Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: Should we allow people to switch teams?
Yes, they can move to a higher-rated team after they meet pre-selected criteria 10 83.33%
Yes, they can move to a lower-rated team after any season 0 0%
No, players should never be allowed to switch teams 2 16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-15-2008, 12:29 PM   #1
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

West Coast League: Should we allow people to switch teams?

Should we allow people to switch teams?

This question is for:

1. EaglesFan27
2. Hell Atlantic
3. bhlloy
4. cartman
5. Kodos
6. kingsnebwsu
7. Sir Fozzie
8. Galaxy
9. Sun Tzu
10. kcchief
11. Raiders Fan
12. Terps

Last edited by kingnebwsu : 06-15-2008 at 12:30 PM.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 12:54 PM   #2
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I would also say yes to the 2nd option as long as it was to a team with other humans in the conference.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 03:59 PM   #3
bhlloy
Coordinator

I like the idea of being able to progress to a better team, as long as there are some reasonably tough criteria in place for doing so. Maybe 2 consecutive top 25 finishes and victories in bowl games? And you can only move to a team that is x overall rating better than yours?

I don't want to get to a situation where everybody moves to a powerhouse in season 3 because the criteria are too easy to hit.

Last edited by bhlloy : 06-15-2008 at 03:59 PM.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 04:06 PM   #4
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We'll vote on the criteria for movement if this passes, and I'm in agreement that they should be difficult to hit and the movement should be limited (maybe 3-5 points overall rating at most.)
Old 06-15-2008, 04:43 PM   #5
Anthony
Banned

i don't have a prob with people switching teams. if we get a good group of 12 guys to play in this league then i don't want anyone to get burned out or bored playing with the same team and then leaving. as long as the same guy isn't jumping to a new team every season then some movement every so often will be fun. i don't think this will happen as much as you think - if the majority of humans are in certain conferences and Uber Team X is in a conference will all AI controlled teams then what would be the fun in that?
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 06:48 PM   #6
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Here's how I see this. I already know that I wont be switching teams. If the team I get doesn't quite match my typical style of play, then I'll recruit the kind of guys needed to match that style, and build my team over time. I like the idea of knowing that X person controls Y team, be it year 2 or year 12. Say I have to play Michigan State in week 8, I want to KNOW that it's going to be Kingsnebwsu, and not think "oh, well two years ago it was kingsneb, is it still him?..let me check...oh no wait now it's the CPU and kingsneb upgraded to OSU..." If people start jumping around to different teams, I think it would take a bit of the fun out of it (at least for me). BUT...If somebody out there wants to jump ship because he's burnt out or whatever, then fine let him do it...but we definetely need to set some criteria on who, how, and when. Possible options could include the following...

How many years with a single team do you need to have first? 2? 5? 8?
Would they need to finish with a top 25 record for a certain number of years consecutively? 2? 3? 4?
How many OVR points should they be able to have leeway with? 2? 3? 4?
Old 06-15-2008, 08:02 PM   #7
Galaxy
Coordinator

I think that you have should to stay with a team at least 10 years.

Last edited by Galaxy : 06-15-2008 at 08:39 PM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 08:30 PM   #8
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

If enough people vote yes to moving teams, we'll definitely do several polls to determine the restrictions on moving, including how many years you have to stay with 1 team, what criteria have to be completed before you can move, how much overall rating you can move up, whether you have to stay in conference, and anything else pertinent that people can think of.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 06-15-2008 at 08:31 PM.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:23 PM   #9
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

If I wind up taking over Commish duties after the first season, bribes may be acceptable. I'm not saying it's going to guarantee getting your team, but I'm just saying...it might not hurt.

I also enjoy sex.

I'm just saying.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:34 PM   #10
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
If I wind up taking over Commish duties after the first season, bribes may be acceptable. I'm not saying it's going to guarantee getting your team, but I'm just saying...it might not hurt.

I also enjoy sex.

I'm just saying.

If it's in the game, it's in the game.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:38 PM   #11
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Rated E for Everyone.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 04:27 PM   #12
Terps
College Prospect

I think we should be able to move teams but as has been said, after meeting certain criteria and having certain rules in place.
Terps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 05:54 PM   #13
Galaxy
Coordinator

I voted on No. 1, but it depends on criteria (I actually think you should have equal "coach prestige" to the team you want to move to; and also you should be allowed to move to lower-rated teams as well).
Old 06-17-2008, 01:40 PM   #14
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwhit
I voted no. We are going into this trying to set up the league so that there is a level of fairness built in. I don't think it's a good idea to have people moving up to a higher rated team because then they have an advantage over the others in the league. AND they're likely moving up because they have been successful (which means they are probably better players at the game anyway).

So it seems like it would mean that the best players get the best teams which doesn't sound very fun from a competitive point of view.

Kwhit posted this in the east coast thread. I thought he made a very good point. Now I'm not saying we should change it to no, but I think we should make it pretty damn difficult to switch teams.
Old 06-17-2008, 01:43 PM   #15
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I agree the criteria must be set high, but I think people should be able to switch teams. Realistically, how many seasons will we play? I'd say no more than 12 probably, since a reasonable goal would be one per month.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 02:10 PM   #16
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The yes votes clearly carry the day here. I'm going to set up some polls later today/tonight to help us develop some criteria, but I'm definitely of the opinion that the criteria should be very high.