Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-02-2009, 03:13 PM   #6251
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Heh.

And what's even funnier is that was posted on December 30, 2005.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:33 PM   #6252
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

So for those keeping track at home:

---1 of the 7 bullet points listed deals with updating the code type

---1 deals with incidentals like, "...several new features are being worked on. Not all of them may make the final cut based on scope and capacity, but some of these features include basic AI trading, built in Playbooks, improved Play Development System, and new Overtime Features. Online play is still something high on the list of wants but it's a massive task..." Hey, he's got a good track record with tacking on a bunch of stuff at the last minute and making them appear on the game feature list.

---And of course it wouldn't be Maximum Football without 5 of the 7 updates being updates to the eye candy so people can make pretty uniforms.

After some further research (a bit bored today), the Maximum Football 3 thread on Matrix has some rather annoyed customers as you might imagine..

RE: Maximum Football 3.0?

Quote:
I have to agree with both Mykal and Rhino on this one. Not sure why we need be so touchy about rolling eyes. Go search for posts from GreatWhite...my God, that was tolerated and eyerolls get a bad rap?

I think what we are all seeing is the death of a game we wanted to be something great. I know some of us will still play it for years to come, some may even go buy whatever David is making now. But the grand experiment that was Maximum football is being kept alive by a very small group of people. People like Mykal. People who dont talk about add-ons or charging for content.

It is NOT being kept alive by moderators, or the guy that developed it in the first place. I spend more time on these forums, reading and posting, than I do playing the game. I just started the WCFL, and we arent even in week 1 and the Remote In system is looking like its still hosed. Just a frustrating situation. Im not even sure why I come here anymore.
Really, the only reason I do come here is to chat with Mykal, look for Hacks playbooks, see what Dreamteams is up to, and commune with other forum members.

I purchased MaxFB on nearly Day 1, and have dedicated a lot of free time to making junk for the game, in hopes it would encourage people to buy it, and help increase their enjoyment. But at this point, im pretty much done.

David is back, sort of, getting everyone stirred up over some new football game. No way! Fix the freakin one we have all spent hard earned cash, and countless hours supporting. Why not secretly patch MaxFB 2.2.90? We all know it is a pain, it's a lot of work for little or no return....we understand. But we are left with a game that has sim league features, yet it doesnt really work. An AI that doesnt know when to call a timeout. And so on, and so on.

Word of mouth is important, I think, especially in a small niche community like ours.

Quote:
I completely agree. David abandoned this game, leaving it with a lot of problems that it seems will never be fixed. This is how he thanks his loyal customers?

Max-FB is a long running joke in some corners of the web. No matter how good this next game turns out to be, David will never win over the folks who have been mocking this game and David's actions over the past few years. Now David has ticked off a pretty good portion of his customer base too, so I'm wondering just who he thinks is going to buy his new game.

Based on the features he added that don't really work right, I'm wondering if he even has the ability to correct the problems in this game and make them right in the next one. You can't tell me anyone who bought Max-FB was able to set up a draft and make it work properly on the first try. That's bad programming on David's part.

In the next game is he going to be able to program good football sense into the AI? Will a team no longer punt the ball on 4th down when they're trailing late in the game? Will David be able to program the AI to go for the TD instead of kicking a FG late in the game when the team is down by more than 3 points? Why couldn't he figure out how to make onside kicks work? These are just a few things off the top of my head. I'm sure I could come up with a lot more if I really put some thought into it. But I won't because it just isn't worth the hassle anymore.

Maybe I'm still ticked at the way he disappeared from the board and felt he no longer needed to fix the glaring problems with the game. I could understand it if he was burned out as we were led to believe, but he just went ahead and started working on another football game. That doesn't really support the burnout excuse. Max-FB didn't sell well and I just can't see how David thinks anyone is going to buy this new game.

So since this will likely be my last post here, I just want to say good luck to any of you who stick it out and start over with the new game if/when it gets released.

And after all that, today Daivd throws forth a response:

Quote:
Greetings.

It's been a long time, but just wanted to make a really quick post.

1. I've begun the developers blog on my main web page. Please see the Development Update on the Version 3.0 section of the main page (www.maximum-football.com). This is the first of what will probably be many updates over the next months.

2. Version 3.0 is currently still multiple rules. I am adding features that improve the overall Canadian aspects of the game. Whether or not the game stays multiple rules in one package, or gets split into three distinct products has not been determined yet. Trying to make one game play three games in a balanced way has proven over the years to be an overly challenging task. Tweeking and adjusting something for one rule set, would often throw it out of whack for the others. I have to try and make the game something that can be supported.

Good business call for Daivd. Why sell one game with three rule sets when you can sell three games each with their own rule set? For the same price no doubt.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:28 PM   #6253
lungs
Pro Rookie

How can I preorder this game?
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:47 PM   #6254
Autumn
Head Coach

It was very canny of him to pick out the exact two things people were desperate to have answered by him. The forum probably went dead after that, with everybody's concerns handled so nicely.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:57 PM   #6255
Surtt
College Benchwarmer

So it isn't Version 3.0 it's 3.0 Versions.

United States Supreme Court Justice
Louis D. Brandeis
Surtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:28 PM   #6256
JPhillips
General Manager

Fuck me, I guess this means no Maximum Lacrosse.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:39 PM   #6257
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Why have just one piece of shit game when you can have three?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:59 PM   #6258
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

this fucking thread is eternal, it's never going to die at this rate!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:02 PM   #6259
stevew
Hall Of Famer

How did I forget about Great Jason white?
stevew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:04 PM   #6260
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apathetic Lurker View Post
to be fair, no one expected the train wreck that followed

No one?
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 06:43 AM   #6261
Nugget699
H.S. Freshman Team

maximumfootball

Check out that impartial review.
Nugget699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:23 AM   #6262
Tigercat
College Starter

So the game "series" developed specifically for customizable rule sets will possibly be sold in different versions with specific rule sets?

Wow. This train just doesn't want to stop crashing.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:35 AM   #6263
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget699 View Post
maximumfootball

Was that written by a retarded chimp or a 4 year old? I can't tell.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:57 AM   #6264
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Was that written by a retarded chimp or a 4 year old? I can't tell.

It's actually pretty funny if you look at it as a parody...
Old 04-03-2009, 08:02 AM   #6265
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Hell yeah, another round, bartender.. I'm getting hammered off this thread.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:30 PM   #6266
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget699 View Post
maximumfootball

Uh....nice....I think.

Quote:
Madden vs. Maximum Football

Graphics
Madden's Got Maximum on this one
but how could they not. Look at the
budgets.

Gameplay
Maximum is just better even with no
hot routes. You can play arena, college,
pro, and canada style rules.

3rd Party
The forums at Matrix Games are the best.
Talk to David Winters (Creator of Max FB)
and other modders also go to FBMAX.COM for Maximum Football
to get more updates.

Look at these pics of jerseys and stadiums from FBmax.com

Old 04-03-2009, 12:52 PM   #6267
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Oh....so this is where Pumpy got his idea for his previous FOF team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister View Post
Now this is a nice uniform. I can't wait for these mods because they even have gray faces with accentuates of the ruggedness of the pixelated man.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:49 AM   #6268
stevew
Hall Of Famer

If someone could find the Jason "GREAT WHITE" response to Isiah Thomas getting hired as the coach at FIU, that would be great. I know there has to be a rant somewhere out there on the internets.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:38 AM   #6269
ShaneTheMaster
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
If someone could find the Jason "GREAT WHITE" response to Isiah Thomas getting hired as the coach at FIU, that would be great. I know there has to be a rant somewhere out there on the internets.

I think you accidently posted in the best thread ever.
Ex-GM, Cincinatti Bengals, (Replicated NFL)
Ex-GM, Tampa Bay Surge, (WLAF)
ShaneTheMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:12 AM   #6270
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Wait...is this an in-game shot, or a graphic simulation of a summer practice fight where a helpless offensive player got double-teamed and pummeled by a couple of defenders, while most of the rest of the team stood around and watched (except for the two guys in the upper left-hand corner who were busy getting a quick blowjob in before the rest of the team turned back around)?

Seriously, I'd really like to know. Because simulated practice fights AND sex in one "money shot," if you will...fuck, I don't even NEED a beer tent now!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:21 AM   #6271
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneTheMaster View Post
I think you accidently posted in the best thread ever.

The FBAstartdate guy was a minor celeb in this thread, he was a FIU alum, I think it's only natural that he's gotta have an anti-isiah rant out there. Maximum hilarity.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:58 PM   #6272
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post

Wait...is this an in-game shot, or a graphic simulation of a summer practice fight where a helpless offensive player got double-teamed and pummeled by a couple of defenders, while most of the rest of the team stood around and watched (except for the two guys in the upper left-hand corner who were busy getting a quick blowjob in before the rest of the team turned back around)?

Seriously, I'd really like to know. Because simulated practice fights AND sex in one "money shot," if you will...fuck, I don't even NEED a beer tent now!

I'll forgive you for this, but you failed to mention the guy wretching in the top right-hand corner.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:07 PM   #6273
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
I'll forgive you for this, but you failed to mention the guy wretching in the top right-hand corner.

I was going to mention him, but I couldn't tell whether he was jacking off, farting, or wretching.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 04-16-2009, 02:10 PM   #6274
Ksyrup

The good news is, for those of you who are not interested in homosexual content, Daivd will be selling a separate heterosexual version of the game.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:19 PM   #6275
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
The good news is, for those of you who are not interested in homosexual content, Daivd will be selling a separate heterosexual version of the game.

