Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-09-2008, 11:45 PM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

NOFL: Week 1 Has Started! Deadline is Saturday (8/16) at 11:59 PM

The title says it all. Let's play some football.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 12:16 AM   #2
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Finally! I checked a few hours ago and it wasn't ready, and now it is! Hopefully we can all finish in less than a week so we can get this going faster than planned
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:54 AM   #3
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Played this morning and won 56-7. It sucked so bad because I threw an interception with my backup QB with 53 seconds to go and they ran it back for the TD.

Also in a way it's easier to recruit for Army than it is for OSU. Let's get this week done!
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 09:09 AM   #4
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

48-31
Old 08-10-2008, 11:28 AM   #5
Galaxy
Coordinator

No highlights?
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 12:00 PM   #6
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I thought about putting up highlights, but did not do so for two reasons:

1. Primarily, I don't know how to and I believe I no longer have access to the email or password for which I signed up on EA Sports' service.

2. I don't want you guys to "scout" me out that way.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:23 PM   #7
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We start off with rivalry game in our 1st week. It's raining heavily in Oregon, so we'll go with our ground game a lot this week if we can. Oregon is ranked 23rd in the polls, but their overall talent rating is only 81. Definitely, a winnable game for us.

Recap:

Kempt is struggling early and almost threw a pick on his first pass.

Our 4th play Locker with a great (clean) pitch to Hasty who goes 34 yards for the score. Up 7-0 with just over 4 minutes to go in the quarter. The next drive Locker with an option keeper where he breaks a tackle and jukes another man for a 30 yard TD run. Up 14-0 with 2:40 to go in the 1st. Locker throws a pick on our next drive.

On our next drive, Locker hits Broyles for a 34 yard completion and finishes it with a 16 yard TD scramble. Locker throws his 2nd pick at the end of the half as he tried to force a deep ball to get within FG range.

Washington is up 21-0 at the half as they have kept it on the ground mostly and we have stuffed them all game long.

A bad throw on our first drive of the 2nd half forces a punt as we fail to convert 3rd and 4.

Oregon finally starts throwing and puts together a good drive, but we stop them outside the 30. They miss the long FG. We are leading 21-0 at the end of 3. Locker throws his 3rd pick to end our drive. He's running well, he's throwing check downs well, but the long ball has not been good to him.

A QB sneak gets them a TD with just under 2 minutes to go. 21-7. After recovering the onside kick, we just run out the clock.

Locker was the player of the game despite the 3 interceptions. He completed 22 of 30 passes for 223 yards but 0 TD's.

He was also our leading rusher with 10 carries for 73 yards and 2 TD's. Hasty had 14 carries for 57 yards and a TD. Kravitz, our star FB was injured in the 2nd quarter but he had 4 carries for 21 yards before he left.

Our defense didn't force any picks, but we sacked their QB 5 times. Cameron Elisara, our best DT had 3 sacks this game (I controlled a DE the whole time.)

While 21-7 isn't as big as I was hoping, I can't complain against a rival in a hostile crowd. It doesn't get much easier as we host BYU next week. They are 20th in the polls.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:53 PM   #8
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Nice. 73 yards nd 2 TDs. I can guess that some plays broke down and he ran for it.
Old 08-10-2008, 01:11 PM   #9
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I think 3 of his runs were on broken plays. I ran a lot of option plays, but still couldn't get the rushing game going with Hasty (except for that one long run.)
Old 08-10-2008, 01:34 PM   #10
BigDPW
College Prospect

I am going to try and get my game off versus South Carolina tonight... I have played that game a bunch offline in play now and my offline dynasties (practice) and have only won once so we will need a little help...
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 01:55 PM   #11
Galaxy
Coordinator

What a wild and wacky game at Louisiana Tech. The Louisiana Tech Bulldogs almost pulled off an upset by scoring two defensive turnovers and nearly a game-winning drive at the end. Both our field goal kickers missed two attempts each in the first half.

On the final play of the first half, we give up the lead, 7-0.
[IMG] [/IMG]

We managed to take advantage of the defense in the third quarter to put us up 14-10 on a 73-yard bomb:
[IMG]

[/IMG]

Louisiana Tech forces a turnover just inside their 50 and runs it back for a touchdown, making it 17-14 early in the 4th quarter.

[IMG] [/IMG]

We strike with about four minutes left with halfback Anthony Dixon scoring on a screen from 22 yards out.

[IMG] [/IMG]

Louisiana Tech drives, down 21-17, in the final minute of the fourth quarter. Inside our 20, with around 19 seconds left, we end the game.
[IMG] [/IMG]

Last edited by Galaxy : 08-10-2008 at 11:39 PM.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:20 PM   #12
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

looks like it was a hell of a game Galaxy. gj on the win
Old 08-10-2008, 02:53 PM   #13
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
No highlights?

Nope, did it while falling asleep, and exited out when I shouldn't have
Old 08-10-2008, 06:02 PM   #14
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Kentucky beat Louisville in a hostile environment 56-10. The Wildcats were led to victory by a ball-hawking defense, as they forced SIX turnovers. This included 3 fumbles and 3 interceptions. The first defensive turnover that set the tone was a fumble forced by Kentucky's LB and picked up by the impact player at CB who ran it 66 yards for a TD. This gave UK the early lead at 7-0. The Wildcats never lost the lead in the game.

So yeah, we won the game pretty easily. I was really nervous early on, as Louisville moved the ball really well on me. Actually, they moved the ball on me pretty well all game long. I just forced turnovers when I had to. I've played like 30 games of NCAA and I think I recovered 3 fumbles total before this game. 3 fumbles recovered is a stat that I can't count on every game.

I'm still getting used to the sliders we're using. I definitely need to change my strategy when I play against the human opponents, as I've done nothing but play vs the AI for 3 weeks straight now. I think I'm going to struggle against LSU, Florida, