EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Helllloooooooo..elllo...ello..llo..

Anybody here...here..here..ere...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:38 PM   #752
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quiet deadline. Like yesterday, either really good or really scary.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:40 PM   #753
KWhit
Coordinator

Just got back from a crazy day. Here's hoping we made the right choice.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:54 PM   #754
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

The remaining Chicago Outfitters have decided that RealDeal must be killed. They are led to believe that he is hiding out in a warehouse in Cicero.

As they enter the building, they quickly realize it was a trap. The sound of tommy gun machine fire could be heard from miles away. They try to escape, but the door has been blocked.

In the end, it was Willie Marks who successfully orchestrated the victory for the North Siders. Willie Marks was Purdue Brad.

Thanks for playing. This was a fascinating game.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:56 PM   #755
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Nice job wolves.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:59 PM   #756
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Good game one and all. J23 and Poli, way to go guys!!!
Old 02-16-2010, 10:59 PM   #757
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

And GE, thanks for a great game.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:35 PM   #758
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
And GE, thanks for a great game.

+1
Old 02-16-2010, 11:57 PM   #759
Danny
Head Coach

Good thing you killed me PB, I messaged J23 and GE saying I thought you were the last wolf and would have voted you. Nicely played.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:00 AM   #760
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

You fuckers got lucky with me
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:37 AM   #761
J23
College Benchwarmer

GG folks. Thanks for running it GE.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 12:58 AM   #762
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

See, that just annoys the heck out of me. I was more or less certain PB was the last wolf, especially with how he was playing it the last day. But I was hamstrung by RD's odd insistence to vote as he did and KWhit's unavailability.

We should have won this one.

Kudos to the wolves in any case. They played it the right way. They were dealt a good hand, IMO, but you have to know what to do with it, too, and they did.

Thanks for the game, GE.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 06:34 AM   #763
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Votes as of post #121:

1 - CrimsonFox - Danny (77)
5 - Passacaglia - PurdueBrad (43), Telle (78), DaddyTorgo (86), EagleFan (115), Lathum (117)
1 - Telle - Poli (51)
4 - Lathum - CrimsonFox (81), Chief Rum (87), RealDeal (93), KWhit (113)
1 - Chief Rum - Darth Vilus (62)

Yet to vote: J23, Passacaglia, Autumn

Darth, I know you wondered why the D1 nightkill. Well, here is what I was thinking:

I didn't want to kill anyone on Pass or Lathum, it helped to keep from providing voting data to look at for a day. That left me looking at the people that laid off, which was Darth on CR, Poli (a wolf) on Telle, and Danny on CF. Last game I nightkilled Danny N1 (so I wanted to be nice and leave him alive, that almost backfired), I obviously couldn't kill Poli, and that left you or the no voters. However, Pass just got lynched, and that left J23 (a wolf) or Autumn. I thought that the village might be inclined to go for their own justice on J23 and Autumn, so again, that really just left you. Sorry for the night one kill, I know it sucks.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:43 AM   #764
Danny
Head Coach

I voted you twice PB! I just wasn't alive to go for the third time . I actually never stopped thinking you were a wolf over RealDeal although I really tried to be fair to you by considering you weren't. I really wish the village had gone with my plan over lynching Poli. I think we win for sure if that happens.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:46 AM   #765
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I voted you twice PB!

And I think you should stop doing that.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:52 AM   #766
Autumn
Head Coach

Man, I thought I laid it out pretty nicely why you were the wolf, PB. You must have been breathing a sigh of relief as everyone went other directions.

Obviously I screwed up big time with my duking, especially knowing we would have caught PurdueBrad that day. I thought that PB had been hinting he was the seer, and that he'd scanned DT. The more I read back through his messages the more sure I was. I tried to hint to him that I would duke it and that he shouldn't out himself. I knew it was a risky move but I thought I had a good read. Obviously I didn't, at all. That hurt us big time. I've never had a villager role before, really, and hopefully I don't get one again soon ;-)

I think I made up for it by nailing PB, to some extent, but I obviously wasn't convincing enough. Wolves, was I right that you killed EF thinking he must be the seer?
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:54 AM   #767
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, I blew the EF kill by thinking he was the seer. Good read Autumn.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:27 AM   #768
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, I blew the EF kill by thinking he was the seer. Good read Autumn.

I would have come after you and J23 hard if you hadn't taken me out. You were my top two suspects at that point. I felt that you were giving off a wolf vibe (and one post that I didn't tell you about in any of the post nk pm's made me feel so even more ) and I felt that J23 was reacting to a couple suggestions that you were making (like his late switch to you on the night of the duking) to try to gain trust for him.

Poli I didn't have a read on though.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:28 AM   #769
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

dola: I'll be posting signups for the next game a little later today. Will be starting on Monday.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:30 AM   #770
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
and one post that I didn't tell you about in any of the post nk pm's made me feel so even more

JERK!
Old 02-17-2010, 09:31 AM   #771
Autumn
Head Coach

If RD had been the last wolf I was going to be pissed. Not just because I would have been wrong, but because if wolves can get to end game by being that UTR it hardly feels worthwhile playing. So I'm glad it was PB.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:31 AM   #772
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
JERK!

I don't even know if I want to play your game now.

Hurry up and put up the signups.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:38 AM   #773
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

No offense to Autumn but I think to many people misplay the duke role and use it for the sake of using it.

IMO you should only use it if you are on the block of if the village wants you to for soe reason. If you just use it for the sake of using it you are undermining the wishishs of the village and that only helps the wolves.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:44 AM   #774
Autumn
Head Coach

No prob, Lathum, obviously that was true there. I was anticipating being lynched not long before deadline and so sent in a conditional order. I also knew the wolves knew who I was. When the vote went from me (who they knew could duke) to PB (who I thought was the seer) I figured it was a savvy wolf move, and thought I was being more savvy. But generally I agree with you, Lathum, and should of in this case too.

My plan was to only use it if I was lynched, and to duke to whoever was the other voting candidate, to give us the most vote history. Obviously I should have stuck to that.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:20 AM   #775
Poli
FOFC Survivor

PB deserves most of the wolf credit. My limited internet connectivity has forced me to be more of a reader than poster as of late, as a villager and a wolf. I followed along and would have voiced concern had I thought PB was making a wrong move, but I felt he was doing a great job.

Personally, I like the "take out the loud people" strategy. The seer can be anyone, and while I do enjoy a game of "find the seer" as much as any other wolf does...I didn't have much of a chance to PM my two buddies as I would have liked. The last thing I want, ever, as a wolf or roled villager, is to have someone catch my status as "private messaging"...and being logged in on my phone trying to type out a PM...too risky for me. The only times I PMed anyone was when I had the ability to mask my actual intention of a PM from a computer. So PB's strategy was fine by me. There was no chance we'd have found telle, in my opinion.

Autumn's switch really proved vital to our cause. PB had basically already said his goodbyes and with J on the firing line as well, I thought this could get hairy quickly. I was contemplating how I would step up my game when the results showed he was still in the game somehow.

I'm surprised at the lucky shot I felt telle took at me. Granted, she nailed me. Had I been a villager, though, I think it would have been a complete waste.

I enjoyed danny's argument to save me. I felt it didn't help his status at all. I felt like I was being baited a bit to see what my reaction would be so for the most part I stayed silent. I also enjoyed the little stink I layed out with my "trust" list right before telle outed me.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:21 AM   #776
RealDeal
High School Varsity

As is my pattern, I'll be bowing out of WW for a while. I played 4 games in a row, and burned out. My involvement this game wasn't really fair to the other players.

I'll take some time off and jump back in in a few months. Thanks for the fun, guys.
RealDeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:27 AM   #777
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeal View Post
As is my pattern, I'll be bowing out of WW for a while. I played 4 games in a row, and burned out. My involvement this game wasn't really fair to the other players.

I'll take some time off and jump back in in a few months. Thanks for the fun, guys.

It happens, so I understand. Look forward to seeing you when you come back!
Old 02-17-2010, 10:27 AM   #778
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Have fun, RD. I always find it hard to stay involved in a vanilla villager role. I feel like I'm just along for the ride and used to hate to think of myself as cannon fodder. Now I just look at myself as a scout in Stratego. I don't have much worth, but perhaps I can provide some information in my lynch or night kill.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:27 AM   #779
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I really want a dungeon game.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:53 AM   #780
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
I really want a dungeon game.

I was thinking about this too. Abe, KWhit, and Jackal have all put these together. From a burnout standpoint for some, soon may be a good time to try one of these again. If nobody else wants to or has one ready to go, I could try to develop something (but selfishly, these are some of my favorite games to play in).

Thanks for your kind words as well Poli, but we did well as a team. I never envisioned the lynch turning on J23 rather than myself, so I feel bad about that.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:53 AM   #781
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
The last thing I want, ever, as a wolf or roled villager, is to have someone catch my status as "private messaging"...and being logged in on my phone trying to type out a PM...too risky for me. The only times I PMed anyone was when I had the ability to mask my actual intention of a PM from a computer.

I really hope no one actively tries to do this because it is about as shitty a meta-gamey thing as someone can do.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:55 AM   #782
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I really hope no one actively tries to do this because it is about as shitty a meta-gamey thing as someone can do.

I'm actually very paranoid about this as well to be honest. I can honestly say I've never done it but the possibility that somebody will usually causes me to have multiple windows open on the forum. One where I jump room to room and the other where I check PMs.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:03 AM   #783
Poli
FOFC Survivor

PB, I wouldn't mind managing one but I'd be hard pressed to figure out how to put it together. Maybe we could talk.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:33 AM   #784
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I may be in the minority but I'm not sure a dungeon game is the best cure fur burnout.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:46 AM   #785
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I may be in the minority but I'm not sure a dungeon game is the best cure fur burnout.

It was intensive to a degree but I did like the teamwork that emerged in that everyone that was playing was working towards helping one another compared to our usual state of paranoia and debate. I actually may be in the minority in thinking that the dungeon game was a rejuvinating change because it was intensive.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:11 PM   #786
Autumn
Head Coach

I am also paranoid as a wolf in using the PMs. I echo the call that I hope no one actually checks that, because I would find being a wolf about 100% less stressful if I knew that they weren't.

I would love to play in a dungeon game because I've missed all the rest, or died very early in the one I was in. But wouldn't have to be right now.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:41 PM   #787
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
PB, I wouldn't mind managing one but I'd be hard pressed to figure out how to put it together. Maybe we could talk.

We could definitely chat. I'm waiting to see what kind of interest pops up but I would help set it up and leave myself in the dark as the important stuff so that I could play.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:57 PM   #788
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm actually very paranoid about this as well to be honest. I can honestly say I've never done it but the possibility that somebody will usually causes me to have multiple windows open on the forum. One where I jump room to room and the other where I check PMs.

Sorry PB, here you are paranoid about that and I was PM'ing the crap out of you the day after you nk'd me.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:01 PM   #789
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

I agree.

I took this game off because of burnout, and I don't think I'd play in a complex game (other than a Marvel one) if it was the next one.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:02 PM   #790
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think I liked it better when you voted for me on D1 EF, D3 feels much more dangerous.

Here's your post that I mentioned. The choice of the word dangerous describing my vote just seemed to stand out to me.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:05 PM   #791
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

dola: going to post the signups now but won't have the details until tonight after I get home.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:04 PM   #792
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:

Seriously and honestly, judging from the the success of the village lately I highly doubt anyone does . In seriousness, I really don't think anyone of us would actually do this.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:04 PM   #793
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Sorry PB, here you are paranoid about that and I was PM'ing the crap out of you the day after you nk'd me.

Hehe, just another way for you to torture me!

Actually I enjoy carrying on those conversations, particularly with you because you tend to read me well.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:05 PM   #794
Danny
Head Coach

Oh and the streak of PB either having a role or being a wolf continues, I think that is like 46 games in a row now.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:14 PM   #795
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

The critical night was the second one. For whatever reason, everyone emerged on to Autumn. Telle scanned him, Lathum protected him, and the Wolves sent Willie Marks to kill him.

I don't think anyone thought Telle was the seer. She might have been able to get at least one more scan in.

Obviously, Autumn changing the vote to DT had an affect as well on the game.

I hope the game was balanced. With only three wolves, I wanted all of them to have a role.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:16 PM   #796
Danny
Head Coach

Game was balanced fine. Wolves won, but the village had every opportunity to do so as well.

You know what would be a fun, a game where the wolf kill is not a choice, but kills a random villager each night.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:18 PM   #797
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Oh and the streak of PB either having a role or being a wolf continues, I think that is like 46 games in a row now.

You know, we need to compile a list of "rules", such as if Hoops or Lathum are alive on day 3 then they are obviously a wolf. Or perhaps that Alan always dies by night 4. Something like Danny's observation above, however, should be left off of such a list.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:24 PM   #798
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
We could definitely chat. I'm waiting to see what kind of interest pops up but I would help set it up and leave myself in the dark as the important stuff so that I could play.

Word.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:30 PM   #799
Danny
Head Coach

I'd love a dungeon game!!! Abe's dungeon is actually what got me to check out board gaming, and now I have 92 games and am an addict as Darth can attest. Fortunately I got him into them as well.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:34 PM   #800
Danny
Head Coach

Hmmm, now after saying that, my next WW game will probably be based off of one of my board games.