Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-16-2012, 10:22 AM   #1
DanGarion
Coordinator

MLB 2k12

So I sold me PS3 at the beginning of the year since I wasn't using it at all anymore. The last MLB The Show I bought was 2010 and last year I bought MLB2k11 and enjoyed it. I see the trailer for MLB2k12 came out last week. Who else is looking to get this?

There doesn't seem to be any good preorder deals for it at the moment.

DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:24 AM   #2
DanGarion
Coordinator

Too bad they have Kate Upton doing advertising for them...

DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:26 AM   #3
gstelmack
Pro Starter

I now have to go wash my brain out with soap after reading the title of that second video.

Last edited by gstelmack : 02-16-2012 at 10:26 AM. Reason: now not know
gstelmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:43 AM   #4
AENeuman
College Benchwarmer

Did she just say, "throw the most perfect game in mlb"?

Heard that being the last year for this franchise they may have mailed it in
AENeuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:11 AM   #5
cody8200
High School Varsity

I'll probably be buying it again this year,. I loved MLB 2k11 for the PC last year. It had just a few nagging things about it (teams not using pinch hitters for their pitchers when they should have) that sucked. The commentary is so much better than the Show and it costs so much less $~25-30 on PC that I can't really lose anyway.
cody8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:06 PM   #6
Terps
College Prospect

They're selling a combo pack of this and NBA 2K12 for $69.99.

360 only, I believe.

Last edited by Terps : 02-16-2012 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Added.
Terps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:28 PM   #7
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Anyone try this yet? I am assuming that it's out (it's out for PC on Steam at least).
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:48 PM   #8
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I ordered it even after I told myself no.. got it for $35 with rewardzone certificates.

Should be here by Friday I'm thinking.. playing The Show too.

I have baseball fever right now.. what the hell..
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:28 PM   #9
TRO
College Prospect

I played it tonight. It's ok.

But I puked when I saw that they still had the All-Star game uniforms from 2011 instead of anything new for this year. I don't want Arizona uniforms for my Kansas City All-Star game!

It is a decent game, especially if you don't have a PS3. But if you have a PS3, The Show is still the best thing going.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:40 PM   #10
Balldog
Pro Rookie

I was able to get 1 game in tonight. I got beat by Washington 4-1 as Detroit. Strasburg pitched 8 1/3 with 9 Ks and Verlander went 7 1/3 with 7 Ks. I'm still getting use to 2K Baseball after playing Show for the last several years.

So far so good but we'll see.

fyi - I don't play with the fancy pitching and hitting, just a button smasher here.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:05 AM   #11
sooner333
College Starter

I just got the game (the combo pack with NBA 2k12, which I foresee getting more time in the present). I may go to the classic hitting and pitching myself--my biggest problem is I strike out a ton (some of that is patience and not playing a baseball game in years...I've never been a great hitter, though i could win in MVP on Xbox). Pitching is ok, but I'm really bad at the movements which require you to spin around on the RS...this is also the case for me with spin moves in 2k--I just can't get it quite smooth enough around the dial.

What's the classic pitching/hitting like? I've really just wanted a game like MVP baseball for awhile--is it something along those lines?
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:21 PM   #12
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

May try this at some point for the PC if it is enough of an upgrade from last year (want something for the laptop for trips).

Did the fix the stuttering baserunners? That is annoying as hell; hitting what should be an easy standup double and even though I am telling my runner to advance on to second the runner ends up stopping at first for a moment before running to second.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:47 PM   #13
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I do like that you can save a game in progress.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:12 PM   #14
heybrad
Norm!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I do like that you can save a game in progress.
I'm itching to play a baseball game this year and that may be the feature that pushes me over the edge.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 06:34 PM   #15
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by heybrad View Post
I'm itching to play a baseball game this year and that may be the feature that pushes me over the edge.

