Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-29-2015, 06:04 PM   #1
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Seriously Best Buy/UPS?

I thought we had a thread complaining about them already but my searching skills aren't paying off.

I place an order this morning and have it shipped. It is ready to be sent (but not yet sent) so I look up the tracking numbers and I see three different numbers. The first I look at and everything looks fine. The second two are both shipped to an address from 4 years ago!!! What?!?!?

When I call them up the wonderful customer service is: "Do you know the people that live there now? You could pick it up from them."

No I don't know the people that live there now. What kind of support is this?

When I entered the order I had to change the address from my old to my new address and there was a box that I would have needed to check if I wished to ship to a different location than the billing address. I knew about that box because I had a typo initially in the address and it wouldn't let me continue. WTF?!?!?

Last edited by EagleFan : 07-31-2015 at 03:02 PM.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 06:13 PM   #2
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

If it has tracking there is no reason why they can't just call the company and have it diverted. If they sent USPS that could complicate things, but at the very least they should be able to get it sent back to them in that case.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 06:19 PM   #3
bhlloy
Coordinator

I had exactly the same issue with ATT a few years back (it's probably documented on this board somehow), they had brilliantly sent one $400 iphone to my current address and one to my old address.

They were completely unhelpful and unable to change it, UPS said they would change it and then didn't (because only the sending company could change the address) and in the end I had to work from home and watch for it to be delivered, drive over there and hope it was still on the doorstep of my old apartment. Hopefully that's an option for you.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 09:39 PM   #4
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Luckily there is one person left over there that we know; most everyone has moved out. Talked to her and she spoke to the people that live there now. They will keep an eye out and give it to her; I'll pick it up from her (or my wife will).

I will try again with Best Buy in the morning to see if it can be diverted. That would be optimal.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:41 PM   #5
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I had exactly the same issue with ATT a few years back (it's probably documented on this board somehow),

I thought I remembered this, couldn't remember what company it was (or the exact poster it was). Tried finding the thread, was just going to bump that one but had no luck finding it.
Old 07-29-2015, 09:45 PM   #6
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Luckily it sounds like the people that live there would never let their kids have what I bought (an X-Box One). They don't even have a television and don't allow their kids to play with other kids in the neighborhood.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:54 PM   #7
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

I had a very similar issue with them about a year ago.

I ordered a product that originally had a ship date of sometime in like... May. Then it was delayed repeatedly, long enough that I no longer lived there by the time it was going to ship (lease was ending and i moved).

I went to a store in person to rectify the issue, the guy got on the phone with their online people and claimed to have had them change the shipping address (I heard HIS end of the call, so it seemed legit).

Naturally, the order was sent to the old address. When i complained about it, they said it was a glitch and the order had actually not shipped at all. They said the product was sold out and refunded my money.

What was odd is that it actually DID ship, but to the old address. I was able to pick it up as it had been left at the door right around the time I get off of work. I was able to swing by, take what was rightfully mine, and head home without incident.

So the item shipped months late, to the wrong address, and they didnt even end up charging me for it. They'll be out of business in 5 years.

Last edited by cthomer5000 : 07-29-2015 at 10:55 PM.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 11:08 PM   #8
RainMaker
General Manager

Best Buy's website is a disaster. As cthomer5000 says, they'll be out of business in 5 years. I'm sure they'll blame the internet and sales tax and whatever bad executives from poorly run businesses scapegoat these days.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 11:58 PM   #9
Dutch
"Dutch"

We'll just have to circle our wagons around Walmart.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 08:41 PM   #10
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

If they are still giving you a hard time you could always file a credit card charge back and/or dispute the charge. You could even use it as leverage to get a refund or to motivate them to change the address. You said the new resident of the your old home seem to be willing to work with you. I don't trust random people enough for that to work for me though. As a guy who has in the past sent (what qualified for me) as high volume mail, I know this would take roughly 5 minutes of their time.

Last edited by dubb93 : 07-30-2015 at 09:02 PM.
Old 07-30-2015, 08:51 PM   #11
Groundhog
Coordinator

I think I probably agree with the 'dead in 5 years' comments. Every time I go to the States I end up going to random Best Buy stores. This past May the feeling I got in both stores I went to was one of slow decay. 80% of the store old/unpopular stock and things that don't sell, lack of shoppers, dusty displays, and probably most importantly unenthusiastic and unhelpful staff.

We had a chain of stores in Australia that was our version of 'Best Buy' the 90s, and I got the same sense of decay from them before they were swept away by the current major electronics retailer (a brand that doesn't even pretend to NOT be a rip off of Best Buy, right down to the logo). The former champ retailer still lingers on with a much reduced number of stores selling printers, home phones, and white goods, but are just a whisper of what they were.
Old 07-30-2015, 08:52 PM   #12
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Dumb question, and it's probably not true, but if they drop a package off at your house do you have a legal obligation to return it?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 07:32 AM   #13
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Wasn't online much yesterday but did talk to Best Buy again in the morning. They have changed the ship to address but I haven't told the ex-neighbor just in case they screwed up and ended up changing the one package that was originally being shipped correctly.

The UPS site says it is being delivered today but they didn't update the address there so I am not overly confident.
Old 07-31-2015, 08:00 AM   #14
bob
College Starter

I was sorta on the flip side of this situation about 2 months after we moved into our house. We received a package from LL Bean at our address but addressed to someone else (not the previous home owner). I called LL Bean to find out what to do with it, as we didn't know all the neighbor's names yet so I didn't know who it belonged to. LL Bean basically accused us of trying to steal the package (right, that's why I called) when all I was trying to do was find out what to do with it.

They did eventually track down the real owners after about a week. When I walked the package over, they too acted like I was trying to steal their package. WTF? At this point, I kinda wish I did just keep it. Assholes.

In short, companies and people suck.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 08:05 AM   #15
QuikSand
lolzcat

Seriously, Best Buy?
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 10:33 AM   #16
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
The former champ retailer still lingers on with a much reduced number of stores selling printers, home phones, and white goods, but are just a whisper of what they were.

They call that Radio Shack here.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 10:51 AM   #17
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Seriously, Best Buy?
This is like me complaining about my meal at Sbarros.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 01:39 PM   #18
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I would actually be less upset if the ENTIRE order was sent to the wrong place. What got me was that package one was being sent to the right place, packages 2 and 3 wrong place.

Waiting to see if UPS shows up and has the correct order.
Old 07-31-2015, 01:45 PM   #19
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
I was sorta on the flip side of this situation about 2 months after we moved into our house. We received a package from LL Bean at our address but addressed to someone else (not the previous home owner). I called LL Bean to find out what to do with it, as we didn't know all the neighbor's names yet so I didn't know who it belonged to. LL Bean basically accused us of trying to steal the package (right, that's why I called) when all I was trying to do was find out what to do with it.

They did eventually track down the real owners after about a week. When I walked the package over, they too acted like I was trying to steal their package. WTF? At this point, I kinda wish I did just keep it. Assholes.

In short, companies and people suck.

Had that happen at a previous address but it looked like something official based on the sender (looked like potentially state pension). I called to let them know that something wasn't sent correctly, hoping that information could potentially help the person who was supposed to receive it. Was treated like I stole it, was told that I could be arrested. Arrested? I didn't go into someone's mail box. It had my mailing address and showed up in my mail box. What exactly were the charges going to be? I guess with it being a state agency they thought everyone else was a crook like them.
Old 07-31-2015, 02:47 PM   #20
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

This gets better. UPS claims to have delivered it. It's not here and it's not at my other address. I called UPS and they claim to have delivered it to my current address and left it with "the man at address". Well, that wasn't me and it wasn't this address. Checked with my old neighbor and nothing over there.

This just keeps getting better...
Old 07-31-2015, 03:47 PM   #21
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
This gets better. UPS claims to have delivered it. It's not here and it's not at my other address. I called UPS and they claim to have delivered it to my current address and left it with "the man at address". Well, that wasn't me and it wasn't this address. Checked with my old neighbor and nothing over there.

This just keeps getting better...

Awesome. Some random dude that was walking in front of your house just got a new Xbox.
Old 07-31-2015, 04:01 PM   #22
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
This is like me complaining about my meal at Sbarros.

Seriously Pep Boys
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote