Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Dynasty Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-12-2006, 04:08 PM   #101
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Week 11 - Miami 20, NY Jets 14

We get a much needed division win against the Jets. Snyder resopnds to my benching threat with his first 100 yard performance of the season, and the defense comes up with 4 sacks and 3 turnovers.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 04:19 PM   #102
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Week 12 - Miami 45, Arizona 20

Great win against a very good Cardinals team. Going into the 4th quarter, Arizona held a 20-17 lead, but our offense erupted for three consecutive TD's and the D finished Arizona off with a fumble return. Haag had 293 yards and 4 TD passes.

Old 11-12-2006, 04:23 PM   #103
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Week 13 - Miami 10, San Diego 6

Our 5th straight victory puts us in a three way tie with Buffalo and NEw England for the division title. The running game stole the show here, as Snyder and Williams combined for 150 yards on 32 carried. The D held Rivers, Tomlinson and co. to just 247 total yards.

Old 11-12-2006, 04:49 PM   #104
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Week 14 - Miami 24, St. Louis 23

It's the Alex Haag-Calvin Johnson show once again. Haag throws for 355 yards and 3 TD's, while Calvin Johnson had 6 catches for 154 yards. We survive a scare, as the Rams score with 3 minutes left, but a missed extra point preserves the 1 point victory.

Old 11-12-2006, 04:57 PM   #105
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Week 15 - Miami 23, New England 10

Wow! We rebound from our earlier 28-3 drubbing at the hands of the Pats and take control of the division lead with out 7th straight victory. It wasn't pretty. Haag was sacked 7 times and we only managed 45 yards rushing. We were saved by a horrendous Tom Brady performance, who served up 4 picks (before his backup threw a 5th), two of which were caught by S Michael Griffin.

Old 11-12-2006, 05:01 PM   #106
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Week 16 - Seattle 17, Miami 16

Not happy with the AI in this one. It was a tight game the whole way, but we only ran the ball 13 times. Snyder had 63 yards on only 10 carries, but the AI called 39 pass plays, with limited success. Seattle scored a TD in the 4th to go up 17-16 and Haag threw an INT on the final drive.

Old 11-12-2006, 05:13 PM   #107
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Week 17 - Miami 24, NY Jets 3

We win and New England loses, giving us the AFC title and a first round bye in the playoffs. Haag capped off a very good year with 3 TD passes, two of them to Calvin Johnson in the 4th quarter. The D holds the Jets to 248 total yards and 4 for 18 on 3rd down conversions.

Old 11-12-2006, 05:22 PM   #108
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Before we go to the postseason, a couple notes on the season.

Alex Haag will never be the QB I wanted him to be, but he finished the year ranked 5th in QB rating (91.9). He had 4055 yards, 31 TD's and 17 INT's. I will probably franchise him, since there will not likely be anyone better to come along.

Haag was undoubtedly helped by Calvin Johnson, whose incredible year should get him the MVP award. Johnson had 88 catches for 1642 yards and 12 TD's.

We finish the season with the 3rd ranked offense and the 5th ranked defense.

Great defensive performances include OLB Clint Ingram (102 tackles, 6 INT's), CB Ellis Hobbs (5 INT's, 15 DEF), and DE Justin Smith (8 Sacks, 22 Hurries).

Old 11-12-2006, 06:07 PM   #109
DolphinFan1
College Benchwarmer

Just a question. How do you get Johnson to get so many catches? Is his playing time on 100 or something? I thought there was a wide receiver bug that there weren't enough touches for the top receivers?

BTW, great job getting the Dolphins back to the playoffs. Now let's win it all.

I am on a quest to show that the Dolphins can win the Super Bowl. Or should I say Front Office Bowl, with FOF2K7.

The revival of an old favorite, FOFC Wrestling Dynasty

Last edited by DolphinFan1 : 11-12-2006 at 06:45 PM.
DolphinFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 06:48 PM   #110
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DolphinFan1 View Post
Just a question. How do you get Johnson to get so many catches? Is his playing time on 100 or something? I thought there was a wide receiver bug that there weren't enough touches for the top receivers?

This was one of the overrides I made. The AI recommended a 50 for Calvin, but I set it at 80 early in the year and slowly increased it to 90 by the end of the season.

Old 11-12-2006, 07:15 PM   #111
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Conference Semifinals - Pittsburgh at Miami

This game saw a slow moving first half that ended with a 7-3 lead. The Dolphins made a statement right out of the locker room by holding Pitt to a 3 and out and Haag led a 57 yard TD drive largely by focusing on secondary receivers, as Pitt did a pretty good job on Johnson. Pitt still couldn't get anything going, and the game was essentially over after Haag led a backbreaking 72 yard drive that ate up 7 minutes of clock time and ended with a Casey Snyder TD run. Pitt never threatened and we walk away with a 28-3 victory.

