Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-31-2008, 05:34 PM   #51
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Oh shit..forgot all about this. If someone can't play, I will be more than willing to replace them!

Karlifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 06:02 PM   #52
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
Are we playing w/ 5 minute Q's or 7? I could care less...just wondering if this was decided on yet?

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe split down the middle and go with 6 minutes? Also, what about sliders?
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 06:23 PM   #53
Mike1409
High School Varsity

In the poll thread that has most of the proposed rules: So I would assume 7?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
Unable to sleep, I figure I work something out. Hopefully this helps get me to sleep.

This is my proposal:

7 Minute quarters, All-American

18 Players will be randomly drawn (by assigning each player a number 1 through 18 and using the random number order generated to allocate each team to a division; the first team drawn will go to “A”, the second team to “B”, third to “C”, fourth to “A”, ect. ) into three, six-team divisions. Each team will play each divisional opponent once for a total of five group games.

The top three teams from each division will advance to the playoffs. The three divisional winners will get the top three seeds, with the best second-place team getting the fourth seed.

Here is my playoff idea (picture the order of how I list the pairings in a “bracket” format).

Play-In Game:
No. 9 at No. 8

Winner of No. 9/No. 8 at No. 1
No. 5 at No. 4
No. 6 at No. 3
No. 7 at No. 2

The higher seed will always have home-field advantage.

How we determine the seeds and tie-breakers:
1. Best Record
2. Head-to-Head
3. Point difference
4. Strength of Schedule
5. Least amount of points allowed per game

We can hold a draft lottery to set-up a draft order for teams. I propose we go with teams with a rating of 80 or lower. You are free to pick whoever you want regardless of conference and as long as that team is not taken.

When we do group stage, I say we allow for a time frame of when the games must be completed. As along as both players report the results whenever the play, that’s fine with me.

The championship game: Trout Bowl I
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 07:01 PM   #54
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Sweet, alright Sun Tzu, see you online in about 3 hours. Let's meet in the beginners lobby since the "Invite to Game" text message doesn't seem to work. Sound Good? I'll be on a bit earlier than 8 if you wanna get going.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 07:18 PM   #55
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
Oh shit..forgot all about this. If someone can't play, I will be more than willing to replace them!

If the guys don't mind, I would be willing to give you my spot (since I'm in the RFL and NOFL). I'll stay on as commissioner.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote