Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-26-2024, 11:18 AM   #10051
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
Honestly, the whole CM Punk thing needs to never
be talked about again, but Jack Perry has been gold since his return.

The highlight of that entire segment was the look Perry gave the hard cam while hugging TK. Picture perfect.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 12:50 PM   #10052
Mota
College Benchwarmer

The faces, 100%! The face he gave when they unmasked him was also brilliant.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2024, 07:28 AM   #10053
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

My 8 and 5 year olds think that Nick Aldis should be fired for taking Carmelo Hayes over The Bloodline, Seth Rollins, Randy Orton, and AJ Styles among others.

Got to love WWE draft logic.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2024, 09:33 PM   #10054
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

I don't know if this should go in the NFL Draft thread or this one, but I will say that seeing Tony Khan with a Bobby Heenan Era neck brace during the draft telecast legit made me laugh out loud. TK, Kayfabe King.
Old 04-28-2024, 06:05 AM   #10055
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Had a close last call night at an independent wrestling show. We were sitting front row and a wrestler was outside the ring in front of us when another wrestler took off and did a running dive on him from the ring.

The problem became the guy on the outside didn’t catch the guy jumping, I did from my seat in the front row and the large man on the outside (300lb+) fell into my 5 year olds legs.

My 5 year old is fine just has a bruise on his foot but the big guy who was playing the face didn’t even check in him. The guy playing the heel immediately got up and hurried to the kid and made sure he was OK before he went back into character.

Last edited by dubb93 : 04-28-2024 at 06:15 AM.
Old 04-28-2024, 12:26 PM   #10056
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Had a close last call night at an independent wrestling show. We were sitting front row and a wrestler was outside the ring in front of us when another wrestler took off and did a running dive on him from the ring.

The problem became the guy on the outside didn’t catch the guy jumping, I did from my seat in the front row and the large man on the outside (300lb+) fell into my 5 year olds legs.

My 5 year old is fine just has a bruise on his foot but the big guy who was playing the face didn’t even check in him. The guy playing the heel immediately got up and hurried to the kid and made sure he was OK before he went back into character.

They really need to be careful when going into the crowd. It happened to me, about 14 years ago at an ROH show. Austin Aries against Kenny Omega. We were in the 2nd row, and 2 douchebags had taunted Austin Aries at previous shows. Omega ended up reversing an Aries charge outside the ring, sending Aries into the crowd, which was specifically designed to take out the 2 a-holes in front of us. But they carried him over like a wave, and Aries landed right on the chair where my 6 year old son was sitting. Thankfully I had seen this happening in real time and grabbed him and pulled him out of the way. It would have been an injury for sure, Aries hit the chair pretty damn hard, he was swearing.

One of the funniest ones was at Smash Wrestling probably in 2016. This guy called Muscle dove out of the ring, and with his momentum he accidentally clipped a 70 year old man who was nicknamed Santa because he looked like Santa Claus. The guy's chair just tipped back and he started to do this slow motion fall back, Santa was definitely going to get hurt. I'm a row back and I start pushing on the guy's chair to make it stop going back, Muscle pulls it from the other side to save the guy, and he ends up staying sitting and not falling down. During the intermission I bumped into Muscle and he thanked me for saving Santa, we had a good laugh. Christmas was saved.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 01:05 PM   #10057
Jon
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
They really need to be careful when going into the crowd. It happened to me, about 14 years ago at an ROH show. Austin Aries against Kenny Omega. We were in the 2nd row, and 2 douchebags had taunted Austin Aries at previous shows. Omega ended up reversing an Aries charge outside the ring, sending Aries into the crowd, which was specifically designed to take out the 2 a-holes in front of us. But they carried him over like a wave, and Aries landed right on the chair where my 6 year old son was sitting. Thankfully I had seen this happening in real time and grabbed him and pulled him out of the way. It would have been an injury for sure, Aries hit the chair pretty damn hard, he was swearing.

One of the funniest ones was at Smash Wrestling probably in 2016. This guy called Muscle dove out of the ring, and with his momentum he accidentally clipped a 70 year old man who was nicknamed Santa because he looked like Santa Claus. The guy's chair just tipped back and he started to do this slow motion fall back, Santa was definitely going to get hurt. I'm a row back and I start pushing on the guy's chair to make it stop going back, Muscle pulls it from the other side to save the guy, and he ends up staying sitting and not falling down. During the intermission I bumped into Muscle and he thanked me for saving Santa, we had a good laugh. Christmas was saved.

The local promotion here does a lot of diving into the crowd. Fortunately, though, they limit it to specific areas and the staff is quick to move people out of the way.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 08:21 PM   #10058
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

It’s just annoying because I’ve put enough thought into it to realize that 90+% of jumps(in this promotion) happen to the hard camera side so we do not sit there and this jump was to the opposite side. Now I’m questioning where we should sit at this show period that we attend monthly.
Old 04-29-2024, 12:40 PM   #10059
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
It’s just annoying because I’ve put enough thought into it to realize that 90+% of jumps(in this promotion) happen to the hard camera side so we do not sit there and this jump was to the opposite side. Now I’m questioning where we should sit at this show period that we attend monthly.
How about 10 rows further back
Old 04-29-2024, 01:18 PM   #10060
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
How about 10 rows further back

I get it, but it would just be a totally different experience and also the kids wouldn't be able to see as all the seats are on "the floor."
Old 04-29-2024, 01:28 PM   #10061
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

As a veteran of countless indy shows, small enough to have no barricade/minimal barricades, I honestly don't know that there's THAT much thought put into where spots like that happen.

Obviously if there's a safety issue for them in one direction versus another then probably, but thinking back to the promotions I've visited that did spots like that fairly frequently the primary thought process (if one existed) was probably "where are the smarts sitting". There was a tendency to work toward/into sections where they knew they were least likely to encounter an issue but other than that it feels like maybe you're giving a little too much credit for forethought on their part.

FWIW.