Alex Haag: 22-39-241-2-2
Casey Snyder: 17-52-2
Andre Johnson: 8-123-0
Calvin Johnson: 3-30-1
Defense: Allowed 187 total yards, 2/15 3rd down conversions, 3 Sacks, 4 turnovers

Old 11-14-2006, 05:05 PM   #112
larrymcg421
Head Coach

2012 AFC Conference Championship - San Diego Chargers at Miami Dolphins

The Chargers won an extremely weak AFC West with an 8-8 record and upset Jacksonville and Buffalo in the playoffs to reach this game. Their weakness is the secondary, so hopefully we can exploit that.

I'm surprised that we're able to run against their strong DL at the start. Unfortunately, an illegal substitution penalty kills out initial drive and we have to punt. San Diego takes over and methodically marches down the field on an 83 yard drive and score on a Philip Rivers TD pass to Jeff Samardzija. Thankfully, Haag has an answer as he leads us on an 80 yard drive with several key completions, resulting in a 16 yard TD pass to verteran WR Steve Smith.

End of 1st Quarter: San Diego 7, Miami 7

San Diego once again marches down the field and I'm really worried about the defensive performance so far. They get down to our 12 yard line, but thankfully Cb Eric Green makes a key stop on 3rd down and the Chargers settle for a FG and a 10-7 lead. Haag takes us to midfield, but another penalty stalls the drive and forces another punt. Three plays into the Chargers next drive, Rivers finds WR KC Erickson wide open for a 54 yard TD pass and a 17-7 lead. Haag set up the hurry up offense with two minutes left in the half. a key 26 yard pass to Steve Smith sets up a FG right before the half.

End of 2nd Quarter: San Diego 17, Miami 10

A key tackle by S Ron Bartell stop th eChargers first drive of the 2nd half. Unfortunately, our next three drives are all 3 and outs. While our defense has slowed San Diego down a bit, they are getting 1st downs and wearing us out. Also, they are winning the field position battle. This all changes with 3:49 left in the 3rd quarter when S Marty Schaal knocks the ball loose from Tomlinson and we recover at the San Diego 24. This next drive is also three and out, but Tynes hits another FG to cut the lead to 17-13. then on San Diego's first play of their next series, Rivers is intercepted by CB Ellis Hobbs, and we get the ball at midfield to start the 4th quarter.

End of 3rd Quarter: San Diego 17, Miami 13

A 16 yard pass to Calvin Johnson and a 21 yard completion to Steve Smith sets up a 5 yard TD pass to Andre Johnson, giving us the 20-17 lead early in the 4th quarter. San Diego's turnover problems continue. On the 3rd play of their next series, Rivers is intercepted by DE Justin Smith. We drive down to their 5 yard line, but Haag gets sacked and we have to settle for another FG for a 23-17 lead. San Diego's next drive stalls and they punt it back to us with 4:21 left. They were able to pin us deep at our own 2. Thankfully, Haag puts together a beautiful drive, converting two 3rd downs and then finding backup WR Ed O'Connor downfield for a 43 yard gain. We chew out more clock and kick a FG to take a 26-17 lead with only 1:33 left. San Diego loses the ball on downs and we run out the clock for a trip to the Superbowl! Woo!

This will be the Dolphins first trip to the big game in 28 years.

We will be facing Eli Manning and the NY Giants, who are making a return trip after losing to Peyton and the Colts last year.

Old 11-16-2006, 07:57 AM   #113
BradS
n00b

What a fun read. The overall randomness and results are intriguing and I can see why they say FOF is the best football sim out there. Little stories inside the bigger one such former RB Brown taking revenge against his old team. Interesting stuff. Also there must be some small sentimental attachment to your old QB "he could be the next Marino" Haag. You stated a couple seasons ago (i think) they he would probably not be back with the team the following year. I guess if he can maintain the status quo, you will have a hard time letting him go.

Question, do you gameplan week to week?

Keep it up!

Last edited by BradS : 11-16-2006 at 07:59 AM.
BradS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 05:33 PM   #114
Porscheboy16
n00b

Please....I nead to know what happens...
Porscheboy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 06:26 PM   #115
hoopsguy
General Manager

Definitely pulling for the Dolphins to bring home a title. I've had fun following along so far.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 05:14 AM   #116
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Sorry for the delay on this one guy.s I've had alot of fun writing this one and glad you have enjoyed it so far.

I should be able to continue tomorrow night.

Old 11-22-2006, 08:53 AM   #117
DolphinFan1
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Sorry for the delay on this one guy.s I've had alot of fun writing this one and glad you have enjoyed it so far.

I should be able to continue tomorrow night.

He just wants to keep us in suspense. Nothing like a to be continued to get us to keep coming back.

I am on a quest to show that the Dolphins can win the Super Bowl. Or should I say Front Office Bowl, with FOF2K7.

