Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-30-2009, 10:12 PM   #51
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

New York gives Sierra the early lead when Nick Vega hits an RBI single in the top of the second to put the Heroes up 1-0. Edmonton manages to get through to Sierra however in the bottom of the inning when Broomhead hits a RBI double that ties the game up 1-1!

In the top of the 4th, Nick Vega once again puts New York into the lead with a solo homer, and the Heroes add another when Duran scores thanks to an error by the Centerfielder. New York goes up 3-1.

Once again Edmonton ties it back up in the bottom of the inning when Hernandez hits a RBI triple and Webb hits a RBI double that makes it a 3-3 game after 4.

New York once again takes the lead in the top of the 6th on a Jose Gonzales RBI single, but Edmonton finally takes a lead against Juan Sierra for the first time this series thanks to a Webb RBI single that makes the score 5-4.

In the top of the 8th, once again Nick Vega comes through for the Heroes, this time with a 2-run Home Run that put them back on top 6-5, this time for good. The Heroes hold on in the 9th for the win in this close game.

Nick Vega goes 3 for 4 with 2 HR and 4 RBI in the win for New York, while Arturo Hernandez goes 4 for 4 with a double, a triple and a RBI in the loss for Edmonton.

New York 6, Edmonton 5

Edmonton leads the FOOL Classic 3 games to 2.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:13 PM   #52
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

FOOL Classic Game 6:

Browne pitches for Edmonton (1-2 5.47 ERA this postseason)
vs
Villa for New York (2-1 3.27 ERA for this postseason)

Old 06-30-2009, 10:16 PM   #53
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Both pitchers keep this game close for the first half of the game, but in the 5th Edmonton unloads on Villa thanks to 3 doubles, two singles, a walk and an Arturo Hernandez 3-run Home run as part of a 6 run inning.

New York is unable to come back from the big top of the 5th, as Hernandez ends up going 2 for 4 with a double, a Home RUn and 5 RBI in the win for Edmonton, while Trujillo goes 4 for 6 and Webb goes 4 for 5.

Edmonton is just one win away from their second Fool championship in franchise history. They won their first one in 2022 vs the same New York Heroes team.

Edmonton 11, New York 3

Edmonton leads the series 4 games to 2.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:17 PM   #54
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

FOOL Classic Game 7:

Catron pitches for Edmonton (3-0 2.05 ERA this postseason)
vs
Phillips for New York (0-3 7.36 ERA this postseason)

At first glance this seems liike a mismatch that is greatly in Edmonton's favor.. that is why they play the games however!!

Old 06-30-2009, 10:19 PM   #55
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Jorge Garcia hits a sac fly in the top of the 1st to put Edmonton up 1-0, but in the bottom of the second Nick Vega and DIego Rosario both hit RBI doubles that puts New York up 2-1.

An Aaron McIntosh 2-run homer in the bottom of the third extends the Heroes lead to 4-1 and that is all they need in order to stay alive in the FOOL Classic for one more game!

Phillips pitches 6 innings and only allows 2 hits, even though he did walk 7 batters!

New York 4, Edmonton 1

Edmonton still leads the series 4 games to 3.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:20 PM   #56
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

FOOL Classic game 8:

Juan Sierra pitches for New York (3-0 1.69 ERA this postseason)
vs
Rojas for Edmonton (1-3 6.04 ERA this postseason)

Can Edmonton get hits off of Sierra for a second straight game?

Old 06-30-2009, 10:23 PM   #57
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Justin Geldard crushes a 2-run Home run that travels 443 feet in the top of the third and Sierra just like that has a 2-0 lead.

Sierra is tough enough when he does not have a lead, with a lead things are that much more difficult vs him. Edmonton proves that Sierra is indeed human in the bottom of the third however when Broomhead hits a bases loaded Double that scores three runs. Webb follows with a RBI single and just like that Edmonton leads 4-2!

The Edge add an insurance run in the bottom of the 5th on another Broomhead RBI double, and New York is just unable to come back from this one. They finally hang a loss on Sierra as Rojas pitches 8 innings, striking out 6 and giving up only 2 runs on 3 hits!

