Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-28-2006, 04:45 PM   #201
Fouts
College Starter

I am also suspicous of anyone who claims no night actions. I am just about a nobody, and I have, at least, a choice of visiting a prostitute.

I am not against changing my vote to st. cronin.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 04:45 PM   #202
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I believe it's been confirmed a couple times already. I agree it certainly makes me not want to vote Fouts.

I hate to read big things into day 1 comments, but it struck me that st.cronin seemed surprised that people got night 0 info. It's likely not anything, but it's somewhat better than random.....I thought it was obvious that there could have been a lot going on last night, so any surprise makes me wonder if they have a different role.

Vote st.cronin

This is incorrect. I was merely saying that my best guess as to what role hoopsguy was hinting at, it didn't make any sense for him to hint at it. I was simply pointing out what I thought was an odd play.

I have said that I did not get any information last night, but of course some people got information last night. That's what night 0 is for, to allow certain roles to get a jump on the rest of us.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 04:46 PM   #203
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
See, that is what I thought at first. After rereading it, it looks like blade is suspicious of Barkeep for going after hoops so early.

The comments barkeep made were suspicious, but knowing barkeep, for him to go after hoopsguy on day 1 is suprising to me. So i take it as more then just a random day 1 vote...which side is evil, i dont know..but i at least felt it seemed anything but random
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 04:47 PM   #204
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Hoopsguy said he was "on the side of angels," and barkeep said he didnt think that was entirely true...to me that means he saying hoopsguy isnt good, or at least not an angel. You can draw your own conclusions from it, i have one that i dont care to share yet, but putting pressure on the only one of the two here(barkeep is awol) will hopefully net us some more information

One can argue that none of us are angels. Most are prostitues, or people who visit prostitutes.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:47 PM   #205
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I have said that I did not get any information last night, but of course some people got information last night. That's what night 0 is for, to allow certain roles to get a jump on the rest of us.

Wrong.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:48 PM   #206
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

I am also suspicous of anyone who claims no night actions. I am just about a nobody, and I have, at least, a choice of visiting a prostitute.

Where have I said I have no night actions?

knives out
Old 11-28-2006, 04:48 PM   #207
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm not sure what you're getting at. It looked like hoops was giving incomplete information, on purpose, and Barkeep was pointing it out. Barkeep then gave what looked like an obligatory Day 1 vote on hoops.

Am I missing something important?
Not from my perspective. My plans got canceled so I'm around for the night after all.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 04:49 PM   #208
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Wrong.

Oh, ok. What information did I get last night?

knives out
Old 11-28-2006, 04:50 PM   #209
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Wrong.

Night 0, in general, is a game period in which players with actions can gain information. I have never seen one where players were killed, so i would agree that night 0 is a time for players to get a jump start on gaining information.

While im not a fan of most of cronin's comments here-to-fore, that one in particular threw up no red flags for me. Care to elaborate?
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:51 PM   #210
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade, you got your wish - Barkeep is now viewing the thread as well. So you can ask him directly about his vote, or ask me to provide additional information.

But I do have to leave in about 10 minutes and I'll be watching the Illini game this evening. So if you want new info from me before about 9PM CST I would ask that you ask quickly.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 04:51 PM   #211
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:

So why do you want to visit a prostitute? You don't have to answer this if you don't want, but I was wondering what would make someone visit a whore.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:52 PM   #212
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Oh, ok. What information did I get last night?

You said night 0 was for certain roles to get a jump on the rest of us. I said that was wrong. I am a regular joe and I had night actions on night 0.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:54 PM   #213
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
So why do you want to visit a prostitute? You don't have to answer this if you don't want, but I was wondering what would make someone visit a whore.

To know who is on the side of the "good".
Old 11-28-2006, 04:54 PM   #214
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Blade, you got your wish - Barkeep is now viewing the thread as well. So you can ask him directly about his vote, or ask me to provide additional information.

But I do have to leave in about 10 minutes and I'll be watching the Illini game this evening. So if you want new info from me before about 9PM CST I would ask that you ask quickly.

To be honest, i dont want to ask you a thing. For the time being im going to work under the assumption i know what role your playing and worry about other things in the short run. I would very much like to lean more about barkeep, and i figured with him gone you could help me there. With him back, you have fun watching the illini.
Demotivation
Old 11-28-2006, 04:56 PM   #215
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
You said night 0 was for certain roles to get a jump on the rest of us. I said that was wrong. I am a regular joe and I had night actions on night 0.