The revival of an old favorite, FOFC Wrestling Dynasty
DolphinFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 06:05 PM   #118
larrymcg421
Head Coach

2012 Superbowl

Miami Dolphins vs. New York Giants

Rough start as Casey Snyder fumbles on his first carry of the game. The Giants took over on our 6 yard line, and three plays later had a 7-0 lead. On the next series, a Giants facemask penalty gives us one first down, but otherwise they shut down our offense and we have to punt. The Giants take over on their own 19 and go on a surprisingly easy 81 yard drive to take a 14-0 lead. Then our offense suffered another three and out. Thankfully DT Claude Wroten came up with a huge play by knocking the ball loose from Giants RB Chuck Upshaw and returning it to the 9 yard line. Three plays later, Haag threw a 1 yard TD to backup TE Rob Waugh to make it 14-7, which is where the 1st quarter would end.

End of 1st Quarter: NY Giants 14, Miami 7

The start of the 2nd quarter is pretty amazing:

1-10-MIA24 (2Q: 14:49) Alex Haag pass completed to WR Calvin Johnson for 20 yards.

1-10-MIA44 (2Q: 14:16) Alex Haag pass fell incomplete, intended for WR Calvin Johnson.

2-10-MIA44 (2Q: 14:08) Alex Haag pass completed to WR Calvin Johnson for 21 yards.

1-10-NYK35 (2Q: 13:29) Alex Haag pass completed to WR Calvin Johnson for 15 yards.

1-10-NYK20 (2Q: 12:44) Alex Haag pass completed to WR Calvin Johnson for 20 yards and a TOUCHDOWN!

Just like that it is tied 14-14. Unfortunately the momentum is sapped a bit when Ethan Weber returns the ensuing kickoff 90 yards for a TD and putting them up 21-14. Both offenses stall until the Giants put together a terrific drive at the end of the half. With 6:25 to go, th eGiants would pick up 5 first downs, chew up 5:27 of the clock, and score ona 4 yard TD run to take a 28-14 lead. With little time left, Haag throws up a desperation pass that (who else?) Calvin Johnson brings down for a 45 yard gain. This puts us in FG position and Tynes connects on the 52 yarder at the close of the half.

End of 2nd Quarter: NY Giants 28, Miami 17

At the start of the 2nd half, the Giants put together another good drive, wearing out our beleaguered defense. Thankfully, S Ron Bartell came up with a huge play, stopping Ethan Weber on 3rd and goal from the 1. this forced the Giants to settle for the FG and kept us within two possessions. On the next series, Haag gets us to the Giants 32, but Tynes misses a 49 yard FG. Giants go three and out, but then so do we. On the Giants next possession the Giants take advantage of good field possession and tack on another FG at the end of the 3rd quarter.

End of 3rd Quarter: NY Giants 34, Miami 17

If we have any hope in this game, we need a great drive right now.

1-10-MIA31 (4Q: 14:22) Casey Snyder ran inside the right guard for 0 yards.

2-10-MIA31 (4Q: 13:45) DeAngelo Williams ran inside the left guard for 1 yard.

3-9-MIA32 (4Q: 13:07) PENALTY: Miami was called for a False Start.

3-14-MIA27 (4Q: 12:58) Marino Jr. Haag pass fell incomplete, intended for WR Steve Smith.

Yeah, that wasn't it.

We punt and the Giants take over at their own 34. Manning once again puts together a great drive, chewing up 6:30 off the clock. Feely hit another FG to put the Giants up by 20 and it is all over now. The Giants would add another Fg and we got a late TD to Calvin Johnson, but it wasn't enough.

Final Score: NY Giants 40, Miami 25

Old 12-18-2006, 07:11 PM   #119
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradS View Post
What a fun read. The overall randomness and results are intriguing and I can see why they say FOF is the best football sim out there. Little stories inside the bigger one such former RB Brown taking revenge against his old team. Interesting stuff. Also there must be some small sentimental attachment to your old QB "he could be the next Marino" Haag. You stated a couple seasons ago (i think) they he would probably not be back with the team the following year. I guess if he can maintain the status quo, you will have a hard time letting him go.

In FOF2004, I would have let him go a couple seasons ago. But FOF2007's AI has made it much more difficult to acquire a good QB. The best QB's are now taken in the early rounds of the draft and it's near impossible to pry good veteran QB's away from other teams.

Quote:
Question, do you gameplan week to week?

I've let scouts handle my gameplanning for this dynasty, but generally when I start a dynasty I come up with offensive and defensive concepts and build the team around those concepts. I rarely make game to game changes.

Keep it up![/quote]

Thanks!

Old 12-18-2006, 07:13 PM   #120
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Code:
Year 2012 Record 13-6 Winning Pct. .684 All-Time 54-58 Winning Pct. .482 Playoffs 3-2 Playoff Visits 2 Bowl Wins 0 Head Coach Blaine Begian Record 55-46 Winning Pct. .544 Off. Coord. S. Stone Def. Coord. J. Santana Miami Dolphins Team Rank Rushes per Game 25.3 22 Rushing Yards 97.4 20 (T) Yards Per Carry 3.85 16 Pass Attempts 33.7 14 (T) Completions 20.8 15 Completion Pct. 61.6 20 Passing Yards 261.1 4 Yards Per Attempt 7.75 1 Yards Per Catch 12.58 1 Total Yardage Gained 339.5 8 3rd Down Conversions 37.9 9 Points Per Game 23.8 3 Pass Rush Pct. 7.4 14 Pass Defense Pct. 68.6 13 Turnovers 32 26 Turnover Margin 0 15 (T) Opponents Team Rank Rushes per Game 26.5 16 Rushing Yards 94.3 11 Yards Per Carry 3.56 8 Pass Attempts 34.9 26 Completions 21.5 19 Completion Pct. 61.5 13 Passing Yards 224.8 15 Yards Per Attempt 6.43 13 Yards Per Catch 10.45 11 Total Yardage Gained 307.0 15 3rd Down Conversions 29.4 1 Points Per Game 15.1 2 Pass Rush Pct. 6.6 12 (T) Pass Defense Pct. 68.6 23 Turnovers 32 7 (T) Week Team Versus Oppnt 1 14 at BUF 27 2 13 SFO 10 3 45 BAL 7 4 3 at NED 28 5 29 at JAX 37 6 37 TEN 11 7 10 BUF 14 8 34 IND 7 10 34 at HOU 7 11 20 at NJY 14 12 45 at ARI 20 13 10 at SDO 6 14 24 STL 23 15 23 NED 10 16 16 at SEA 17 17 24 NJY 3 $$CS 28 PIT 3 $$CF 26 SDO 17 **FB 25 vs NYK 40 Passing Pos Att Comp Yards Y/Att TD Int Rate 13 A. Haag QB 523 322 4055 7.75 31 17 91.9 **Team --- 539 332 4177 7.75 31 18 90.9 $$Opp --- 559 344 3596 6.43 15 20 74.2 Front Office Football 2007 Rushing Pos Att Yards Y/Att TD Fum 27 C. Snyder RB 238 905 3.80 4 7 21 D. Williams RB 143 572 4.00 3 3 **Team --- 405 1559 3.85 7 24 $$Opp --- 424 1509 3.56 9 25 Receiving Pos Targ Catch Yards Y/Ctc Y/Tar Drop TD 89 C. Johnson WR 147 88 1642 18.66 11.17 8 12 88 A. Johnson WR 85 54 688 12.74 8.09 2 5 85 S. Smith WR 89 43 545 12.67 6.12 7 3 87 E. O'Connor WR 78 43 694 16.14 8.90 4 2 21 D. Williams RB 37 26 101 3.88 2.73 0 2 42 E. Garcia FB 27 23 130 5.65 4.81 0 2 81 R. McMichael TE 32 22 188 8.55 5.88 0 3 27 C. Snyder RB 23 19 76 4.00 3.30 2 1 Defense Pos Tack Asst Sack Hurr Ints Defn PDPct 96 N. Farmer ILB 82 17 0.5 0 0 5 74.3 55 C. Ingram OLB 77 25 1.0 2 6 4 81.2 22 R. Bartell S 77 31 1.0 0 2 8 78.9 56 D. Pollack OLB 67 21 1.0 0 1 2 70.3 47 M. Griffin S 55 22 0.0 1 3 3 76.2 74 C. Wroten DT 54 19 8.0 14 0 0 81.5 92 R. Geathers DE 48 14 2.0 11 0 1 81.7 30 E. Hobbs CB 43 13 0.0 0 5 15 86.0 34 E. Green CB 34 10 0.0 0 1 13 82.3 54 T. Davis OLB 33 14 0.0 1 0 5 81.9 37 E. Calabro CB 32 14 0.0 0 1 2 75.3 91 C. Lingo DT 30 10 7.0 4 0 0 80.4 99 J. Smith DE 28 13 8.0 22 0 0 82.3 53 M. Wilhelm ILB 28 10 0.0 0 0 1 71.4 46 D. Foxworth CB 22 4 0.0 0 0 1 71.0 41 M. Schaal S 19 11 0.0 0 1 0 76.4

Old 12-18-2006, 07:20 PM   #121
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Front Office Football 2007
Code:
2012 Regular Season Standings AC North W L T Pct PF PA Conf Div Pittsburgh 10 5 1 .656 312 296 7-4-1 2-3-1 Cleveland 10 6 0 .625 344 269 7-5 2-4 Baltimore 8 8 0 .500 214 288 7-5 5-1 Cincinnati 4 11 1 .281 297 397 3-8-1 2-3-1 AC South W L T Pct PF PA Conf Div Jacksonville 12 4 0 .750 344 286 10-2 6-0 Tennessee 8 8 0 .500 325 313 6-6 3-3 Indianapolis 8 8 0 .500 297 293 5-7 3-3 Houston 3 13 0 .188 257 419 2-10 0-6 AC East W L T Pct PF PA Conf Div Miami 11 5 0 .688 381 241 8-4 3-3 Buffalo 10 6 0 .625 320 256 8-4 5-1 New England 10 6 0 .625 376 294 7-5 3-3 New Jersey 7 9 0 .438 323 328 5-7 1-5 AC West W L T Pct PF PA Conf Div San Diego 8 8 0 .500 338 312 6-6 4-2 Denver 7 9 0 .438 278 301 5-7 3-3 Oakland 5 11 0 .313 310 368 5-7 3-3 Kansas City 4 12 0 .250 222 257 4-8 2-4 NC North W L T Pct PF PA Conf Div Chicago 13 3 0 .813 427 180 10-2 5-1 Detroit 8 8 0 .500 298 347 6-6 3-3 Minnesota 5 11 0 .313 251 353 3-9 2-4 Green Bay 5 11 0 .313 230 282 4-8 2-4 NC South W L T Pct PF PA Conf Div Atlanta 11 5 0 .688 312 307 7-5 3-3 New Orleans 10 6 0 .625 346 307 8-4 4-2 Carolina 9 7 0 .563 339 359 6-6 3-3 Tampa Bay 8 8 0 .500 298 333 5-7 2-4 NC East W L T Pct PF PA Conf Div New York 11 5 0 .688 388 325 8-4 3-3 Dallas 10 6 0 .625 359 280 7-5 5-1 Philadelphia 4 12 0 .250 278 382 4-8 3-3 Washington 4 12 0 .250 222 334 2-10 1-5 NC West W L T Pct PF PA Conf Div San Francisco 10 6 0 .625 302 278 8-4 3-3 Seattle 9 7 0 .563 319 286 7-5 2-4 Arizona 8 8 0 .500 336 302 7-5 4-2 St. Louis 5 11 0 .313 255 325 4-8 3-3

Playoffs

San Diego 24, Buffalo 7
Pittsburgh 23, Cleveland 17
Dallas 35, Atlanta 10
New Orleans 13, San Francisco 10

Dallas 34, Chicago 3
NY Giants 27, New orleans 17
Miami 28, Pittsburgh 3
San Diego 10, Jacksonville 7

NY Giants 27, Dallas 14
Miami 26, San Diego 17

NY Giants 40, Miami 25

Old 12-18-2006, 08:01 PM   #122
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Year in Review

*Haag has had a rocky career with the Dolphins, but in his 5th season he shined with 4,000 yards and 31 TD's. His QB rating of 91.9 was 5th highest in the league.

*Calvin Johnson led the league in receiving yards, yards per catch, and TD receptions. He was 2nd in total receptions. Also, let's not forget his incredible 11 catch, 216 yard performance in the Superbowl.

*WR Calvin Johnson made 1st team honors. 2nd team award winners were DT Claude Wroten, OLB Clint Ingram, and CB Ellis Hobbs.

*Biggest bust in league history? QB Kyle McComas was the #1 overall draft pick for the Browns in 2010. He is currently rated 10/37 and has only attempted 3 passes in 2 years.

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 12-18-2006 at 08:07 PM.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:44 PM   #123
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Offseason Notes

*WR Steve Smith, DE Justin Smith, and WR Chad Jackson. Jackson sat out all of last season in a contract dispute and missed our Superbowl run. DE Justin Smith will be hard to replace.

*Notable league retirements include RB Cedric Benson, WR TJ Houshmandzedah, WR Javon Walker, QB Daunte Culpepper, G Steve Hutchinson, WR Plaxico Burress, QB Aaron Brooks, RB Laidanian Tomlinson, RB Clinton Portis, WR Santana Moss

*2012 Player of the Year Award went to a fictional player for the first time. The award previously won by McNabb, Manning, Roethlisberger, Roethlisberger, Cutler, and Leinart goes to QB Keith Tanner of the BEars, who threw for 3900 yards and 32 TD's with a QB rating of 104. I still think my boy Calvin deserved it.

*Head Coach Blaine Begian struggle din his first four year's with the Fins, going 31-33 with no playoff appearances. My faith in him paid off as he went 24-13 the past two seasons. Therefore I gave him a huge contract extension of 4 years at $7.88 million per year.

*I put the franchise tag on Haag, but he's not completely out of the woods. Last year's 4th round draft pick, QB Gary Wonders, is currently rated 24/59 with some nice bars, and I send him to the summer league.

Old 12-19-2006, 05:15 PM   #124
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Free Agency

Week 1 - I offer extensions and renegotiations for several of my guys. I extend Haag to a 4 year deal and give Calvin Johnson 4 more years on his current contract to keep him with the Fins through 2018. In cost saving moves, OLB David Pollack, T Vernon Carey, and several smaller names get the axe. This leaves me with $13 million to spend on free agents.
Week 2 - I'm able to land MLB Chuck McNiven, the best MLB available for a 3 year deal at $6 million. Definitely a steal.

Week 3 - As much as I loved the story of RB Casey Snyder rising from undrafted to a starting role, his play last season just wasn't good enough for a starter. Therefore, I signed RB Harris Bennett to start this year, and Snyder will go back to the backup role he excelled in in 2011.

Week 4 - I sign WR Chris Henry, who will make a solid #3 receiver, and OLB Pisa Tinoisamoa, who will jump into the starting spot. Currently in a bidding war for stud G Josh Beekham. I've gone as high as $37 million over 4 years, which is $1 million better than the Redskins deal. Still no response.

Week 8 - Finally, Josh Beekham agrees to our 4 year offer and our free agency work is done for now.

Old 12-19-2006, 09:18 PM   #125
larrymcg421
Head Coach

2013 Draft

1(31) - DT Donald Ripley, Tulane
I could have gone after a decent QB or DE, but my DT's are aging and I need some youth. This guy has the potential to be a stud someday.

2(31) - T Jerry McIntyre, Baylor
Yet again I try for a really good Tackle. This guy has really nice potential and is listed as Underrated.

3(31) - G Marlon Kinney, Northwestern
Need some depth at Guard and Kinney is by far the best Guard left in the draft.

4(17) - S Levon Rayburn, Maryland
Reaching a bit here, but this guy has great potential in INT's, my favorite rating for a backup DB. Plus there was no one else I liked.

4(31) - WR Wesley Gray, Siena
Wesley is the 2nd fastest player left in the draft. He has great punt return potential and should be adequate as a 4th WR.

7(31) - Lenny Speers, C, Oklahoma
This guy should be an interesting project. Has high potential in Run Blocking and Pass Blocking, but very low Potential and Endurance. Worth a shot in the 7th.

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 12-19-2006 at 09:20 PM.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:22 PM   #126
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Nothing notable happens in late FA, except I sign Jamarcus Russell to be my #3 QB.

Here's how my draftees came out of camp...

DT Donald Ripley - 40/58
T Jerry McIntyre - 23/56
G Marlon Kinney - 26/51
S Levon Rayburn - 26/50
WR Wesley Gray - 18/26 (and gets the axe)
C Lenny Speers - 19/57

Old 12-19-2006, 10:34 PM   #127
larrymcg421
Head Coach

And here are your 2013 Miami Dolphins...

Code:
Player # Pos Start Exp Current Estimate Future Estimate Cntrct Haag, Alex 13 QB QB 6 54 65 4 yrs Wonders, Gary 4 QB 2 22 54 2 yrs Russell, JaMarcus 14 QB 7 21 43 1 yr. Bennett, Harris 24 RB RB 5 40 40 1 yr. Snyder, Casey 27 RB 3 32 36 1 yr. Williams, DeAngelo 21 RB 8 31 31 1 yr. Garcia, Ernest 42 FB FB 6 68 68 4 yrs Richmond, Glenn 25 FB 1 21 48 1 yr. McMichael, Randy 81 TE TE 12 63 63 2 yrs Lyle, Renaldo 85 TE 6 45 45 1 yr. Johnson, Calvin 89 FL FL 7 77 77 6 yrs Johnson, Andre 88 FL SE 11 58 58 2 yrs Henry, Chris 86 FL 9 50 50 1 yr. Osburn, Tony 80 SE 3 31 31 1 yr. Hadnot, Rex 66 C C 10 54 54 2 yrs ##Willis, Glen 57 C 6 42 42 1 yr. Speers, Lenny 51 C 1 19 57 3 yrs Beekham, Josh 79 LG LG 7 71 71 4 yrs Studdard, Kasey 71 LG 7 56 56 3 yrs Wolsic, Wally 63 RG 3 31 48 1 yr. Kinney, Marlon 60 RG RG 1 26 51 4 yrs ##McKinnie, Bryant 68 LT 12 37 37 1 yr. Barron, Alex 50 RT LT 9 77 77 3 yrs Giba, Bryant 62 RT RT 2 32 54 3 yrs McIntyre, Jerry 65 RT 1 23 56 4 yrs Jones, Donnie 9 P 10 56 56 2 yrs Tynes, Lawrence 17 K 10 56 56 2 yrs Roth, Matt 78 LDE 9 39 39 1 yr. Jenkins, Rod 70 LDE 3 39 51 2 yrs Marvel, Glenn 90 LDE LDE 3 36 55 2 yrs Geathers, Robert 92 RDE RDE 10 48 48 3 yrs Wroten, Claude 74 LDT LDT 8 58 58 4 yrs Ripley, Donald 96 RDT RDT 1 40 58 4 yrs Lingo, Cornelius 91 RDT 8 40 40 1 yr. Harrell, Justin 98 NT 7 56 56 2 yrs McNiven, Chuck 97 MLB MLB 5 58 58 3 yrs Moore, Dan 55 MLB 8 35 35 1 yr. ##Wilhelm, Matt 53 MLB 11 32 32 1 yr. Tinoisamoa, Pisa 56 SLB SLB 11 44 44 1 yr. Henderson, E.J. 93 SLB WLB 11 35 35 1 yr. ##June, Cato 52 SLB 11 32 32 1 yr. Davis, Thomas 54 SLB 9 31 31 1 yr. Hobbs, Ellis 30 LCB LCB 9 67 67 5 yrs Calabro, Eugene 37 LCB 5 47 47 1 yr. Foxworth, Domonique 46 RCB RCB 9 52 52 1 yr. Green, Eric 34 RCB 9 42 42 1 yr. Bartell, Ronald 22 SS SS 9 69 69 3 yrs Bullocks, Josh 43 SS 9 39 39 1 yr. Griffin, Michael 47 FS FS 7 61 61 3 yrs ##Schaal, Marty 41 FS 3 34 49 1 yr. Rayburn, Levon 38 FS 1 26 50 4 yrs

Old 12-19-2006, 11:06 PM   #128
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Week 1 - Miami 30, New England 21

Haag comes out with a HUGE opening game, completing 27 of 35 passes for 466 yards and 3 TD's. Calvin Johnson had 7 catches for 150 yards and 2 TD's, including a 78 yarder that clinched the game in the 4th quarter.

Old 12-19-2006, 11:19 PM   #129
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Week 3 - Jacksonville 31, Miami 19

Jacksonville torches us for the 2nd year in a row. Haag was sacked 7 times again. I'm surprised this guy can still walk. Neither of my backs are doing anythign and Calvin has been contained 2 weeks in a row.

Old 12-19-2006, 11:30 PM   #130
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Week 4 - Miami 44, Cincinnatti 24

Haag is "only" sacked three times this week, and he responds with a 371 yard, 3 TD performance. Both Johnsons, Calvin and Andre, go over 100 yards in this one. LB Chuck McNiven has been a great pickup so far. He's #2 in the league in tackles with 33 through the first 4 weeks. He also leads the league in assists with 19.

Old 12-19-2006, 11:33 PM   #131
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Week 5 - Miami 23, Buffalo 10

The defense finally comes through with a strong effort, picking JP Losman off 3 times and sacking him 4 times. RB Harris Bennett has his first 100 yard game since joining the Dolphins.

Old 12-19-2006, 11:34 PM   #132
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Yikes! Alex Haag is out for 5 weeks with a strained back injury. It will be up to untested 2nd year QB Gary Wonders to lead the team. Hope that Summer league experience paid off.

Old 12-19-2006, 11:38 PM   #133
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Week 5 - Cleveland 30, Miami 0

Not a good start for Gary Wonders. He goes 16 of 34, for 142 yards and 3 INT's. The defense didn't play too bad. Most of the scoring was done on a short field. But the season doesn't look so bright right now

Old 12-19-2006, 11:41 PM   #134
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Week 7 - Pittsburgh 30, Miami 10

Ugh. I should have Haag back in a couple weeks, but what to do about the struggling defense?

Old 12-19-2006, 11:43 PM   #135
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Week 8 - Bye

Haag still out for 3 more weeks.

Old 12-19-2006, 11:49 PM   #136
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Week 9 - Miami 17, New England 13

A gritty and gutsy performance keeps our season alive. Calvin Johnson stepped up big time and came away with 12 catches for 166 yards, Wonders had his best game, going 17 of 33 for 328 yard. And my favorite player, Casey Snyder, scored on a 6 yard TD run with 1:22 left to give us the win.

Old 12-19-2006, 11:54 PM   #137
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Week 10 - Miami 30, Baltimore 20

The return of G Josh Beekham has been noticeable. The past two games we've been able to get the deep more effectively. Johnson followed up last week with 8 catches for 146 yards. Haag returns with a solid game, 253 yards and 2 TD's. Suddenly we're at 5-4 and that's good enough for the division lead!

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 12-19-2006 at 11:55 PM.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:06 AM   #138
larrymcg421
Head Coach

The current injury situation is very ugly:

Michael Griffin, FS - Elbow Bursitis, Probable, full strength in about 1 week.
Alex Haag, QB - Strained Back, Probable, full strength in about 1 week.
Harris Bennett, RB - Hyperextended Elbow, Probable, full strength in about 1 week.
Eric Green, RCB - Strained Adductor Muscle, Out, full strength in about 4 weeks.
Domonique Foxworth, RCB - Hyperextended Knee, Out, full strength in about 4 weeks.
Alex Barron, RT - Broken Wrist, Out, full strength in about 4 weeks.

Old 12-20-2006, 12:10 AM   #139
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Week 11 - Miami 35, NY Jets 14

It's the runnign game that dominates for us this week. Snyder runs for 127 yards and Bennett adds 65. CB Ellis Hobbs has had an injury plagued year, but picked off two passes this week.

Old 12-20-2006, 12:16 AM   #140
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Week 12 - Miami 35, Carolina 13

The team is on fire right now. It was Andre Johnson that took the spotlight this week, with 12 catches for 147 yards and 2 TD's. The injury depleted secondary still managed 3 INT's, two from S Ron Bartell.

Old 12-20-2006, 12:26 AM   #141
JeffW
High School Varsity

Quote:
My roster is full, so I make a strange deal. I give my 7th and next year's 3rd to Cleveland for their 3rd. Reasoning is they sucked last year and will be relying on a rookie QB this year, so I expect my 3rd to be alot later than theirs. And I needed to get rid of that pick somehow.

Heh, that's an exploit IMO.
JeffW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 12:40 AM   #142
JeffW
High School Varsity

Quote:
[code]
Year 2012
Completion Pct. 61.6 20

Wtf. 61.6% was 20th in the league?! What was league average?
JeffW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006, 02:00 PM   #143
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffW View Post
Wtf. 61.6% was 20th in the league?! What was league average?

League average was 62.2%. The Bears led with 69.3%.

Old 12-20-2006, 02:22 PM   #144
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Had to delete weeks 13-17 due to a system crash. Before the crash, I had finished 9-7 with the AFC East division title. Will try this again and save every week.

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 12-20-2006 at 04:06 PM.
Old 12-24-2006, 02:32 PM   #145
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Week 13 - Miami 27, San Diego 0

We put together one of our best running performances of the season. Bennet goes for 120 yards on 26 carries and Snyder gets 47 yards on 12 carries. DE Rod Jenkins had a monster game that led our defense to a shutout. Jenkins finished with 6 tackles, 3 assists, 2.5 Sacks, and a forced fumble.

Old 12-24-2006, 02:37 PM   #146
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Week 14 - Miami 20, Atlanta 17

The running game doesn't repeat last weeks performance, but Haag puts together a solid game with 265 yards and 2 TD's. Calvin Johnson has been slowed as of late, but Andre Johnson has been picking up the slack, coming away with 7 catches for 130 yards this week. We are now 9-4 and two games ahead of NEw England. Since we beat them twice, we o nly need one win in our final three to clinch the division title.

Old 12-24-2006, 02:58 PM   #147
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Week 15 - Miami 20, NY Jets 14

The division title is ours! The defense puts together another strong performance, sacking Chad Pennington 5 times and forcing 5 fumbles. Andre Johnson had another great game (5-109-1) while Calvin Johnson continues to underperform (2-49-1)

Old 12-24-2006, 03:21 PM   #148
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Week 16 - New Orleans 20, Miami 13

Calvin Johnson breaks out of his funk with 5 catches for 91 yards, but our overall sluggish performance leads to an embarassing defeat at the hands of 0-14 New Orleans.

Old 12-24-2006, 03:46 PM   #149
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Week 17 - Buffalo 13, Miami 10

We blow a shot at a 1st round bye with another sluggish performance. We were stuck with terrible field position all game, and Haag had a terrible game, going 18 of 40, for 181 yards and 1 INT. We also lose two Guards for next week's playoff game and will have to sign a couple FA's.

Old 12-24-2006, 04:37 PM   #150
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Playoffs

Wildcard Round - Kansas City at Miami

The Chiefs open with a strong 11 play drive, but thankfully we are able to pick off Chiefs QB Rex Grossman to kill the drive. The offense stalls and the Chiefs move the ball yet again, but stall at midfield. After a touchback, we finally get moving, but also stall at midfield. And the 1st quarter pretty much plays out like this. The defense are controlling the game.

End of 1st Quarter: Miami 0, Kansas City 0

The Chiefs open the 2nd quarter with a 13 play drive that results in a 4 yard TD run by Larry Johnson. Right now I'm worried about the Chiefs ability to control the time of possession. Thankfully, we are able to come right back at them, as Haag completes three consecutive passes to Calvin Johnson, setting up a 9 yard TD pass to Casey Snyder. This ties the game at 7-7. The defense gets it together and holds the Chiefs to 3 and out. Haag gets hot and completes 4 passes to 4 different receivers on the next drive, and Harris runs it in from the 1 yard line to give us a 14-7 lead with 2:04 left.Another Grossman INT kills the Chiefs drive at the end of the half.

End of 2nd Quarter: Miami 14, Kansas City 7

Disaster strikes early in the 2nd half as Haag is picked off , setting uip the Chiefs at our 15 yard line. Thankfully, our defense holds and forces a FG, making the score 14-10. Haag rebounds and leads us on another scoring drive. On 3rd and 1 at the KC 19, Casey Snyder drops Haag's pass and we have to settle for a FG to make it a 17-10 lead. KC comes back, driving the ball across midfield, making it to our 41 yard line. They go for it on 4th and 1, but OLB Pisa Tinoisamoa made a great stop to end the drive.

End of 3rd quarter: Miami 17, Kansas City 10

It was a defensive struggle the rest of the way. The Chiefs open the quarter with two straight 3 and outs. They finally get going with 9:42 left, driving to our 35 yard line before stalling on 3rd down. With 5 minutes left, they try for the FG, but the 52 yard try falls short of the crossbar. We appear to have the game in hand late in the 4th when Casey Snyder picks up a 1st down with 2:15 left. Unfortunately, Harris Bennett fumbles ht eball on the very next play and KC takes over at their own 38. Thankfully, S Michael Griffin sacked Grossman on 1st down and DT Claude Wroten sacked him on 4th down to end the game.

Final Score: Miami 17, Kansas City 10