Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-27-2018, 08:08 AM   #1
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

NFL "Pick Six"--A player valuation thread 2018 season edition

For reference: NFL "Pick Six" - a player valuation thread - Front Office Football Central

Quote:
THE GAME

You get to start a new NFL roster, from the very beginning, by taking six players from the current NFL. You get them at their current age and status. You don't have to worry about contracts - whatever the setup is, it is completely neutral on that regard. So, this is just about what guys you want to build your team around, right now. Your team isn't a one year effort, you are building for this year and beyond.

So... who ya got?

albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 08:17 AM   #2
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

QB--Tom Brady. Five years ago, had I played this game, I would have passed on Brady because he was "too old," and that would have been a mistake. Fuck it. I'll take Brady. If he plays until he's 45, then I'm golden. If he retires next year, I still got a year of Brady.

CB--Jalen Ramsey

CB--Marshon Lattimore--Our defense is going to be blitz heavy, which requires shutdown corners to play man D. We've got two young great ones.

RB--Alvin Kamara--There are better pure runners in the league, but I'm taking the most unique weapon to come along in years. Much like Brees, Brady will know how to maximize the value of his toy.

WR-Antonio Brown--OBJ has the injury issues. Julio is getting up in years and does not seem like a guy who wants to play forever. AB is the best WR in the league and should be great for a while longer.

QB--Carson Wentz--Should probably go Aaron Donald or an edge rusher here, but I'm actually committed to the Brady pick above. Wentz will sit for a year or two and really let that knee heal. Then, when Brady retires, he steps in.
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 10:30 AM   #3
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Aaron Donald
Fletcher Cox
Joey Bosa
David Bakhtiari
Aaron Rodgers
Antonio Brown

Building around a strong defensive line which will create chaos for any offensive line trying to block them. On offense I just wanted the best QB in the league protected by the top rated Left Tackle with the best playmaker in football. Seems like a blueprint for success.

The next area I would upgrade would be my secondary as I doubt teams are going to try to run much with Donald & Cox in the middle.

Rodgers doesnt need much to run a great offense. The Packers prove this when he is hurt.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 08-27-2018 at 10:30 AM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 11:37 AM   #4
Arles
Grey Dog Software

QB Aaron Rodgers
C Jason Kelce
LT David Bakhtiari
DT Aaron Donald
OLB Von Miller
CB AJ Bouye

Adding a top WR talent with Rodgers seems like a luxury pick with only 6 guys. He can make any WR effective. What he can't do is magically disappear when the OL collapses. So, I'll take 2 elite OL (C, LT) and Rodgers and feel good about my offense. Throw any collection of backs and WR in there and we will be top 5.

On D, I want a shutdown corner and two elite pass rushers (one outside and one inside).
Old 08-27-2018, 01:27 PM   #5
bhlloy
Coordinator

QB - Carson Wentz - choice between Wentz and Watson, went with the one whose play style I think is a little more likely to hold up for 10+ years and has a bit more of a track record in the league. Considered Baker Mayfield here but couldn’t pull the trigger on a guy who hasn’t shown anything in regular season action yet.

LT - David Bakhtiari - I’ll take the top rated LT last season who is still only 26 and signed to a decent contract and pair him with

RT - Taylor Lewan - highly paid, but this gives me a pair of bookend tackles that will play the next 10 years with a bit of luck

DE Joey Bosa No player in history has more sacks over his first two seasons, not a liability against the run and on a rookie contract. Gimme.

DT Aaron Donald Best defensive player I. The league in all probability. He’s not going to be cheap with the extension but he’s going to be worth it.

CB Jalen Ramsey Unbelievable talent and CBS aren’t supposed to be this good this early

Not taking any skill players may be debatable but seeing the Eagles template for winning the SB I’m pretty comfortable with it. We can easily find a RB and hopefully some decent receivers. Biggest debate was whether to go 2 DL/1 DB or the other way around.
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote