How much deeper is FM touch than FM mobile?
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 12:33 PM   #83
QuikSand
lolzcat

FM Touch appears to be the full game, just one cycle behind (my FM18Touch game is apparently the same game as FM17 for PC). It's not stripped-down in the way that FM Mobile is. Fair argument whether that's good or bad (depends what you want, I reckon), but it's a big difference under the hood. I balked a long time before switching but I'm glad I did, FM Touch is more rewarding to me.

Last edited by QuikSand : 07-11-2018 at 12:34 PM.
Old 07-11-2018, 12:48 PM   #84
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
How does the Touch version handle youth academy and development ?
I'm not really sure. We got the same 5-6 youth players each year into my Wrexham team (with their quality dependent in part on your youth level score). I'm guessing the touch version isn't that far off the main one in regards to development. You don't need to worry about assistant coaches and setting training areas. I usually just make the player train for the role/position I envision him playing and leave it be. Occasionally I will get a skill recommendation in the monthly training updates. So, when that happens, I'll add that to his regimen. I still loan out around 15-20 younger talents each year and get to watch their progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
How much deeper is FM touch than FM mobile?
I've never played the mobile version. From what I understand, you can use ITunes sharing to load tactics and the gameplay should be almost identical. There is a 30-season limit and a max of 3 nations you can play in the save - but I think that's the only difference. I'd be interested in seeing how it compares to Touch from someone who's played both. I may buy it and start a career when I'm on vacation.

Last edited by Arles : 07-11-2018 at 12:52 PM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:13 PM   #85
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch View Post
I either choose the second top answer or "no comment" if I'm asked my opinion of the opposition team or manager. Gets me through the press part without too much pain.

Anytime I avoid answering something, I feel like the media puts the bullseye on that topic for ten times as long.

SO YOU DON'T THINK THAT LUIGI IS THE REASON YOU GUYS LOST THE GAME TODAY??? ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:15 PM   #86
Mota
College Benchwarmer

I would love to play FM mode where I can control the rosters and interactions, but let my assistant control the actual tactics during the game. I just enjoy watching the games play out but I don't know what I'm doing.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:21 PM   #87
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
Anytime I avoid answering something, I feel like the media puts the bullseye on that topic for ten times as long.

SO YOU DON'T THINK THAT LUIGI IS THE REASON YOU GUYS LOST THE GAME TODAY??? ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!

Let them know who's boss.

1st time [Calm] - no comment
2nd time [Calm] - no comment
3rd time [Assertive] - no comment

I'm not saying this is the ultimate approach, just that it gets me through the boredom of press interaction quickly, and my assistant always seems to kick up a scandal if I send him.
Old 07-12-2018, 03:18 AM   #88
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
I would love to play FM mode where I can control the rosters and interactions, but let my assistant control the actual tactics during the game. I just enjoy watching the games play out but I don't know what I'm doing.

Once you get a handle on tactics, it changes everything. IMO, that is the key to taking a team of lesser skilled players and holding your own against a better league. It's very satisfying being predicted to battle against relegation and end up battling for promotion.

And clearly by 'get a handle on tactics', I mean finding a good tactic to download from much smarter people and applying that to your squad.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 09:41 AM   #89
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Oh how typical. So I pulled the trigger. Spend a few hours setting up a 3-4-3 tactic. First friendly against a peon, and ....

Down 1-0 after the half. Me, 15 shots on goal, them, 1 shot on (in) goal.

Yep, it's still FM.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:30 AM   #90
Arles
Grey Dog Software

If you are playing the normal FM, there is a "tactic familiarity" period when you change or add a new tactic. In this period, you aren't as effective as the team hasn't learned it yet (in theory). I'm not a huge fan of this because, in reality, a head coach has his tactic when hired and spends a great deal of time training the team before even the first friendlies. That's why I like the Touch version - there is no "feeling out" period with a tactic. I think the "squad harmony" rating is a better use of this and it is in both versions (and focuses more on how happy everyone is and how many new players are on the squad).
Old 07-12-2018, 10:58 AM   #91
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Oh, I know. I just found it amusing the FIRST match I played on a brand new version gives me one of those Classic FM Matches.
Old 07-12-2018, 01:53 PM   #92
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post

And clearly by 'get a handle on tactics', I mean finding a good tactic to download from much smarter people and applying that to your squad.

