Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-09-2011, 09:11 PM   #2301
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23 View Post
So I guess there were four police officers : (

3 police officiers, Lt. Gordon, and the Commissioner were the cops. 2 officers and Lt. Gordon down leaving an officer and apparently you as the Commish.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:11 PM   #2302
Autumn
Head Coach

Epilogue

This is Gotham Live. The main story tonight is the release of former Gotham City DA, Harvey Dent. Dent, jailed on charges of murder and racketeering during the Joker's infamous crime spree, was released after a mistrial was declared by new Gotham circuit judge, Elias Walter. New defense attorneys were able to show that Dent was arrested on false pretenses, and charges of falsifying evidence, jury tampering and more are liable to leveled on prosecutors.

The release is unfortuantely timed for Dent. Perhaps no man in Gotham history has been responsible for putting more criminals behind bars, a fact not forgotten by the inmates of Gotham County Prison. The victim of an attack by other inmates just last week, Dent was reportedly attacked in the prison laundry while on work duty, with lye, a caustic substance used in cleaning the prison uniforms. Dent is in stable condition but said to have suffered severe chemical burns on 50% of his body.

It is unknown whether Dent intends to return to his position as District Attorney upon release. Here's one Gotham resident hoping he will. We, the staff of Gotham Live, wish you a fast return to health.

"The doctor says you've healed up enough to go home, Harvey."

"And thanks to you I'm allowed to. I don't usually get along well with defense attorneys, Mike, but you have my appreciation."

"It was simple enough. Anyone could see it was a mob job."

"Anyone but anyone that mattered."

"Are you going to come back, to the DA's office?"

"What, Gotham needs me now?"

"You know they do, Harvey. More than ever."

"They locked me away, locked me up with the very murderers I saved them from. They left me to die, and I almost did. I could have kept Gotham safe. They didn't want me."

"I know, Harvey."

"No. You don't know. You can't imagine how much this hurts, Mike, the pain of having half your flesh burning away. It still burns right now. But it's nothing, nothing compared to how they betrayed me."

"I know you're angry, Harvey, but that's why we need you. There's no one better than you. You can catch the ones responsible for this."

"Who's that, Mike? Who's responsible? The mob didn't put me here. Gotham put me here. Gotham surrendered, they caved to the mob. Batman, he disappeared. Why should I go back and save them?"

"We need you, Harvey, that's why."

"Look where doing the right thing, the good thing got me, Mike. It's time to change. What do you say we leave it up to chance?"
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:12 PM   #2303
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Autumn, excellent write-ups and a fun game to follow (and for the day I was a part of it). Thanks again for another memorable game.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:12 PM   #2304
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Was the PM to Lathum summarized wrong or did the PM state 3 and there were really 4 police officers?

There are three officers, but if you look at the rules, the roles are sorted into three categories, Cops, Criminals and Citizens. the Commissioner, and Gordon, showed as Cops when investigated by Dawes.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:13 PM   #2305
J23
College Benchwarmer

Yeah, I don't think I'd have played it differently given the info that we had to work with the last day.

What was the wolves' deal with all voting Mau the first day? Did he have somewhere to be?
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:14 PM   #2306
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Was the PM to Lathum summarized wrong or did the PM state 3 and there were really 4 police officers?

yeah I knew there was the possibility of lathum quoting it wrong but really can't fault info that's right in front of me. Great game anyway J. I was not going to sway especially when the two of us came up with that theory together and if you were a wolf then i was happy to give it to you. BUt I didn't buy that. Didn't really like DVs driveby with no analysis. This is why all villagers need to be active from day 1 and take out people that are quiet and don't speak.

But at least with the mob win, there is room for a sequel.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:15 PM   #2307
J23
College Benchwarmer

Er.. was I some hidden role other than just plain Officer then?

Thomkal
Chief Rum
Mckerney
Me?
Old 06-09-2011, 09:15 PM   #2308
Autumn
Head Coach

The Village

Major Victory - removing all criminals from the game - FAILED

The Joker

Victory - forcing Batman to reveal - FAILED
Victory - convincing the village to let him kill three people - FAILED

The Mob

Victory - removing all Costumed Crazies from the game - VICTORY
Victory - achieving a 1:1 ratio with the village - VICTORY

Harvey Dent
Victory - Rachel Dawes making it to the end of the game - VICTORY
Old 06-09-2011, 09:16 PM   #2309
Autumn
Head Coach

Mobsters achieve a Major Victory.
Harvey Dent achieves a Minor Victory
Old 06-09-2011, 09:16 PM   #2310
Autumn
Head Coach

All roles are now in the credits section on the first page.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:16 PM   #2311
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

oh......:P
i wouldn't have thought that.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:17 PM   #2312
Autumn
Head Coach

I will post most of the mechanics for people if they're interested.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:18 PM   #2313
J23
College Benchwarmer

Well shoot, I guess the commish had to be around somewhere. Sonofa...
Old 06-09-2011, 09:19 PM   #2314
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

LOL bhlloy gets a victory even while dead. Happy to do it bhlloy
Old 06-09-2011, 09:20 PM   #2315
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

agreed j23 sonofa....there's no way we would have thought of that.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:20 PM   #2316
Danny
Head Coach

Good job mob, I'm glad you won and the Batman died.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:20 PM   #2317
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

but again, great game J.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:20 PM   #2318
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Danny aren't you going to sing your trademark song?
Old 06-09-2011, 09:20 PM   #2319
Autumn
Head Coach

A lot of great play all around. Certainly the wolves did some amazing work here at the end. Until then Abe was really the MVP for the village. He took care of Joker in the least amount of time possible, which really put the mob in a bind and prevented Joker from achieving any victory conditions.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:21 PM   #2320
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
LOL bhlloy gets a victory even while dead. Happy to do it bhlloy

Yeah, I was so sure you were going to be dead tonight I had the whole epilogue written up with that in mind. I guess Rachel makes it to the sequel.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:22 PM   #2321
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Old 06-09-2011, 09:23 PM   #2322
hoopsguy
General Manager

Autumn, can you lay out all the rules stuff? I'm interested in seeing all the game mechanics in one place. Us wolves had a couple of different discussions around game balance and I'm sure that we'll want to chat about this topic.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:24 PM   #2323
Thomkal
Head Coach

Autumn,

So how did the corruption mechanic work?
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:25 PM   #2324
Danny
Head Coach

SO the mobsters actually needed me out at some point. And after all I did to help you
Old 06-09-2011, 09:26 PM   #2325
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I will post most of the mechanics for people if they're interested.

Yes please.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:26 PM   #2326
Danny
Head Coach

I was not great on my wolf guesses except I have Hoops pegged since day 2. I was originally going to put Hoops and Lathum in a game but switched to Abe to help the wolves out. Ended up hurting me but proved to be big for you guys
Old 06-09-2011, 09:27 PM   #2327
Danny
Head Coach

Oh and great game Autumn! I had a lot of fun. I tried to play true to the character more so than the best strategically, but it was worth it.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:27 PM   #2328
Autumn
Head Coach

I'll put out the role posts in a minute. Corruption basically worked as a special ability of the mob. They got to pick three roles (Mayor, Judge, 3 Officers, Commissioner, Citizens). Each role produced a different effect. The ones they picked were:

Judge - with a corrupted judge, 1 out of every 4 scans would not work, would be blocked.

Officer - Each time Gordon chose to protect a player, one of the three officers would do the job. If an officer was corrupted, it would not actually protect the target on its night.

Citizen - a Corrupted citizen's vote counted for nothing on a mobster, and double on anyone else.

Once they were out of the game, the effect ended. Anyone not corrupted basically meant that their aspect of the game worked normally.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:28 PM   #2329
dzilla77
High School Varsity

Great game Autumn. Wished I would have survived longer.
dzilla77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:32 PM   #2330
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
ou are the Batman, Gotham's dark knight. You are a citizen of Gotham, but one with special abilities.

Please note that your abilities will be changed, for the most part removed, if you reveal that you are Batman in the game thread. It does not matter if people guess that you're Batman, that you hint that you may have a role. But if you state that you are Batman in the thread, your abilities will change.

You count as two villagers for purposes of victory conditions (but not for voting purposes). You cannot be night killed unless you have revealed your identity as Batman. However, night kill attempts may have an effect on you. You may not be lynched unless you have revealed your identity as Batman. If you are lynched you will escape with the "help" of Batman, but it will not be stated by me that you are Batman.

Every night you have the option of using a special ability: Investigate, Intimidate or Protect. If you choose to intimidate another player they will not be able to use a night action that same night. If you choose to protect another player they will be safeguarded from night kills for that night, and you will take their place. You may not guard yourself. You may guard the same player more than one night in a row.

If you choose to investigate a player, you will determine whether they were guilty of any murders that have happened in the game so far. In others words, after night 1, if there was a night kill, on night 2 you could investigate a player and find out whether or not they carried out the night kill on the first night.

If you reveal your identity you will no longer be able to take night actions.

Later, once the Joker was revealed:

Quote:
The Joker is a menace that Gotham is not prepared to handle. He's a job for the Batman.

If you reveal your identity you will lose your abilities as mentioned in your original PM. You will become vulnerable to lynch and nightkill, you will have no night abilities. However, if you do so, the village will be able to lynch The Joker.

However, you gain a new ability now that the Joker is in the game. Each night you can choose to investigate the Joker, to attempt to find a way to stop him. If you investigate him for three nights you will likely find a way to capture The Joker. This takes the place of your other night actions.

And then once he made a public threat, I can't find the PM, but at that point Batman gained a day action he could take to Foil the Joker's threat. If he did so, it would be foiled at the last moment and no one would die, but Batman would not be able to take a night action that night.

Once Joker was eliminated, Batman could be lynched and night killed, though he took two kills.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:33 PM   #2331
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
You are the Joker. Ooh hoo hoo, what fun we'll have. The mob wants you to get rid of the Batman. Not a bad project, really. But you're your own man. You don't with with them, you don't win with the citizens, you have your own aims.

You cannot be lynched. Or more correctly, you would love to be lynched. If you are lynched, you will escape, and reveal yourself to the good people of Gotham City. Your identity will be revealed, as will the fact that you cannot be lynched. You are free, and encouraged, to post in thread free from the bonds of deceit and civilized behavior.

Perfectly safe you'll be, because you can't be lynched. Not unless Batman reveals himself. If Batman reveals his identity in the thread, your protection will be lost and you will be lynchable. However, if Batman reveals himself, you've won. A minor victory, that is. One of your victory conditions is getting Batman to reveal himself, because you know that once he does, he's vulnerable. Batman will be able to be lynched or night killed once he takes off that mask and shows us all his face. A fair trade you figure, you for him, him for you.

It's not all about Batman though. You have other tricks up your sleeve. Once you are lynched and revealed to all, you can begin your reign of terror in Gotham City. Each day you will be able to make a public threat, chosen from a list you will be given. The threat you pick will give options to the village. If they cede to your demands, hey good for them, you make them dance to your puppet strings and move one step closer to victory. If they don't, well at least you get to kill someone. If the village submits to three of your demands you achieve a minor victory. If you achieve both of your victory conditions (3 threats acted on, and Batman reveals himself) you have achieved a Major Victory. Ooh how sweet.

And then once the Joker was lynched:

Quote:
Now that you are publicly revealed, you get to start to play.

Each day you may choose one public threat. I will post the threat's terms, and then you are free to expound on them during the day in thread, lie, cheat, steal, etc.

The threats you may choose from currently are:

-The Joker insists on a lynch victim. If that player is not the winning vote getter that day, The Joker gets to kill a random player.

-The Joker gives the village the choice of two players. The one the village chooses (by majority vote) will be killed. If the village refuses to vote for one, The Joker gets to kill a random player.

-The Joker insists that someone reveal their role. If no one reveals their actual role, the Joker gets to kill a random player.

If you can get your choice to me before midnight, that's good. You must choose a different threat each day.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:34 PM   #2332
Danny
Head Coach

Ah so even if I didn't pick Batman he would have been able to find me. I had the most fun character to play, but also near impossible win conditions lol
Old 06-09-2011, 09:34 PM   #2333
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
You are Sal Maroni, head of an organized crime family in Gotham. As part of your stranglehold on Gotham, you get to choose one member of Gotham City to be corrupted. You are not aware of the exact effect of corrupting a particular player, but each will provide some benefit to the mob if corrupted. Your choices are the Mayor, the Judge, the Police Commissioner, a Police Officer or an ordinary citizen. You may talk it over with your fellow wolves before deciding, but your choice is due by 10 a.m. Wednesday morning. Your fellow wolves are .

Each night the mob may choose one of its members (excluding Lau) to make a night kill. Specify a target, and a mobster to carry out the hit, before the night deadline at 11 p.m.

You are aware of the presence of a character calling himself The Joker in town. Nobody wants to work with this looney, but you know he may be your only chance to get rid of the Batman.

And you need to get rid of the Batman. Your victory conditions are: achieving a 1:1 ration of Mobsters to Citizens; getting rid of Batman and The Joker. If you achieve one of these conditions you will achieve a Minor Victory. If you achieve both you will have a Major Victory.

Mauboy1, Hoopsguy, Tyrith and Darth Vilus, you are the mob.

And for Lau:

Quote:
You are Lau, you are the money and the legitimate face for crime in Gotham City. You do not participate in the corruption of Gotham City. You also are not able to make any night kills for the mob. It's just not your style. However you are a cunning wolf, because of your distance from the dirty deeds of the mob you can't be caught as a criminal by any investigations.

If Lau had been the only criminal remaining he would have gained a night kill ability. His lack of kills was mostly to make sure he was cunning to Batman's investigation ability.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:35 PM   #2334
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Ah so even if I didn't pick Batman he would have been able to find me. I had the most fun character to play, but also near impossible win conditions lol

Well, you came very close to a minor victory. And really your difficulty was because Abe played it so bad ass. I 99% expected whoever had Batman to balk at letting people die every day when he had the ability to stop you. Abe just gritted his teeth and investigated you every night. Gordon should be pissed at the man.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:36 PM   #2335
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
You are Lieutenant Gordon. You are the leader of a special task unit organized to keep Gotham safe from organized crime. As such you can direct your officers each night to protect one player. If that player is attacked during the night your officers will fend off the attacker.

That is, if they haven't been bought. You have three officers on your squad. You do not know if any of them have been corrupted, but if they have they will not truly guard your target. You rotate through all three officers every three nights but will not know which order they are on duty. If a corrupted officer is on guard during a night kill attempt, the night kill will go through.

Gordon would become the new commissioner if the commissioner died, which would let him know how many corrupted officers he had.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:36 PM   #2336
Autumn
Head Coach

Your seer

Quote:
You are Rachel Dawes, assistant district attorney. You are the best Gotham has at finding dirt on the mobsters that rule the city. Each night you may choose a player to investigate. You will discover whether that player is a Cop, Citizen or Criminal. You will not discover whether that player has been corrupted.

In addition, because of your intimate connection with Harvey Dent, you are aware of his identity. Harvey Dent is Bhlloy.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:38 PM   #2337
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
You are Harvey Dent, Gotham's district attorney. You are responsible for putting the criminals of Gotham behind bars. As such, your lynch vote counts as two votes. In addition, because of your intimate connection with Rachel Dawes, you are aware of her identity. You would do anything to protect her. While you side with the village, your additional victory condition is that you only win if Rachel makes it to the end of the game.

Now you guys nearly ruined my fun by lynching Harvey. Harvey's additional rules were that if Rachel died or was lynched, he became Two Face. He would become a Criminal, but neutral to the Mob, was Joker was. He would retain his double vote but gain an ability to scan for a role every night. Two Face's new victory conditions were to remove all named roles, not including the Joker, from the game, both good and bad. If the mob, excluding Lau, was eliminated he got a night kill. He was also a brutal lynch.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:38 PM   #2338
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Well, you came very close to a minor victory. And really your difficulty was because Abe played it so bad ass. I 99% expected whoever had Batman to balk at letting people die every day when he had the ability to stop you. Abe just gritted his teeth and investigated you every night. Gordon should be pissed at the man.

So I really helped the mob win by taking up Batman's night actions as well
Old 06-09-2011, 09:41 PM   #2339
Autumn
Head Coach

I originally had Batman much more impossible to kill, wanting it to be a game where if the Joker didn't take out Batman, the mob just had to find a way to win with him in the game. I backed off on that, and I know the Mob still felt he was very powerful, but they did end up killing him and winning the game, so maybe i was right originally.

I expected Joker to last longer and therefore Batman to be tied up for longer. I think if I were to make a change it might be to tie Joker into the mob a bit tighter, at least in the village's minds. And then also to perhaps have an in game effect for each time the village played his game. I would also have diversified his threats a bit more. One he never unlocked since he was lynched so quick was that if he was targeted by the mob he learned the killesr ID. He could then offer to tell it to the village for a kill.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:41 PM   #2340
Tyrith
College Starter

Honestly, this is the best game of WW I've ever played, from an introspective point of view.

For this last day, I was just really glad mckerney mentioned the whole brutal thing during day 7. I was pretty ready to concede with a half-victory for getting rid of Batman. After that, I just decided to act as bold as possible and see if you guys would call my bluff. Honestly, I think you made the right play in a vacuum.

Mauboy on day 1 was mostly just due to lack of better alternatives. I put a pretty clear list of names out fairly early in the day that I didn't think I could safely get away from, and after mauboy started taking on water, it seemed, to me at least, a forgone conclusion he was going to die at some point in the first couple of days. I put a vote on him that earned me a ton of mileage for the rest of the game.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:42 PM   #2341
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
So I really helped the mob win by taking up Batman's night actions as well

Yes, for sure, but that was the design. You two were supposed to cancel each other out as long as you were in game, pretty much.

I thought you did a great job, Danny, and helped replicate the tension I wanted from the movies. People felt like they had to go along with your game, but you were distracting them from their real problem. Batman had to choose between keeping them safe and dealing with you.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:43 PM   #2342
Autumn
Head Coach

Tyrith you guys really saved your bacon by going after Batman last night instead of Dawes. If you had taken out Dawes, Darth wouldn't have been scanned and I think you guys were up 1-2. I know you did it more out of desperation, but it was the best move, knowing as I did who CF was scanning.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:44 PM   #2343
Autumn
Head Coach

Let me know if there were more questions. I know there were rules that weren't in writeups probably, but I'm too tired to think of them.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:50 PM   #2344
Tyrith
College Starter

JAG, can you let me into the spectator thread you when you get the chance?
Old 06-09-2011, 09:53 PM   #2345
hoopsguy
General Manager

So from where mobsters sat, we had 4 guys and had to work through 2 bodyguards, a seer, and a wildcard that could kill us. We didn't have a brutal wolf and our cunning couldn't night kill. It felt very, very uphill when Batman got that block.

I had planned to lose the showdown against whoever was Rachel Dawes, with the idea of clearing DV in the process and buying Tyrith mucho street cred for his staunch opposition of me. Then Dawes was supposed to be night-killed without clearing another person, allowing us to have our semi-cleared mobsters piggy-back on Abe + J23 to the win - figuring Bug or mckerney would die.

Instead, Tyrith/DV were stuck facing another cleared guy (mckerney) on top of not getting a night kill. Thinking that if Tyrith died that the night kill was going away, and knowing that DV was going to scan as a villager and thus increase pressure on Tyrith. Tough, tough spot. I'm so happy and proud of them for finding a way to finish it off.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:55 PM   #2346
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Tyrith you guys really saved your bacon by going after Batman last night instead of Dawes. If you had taken out Dawes, Darth wouldn't have been scanned and I think you guys were up 1-2. I know you did it more out of desperation, but it was the best move, knowing as I did who CF was scanning.

Yeah, our original plan was to leave Batman until the game was to 2-2. Then I was going to stick a vote in the second you announced the previous night's results, kill the last villager, and then we'd win by default. With us getting a kill blocked, it seemed worth it to go take half a victory at least - it was clear from the PM that one more whack, gunshot wound, flaming house, etc would finish him.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:56 PM   #2347
Danny
Head Coach

So actually I am only in arkam and am free to torment without Batman once I am released or escape.
Old 06-09-2011, 09:57 PM   #2348
hoopsguy
General Manager

Autumn, do you have the info to post a night actions recap?

N1 - villagers kill JAG
N1 - seer doesn't scan
N1 - Abe does something
N1 - bodyguard on someone else

N2 - villager kill Narcizo

etc, etc
Old 06-09-2011, 09:57 PM   #2349
Autumn
Head Coach

Yeah, and you guys didn't realize that Batman counted as 2 villagers, so you were going to be in for a shock if you got to endgame with him still in the game. I was waiting for that fit. But I'll say Batman's worth any two of you any day ;-)
Old 06-09-2011, 09:58 PM   #2350
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
So actually I am only in arkam and am free to torment without Batman once I am released or escape.

Eh, we'll only let you out if you're willing to have us sedate you and ship you someplace else. Don't care if you drive people insane, we just don't want it to be us anymore.