To expand, I believe everyone has night actions in this game. I'm sure my small role is duplicated, so my death is a small matter compared to one of the named roles.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:56 PM   #216
st.cronin
General Manager

So far I have been accused of claiming to be surprised that people had night actions, which I never said, and that I claimed to have no night actions, which I never said.

So people are voting for me based on things I never said.

All I have ever said is that I got no information last night, and that people who did get information should share it.

knives out
Old 11-28-2006, 04:57 PM   #217
hoopsguy
General Manager

Just as a point of clarification, I did not see Fouts at all last night. So when I suggested not voting for him, it was because I think the 5 shillings comment is easily verifiable either today or tomorrow at latest. It would be a dumb lie for a good player to be caught in on Day 1.

So I would prefer not voting for Fouts, me, or three other players. Right now there is a total of one vote spread across those other three players.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:01 PM   #218
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
What makes you think "regular joe" is not a "certain role"?

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 05:04 PM   #219
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Barring a Barkeep role reveal I do not think it is a good idea to vote Hoops today. I think there is enough information out there to make a solid guess as to his role.
dubb93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 05:05 PM   #220
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'll put a vote on someone who is not on my list of trust right now and who did not in any way identify himself upon his arrival. Beyond that, there is no real reason for suspicion - there are about six people who fit the above profile.

I don't think people should take this with any more weight than I'm suggesting. I've got a slightly better chance on a random guess than some other players in the game right now but that is it.

VOTE SWAGGS
Old 11-28-2006, 05:05 PM   #221
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

And with that I'm out until probably after the deadline. Time to go back to work. I'm sticking with my Saldana vote, its random, but thats all I feel like we got at this point.
dubb93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 05:09 PM   #222
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Caught up on the day. Its moved a bit slower than I expected it to. Not sure on why things were fairly quiet today.

Just from my initial reading of day 1, this is my feelings on people so far.

Feel ok:

Fouts
BrianD
Raiders Army

Leaning to ok:
Hoops
Path

Leaning to not ok:
St.Cronin
Bulletsponge
Barkeep

Everyone else I don't really have a feel for yet.

I'm going to only be here occasionally tonight and might miss the final 2 hours. Right now I am leaning towards voting for Izulde, however can vote St.Cronin if thats the way people run.

If people wonder why Izulde when he is not on my list of people I am getting suspicious of, its mostly a day 1 vote more random than anything else. He stated he would be here off and on today, however it appears its been more off than on, and hasn't been around to even comment on Bullet's vote for him for about 15 seconds earlier today. Izulde would be more of a day 1 hunch vote for me based on very little right now, and my normal desire to vote for a "newer" player to start with till we figure out the evidence.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 05:10 PM   #223
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
What makes you think "regular joe" is not a "certain role"?

Because I think there are multiple prostitutes, and multiple people who visit prostitutes. I am certain there are 2-5 people just like me in this game.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:14 PM   #224
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Caught up on the day. Its moved a bit slower than I expected it to. Not sure on why things were fairly quiet today.

Just from my initial reading of day 1, this is my feelings on people so far.

Feel ok:

Fouts
BrianD
Raiders Army

Leaning to ok:
Hoops
Path

Leaning to not ok:
St.Cronin
Bulletsponge
Barkeep

Everyone else I don't really have a feel for yet.

I'm going to only be here occasionally tonight and might miss the final 2 hours. Right now I am leaning towards voting for Izulde, however can vote St.Cronin if thats the way people run.

If people wonder why Izulde when he is not on my list of people I am getting suspicious of, its mostly a day 1 vote more random than anything else. He stated he would be here off and on today, however it appears its been more off than on, and hasn't been around to even comment on Bullet's vote for him for about 15 seconds earlier today. Izulde would be more of a day 1 hunch vote for me based on very little right now, and my normal desire to vote for a "newer" player to start with till we figure out the evidence.

Why are you leaning towards "not ok" with me? Because I was surprised people got information on night 0, or because I claimed to have no night actions?

Because, you know, neither one of those things is true.

knives out
Old 11-28-2006, 05:17 PM   #225
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So far I have been accused of claiming to be surprised that people had night actions, which I never said, and that I claimed to have no night actions, which I never said.

So people are voting for me based on things I never said.

All I have ever said is that I got no information last night, and that people who did get information should share it.

