OG
OT?
DE
DT?
ILB?
OLB?
CB
S

Looking for starters at CB, S, DE, OG, and WR at least. We are pursuing 15. I have 17 scholarships so we’ll be good to go. Once again I’ll have a scholarship to spare.

We have five players that idolize us in the metro area across Delaware, New Jersey, Maryland and Virginia. Two of them are Top 1000 players at RB and OG.

Actually, I visit the RB, like him, and make an offer:

59++ as a backup? That’s not bad. 503 is middle of the pack, the 44th best RB coming in as our backup, with a 3.13 GPA and 1290 test score also isn’t bad. This is the first Del State mega-fan we’ve made an offer to. Hopefully the first of many!

I make an offer to a stud CB next to me in MD: 100-, who wants academics and distance and is just 70 miles away and we have a teammate on our roster. It’s OG Van Buchanon. There’s another great, great one in New York too as a backup, but for now, I like the first one. I make my normal sets of calls.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent

Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 01:14 AM   #52
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 2 – I visit the two highest rated DEs in the country in NY. I make an offer to the best. I also make a NY OG offer. I reach out to a number of folks, and have made offers to 5. Oh, and Kendall Cruise is visiting us!

Ready for the biggest regular season game in Del State history?

We do very well for ourselves. DT Robinson is out for a month and Weis will start for him

RB Sughroue was 19 for 79 and 1 score, Miller rushed for another score. Miller was 15 of 26 for 235 and 2:1. Collier and Price with scores. S Marshall Faulk, in his debut start, was MOM and NCAA Defensive Player of the Week with three picks, one a pick six. Andersen a pick as well, and Tims with 2 sacks.

I was hoping Miller was past this stage. The rushing score got him to 3 of our 4 scores, so that’s fine. I just need him to get past this 15, 26, 235 yards stuff. Maybe he’ll relax soon.

Week 3 – I open with offers to RB, OC, DE, WR, and CB. I try but fail to track down some OGs this week, so I call some for next.

Since I showed you last year, here I’ll show you this. This is 100- Konishi. You can see how our academics is better than Purdue and LSU, and our distance is similarly good. Prestige is not currently in the conversation.

Here’s Coggan. As you can see, Georgia is better on both, and assuming they don’t pull off, I’d put us at a distant #2. I stay on Coggan and then make an offer for another DE in PA I just visited as the one I expect to bring in, with Coggan as my extra scholarship for now. I make offers to QB, TE, TE,

Old 11-27-2019, 06:20 PM   #53
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 3 – We host and narrowly lose to UNC 38-41. They shut down our running game hard, and then Miller was 17 of 32, 366 and 3:2, hitting Collier for 8, 161 yards and 1 score and grim 4 for 112 yards and Sutter and Riddols for scores. Picks by Andersen and Finley, Andersen’s was a pick six.

WR Berry is out for the season. A backup CB is out for a month. I move my best RB in receiving, Etzinger, to my 5th spot in the rotation, and move S Worsham over to the backup CB role.

Week 4 – I have two people visiting me, a backup TE and my RB who loves us. This week is about heading to Florida. I set it up by calling some options at various spots. I find and make offers to a stud DT, OG, and backup OT here. I make an offer to a stud ILB out in DC. The only spots I need I have not made an offer to are WR backup, OLB, OS.

QB?, RB?, TEx2??, WRx2 (One starter, one backup), OC, OG, OT?, DE, DT?, ILB?, OLB?, CB, S. Looking for starters at CB, S, DE, OG, and WR at least.

Week 5 –

This top 100 recruit from DC is visiting us. We are the only ones to have made an offer. Frankly, I’d consider sliding to 3-4 if he came in good enough. We are the only ones to have offered him. We rated him as 78++. Actually, now that I think about it, that might make sense. I always seems to bring in great DE and LBs but have difficulty at the DT spot.

I head up to RI and find an OLB there I like and I make him an offer. I find and make an offer to a backup S. I make an offer to a backup WR.

Now I check my offers. Anyone out there I want to help defend? Anyone about to head elsewhere?

Yes, I pull off my OC. I swing by Maine and find a good OC here and make him an offer. I pull off DE Coggan who is visiting Notre Dame, USC, etc.

I make a random offer to a Top 100 OT from Montana.

We host and thump Georgetown 44-7. They stuff the running game. Miller went 18 of 26 for 280 and 5:0. They pulled him in the 4th for backup Lose to give him some series. Sutter 2, Collier 1, Riddols 1, Price 1. Catch scores. 2 sacks by Tims, 2.5 by Reser. No picks, or fumble recovers.

Old 11-27-2019, 08:08 PM   #54
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 6 – RB Bruce comes to Del State! That’s our first addition who idolizes our school. I have 7 visiting us – S, Ot, C, DE, WR, TE, ILB. (Not the stud OT we randomly offered from Montana). U check o see if I have any major competition for folks like my strong OG, WR, CB. Nope, Nope, and….Yup. Sad. I head out to Tennessee to check out a powerful backup Cb but he’s awful. I wow. I unearth this STUD OLB in Kentucky I swing by while in the area. But the dude has 2.5 and 900 test score. He’d be the greenest green. I take a look at my OLB squad. Is this a transformative Grogan level talent? I make him an offer. For a 95+, I’ll make an offer.

I had pulled my extra DE offer, so we could bring in two OLBs if I wanted to, especially if I decided to move to 3-4 with the other top flight ILB coming in.

Back to CB. And Kentucky. I leave the southeast after checking on some CBs in the Carolinas and finish in Michigan. I find my top choice, make an offer, and while here have enough for another visit. I visit nd find a strong backup DT in case my top choice falls through.