It's one of the big things that has me continuing to support the 2k games. NBA 2k11/12 are like this as well, which makes it much easier to play 12 minute quarters given that the kids may interrupt me. That limits my NCAAF playing windows, for example, but I can pick up NBA 2k12 anytime and be able to save and quit quickly if I need to handle something family-related.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:52 PM   #16
Qrusher14242
High School JV

you can save in game in the Show too. Can you save ingame with NBA2k11? I couldn't find it last time i played, but that was a little while ago
Qrusher14242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:56 PM   #17
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Played my first full game and had fun. For now, I can see myself alternating between both games. Pitching is great, hitting with analog is fun and I didn't see any glitches or anything taking away from the game.
Old 03-10-2012, 11:19 PM   #18
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Stupid baserunner glitch still.

Bases loaded, 2 outs. Base hit to the outfield, I hit the button for my runner from second to round third and go home (on the list of runners it changes to H so I know it accepted the command). The runner gets to third and stops, just stands there on the base. Until the throw finally comes in, then he takes off to home. Luckily I hit back just quick enough so he got back just before the throw back to third.

Will keep an eye out, hope that it is a rare glitch.

Another issue that I have at the moment is that it seems that I can't get anything to the gap. Even balls that look like they should be headed there get cut off against all odds. Yet my outfielders seem like they are running in mud towards balls hit in the gap.

Waiting for a few more games to really get a feel for it though.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:10 AM   #19
heybrad
Norm!!!

It's been a long time since I bought a baseball game and I finally broke down and got mlb2k12. I'm really enjoying the My Player mode but base running is just flat out broken. Advancing two bases is difficult. Telling my guy to go to 3rd never works. I have to use the right trigger which is supposed to advance a single base but I'm pretty sure thats what stops the running if I want to advance two bases. If I'm on second and the batter gets a hit, I've pretty well accepted that I will round 3rd, stop and then my player may decide to continue on. Running really is bad in this game.

All that said, I am still enjoying playing.

Last edited by heybrad : 03-25-2012 at 11:12 AM.
heybrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:59 PM   #20
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Waiting on the show rosters...

I started my franchise with mk's roster set and I'm 2-4 so far with the Cardinals. I'm enjoying the game quite a bit. I can hit much better in 2k12, that's for sure.

Carpenter already went down with an injury, so I signed Roy Oswalt and took a chance on Rich Harden. I then traded Westbrook to the Yankees for a so-so AAA RP.

Holliday is on a tear, hitting .470+ to start the season. Jay Bruce has been killing me though!
Old 03-27-2012, 11:05 PM   #21
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

This game has been a pleasant surprise for me, franchise mode is well done so far. Really liking the gameplay quite a bit.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:00 PM   #22
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

This game has grown on me and it actually quite fun. It has its flaws, baserunning issues especially, but it is fun to play. I also love that I have a baseball game to play on the laptop so I can take it anywhere.

Just had my best pitching performance ever in a game. Gave up a hit to the Pirates second batter in the 1st inning and then retired the final 26. Doc had 15 strikeouts in the 1 hit shutout.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:34 PM   #23
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

It'll be interesting to see what happens on the next round of licensing and whether Sega even bothers to bid..........

Dubious Quality: MLB 2K: The Deathening
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 07:30 PM   #24
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding
College Starter

Gotta give MLB 2k12 some much belated love. I have been playing it for the 360. Yes, the animations are a bit wonky and sometimes the replays focus on the batter for too long, but damn does it play a good game of baseball. With the right sliders, there is a real cat and mouse game for batter vs pitcher, there are a wide variety of hits and the thing the game does perhaps better than even current games is the dynamic commentary and stats. Throughout the game, they will be talking about the current top ten teams in batting average or pitching, they will talk about the hottest batters over the past ten days etc. Such a polished presentation. It is a shame that people didn't give this game more of a chance. I have read some of the reviews on it, and I think they were really unfairly harsh. If it would have been allowed to continue until today, I think it really could be better than the Show. Especially considering what 2k has been able to do with NBA
LastWhiteSoxFanStanding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 08:10 PM   #25
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

It was a sad day when they had to stop making MLB 2k