Is there not a option for homosexual or heterosexual when you set up a league?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:22 PM   #6276
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

Oh my god i am giggling like mad over here.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 02:32 PM   #6277
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post

That's to be decided for version 3.0. More than likely, he will separate those into separate games, each costing $54.99.

So yes, bi-sexual Max-FB uses are going to get hosed!
Old 04-16-2009, 08:36 PM   #6278
ShaneTheMaster
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post

Yea, there is an option for NFL or CFL rules. Sorry, couldn't resist.
Ex-GM, Cincinatti Bengals, (Replicated NFL)
Ex-GM, Tampa Bay Surge, (WLAF)

Last edited by ShaneTheMaster : 04-16-2009 at 08:36 PM.
ShaneTheMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:48 PM   #6279
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneTheMaster View Post
Yea, there is an option for NFL or CFL rules. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Quality zinger.

RIP
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:49 PM   #6280
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Oh, yeah. In before the lock, too.

RIP
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:13 PM   #6281
Izulde
Head Coach

Just when you think this thread's done, more Maximum Hilarity ensues.

Beautiful job by Ksyrup.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:53 PM   #6282
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Thank you, I needed a good laugh.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:06 PM   #6283
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:

Taking into account that this is supposed to be a screenshot of a play, what the hell are the two blockers doing ten yards downfield from the play, after the play is over, seemingly still running hard looking for someone to block?
Old 04-16-2009, 11:41 PM   #6284
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
I'm just glad I could be a part of this thread

wow only 7 months between my posts now...thanks for bumping this again.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:10 PM   #6285
SFL Cat
College Starter

This thread ensures Maximum Football virtual immortality.

Last edited by SFL Cat : 05-12-2009 at 10:11 PM.
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:55 PM   #6286
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
* New models required new textures. I decided to make those more efficient as well. Maximum-Football versions 1 and 2 used several textures to simply create the jersey. This was not very good use of memory and made custom uniform creation difficult. Version 3.0 uses one texture for the jersey. The new helmet texturing has also allowed for more effective helmet designs.
The pieces are finally falling into place.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:56 PM   #6287
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Some folk just cain't let it go

Maximum Football 3.0?
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:59 PM   #6288
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Dola,

More misguided souls:

Trying To Come Back From The Dead...
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:20 PM   #6289
JPhillips
General Manager

Quote:
I would not use MS Access or OpenOffice because there is the danger that they will convert the database

I've never heard of a program that can't run with Access or OpenOffice installed.
Old 11-20-2009, 09:35 PM   #6290
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Maximum Fooootbaaaaalll.

BRAAAAIIINNS.....
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:37 PM   #6291
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
I couldn't agree more, if David were to get even two or three dedicated developers to help him out I think he would easily make up for the cost in sales. I know he is obsessed with the IP rights, but I think MFB could be a really great game if he would get some help.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:40 PM   #6292
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I've never heard of a program that can't run with Access or OpenOffice installed.

Dude, you can't customize maximumally with such shitty programs eating up the maximumness.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:23 PM   #6293
SunDevil
College Prospect

Quote:
I don't believe the pace for 3.0 will be quicker than it was for 2.0.

Ok so no reason to jump the gun on this. Let's all check back in three years for an update.
That's a double whammy and I hate you.
SunDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 08:18 AM   #6294
lynchjm24
College Benchwarmer

How many units of 2.0 do you think he sold. Are there 50 people who bought this thing?
lynchjm24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:58 AM   #6295
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynchjm24 View Post
How many units of 2.0 do you think he sold. Are there 50 people who bought this thing?

Im guessing somewhere between 500-1000. on a very educated guess. But im including all versions, not just 2.0

Last edited by Apathetic Lurker : 11-21-2009 at 10:58 AM.
Apathetic Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 06:27 PM   #6296
Terps
College Prospect

Bored to death at work... Re-reading through this thread helps to pass the time.
Terps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 06:56 PM   #6297
Surtt
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post

I have actually see this.
We have a lot of legacy applications that still use BDE.
Access changes some of the default windows settings (in the ODBC) when it installs.
Nasty problem it took me a long time to track down.

United States Supreme Court Justice
Louis D. Brandeis
Surtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 08:35 PM   #6298
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Party foul for not editing it to Daivd
Old 11-21-2009, 08:46 PM   #6299
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I think I just figured out how the world will end. A version of Maximum Football that is actually playable and good will be released on 12/21/2012.
Old 11-21-2009, 08:52 PM   #6300
JPhillips
General Manager

I can agree with this:

Quote:
This shows that game results in MaxFB are unpredictable, kind of like in real football.