We head to and crush San Diego 45-7. Sughroue in his groove again with 27 for 118 and 2 scores. Miller 20 of 29, 358, 3:0. Sutter, 8 for 183, 1 score. Scores to Riddols and Collier. No turnovers, 2 sacks by Tims.

Week 7 – We bring in a TE but lost my top Safety choice. Still have 5 visiting. I look for another S. Konishi at CB is out. I head down to Georgia and check out a good looking Safety and make an offer to him. I check out another DE and a few others in the deep south but find no overpicked bones.

I pull off our stud OT, as he is visiting much better folks. Anyone else on the Top 100? Maybe. I make an offer to a Top 100 OT out in Illinois, and he wants academics first, and we are the best. Then he wants prestige, which we aren’t. My guess is that he’ll at least visit us.

We host and defeat Morgan State 34-21. Sughroue was 27 for 170 and a rush TD. Miller 24 of 37, 345, 3:2. He hit Sutter 9, 138 yards, 1 score; Collier 8, 124 yards, 1 score; Riddols for the other score. 2 sacks by Tims, pick by Anderson. We had 3 FF and 2 fumrec, two recorved by Reser.

Week 8 – We bring in a OC. All but one are visiting us. I swing over to Chicago to check out our top 100 and he’s 100-.

Here, let me show you. See how he’s going to Illinois, UNI, Syracuse and Tech? Of those, we are, barely, better than Illinois. We are also the 2nd best in prestige. To my mind, that makes us a big player for Williamson. I check out a bunch of Illinois and Indiana folks and then try to hold my serve.

We head to Liberty and we have an ugly, ugly 17-10 win. But any win is a win. Sughroue was 26 of 109. Miller, 10 of 33 for 184 and 2:3. Collier and Grim with scores. Pick by Grillot, FF by Faulk, recovery by Riley.

Old 11-28-2019, 09:39 AM   #55
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 9 – We bring in three players. Stud DT, my backup OLB from RI, and….

Williamson!

Yeah, I felt that was likely to happen given how well he matched up.

No losses. I pull my offer from Long in Florida, we don’t need two OTs. I have five, and none are leaving this year. We have 6 and I have offers to 10.

Anyone I think may head elsewhere?

My QB has many folks he is visiting that line up better. I pull off him. I swing by a few Qbs and find one we like and make an offer.

We head to and blank ODU. 35-0. Sughroue was 20 of 89 and 2 scores. Miller had 19 of 25 for 329 and 3:1. He his Collier 7 for 176 and 1 score; Sutter and Sugs for the other scores. We pulled him in the 4th to give Lowe some series. Pick by Faulk. One of our backup walk ons is out of the year with an injury.

Week 10 – We bring in five players – The QB I offered last week, TE, WR, ILB, OS. We have brought in 11 and have 5 outstanding. I have left a OLB, OG, WR, DE, and CB. The WR we brought in was our major target, we have left a backup. Of the four I care about, I think we are still in the running for OG Heath. He wanted prestige and distance. We are the closest after Central Florida, and they have a horrible prestige, so we are better than them. DE Maddox wants distance and academics. We are fewer than 100 miles away. We look to have the inside track there. OLB Newsome wants prestige a lot and distance. We are the most prestigious. CB Ogden wants academics and distance. Their only academics better than us is also the farthest away by a lot (Oregon) and less prestigious than us. I could see us bringing in them all. I make calls and try to hold my serve.

We host and crush New Mexico 48-3. We have 4 rush scores for Sugs, Sugs, Etzinger and Miller. Miller tossed 14 of 18 for 231 and 2:0, and again, was pulled in the 4th for Lowe. Sutter 5 for 131 1 score, Collier the other score. 2 sacks by Ezkanski, Manahan with a pick.

We lost a player – ILB Riley is out for the season. He was starting in the middle. Rayburn starts for him the rest of the year.

We are now ranked 13th in polls.

Week 11 – We host the 6 win Towson team and thump them 54-24. Sughroue was 23 for 188 ad 2 scores. Miller was 25 of 38, 354, 4:0 and rushed for a score. Sutter 8 for 114 1 score. Price, Riddols, and Sugs with TDs too. 2 picks by Faulk.

We rise to 11.

Old 11-28-2019, 11:22 AM   #56
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 12 – Everyone but CB joins us. That CB is still outstanding. This may be my best class of the season, because unlike the others, I haven’t had to do any last minute scrambling, and I have 3 Top 100s.

We head to, and defeat, Howard 35-10. Sugs was 29 of 105 and 1 score. Miller 24 of 38, 375, 3:2, hitting Collier 9 for 125 1 score, Siddols and Sutter the other scores. 2 sacks by Reser, pick by Freeman.

Week 13 – Our CB commits. We have risen to 8 in the computer rankings. That means, if we win today and do so well, we may have a shot at a top bowl. We head to our rival and we sink 69-22. Sugs was 21 of 180 and 3 scores, Miller 25 of 40 for 311 and 5:2. Collier with three scores, and Sutter and Grim the others. Picks by Grogan, Faulk, and Worsham. Tanner with 2 sacks. Injures to Reser and Sugs.

That giant win shot us up to 6th in the computer rankings, but now we just wait and see what happens as other teams continue to finish.

Marshall won the MAC

So where did we wind up?

8th! Are we playing at the #8 team in that bowl? We are also #8 in the coaches poll.

Nope….

We are in the Dixie Bowl again. Insert sad face here.

That giant win shot us up to 6th in the computer rankings, but now we just wait and see what happens as other teams continue to finish.

Marshall won the MAC

So where did we wind up?

Old 11-28-2019, 11:35 AM   #57
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We thump the 9-2 Arkansas State winners 41-17. Clearly, we wanted to send a message.

They held a wounded Sugs to 36 yards rushing. Miller was 18 of 37 for 4:3. He is Collier 6 for 115 and 1 score, Sutter 6 for 113 and 2, and Price for a score. Pick six by Faulk. Another pick by Grogan n in his last game for us. 3 sacks by Tims.

Georgia beats USC for the championship.

Ethan Miller is in the Player of the Year voting.

He finishes fourth. The Miami of Ohio QB Tucker actually won.

Good job Miller!

Old 11-28-2019, 03:38 PM   #58
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Want to see our 14th ranked class?

Here you go! DE Maddox, ILB Matijacic, and OT Williamson were T100.

As you can see, we have a big fat class of quality. LB Newsome! CB Ogden! DT Bethel! DE Maddox! OG Heath! Even folks like QB Clewell and such are looking good. We have some backups at RB, TE, WR and OC, and my other OLB, but you can see a lot of power folks over those.

Now, would you like to see how we had to sacrifice to bring them in?

Here you go! As you can see, 15 of our players were ranked in the Top 1000. We talked and LB Newsome being an exception as you can see is 2.54 GPA and 899 test score, but those aren’t bad.

You’ll also see a sub-1000 test score with Ogden at CB, although he has a 3.25 so that less of a concern for me. We have two 4.00s among my backups.

You can see that after the first 100 with three, that we also had WR Banks and QB Clewell, and OG Heath in the next 100 after. From 200-300 no one, although many were in the next 100 after. While I peeled off my top choices at DE, QB, OS, we held most of the rest of our serve.

This was a very spread out but east coast section of players. Two CT, Two FL, Two PA, and then 1 each in ME, NJ, NY, RI, GA, DC, and MA. Only three players came from MI, IL and maybe KY based on how you count it. This time no players west of Chicago. And only one not in the Eastern Time Zone.

I feel like I’ve been doing very well in New England, and I seem to have more recruits from, say, Massachusetts or Connecticut thatn I do with say, Virginia or Tennseee.

Are my impressions correct? I have to find out:

On my roster I have:

VA – 3
NC – 2
SC - 2
NJ – 2
NY – 3
PA - 7
MD - 2
CT -6
MA - 5
DE – 5 (Not including walk ons)
IN – 4
MI – 3
GA – 3
CA - 4

In addition to the locals ones to add and show you like us and NJ and such, I also included all of the states where we have at least three current players. I have two from states like Illinois, Idaho, CA, and such. After PA which is the most I have a random 4 from CA, 5 from MA and 6 from CT. I have twice as many players from CT than the giant state of NY combined.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 11-28-2019 at 09:10 PM.
Old 11-28-2019, 09:12 PM   #59
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We moved up to 7th in the rankings

Awards:

Collier was in the NCAA 2nd team and Senior team

Sutter was in its Academic Team

CAC:

MVP and Offensive Player of the Year – Miller

We had 13 of the CAC first team, and 3 of its 2nd team. We had 8 on their Academic team

Miller finished with the 3rd most yards, 5th best rating, and the most passing TDs in the NCAA this year.

Collier and Sutter both finished with 1000+ seasons, Collier was 4th in yards and tied for 5th in TDs,Sutter was 10th in yards and tied for 7th in TDs.

Faulk was tied for 3rd with 8 picks.

By comparison, Sughroue was 21st in rushing yard with 1228 and tied for 8th with 15 scores.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 11-28-2019 at 09:12 PM.
Old 11-28-2019, 10:49 PM   #60
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Let’s end the season!

Oklahoma has been a bad team and they were caught bribing players and are suspended. Bad Oklahoma!

My coaches were not good, and they didn’t manage our young Kicker Thornton well. He left.

That leaves me with just a walk-on at K

I slide to a 3-4 defense

Scheduling finishes:

Maryland has finally accepted! Tech was 8-3 last year and ranked in the back of the top 25.

We are 5/6 this year for home/away. The away at Tech will be rough, and hosting Maryland isn’t a joke either. But both are local rivals that I’d love to keep up and develop as OOC rivals. Both have a level of respect. If we are beating an 8-3 ACC team we get more respect than a 5-6 SD State. I’d love to be able to pull those off my schedule. But that ain’t happening.

Our prestige has risen to 84 – 14th best.