Edmonton 5, New York 2

The Edmonton Edge are the 2025 FOOL Champions!!

Old 06-30-2009, 10:24 PM   #58
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Thursday, October 23rd, 2025: It's Over! Edmonton Defeats New York
"This is why we play the game," commented Edmonton's manager after his club captured their 2nd FOOL Classic crown by whipping the New York Heroes 5-2 today at Edge Ballpark.

"Baseball don't get any better than this."

The Edge were victorious 5-3 in the series after completing the regular season 85-77 and finishing in second place in the Continental League.

The losing manager had his say, too, telling reporters, "Despite the loss, this year has been a pretty good story, a doggone good story. I'm proud of my guys. We had great veteran leadership and we had players that never gave up -- no quit in us at all. And it got us here. And I'm proud of that. I think you might see the Heroes back here soon."

Old 06-30-2009, 10:25 PM   #59
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Wicked!!
Awesome night! Heatley is officially an Oiler as well! I'm jacked!

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
ekcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:25 PM   #60
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Tuesday, October 7th, 2025
Hartford Harpooners: Signed CL L. López to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $11,840,000.
Boston Settlers: Signed SP M. Waddell to a 4-year contract extension worth a total of $24,000,000.
Colorado Rancheros: Signed CF N. Wallace to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $9,540,000.
Boston Settlers: Signed C J. Flores to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $3,000,000.

Sunday, October 5th, 2025
Boston Settlers: Signed SP F. Archuleta to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $21,000,000.
Baltimore Charm: Signed MR J. Cuevas to a 1-year contract extension worth a total of $162,500.

Friday, October 3rd, 2025
Boston Settlers: Signed SS A. Linseman to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $22,000,000.
Hartford Harpooners: Signed free agent MR M. Ren to a 2-year contract worth a total of $5,805,000.
Baltimore Charm: Signed free agent 2B C. Price to a minor league contract.
Baltimore Charm: Signed free agent C J. Campoy to a 3-year contract worth a total of $1,800,000.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:27 PM   #61
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Saturday, October 25th, 2025
Edmonton Edge: 1B C. Trujillo has executed his last optional contract year.
Apex Assassins: SP T. Ayala retires.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:40 PM   #62
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The new file is up! HTML is currently updating and should be finished some point while I sleep tonight.

We are off tomorrow, so next sim is Thursday morning 7am ET for the Amateur Draft.

I plan on simming through the 4th of July. Please drop me a PM if this might be an issue for you. If need be, I can move Saturday's morning sim to Sunday afternoon at 5pm ET (thanks to Monday's late deadline) due to the holiday week. If it is not going to affect anyone however, I'll just leave it as is.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:41 PM   #63
bz
n00b

Congratulations ekcut. Taken 2 out of 3 from me now.

FOOL-X- New York Legends

bz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:41 PM   #64
Montreal_GM
College Benchwarmer

Congrats Edmonton. Another great season New York.

Thanks Alan.
Montreal_GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:05 PM   #65
buckinbranco
High School Varsity

Congratulations to everyone for a great season, I see the Rebels almost snuck into the playoffs only to lose it at the end for the second straight year Still no news on the computer front, and I will be taking off to the mountains for the next 5 or so weeks on Sunday. Hopefully I will be able to check in every once in a while. When I return to civilization I'm hoping to rejoin all of you here, until then best of luck!

Also, a kitten dies everytime the CL wins the classic.
buckinbranco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 11:16 PM   #66
muns
Pro Starter

Congrats Eric on another title.....

buck have fun and hopefully we will see ya around when you return.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:44 AM   #67
TeachEnEspanol
College Starter

Ekcut! Nice job keeping it in the CL. (RL, stop killing kittens to satisfy your strange need for vengence.) Congratulations!!!

Buck, have a fantastic trip! Good to hear you're going to try to make it back here after all.
TeachEnEspanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:55 AM   #68
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Congrats to ekcut on another well-earned championship. NY and Sierra are no pushovers, and you really earned it, Eric.

Congrats to both Classic squads on great seasons.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:39 AM   #69
Tasan
College Starter

Congrats ekcut!