Cronin, I can't answer for others, but I will explain why you independantly ended up on my starting to suspect list as best as I can. from these posts:

Quote:
I don't have any information, but some folks are hinting that there is information out there. I would like to have something to base my vote on, so out with it folks.

This was the initial post. It by itself didn't seem like a big deal to me. I also have no information to provide today, so this seemed fine to me.

Quote:
He says he got information on night 0.

This is the first ping on my radar today. You seem that Hoops is hinting at a role because he got information on night 0. This would tell me that you would expect some players in the game wouldn't be able to gain any kind of information at all.

I know I probably have one of the most simple basic roles in the game, and still I know that I have a way to get information at nights if I choose to do it. I chose to not pursue that option and instead spent some money in a different manner. The fact I as an "ordinary villager" type role has the ability to get information, that tells me that you aren't an ordinary villager. This alone doesn't make you bad, but it makes me wonder what you are exactly.

Quote:
Why? Do you think everybody got information on night 0? Because I didn't.

This is follow up on my belief that you feel some people can't get information. True, not everyone got information on night 0, I as well didn't so that part of your statement isn't what bothers me, its more the inferrance that you had that others who did get info are hinting at roles, which I do not think is the case this game.

Quote:
This is incorrect. I was merely saying that my best guess as to what role hoopsguy was hinting at, it didn't make any sense for him to hint at it. I was simply pointing out what I thought was an odd play.

Old 11-28-2006, 05:18 PM   #226
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Why are you leaning towards "not ok" with me? Because I was surprised people got information on night 0, or because I claimed to have no night actions?

Because, you know, neither one of those things is true.

See my below post, was putting it together when you posted this. Like I said in it, Its not based on anything you claimed, more the red flag I got from your "suggestion" that people who got information night 0 = roles. It at least tells me you aren't ordinary like me.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:21 PM   #227
Tyrith
College Starter

cronin and barkeep are both acting a little weird for my tastes. I know, cronin ALWAYS acts weird, but this seems to be bad weird to me. Putting information out there on Day 1 seems not so smart when we don't have much reason to do so.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 05:22 PM   #228
st.cronin
General Manager

That makes no sense, Alan. You say that you got no information on night 0, and you're just a regular joe, and since I claimed to get no information on night 0, therefore I have a role.

Of course I have a role. I haven't said what that role is, but I am on the side of good. Do you deny that hoopsguy was hinting at a role? All I was doing with that was trying to figure out what role hoops was hinting at.

knives out
Old 11-28-2006, 05:24 PM   #229
Blade6119
Coordinator

VOTE BARKEEP

He has acted strange for my tastes today...his vote hinted at more, but has given nothing. Barkeep doesnt make moves like that one day one usually, and he is usually good...
Demotivation
Old 11-28-2006, 05:24 PM   #230
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
cronin and barkeep are both acting a little weird for my tastes. I know, cronin ALWAYS acts weird, but this seems to be bad weird to me. Putting information out there on Day 1 seems not so smart when we don't have much reason to do so.

I agree that there is a best time and place for information, and I am going to assume that nobody has the ability to finger a bad guy today, since nobody has. But is it so odd that somebody with zero information would look for some help from people WHO CLAIM TO HAVE INFORMATION on where to put his vote?

knives out
Old 11-28-2006, 05:26 PM   #231
st.cronin
General Manager

unvote ntndeacon
vote Barkeep

I was pretty baffled by Barkeep's play, as well. I really prefer to lynch a quiet player on day 1, and that's not Barkeep, but it looks like this is one of those games where everybody wants to lynch the more active types.

*sigh*

knives out
Old 11-28-2006, 05:28 PM   #232
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post

To be honest, i dont get this comment...those are 2 of the few players NOT putting information out there...most everyone else is doing their best to give away all the cards they hold to the bad guys.

(If you cant notice, im not a fan of publicizing secret alliances i have newly formed until it can deal a blow to the bad guys...today is not the right time for us to be sharing all of our night 0 visits if you ask me, as it only makes the bad guys job of finding the good roles that much easier if you assume they are doing other things at night besides scoring some tail)
Demotivation
Old 11-28-2006, 05:29 PM   #233
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
unvote ntndeacon
vote Barkeep

I was pretty baffled by Barkeep's play, as well. I really prefer to lynch a quiet player on day 1, and that's not Barkeep, but it looks like this is one of those games where everybody wants to lynch the more active types.

*sigh*

Who has been quiet? Has anyone not checked in yet?...besides, we had a night 0, so its not a normal day 1. If someone can account for barkeep, then ill move my vote. Ive heared no one vouch for him, and seen him hint at something against someone i have pegged into a role somewhat
Demotivation
Old 11-28-2006, 05:29 PM   #234
Barkeep49
Coordinator

You only make it a game like that if you vote for people who say a lot.

Blade: You have this mindset of how I play. And then I step out of that. Like the time when I was a good guy and you were convinced, convinced you told me, that I was a bad guy because I was being quiet. Except I was a good guy.

I'm always trying out new things. I am a good guy. Period. I'm sorry that I'm stepping outside your comfort zone with a throwaway vote on hoops. I would love a better candidate, but one hasn't emerged so far.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:30 PM   #235
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
To be honest, i dont get this comment...those are 2 of the few players NOT putting information out there...most everyone else is doing their best to give away all the cards they hold to the bad guys.

(If you cant notice, im not a fan of publicizing secret alliances i have newly formed until it can deal a blow to the bad guys...today is not the right time for us to be sharing all of our night 0 visits if you ask me, as it only makes the bad guys job of finding the good roles that much easier if you assume they are doing other things at night besides scoring some tail)
Yet you want someone to vouch for me? If we shouldn't publicize secret alliances then you shouldn't expect someone to vouch for me.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:32 PM   #236
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade: You have this mindset of how I play. And then I step out of that. Like the time when I was a good guy and you were convinced, convinced you told me, that I was a bad guy because I was being quiet. Except I was a good guy.

Actually, you were evil that game...if im not mistaken, it was the game dubb pulled his turncoat 2 for 1 swap and won the game for evil. All game i said you were bad, no one believed me, and you ended up bad...am i mistaken, or are you referencing a different game.

I am fairly certain though in the game i reference, the one i time i can remember going balls to the wall on you, you were bad and did enough for no one to support me
Demotivation
Old 11-28-2006, 05:33 PM   #237
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Who has been quiet? Has anyone not checked in yet?...besides, we had a night 0, so its not a normal day 1. If someone can account for barkeep, then ill move my vote. Ive heared no one vouch for him, and seen him hint at something against someone i have pegged into a role somewhat

What about the guy I initially voted for, ntn? Or Izulde? Or Raiders, or Schmidty, or ... there's plenty of folks who have been quiet.

knives out
Old 11-28-2006, 05:33 PM   #238
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Yet you want someone to vouch for me? If we shouldn't publicize secret alliances then you shouldn't expect someone to vouch for me.

I dont want anyone to vouch for you, no...i would have prefered no one said anything about their actions until later in the game. Just like the seer, i prefer he not reveal until late when he can be truly helpful.

Though, whats done is done and i cannot ignore what is out there. I dont want people to share, but i must consider those that have.
Demotivation
Old 11-28-2006, 05:34 PM   #239
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
What about the guy I initially voted for, ntn? Or Izulde? Or Raiders, or Schmidty, or ... there's plenty of folks who have been quiet.

And if you can get anyone to vote for them ill oblige. Right now though i see barkeep as my best bet of my suspects to get a lynch, of which we need 1/3 of the total population.
Demotivation
Old 11-28-2006, 05:36 PM   #240
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That makes no sense, Alan. You say that you got no information on night 0, and you're just a regular joe, and since I claimed to get no information on night 0, therefore I have a role.

Of course I have a role. I haven't said what that role is, but I am on the side of good. Do you deny that hoopsguy was hinting at a role? All I was doing with that was trying to figure out what role hoops was hinting at.

Like I said, my suspicion of you isnt based on you getting information on night 0 or not. Just the way it felt that people getting info on night 0 = a role. I don't really like lynching vets on day 1 which is why I wasn't really pushing for you, just trying to give an explanation of why you feel suspicious to me.

You seem to be reacting really strongly to me when I was doing as you requested, just answering on what my feelings were based on.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:37 PM   #241
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Actually, you were evil that game...if im not mistaken, it was the game dubb pulled his turncoat 2 for 1 swap and won the game for evil. All game i said you were bad, no one believed me, and you ended up bad...am i mistaken, or are you referencing a different game.

I am fairly certain though in the game i reference, the one i time i can remember going balls to the wall on you, you were bad and did enough for no one to support me
The one time you went balls to the wall you were right, that is true. I'm talking a different game, I want to say around XXXV or so when I hardly posted. You were convinced this was a sign of my evil. I try out different things in different games. One only need look at the way I played Schmidty's Thing game compared to most of my games for proof of that. I try not to play the same game twice and so I'm not playing the same game twice here.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:39 PM   #242
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
And if you can get anyone to vote for them ill oblige. Right now though i see barkeep as my best bet of my suspects to get a lynch, of which we need 1/3 of the total population.

I would really prefer not to lynch Barkeep blindly. I'm going to move onto Izulde, who Alan and somebody else pointed out as being somewhat suspicious, and who has been quiet.

unvote Barkeep
vote Izulde

knives out
Old 11-28-2006, 05:39 PM   #243
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I doubt I'll vote for Barkeep today, even if it means us missing a lynch. I don't really like lynching our better players on day 1 hunches. I agree Barkeep has seemed really suspicious today to me, but I don't really want to vote for him. I said earlier I would move to St.Cronin if thats where people went, but I think in hindsight, I would rather avoid him too. Both are the most suspicious feeling to me so far today, but I am often wrong on hunches and would rather wait till I had more information to play so strongly on a hunch.

I'll throw a vote out for now

Vote Izulde

based on what I said earlier. I'll be around another hour or so and can move it if there is a better path to take tonight.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:41 PM   #244
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Like I said, my suspicion of you isnt based on you getting information on night 0 or not. Just the way it felt that people getting info on night 0 = a role. I don't really like lynching vets on day 1 which is why I wasn't really pushing for you, just trying to give an explanation of why you feel suspicious to me.

You seem to be reacting really strongly to me when I was doing as you requested, just answering on what my feelings were based on.

It gets tiring being seen as suspicious for the same reasons game after game, is all. Making my thought process public is just something I'm going to have to learn not to do.

knives out
Old 11-28-2006, 05:45 PM   #245
Tyrith
College Starter

I don't really want to lynch someone out of the cronin/blade/barkeep mess right now because it's another one of those weird fights we can use slightly later on to help us figure out possible alliances, once people take up sides around it a little better. It doesn't seem like something that's going to go away, so why rush it when there's a big chance we'll learn more tonight or tomorrow night?

That said, I could probably still be convinced to lynch Barkeep; he's the most suspicious of the three right now to me. But I'm not in a hurry to do it just because of that one post. Barkeep is certainly capable of varying his play, so I'm not going to lynch him just because of that either.

That brings us back to the old UTR game, but I don't know if we can get much gas behind it at this point. Everyone that has soaked a random vote actually seems to be at least mildly talkative now that cronin moved his vote from NTN. Suggestions?
Old 11-28-2006, 05:46 PM   #246
Tyrith
College Starter

Oh, the irony!

VOTE IZULDE
Old 11-28-2006, 05:46 PM   #247
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It gets tiring being seen as suspicious for the same reasons game after game, is all. Making my thought process public is just something I'm going to have to learn not to do.

I really wish you wouldn't take what I say and then say I'm doing something else.

There are plenty of vocal people out there, and I'm not after any of them. Some of the most vocal people have made my somewhat trusted early list. Others have fallen onto the not early trusted list. The others are in the unknown list.

Who am I voting for? Someone super active? No someone who has been quiet after saying he would be around some during the day. The reason you are suspicious is because the way you felt and made it fairly obvious to me that you dont have the "normal" role that I have. Whether that role you have is good or bad, I'm not sure but it feels very obvious to me that you don't have a generic role at least.

I was willing to leave our discussion as it was with my giving my thoughts on why I felt you were suspicious so far today, and you giving a rebuttle.. but don't come and mischaracterize my suspicion on you. Its absolutely crazy to think I would be after lynching active players on day 1. To even suggest that just feels really off to me. If anyone, I should be known for day 1 going after the Under the radar folks, the newer players, the ones I know the least about. Now you are just making up things.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:46 PM   #248
Tyrith
College Starter

Dola,

I should have dolaed that vote, it would have been much cooler.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:47 PM   #249
Blade6119
Coordinator

UNVOTE BARKEEP

VOTE IZULDE

Like i promised
Demotivation
Old 11-28-2006, 05:50 PM   #250
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

That bolded part is what I have problems with. It's not just certain roles that can get information, it's most every role as far as I can tell (at least for good).