Old 11-29-2019, 08:16 PM   #61
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Code:
The College Years Del State Roster, Scout Overview Player # Pos Elig Current Estimate Future Estimate Miller, Ethan 13 QB Jr 93 93 Lowe, Kyle 11 QB Sr* 54 80 Bush, George 9 QB Jr* 36 65 Clewell, Warren 4 QB Fr 19 85 Coffey, Deon 14 QB So* 16 63 Etzinger, Russell 32 RB Sr* 62 77 Walton, Darryl 28 RB So* 49 76 Cruise, Kendall 43 RB Fr 39 82 Apold, Courtney 26 RB Jr 37 76 Thevenard, Johnny 21 RB So* 26 73 Lewis, Edgar 33 FB* Sr* 43 60 Poston, Tony 22 FB* Jr* 23 50 Blanchard, Renaldo 92 TE Sr 56 70 Reyman, Lawrence 97 TE Sr* 38 75 McKoy, Damon 98 TE Fr 34 77 Yardley, Emmanuel 94 TE Jr* 33 75 McMurray, Ty 87 TE Fr 25 71 Hines, Jerald 88 TE So* 17 43 Sutter, Damon 7 WR Sr* 72 83 Grim, Bryce 89 WR Sr 46 46 Banks, Bo 80 WR Fr 41 85 Turner, Cary 2 WR So* 37 100 Tice, Harris 8 WR Fr 36 51 Riddols, Calvin 83 WR Jr* 35 49 Collins, Roosevelt 55 C Sr* 64 64 Winslett, David 51 C So* 34 58 Gordon, Brent 52 C Fr 26 62 Buchanon, Van 72 G Sr* 86 96 Brewster, Freddie 64 G Jr* 37 77 Duffy, Vincent 69 G Sr 28 47 Heath, Harold 68 G Fr 8 83 Harris, Frank 60 G* So* 11 32 Monroe, Randall 66 T Sr* 76 96 Brooks, Butch 62 T Jr* 60 77 Ballard, Herman 65 T So* 38 72 Williamson, Dwayne 67 T Fr 37 100 Harrison, Dean 71 T Jr* 30 52 Kinder, Bobby 74 T Sr 19 37 Mitchell, Lester 1 P Jr* 65 74 Rebstock, Al 6 P* Fr 0 3 Milanovich, Charlie 15 K* Sr 3 6 Drayton, B.J. 5 K* Fr 0 0 Reser, Bobby 79 DE Sr 85 89 Fisk, Adam 90 DE So* 37 84 Sanford, Marc 75 DE Sr* 32 50 Maddox, Billy 91 DE Fr 26 62 Keith, Vincent 73 DE Jr 25 34 Weis, Kenyon 77 DT Sr 47 47 Eskenazi, Nathan 78 DT Sr* 31 45 Doebler, Roger 70 DT So* 27 71 Freeman, Ronnie 93 DT Jr* 27 60 Bethel, Britt 99 DT Fr 11 86 Rayburn, Johnnie 96 ILB Sr* 47 55 Bodden, Kennedy 40 ILB So* 31 90 Matijacic, Tyrone 58 ILB Fr 21 86 Kalu, Heath 42 ILB* Fr 1 9 Freeman, Travis 46 OLB Sr 53 100 Cortez, Kendall 41 OLB Sr* 50 57 Buhl, Donnell 95 OLB Fr 19 86 Martinez, Bernard 57 OLB Jr* 16 70 Rose, Gary 54 OLB So* 16 79 Newsome, D.J. 50 OLB Fr 10 100 Benfer, Louie 53 OLB* So 13 41 Anderson, Aaron 20 CB Sr* 60 60 Manahan, Richard 30 CB Sr 41 52 Finley, Otis 25 CB Jr* 32 60 Zimmerman, Lorenzo 49 CB So* 30 71 Carter, Herb 44 CB So* 20 52 Ogden, Donnie 35 CB Fr 9 79 Brewer, Joel 36 CB* So 7 25 Prestbye, Roy 27 CB* So 5 13 Faulk, Hugh 37 S Sr* 68 85 Worsham, Cary 29 S Jr* 50 61 O'Neal, Dwight 24 S Sr 48 59 Kean, Kennedy 31 S So* 34 58 Wolf, Gerald 38 S Fr 23 58 * in eligibility - Player has been red-shirted. * in position - Player is walk-on. ** before name - Player is in danger of becoming academically ineligible.

The era of Ethan Miller is continuing. 93/93 ladies and gents. He is fully fleshed out and breaking faces with his dual attack. We are redshirting every frosh. Starting in the defense I have the 3-4 with Rayburn and Bodden in the middle and Tyrone on deck to really smash face next year. Freeman and Cortez in the outsides, with loads of talent later coming. DEs sees Reder in his final sexy year and Fisk there, and I have DT at WeiS. Faulk dominate last year in his first at Safety, and will continue, along with Worsham, and Anderson and Manahan are up at starting CB, while we develop Zimmerman as a later starting stud.

Over on offense, You can see Etzinger in for Sughroue, with others like Walton doing well. TE Blanchard returns, and at WR you have Suddols, Sutter, and Turner. At O Line my studs remain, with OC Collins, Buchanon, Brewster, Monroe and Brooks, and you can see stud Williamson come in at 100 pot, as did LB Newsome, who could be my next Freeman.

Ready?

Let’s punch some folks in the mouth.

Old 11-29-2019, 11:38 PM   #62
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Needs:

QB? Do I need one? No one is leaving.
RB backup only
WR
OG
OT backup only
ILB
DE
DT backup only
S
CB

K

Should I bring in a walk-on P and K that are better than my current backups in case of retirement again?

That gives me 11 targets with a backup only QB, but I have a full 16 scholarships. If I offered a backup ‘ship to P and K too instead of walk ons that 13 and I have 3 spares. I could easily do a backup ILB, backup S, and have one spare fun time. That would be

Backup – QB, Rb, OT, DT, S, P, K, ILb
Starter – ILB, S, CB, K, DE, OG, WR

Week 1 – I check out the number one player in the US in Maryland, a DE. Dude is 100-. I make him an offer. I also find a backup OT here and make him an offer too. I also offer a K out in NJ. I set up phone calls for next week.

Week 2- I swing by NY and find and offer a stud top 100 WR out there a position. I head to Ohio where they have three of the top 7 rated ILBs in the country. I make an offer to one. While out here I swing by Kansas where we have an 86++ CB and I make an offer to him (also Top 100). I make an offer sight unseen to a Washington State QB who wants to get away and has a 4.0 GPA.

My current Top 100 offers:

Reno next door, smart, wants close and academics. I can’t not offer!

Here’s Ashmore. As you can see, LSU has nothing academically, and our prestige is probably enough to toss off competition for a player like this.

Here’s Butler. Smart. Savvy. Wants it. We dominate that major. Now prestige is #2 and Ohio State is better than us in that. But is the 8 point prestige diff enough to change that 40 academic first choice? I doubt it.

We are the only ones on Gray thus far. Also smart as everything. Wants academics badly, and our Genetics program ain’t bad. We also have prestige as his number too.

As of this recruitment cycle, we have no red rated people, everyone is blue or green.

