Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-19-2008, 02:32 PM   #1
JimmyOOTP
Mascot

Where is everyone?

I notice the past few weeks that there is only a handful of people on the boards making trades. Seems like the same teams all the time. Just wondering if there is still alot of active GM's in the league?

JimmyOOTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 02:38 PM   #2
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I rarely trade. I have no idea why, and I know the couple times I have made a trade it was when someone approached me about it.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:40 PM   #3
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I will try to be more active!

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 02:42 PM   #4
JimmyOOTP
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I will try to be more active!

LOL!
Old 08-19-2008, 03:41 PM   #5
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyOOTP View Post
I notice the past few weeks that there is only a handful of people on the boards making trades. Seems like the same teams all the time. Just wondering if there is still alot of active GM's in the league?

There are but Ill leave it to DC so that he can comment on the amout of Imports he gets. I thought it was 90% like 2-3 weeks ago.

As far as trading goes, most of the guys in the league are conservative so they are fine with not making any moves.... You just gotta go with that flow.

In the past (not now just dont have the time) if i really wanted to deal, I would PM just about everyone in the league. I think everyone here now will at least respond, which is better than like 5 seasons ago when we had a few guys that wouldnt even bother with a "no thanks"

Just my 2 cents

Take the time out to find a deal you think is fair or would work for ya and PM that team.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 04:13 PM   #6
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Import % is still in the 90% range. Chief is on vacation, summer is winding down and so folks are getting busy.

We do have 3 teams without owners and one of the new human owners whose PC is on the fritz. (vex) So....that's probably it. And like muns said, we've got a sector of owners who are very conservative about trading and we've got some hyper aggressive owners.

But most everyone in the league right now always exports their files. So...it's not so much an activity thing as much as it's probably about player attachment, etc., strategy.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 04:14 PM   #7
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Dola --

Like muns also said, making direct offers is almost always more effective. And the thing is too, we've got a lot of teams who are either middle of the road with lots of needs, great teams who are successful and don't need much and then some bottom teams that aren't doing much for a while.

It's a lot like real life, in that way, especially now as stuff has started to flesh out. I imagine it'll continue to go in cycles as stuff goes on.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 04:27 PM   #8
JimmyOOTP
Mascot

Fair enough. Just checking to keep us all on our toes