Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-20-2008, 12:06 PM   #4551
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Witch View Post
Are you asking why the Shadow King would want to protect the Vision? I don't think he did try to protect him. Or are you asking why I want to protect him? All I did was let you know he was telling the truth. I said it was far-fetched, but I think it's been about as proven as it can be. The fact that you refuse to believe me leads me to think you have something you want to get out of this.

Getting the truth out of it would be a nice start, since I highly doubt we have heard much of that so far with this story.
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:06 PM   #4552
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

I'm still not altogether sure why we are taking Cable's word for it that we can't lynch him today.
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:07 PM   #4553
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
I'm still not altogether sure why we are taking Cable's word for it that we can't lynch him today.

perhaps it is worth a shot to try. Can have some people vote for cable and others for Vision, that way if Cable isn't available to be lynched, we still have a fallback and not leave room for someone like Scarlet Witch to try to manipulate the vote.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:07 PM   #4554
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
Why haven't you tried to posess multiple people at once prior to now? You could have taken over the game by now if you had posessed a new person every day. Why don't you have like 8 or 9 people posessed all working for you now?

You cannot imagine the strain it would take to possess more than two people at once - even that is very difficult, and my energy is not infinite. I had no reason to possess multiple people before, as it would have drained me.

I tried today in order to continue being able to converse with the Witch.
Scarlet Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:09 PM   #4555
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic

I don't know who you are asking this question of. Is it me? if so, who is he? Vision?

Yes, I was asking you. And 'he' was Vision -- the other Prelate besides you and Magneto. Anyway, I still don't get why one of the Prelates *has* to die. Why don't we keep having Prelates order people to guard them, and hope for the best?
Old 10-20-2008, 12:11 PM   #4556
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Yes, I was asking you. And 'he' was Vision -- the other Prelate besides you and Magneto. Anyway, I still don't get why one of the Prelates *has* to die. Why don't we keep having Prelates order people to guard them, and hope for the best?

That is how I have felt up until today and I actually was the main one saying that every day it did not make sense to go after a prelate until we found proof against them.

Today we have proof against Vision that rooted you out of the closet with your crazy act. The catch is, once Vision is dead, that creates a bigger concern about keeping me safe in case Magneto is bad. I actually feel much better about Magneto now then I did yesterday if all things matter much. Vision on the other hand for some reason you don't want him to die and I am curious to why.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:13 PM   #4557
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
I actually feel much better about Magneto now then I did yesterday if all things matter much.

That does matter to me, actually. You might have said why earlier today, but I missed it. Can you run it by me again?
Old 10-20-2008, 12:13 PM   #4558
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

And again, I don't think I ever said I don't want the Vision to die. I just said that he wasn't lying.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:15 PM   #4559
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
That does matter to me, actually. You might have said why earlier today, but I missed it. Can you run it by me again?

I don't have any reason to feel worse about him then yesterday, and in fact the way he has handled himself in regards to Spiderman wanting a guard, and regarding Punisher pushing for the oust of Magneto makes me feel that a rebel in an end game play wouldn't play it that way. Maybe I am wrong, but I just like the way he has played it today so far.

Quote:
And again, I don't think I ever said I don't want the Vision to die. I just said that he wasn't lying.

You never did explain the reason why you felt the need to out yourself once Vision started getting heat. What was the motivation for the shadow king?
Old 10-20-2008, 12:17 PM   #4560
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
I don't have any reason to feel worse about him then yesterday, and in fact the way he has handled himself in regards to Spiderman wanting a guard, and regarding Punisher pushing for the oust of Magneto makes me feel that a rebel in an end game play wouldn't play it that way. Maybe I am wrong, but I just like the way he has played it today so far.

Agreed. I thought Mags would try to go out kicking and screaming.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:19 PM   #4561
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
You never did explain the reason why you felt the need to out yourself once Vision started getting heat. What was the motivation for the shadow king?

I thought that was obvious -- since he was taking heat for lying when I knew he wasn't, I figured I should set things straight. As for the Shadow King's motivation, I didn't really ask him if it was okay.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:21 PM   #4562
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
I thought that was obvious -- since he was taking heat for lying when I knew he wasn't, I figured I should set things straight. As for the Shadow King's motivation, I didn't really ask him if it was okay.

Ahh, then thanks for setting everything straight. It is all perfectly clear in my mind now
Old 10-20-2008, 12:22 PM   #4563
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

I'll agree on that point -- I did see a post by Magneto that seemed to take his potential ousting with some dignity. I'll definitely grant him that.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:22 PM   #4564
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
This is like a WW version of Donnie Darko. Which one of you two is the giant white rabbit?
[ooc]more like a blade/bek feel to me[/ooc]
Old 10-20-2008, 12:25 PM   #4565
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Ahh, then thanks for setting everything straight. It is all perfectly clear in my mind now

It seems like you're saying this sarcastically (and i LOLed), but the rest of your posts seem like you really DO have it clear in your mind -- that I'm just completely full of it. I don't think you've made ANY attempt to believe my story, only to discredit it.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:26 PM   #4566
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
[ooc]more like a blade/bek feel to me[/ooc]

(ooc) If anything, it's the opposite of that. "No...I really am two people....really!" (/ooc)
Old 10-20-2008, 12:30 PM   #4567
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

(ooc) Wait...maybe that IS exactly like blade/bek. Great. Just great. (/ooc)
Old 10-20-2008, 12:33 PM   #4568
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

[ooc] Let's just stick with Donnie Darko, that's one of my favorite movies. [/ooc]
Old 10-20-2008, 12:33 PM   #4569
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
It seems like you're saying this sarcastically (and i LOLed), but the rest of your posts seem like you really DO have it clear in your mind -- that I'm just completely full of it. I don't think you've made ANY attempt to believe my story, only to discredit it.

Perhaps you will have to excuse the skeptic in me here, but I just feel your story is really farfetched.. It doesn't match up with other info we have and it just is hard for me to believe. I would respond to some of your other claims that I find to be pretty bogus (like when you said posessing Vision was submitted for a day action today even though he posted before the night writeup was even done about it), but maybe you are right.. maybe I have made a decision in my mind and it is going to be hard to convince me otherwise now.

Your play in regards to Vision has been predictable and my curiosity now is leading me to wonder why. My report this morning forced your hand to do your reveal, even though your reveal doesn't seem to make much sense at that time. if what you say is the truth, you would have revealed it over the weekend and not wait to reveal it in order to save Vision (whom you say you don't want to save). Then you come up with one reason why Vision shouldn't be lynched, so we find a solution around that and now you come up with another reason why vision shouldn't be lynched even though the entire time you say you don't care if he dies.

Maybe I do get too hard headed when I feel my mind is made up, but so far I just don't buy what is being sold to me here.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:36 PM   #4570
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
So if you all wanted to remove Magneto as a prelate, that means the current three prelates don't take part in that vote. So that leaves 5 people..

Hoopsguy to oust a prelate today, does that mean only 3 of the non-prelates have to vote to oust a prelate? since 3 -2 would be majority vote?

This is correct - the Madri vote is restricted to the non-prelates. And there aren't all that many of them left at this point in the game.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:37 PM   #4571
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Your play in regards to Vision has been predictable and my curiosity now is leading me to wonder why. My report this morning forced your hand to do your reveal, even though your reveal doesn't seem to make much sense at that time. if what you say is the truth, you would have revealed it over the weekend and not wait to reveal it in order to save Vision (whom you say you don't want to save). Then you come up with one reason why Vision shouldn't be lynched, so we find a solution around that and now you come up with another reason why vision shouldn't be lynched even though the entire time you say you don't care if he dies.

That's not what I did at that point at all. I said something to the effect of, "Fine, kill the Vision. Just don't oust Magneto at the same time."
Old 10-20-2008, 12:38 PM   #4572
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Does my removal as a prelate also remove me from the game?

Still around, just can't issue orders.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:38 PM   #4573
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:

I think I have a way for us to cover our butt and still try to take out Cable.

I -think- I have the ability to take out Vision single handedly as long as he doesn't do any kind of special defense. If he does a defense, I might need a little help.

so several people can attack Cable in the chance he is just bluffing, and only I (and perhaps 1-2 people) can put an attack on Vision. Worst case, Cable isn't able to be lynched today and we still get Vision. Best case, we get both of them.

If Vision does a defense move though, it could be an issue.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:39 PM   #4574
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
That's not what I did at that point at all. I said something to the effect of, "Fine, kill the Vision. Just don't oust Magneto at the same time."

So what does that accomplish other than the possibility of Magneto or Spiderman dying at night instead?
Old 10-20-2008, 12:40 PM   #4575
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Man View Post
Hoops - if Magneto orders someone to protect me and is then ousted as prelate, will the guard order stick?

Yes. He will get his final day order.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:42 PM   #4576
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
I think I have a way for us to cover our butt and still try to take out Cable.

I -think- I have the ability to take out Vision single handedly as long as he doesn't do any kind of special defense. If he does a defense, I might need a little help.

so several people can attack Cable in the chance he is just bluffing, and only I (and perhaps 1-2 people) can put an attack on Vision. Worst case, Cable isn't able to be lynched today and we still get Vision. Best case, we get both of them.

If Vision does a defense move though, it could be an issue.
Works for me.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:54 PM   #4577
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Hoops -- Is removal as a Prelate immediate or is it an end of the day thing, done at the same time as the lynching?

Same time as lynching.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:58 PM   #4578
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

I've given my order to protect Spider-Man today. Clearing Spider-Man, and his seer-power, seems ery important to me. So I will put my vote on Cable and we'll see what's what.

STANDARD ATTACK ON CABLE
Old 10-20-2008, 01:03 PM   #4579
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
So what does that accomplish other than the possibility of Magneto or Spiderman dying at night instead?

The possibility of Magneto NOT dying. Your plan had you as the lone Prelate, which I would rather not see. I'd like to see Spider-Man live, but if we're going to kill the Vision, we'd better make damn sure we're keeping Magneto alive, because I'm going to fight like hell against any plan that leaves us with just one Prelate, no matter who it is.

What about having the Vision order someone to guard Spider-Man? If the Vision, unguarded, doesn't get killed, then we go after him. The problem with this is that the rebels will surely leave him alone knowing that that's our plan. Maybe it just buys him one more day, but at least we'll save him a day.

I think at this point, I'm about to give up on this. I've been combatative, mostly because I feel like we're attaking a Prelate based on false evidence, and I'm scared of Prelates going down. But, that alone doesn't win the game for the rebels -- if they have one Prelate, they still have to kill another. Who's guarding each of the Prelates now? I'll go back and look, but with my lag, I may not be succesful, so if you guys know off-hand, that would be great.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:10 PM   #4580
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

I have ordered Punisher, I think, to guard Spider-Man. GhostRider is protecting Mr. F.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:20 PM   #4581
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

As long as you're sure that Punisher was not given an order yesterday, we should be okay. It will be doubly scary in Scarlet-Witch-land for the next day or so -- it's already been singly scary with the Shadow King around here (ooc by the way, he treats this body really crappily -- switched the time zone, and reads PMs from the mods, then doesn't mark them unread), but the Prelate situation will make it doubly scary. Very nerve-wracking.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:22 PM   #4582
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
As long as you're sure that Punisher was not given an order yesterday, we should be okay. It will be doubly scary in Scarlet-Witch-land for the next day or so -- it's already been singly scary with the Shadow King around here (ooc by the way, he treats this body really crappily -- switched the time zone, and reads PMs from the mods, then doesn't mark them unread), but the Prelate situation will make it doubly scary. Very nerve-wracking.

That is the catch, Punisher was given an order yesterday. I listed earlier once or twice, but I believe that Spiderman and Ghostrider were not guards yesterday. That was part of the plan earlier with Magneto being ousted, I would change the order to have Ghost Rider guard Spiderman instead.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:25 PM   #4583
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

You've got to let Ghost Rider go, then, for me to be able to issue the order. I cannot override you.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:25 PM   #4584
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:

(ooc) I didn't switch the time zone, how'd that happen? And my bad about the PM. (/ooc)
Old 10-20-2008, 01:28 PM   #4585
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
You've got to let Ghost Rider go, then, for me to be able to issue the order. I cannot override you.

That is what I said I was going to do.. but I won't do it if there is a chance that you remain a prelate and I remain a prelate with no guard. I think that is perhaps the only thing that Scarlet Witch and I will agree upon today as being dangerous.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:31 PM   #4586
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
That is what I said I was going to do.. but I won't do it if there is a chance that you remain a prelate and I remain a prelate with no guard. I think that is perhaps the only thing that Scarlet Witch and I will agree upon today as being dangerous.

Actually the override is a good point though, I can always override your guard of spiderman by putting Ghost rider to guard me if it seems that we could end up in a risky situation (with Magneto being the only prelate left if I am night killed). So no harm in me releasing ghostrider for now. I can always order him back if need be.

Revoke guard order for Ghost Rider
Old 10-20-2008, 01:31 PM   #4587
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

WHat I am advising is that you order Punisher or someone to guard yourself so that I can issue an order to Ghost Rider to guard Spider-Man before I leave in 30 mins.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:31 PM   #4588
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

REVOKE ORDER FOR PUNISHER
ORDER GHOST RIDER TO GUARD SPIDER-MAN
Old 10-20-2008, 01:32 PM   #4589
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
WHat I am advising is that you order Punisher or someone to guard yourself so that I can issue an order to Ghost Rider to guard Spider-Man before I leave in 30 mins.

Easy there, cowboy. No reason to get hostile. I already did remove Ghost Rider.

I don't necessarily trust Punisher though, I might instead order you to guard me tonight. I just realized I could do that as well. SInce you did not guard last night.

Order Magneto to Guard Mr.Fantastic
Old 10-20-2008, 01:33 PM   #4590
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

I don't see how you could end up with no guard, Mr. F. If he 'takes' GhostRider from you, then you take the Punisher, right? If he doesn't let go of the Punisher, you just take back GhostRider.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:34 PM   #4591
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

But, Mr. F -- wouldn't that mean that if someone attacks you, then Magneto dies?
Old 10-20-2008, 01:34 PM   #4592
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
I don't see how you could end up with no guard, Mr. F. If he 'takes' GhostRider from you, then you take the Punisher, right? If he doesn't let go of the Punisher, you just take back GhostRider.

Punisher guarded last night. He can refuse to guard tonight if he wants. I refuse to let us lose the game because I didn't cover my butt with the guarding tonight.

I think the way I handled it by ordering Magneto to guard is much better.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:35 PM   #4593
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
But, Mr. F -- wouldn't that mean that if someone attacks you, then Magneto dies?

Yes it does.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:36 PM   #4594
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Witch
(ooc) I didn't switch the time zone, how'd that happen? And my bad about the PM. (/ooc)

Great, now I'm Schmidty. Anyway, it wasn't a problem, I was just giving you crap!
Old 10-20-2008, 01:36 PM   #4595
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Yes it does.

Which is no different then if they attack Magneto who has no guard anyways.. Stop trying to be difficult Scarlet Witch.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:36 PM   #4596
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Yes it does.

Then change it.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:37 PM   #4597
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Then change it.

Why?
Old 10-20-2008, 01:42 PM   #4598
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Which is no different then if they attack Magneto who has no guard anyways.. Stop trying to be difficult Scarlet Witch.

Doesn't Magneto have GhostRider guarding him?
Old 10-20-2008, 01:44 PM   #4599
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Doesn't Magneto have GhostRider guarding him?

Magneto has ghostrider guarding Spiderman.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:45 PM   #4600
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Post 4600 just to make Hoopsguy happy.