Nah, nothing better than coming up with something yourself

Had changed to a 4222/424 (back 4, 2 CMs, RW/LW and then 2 strikers) in games when behind a few times, then set out to create it as a full time tactic. After 2 seasons of scoring a lot but (quite predictably ) also leaking goals i made a few more adjustments and then finished the 2020/2021 season with a new record of 100 goals scored and 'only' conceding 36 in the 38 game spanish season (2 years before i conceded 47 and 48, respectively).

I mean, it isn't stellar but respectable enough, especially considering i had to sell my best CB and my very attacking LB/RB mainstays turned 33 over the season

Have a real neat mixture of young talent and veterans, also some that revived their careers. Bought Miguel Layun after a couple disapointing seasons with Sevilla, one season bossing the right side for me he generated interest from big hitters like ManU and even Real. Heck, before the past season i signed Modric on a free after he was let go by Madrid after playing 5 games all season due to massive injuries. Steadied my midfield and was great for me on a budget contract (2.5 mio per year).

Lucked into a great Youngster who was already there when i signed at the end of the 2018 season (part of that years youth intake) and who has now 90 goals in 130 games, not a bad start to a career. From a pure ability point of view he is not world class talent but half a step below, so decent chance of keeping him longterm

Last edited by whomario : 07-12-2018 at 02:14 PM.
Old 07-12-2018, 02:17 PM   #93
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Yeah, I too can never bring myself to just download a tactic. Read up on them, sure. Straight download one...never!
Old 07-15-2018, 05:27 PM   #94
Izulde
Head Coach

Anyone have a good guide on FM18's new shit? I'm staring at the scouting screen and looking at positions like Data Analyst going WTF?

Old 07-15-2018, 06:04 PM   #95
Izulde
Head Coach

Wow, this game is total ass in its interface. They made scouting unnecessarily complicated and the staff search is a damned clickfest.

Glad I spent only $17 on this because this is horrible. I'm going back to 16.

Old 07-15-2018, 06:59 PM   #96
PilotMan
Head Coach

hater

It's still better than 16.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Last edited by PilotMan : 07-15-2018 at 06:59 PM.
PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 07:05 PM   #97
Izulde
Head Coach

16 is way better. The only thing that saddens me is Classen's FM18 leagues pack won't work with FM16 Got the FM18 logo pack to work with FM16 though

Old 07-15-2018, 07:07 PM   #98
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
hater

It is better than 16, but the scouting system and screen is the kind of over architected, frustrating and ultimately counter productive thing that FM seems to love to do every few years. Hopefully it's something that is either completely reworked or at least made way more helpful and useful for next years version. Because I agree, it's a shitty clickfest as it currently stands.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 07:23 PM   #99
whomario
Pro Starter

I do agree that scouting is a step in an entirely wrong direction, with some stuff that just doesn't make sense. I get that the general idea is to either do it yourself or let your Chief Scout handle it. But if have no idea why for example you can't have the CS do it but still give him multiple general long term guidelines rather than just 1. Surely it should be possible to tell him to look for both experienced midfielders and young defenders at the same time ...
Or that i can't have it handled by my CS and still tell him to scout this tournament or that area of the world (and then do his thing on top of that). Meanwhile, when i handle scouting myself and select a tournament as short term focus all my damn scouts go there as a group.
Or that you can't do 'OR' criteria anymore (only 'AND') when searching for players.

there are also a few inexplicably complicated screens and some stuff where you can't help but think the guy doing the design just had enough and just wanted to move one. For example the fact that you can't use the same custom screens (what info gets displayed) on the regular search and the shortlist screen despite both those screens sitting in the same place/using the same width.

But overall, this version has been great i think ...
Old 07-15-2018, 11:27 PM   #100
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post

It's better than 16, but it's not as good as 17.