I haven’t visited him yet, but this guy is my top OG, and if he is good, I’ll offer him too Again, sharp, wants academics and prestige, and we have both over the competition.

We defeat Maryland in our opening game 38-14! Etzinger was 26 for 186 and 2 scores on the ground and Miller 17 of 26 for 262 and 3:1 hitting Turner for all three scores. Picks by Finley and Cortez.

Old 11-30-2019, 09:30 AM   #63
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 3 – One of our players K Reid is visiting us. My top OG came back 92--. Anyone else? I make an offer to a 79++ S I find out here in Indiana. I head back to New England our best recruiting grounds clearly and offer to an OG here. I also offer a backup P. I have offers to 10, including all of my starters I need

Our away game at Virginia Tech is the first time we’ve ever been on the top channel! We are both ranked in the Top 20, and both have finished ranked in the Top 20 the last few years.

This is our last chance to prove we belong before the chump teams begin. Win. On the road. Against the #8 team in the nation.

We thump them. HARD.

They stuffed our ground game nicely, but Miller? He just went into the air gloriously. 22 of 35, 415 yards, 5:0. Riddols was 6 for 145 and 2 scores; Turner 6 for 137, 1 score; Etzinger and Grim with scores too. No turnovers for either side, just 2 sacks by us. No ground game, they stopped us cold. But we still thumped them good.

Two injuries post game. OT Monroe is out for 4-6 weeks and DT Weis similarly. We have great coverage at both positions.

Miller was the NCAA choice for Offensive Player of the Week. Miller plays up.

Old 11-30-2019, 11:02 AM   #64
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 4 – I have our backup P target visiting. Our OG target from last week is visiting USC and Florida but not us. CB Gray is visiting U of M, who is one of the teams that are legitimately better than us in both academics and prestige easily. I pull off our OG and look for another. I fly out to California. I find a great starting OG out here and make an offer. While here I check out my top RB backup option and like him enough to make an offer.

Here let me show you something:

This is the cachet I want. I am looking at folks whom, in Week four, are ranked in the Top 100 in the country and visiting Notre Dame only.

We head to New Mexico and blank them 52-0. Miller, Apold rush for scores. Miller was 16 for 28, 239 and 3:0 and was pulled in the 4th for Lowe who had 100+ yards and a score too. Grim was 6 of 132 for 1 score, 2 scores by Turner and 1 by Sutter. Picks by ILB Rayburn and Holden. WR Riddols is out for a few weeks and I move Grim into the starting spot.

Week 5 – I have 6 visiting. QB, P, K, RB,DE. I make calls and try to shore up my top folks. I visit some local backup options like another K and ILB for later offering.

We defeat Delaware on the road 37-13. Miller was 19 of 33 for 331 and 3:0. He hit Turner for 2 scores and TE Blanchard for one. 2 sacks by Reser, 2 picsk by Worsham, another by Manahan, strip sack, FF, fum rec, and TD by Reser, who was the game MVP.

Old 11-30-2019, 02:33 PM   #65
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 6 – We lost my top WR option who went to Notre Dame. We bring in the stud DE the top recruit in the nation plus QB and RB. I check for another top WR. We head to a few before I find a good one our in Michigan who’s 82+. The OG and OT are visiting us. While out in the Mid West I check out a backup DT in Wisconsin I’ve had my eye on. We like him and make an offer. He’s very backup. Like 50+.

I take a look at the 11 Top 100 players not visiting anyone yet, including two of our offers. Any falls? Many, and some, like a nearby DE, or such that I could grab if I didn’t already have a DE. A few with bad grades. Out top ILB is visiting three folks, Ohio State, GA, and USC, I pull our offer and offer to another out in Ohio we saw and liked.

We host SD and thump them 41-6. Miller was 23 of 31, 439, and 3:2. He hit Turner 9 for 128 and Grim for 7 for 215 and 2 scores. Another score to Blanchard. 2 picks by Worsham, one a pick six. LB Freeman a FF and fumrec.

Week 7 – A backup P joins us. WR and DT are visiting us. I fly to Texas. Our main CB is visiting competition but not us. I visit some ILBs, and Cbs here. I offer a backup ILB I find.

52-17 over Towson. Miller, NCAA Off Player of the Week, was 22 of 41, 328 and 6:1. Turner was 7 for 131 and 1 score; Sutter with 3 scores, and backup RB Walton with a score too. Etzinger was 24 for 148 yards. Worsham and Bolden with picks and two sacks by Reder.

DT Weis is back next week

We’ve risen fast. If Penn State or Cal fall, we may get a bump. We are 3rd in the polls, fans, and 5th in Coaches.

Old 11-30-2019, 09:20 PM   #66
tucking fypo
H.S. Freshman Team

Got a follower here. Makes me want to fire up TCY and start with the worst team academically and athletically.
tucking fypo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 11:20 PM   #67
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 8 – No new recruiting news. I have 9 visiting me. I head down the Carolina coast to see what I can unearth. I offer a backup K.

We crush Georgetown 48-7. This was a rushing game as both Walton and Etzinger had 100+ yards and 2 scores on the ground. Miller was only 16 of 21 for 221 and 2:1. Blanchard and Walton with scores. Pick by Finley.

Week 9 – OG and CB join us. Notre Dame withdrew their offer and we got our top CB target in Gray! We have no major players have fallen, but we have brought in 6 and have 8 visiting.

Bye

Old 11-30-2019, 11:20 PM   #68
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucking fypo View Post
Got a follower here. Makes me want to fire up TCY and start with the worst team academically and athletically.

Awesome! Thanks!

Old 12-01-2019, 08:59 AM   #69
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 10 – We bring in a backup ILB, and OT, but lost our top ILB.

I fly to New Mexico and make some offers. I offer a walk on to a backup S.

Penn state dropped a game on the road at Ohio State.

We win a close game against Liberty, 42-52. Miller was 2 rush TDs, 19 of 30, 410, and 4:1. Sutter, Grim, Walton, and Etzinger with scores.

We got another injury – WR Grim. He’s out for 5 weeks. I pull Harris Tice off redshirt and send him to 3rd on our depth chart.

We are currently #1, after beating a good winning record Liberty.

Week 11 – I bring in DT and backup K. We lost the ILB we wanted. I have 10 players and have 4 visiting and 1 with a walk on offer. I head to Montana and Washington and Idaho. I make an offer for another ILB. There I a really good OT that fell in Idaho. My guy is better, but that’s not a bad OT at all.

OT Monroe is back starting.

Miller feeds on Howard 42-18. 21 of 33, 334, 5:0. He hits Turner 8 for 165 and 2 scores; Sutter 6, 113 yards, 1 score; scores to rookie Tice, Blanchard, and Etzinger, who was 22 rushes for 111 yards. O’Neal with a pick.

Cal Lost on the road against 1 loss USC.

Old 12-01-2019, 12:10 PM   #70
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Week 12 - I bring in S and WR. We lost our backup walk-on S. We have 12 in with 2 at ILB and K visiting. I offer another walk-on.

Miller, NCAA Off. Player of the Week blasts Morgan State 45-17. 28 of 36 for 464 and 5:0. He hit Turner 9 times for 191 yards and 2 scores, Sutter 6 for 101 1 score, and scores to Blanchard, Etzinger and Walton. 2 picks by Faulk. ILB Bodden is out for the season.

Week 13 – No news in recruiting. Miller blasts ODU 38-3, and had 26 of 36, 374 yards and 5:0. Turner was 7, 129 and 2 scores, Sutter, Tice,and Etzinger with TDs. 3 sacks by Weis. Pick by Cortez

Week 14 – We bring in an ILB.

Our season finishes with 11-0.

Week 15 – K comes in.

Marshall wins the MAC. Good job!

We bring in everyone.

Old 12-01-2019, 05:29 PM   #71
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We about to play in one of the bizarrest BCS Championship games you will ever see.

Before that, my recruiting class…

Here you go!

As you can see, Hardy is a question at QB as he joined before I could visit him, but I’m fine with that. Dude really wanted to get away from Washington! I made a walk-on offer to WR Gomez and S Clevinger. You can see my top CB, S, DE, and others came in. Now I pushed back and back and back on ILB and never got the quality I was hoping for, although Henson as a 73+ isn’t bad. I got some good targets in a lot of players though especially at DE, CB, and S, and OG.

Here they are listed by academics See how Hardy was smart and the 168th ranked player? That’s why I was comfortable with the blind offer. You can see we only finished with two Top 100 players this time, I was hoping for better. We fell to 120 at S, 219 at OG, and such. We only have 11 on the Top 1000, however, two of those walk-ons were free late additions to give me bodies. You can see that my lowest test score was my top S target with 1157 and a 3.04 GPA. We had multiple 4.0s.

We brought in two players each from CA, MD, WI, and NJ, with players from Fl, WA, MI, MA, PA, KS, AL.

Enjoy!

Old 12-01-2019, 05:56 PM   #72
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Now, you ready?

Here are the Bowls. Note that Air Force actually finished in the top spot in the rankings, but we are #2. Boston College defeated Notre Dame to give them their 2nd loss and propel them up the charts, they finished #3. Only us and Air Force are undefeated – Alabama and Toledo were undefeated heading into their Championships and Lost to Tennessee and Marshall respectively. Georgia and Alabama were ranked higher, but Tennessee held and won the SEC with a strong 11-1 ranking.

But only Air Force and us are undefeated. And thus this game will arguably result in a clear winner.

A few cool points. Going against Air Force? I’m okay with that. Also, we defeated them the only time we played them

Now this could give me my first win with an SOL8 conference. Normally I get some powerhouse team like an undefeated or one loss SEC team and then have to struggle to be in the game. My only wins were with WVU. But getting Air Force?

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 12-01-2019 at 05:57 PM.
Old 12-01-2019, 06:04 PM   #73
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Before the Player of the Year Voting, let me give you Miller’s standing among QBs.

I sorted this by TDs so you could see him on top. He’s 3rd in passing yards, has only 6 picks to 43 TDs. He was NCAA Off Player of the Week multiple times. I would not be surprised to see him do very, very well in that voting again this year if he does well in the Championship game.

Liberty wins their Bowl Game vs Arkansas State and finishes with 9 wins.

Ready?

Air Force is favored by three. But I have a really good feeling I have never won a BCS Championship with a team not named WVU. It feels like the Football Gods have given us this chance to get no other undefeated teams save Air Force, and then have them as our foe. The same could be said about Air Force too, by the by. Either way, history will be made today!

Can Del State be my first SOL8 win in the championship?

And I won’t, super secretly, save and reload and save and reload. That’s wrong.

Old 12-01-2019, 06:38 PM   #74
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Grim is back for today’s game in the three spot, and Tice is in 4th. This is his final game, and I want to see what the guy has.

WOOT!!!

We’ll look at the game in a moment, but it’s sad to me that Miller didn’t win. You saw the regular season stats, and he won the Championship. That’s big! Never lost, yadda yadda, but finished further back in the voting that normal.

I guarantee that in a normal season in real life, he would have won. Everyone in the media would have rallied around him, and he would have walked away with the Heisman.

But we won!

Now let’s review the game

Some of the box scores for you. Here’s the Miller rushing, sacks, and stats. Sutter was voted as the game MVP with 9 for 231 and 2 scores. Turner was sick too.

I would not be surprised to see Miller declare for the draft next year. If you’ll recall, he was a top flight Top flight prospect we started as a frosh rather than giving him a year developed after he came in a little better than Lowe. That was an uneven season. We won with our stud defense with guys like Grogan and Tims and such rather than a shut-down offense like we had previously. But what works works. And three years later?

He recorded my first Championship win with a SOL8 team.

Think about that. An HBCU just won the championship. And undisputedly. It was the only undefeated club left, so no one else can run around and muck about.

Wow!!!

Get ready though:

We had SIX picks and Manahan had four of them and Faulk 2. Wow.

Ladies and gentleman? Welcome to the No Flight Zone!

Old 12-01-2019, 08:08 PM   #75
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

After we played Northwestern in the championship as WVu, we began to set up home/away series with them each year. Will Air Force do the same? I absolutely want to make thing a regular thang.

Our recruiting class is ranked 15th. I figured it’d be lower.

Awards:

Turner on the NCAA First Team
Miller on its 2nd team.

CAC

MVP and Off Player of Year – Miller

1st Team – 6
2nd team – 6 more

Academic Team – 5

Turner finished 3rd in yards at 1388 and top in TDs with 18. Dude is a stud.

Ready to hit that end season button?

Airtight!

Old 12-02-2019, 08:09 PM   #76
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

See you next year

It’s weird that our recruiting is going down but whatevs.

RB Walton, my primary backup, was suspended academically

Despite winning the most unlikely Championship ever and being the only undefeated team, I didn’t win Coach of the Year, they handed it to the two-loss Notre Dame club. Again, that’s the least realistic thing ever let’s be honest.

Miller is returning!

I am as surprised as you! But I ain’t looking a gift horse and all that.

Old 12-03-2019, 06:52 PM   #77
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We have two scouts heading out into retirement.

Let’s review staff

We made 31 mill in hard, raw cash.

We have risen to 89 prestige; only Georgia, Ohio State, Notre Dame, and Florida are more. We are tied with Boston College and Michigan. With 3.18, we finished with the nation’s highest GPA, fyi.

I hire some staff from others, like the Syndicate Coordinator from WVU, and,…

This is our current OC. We’ve had him for three years and he’s a solid guy with only O Line as his weakness.

This is Walt. He’s worse at O Line, and also not great at developing QBs or player rehab. How ever, dude, has a lot of experience with the Scoot and Shoot. Want to move to it? Not for a 64 year old man who could retire any year. But I’d consider it for the right guy.

Old 12-03-2019, 07:32 PM   #78
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I signed Air Force for an away/home series! We also set up another Away/Home series with Tech

Here’s is our schedule. I wanted to set up next year post Miller with the easier home games. We have 4 home and 7 away.

I really like Tech as an ongoing nearby rival of quality. I also really like punching with Air Force as well. Especially if they have another strong year and we're able to defeat them. Again, with WVU I had played Northwestern in the championship and won, and we began and home/away every year. We also played them against a few years later and lost in the championship bowl game.

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 12-03-2019 at 07:33 PM.
Old 12-03-2019, 11:30 PM   #79
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Code:
The College Years Del State Roster, Scout Overview Player # Pos Elig Current Estimate Future Estimate Miller, Ethan 13 QB Sr 93 100 Lowe, Kyle 11 QB Sr 62 71 Bush, George 9 QB Sr* 30 62 Clewell, Warren 4 QB So* 29 73 Coffey, Deon 14 QB Jr* 24 66 Hardy, Tony 3 QB Fr 23 66 Etzinger, Russell 32 RB Sr 63 76 Walton, Darryl 28 RB Jr* 62 77 Cruise, Kendall 43 RB So* 41 81 Apold, Courtney 26 RB Sr 40 75 Bradley, Ken 30 RB Fr 29 67 Thevenard, Johnny 21 RB Jr* 27 37 Lewis, Edgar 33 FB* Sr 39 39 Poston, Tony 22 FB* Sr* 31 50 Reyman, Lawrence 97 TE Sr 39 74 McMurray, Ty 87 TE So* 38 41 McKoy, Damon 98 TE So* 36 75 Yardley, Emmanuel 94 TE Sr* 33 63 Hines, Jerald 88 TE Jr* 14 44 Sutter, Damon 7 WR Sr 78 78 Turner, Cary 2 WR Jr* 64 72 Banks, Bo 80 WR So* 56 61 Riddols, Calvin 83 WR Sr* 40 80 Dawkins, Carlton 85 WR Fr 30 73 Tice, Harris 8 WR So 29 53 Gomez, Timothy 82 WR* Fr 10 20 Collins, Roosevelt 55 C Sr 73 79 Winslett, David 51 C Jr* 25 55 Gordon, Brent 52 C So* 18 37 Buchanon, Van 72 G Sr 79 79 Brewster, Freddie 64 G Sr* 54 100 Heath, Harold 68 G So* 19 80 Ramirez, Ellis 74 G Fr 18 72 Harris, Frank 60 G* Jr* 20 68 Monroe, Randall 66 T Sr 80 99 Brooks, Butch 62 T Sr* 64 80 Williamson, Dwayne 67 T So* 53 100 Ballard, Herman 65 T Jr* 38 69 Harrison, Dean 71 T Sr* 31 49 Turnbull, Marlon 79 T Fr 26 80 Mitchell, Lester 1 P Sr* 83 83 Holliday, Brent 15 P Fr 15 51 Rebstock, Al 6 P* So* 7 8 Wolf, Tommy 19 K Fr 25 77 Reid, Adrian 16 K Fr 17 86 Ford, Stan 10 K* So* 9 9 Fisk, Adam 90 DE Jr* 54 58 Maddox, Billy 91 DE So* 46 62 Reno, Walter 92 DE Fr 40 100 Sanford, Marc 75 DE Sr 35 50 Keith, Vincent 73 DE Sr 26 62 Eskenazi, Nathan 78 DT Sr 53 53 Freeman, Ronnie 93 DT Sr* 37 60 Doebler, Roger 70 DT Jr* 31 71 Bethel, Britt 99 DT So* 18 86 Scott, Freddie 77 DT Fr 12 41 Rayburn, Johnnie 96 ILB Sr 60 73 Bodden, Kennedy 40 ILB Jr* 35 76 Matijacic, Tyrone 58 ILB So* 24 65 Henson, Mike 47 ILB Fr 17 64 Eagleton, Antonio 48 ILB Fr 4 71 Kalu, Heath 42 ILB* So 10 32 Cortez, Kendall 41 OLB Sr 57 57 Rose, Gary 54 OLB Jr* 32 48 Martinez, Bernard 57 OLB Sr* 29 49 Newsome, D.J. 50 OLB So* 28 100 Buhl, Donnell 95 OLB So* 10 88 Benfer, Louie 53 OLB* Jr 17 60 Anderson, Aaron 20 CB Sr 59 74 Ogden, Donnie 35 CB So* 45 81 Zimmerman, Lorenzo 49 CB Jr* 38 55 Finley, Otis 25 CB Sr* 34 68 Gray, Dwayne 34 CB Fr 28 86 Carter, Herb 44 CB Jr* 21 54 Brewer, Joel 36 CB* Jr 2 2 Prestbye, Roy 27 CB* Jr 0 6 Faulk, Hugh 37 S Sr 72 72 Worsham, Cary 29 S Sr* 58 79 Gunsolus, Britt 23 S Fr 54 74 Wolf, Gerald 38 S So* 32 88 Kean, Kennedy 31 S Jr* 30 80 Clevinger, Mel 46 S* Fr 10 41 * in eligibility - Player has been red-shirted. * in position - Player is walk-on. ** before name - Player is in danger of becoming academically ineligible.

Here is our roster! As you can see, we have some changes to starting roles. I have most rookies on the red shirt list save my best current K and DE Reno. Reno will start across from DE Fisk. At DT I have Eskanazi starting, and we have OLB Newsome on the edge where my hoss used to be. You can see Cortez on the other side, and Rayburn and Bodden will start in the ILB spots while Matiajacic rotates in and readies for next year after the Idaho native grads.

For defensive backs, Anderson is joined by Ogden and then Faulk and Worksham at Safeties too.

On the O Line we are starting Williamson and Monroe, as well as Buchanon, Collins and Brewster, all studs.

We have a decent logjam at WR as I bump down Riddols 4th behind Sutter, Turner, and new WR Banks. My new TE is Reyman and Etzinger will finish starting and clear the space for Walton next year, perhaps maybe.

Old 12-03-2019, 11:38 PM   #80
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

What do I need?

My two major QBs in Lowe and Warren graduate, and we’ll hand it to Clewell, so I need a good starting QB moving forward as a backup.

QB
WR
RB
TE
C
P
DE
CB
OLB

Backup FB, OG, OT, DE, ILB, S

That’s 15 scholarships of a walk-on for the FB, which is 14+1, and gives me a scholarship to be agile with.

Here, let me show you something interesting I discussed earlier:

This is random section of the Top 100. In this game, it uses colors to band folks into groups based on how likely they are to come to your school. Black typically means not at all. You can bring in a black-banded player, and we have, but you usually need a major in, like someone who fell, or had really bad grades, or who wants to really, really stay close to home and you are literally there, and more. After your prestige gets high enough, no one is black-banded, unless they want a major you don’t offer which is impossible, so now I play with the black turned off.

Red-banded players are prestigious ones, high profiles, ones, and more. Red players are harder to bring in, but you can often have a lane in. With the right set up red players are still getta able. For example, in my first class, I had four red banded players including some that weren’t even in the top 1000, such as S Vought. You can do it, it’s just a signal that things will need to line u.

Green are the opposite. They are the easiest to get. You can line them up all day long. When you call them, they will be delighted. When you swing by their house, they will love it. It’s the green banded ones that tend to visit early. For example, over the last few years, we had a few players visit early in weeks 3—5. Those were all green-banded players that considered it their lucky stars to get an offer from us. We’ve lost greens, but it’s not that common. Maybe one a year or so on average. When a green player gets an offer early, they almost always come through. For example, last year, that QB was green. He visited us and decided to join before we had time to visit and see him in real life

Blues are in between. They aren’t as easy automatics as green-banded players, and they aren’t harder reds. You’ll need to work them more, do your due diligence, and more. But you get them in.

Last year, and it appears to be the same, we no longer have any reed-banded players. Here’s a strength of the best players out there this year. See how around 40% of the top 100 players in the nation are green-banded?

I talked earlier about needing a strong QB this year.

Here, let me show you a WR I call:

This is the top ranked WR recruit in the nation. He’s from TEXAS, not somewhere nearby like VA or something. Now this guy is a stud academically.

I wasn’t expecting to head to TX this week, but, why not

Here here’s better than reported! I make him an offer:

As you can see, the top rated recruit in WR in America thinks we are a great landed pad. While here in TX, I’ll visit a few others. Want to bring in a top flight RB? OLB? CB? You get the idea.

Where’s my motivation?

Finish up Miller's year and try to get him a Heisman? Try to win another championship?

Old 12-30-2019, 12:00 PM   #81
frankinho
n00b

Nice dynasty you got going!
Curious, are you micro managing time management of your players or just ignoring that part?
frankinho is offline   Reply With Quote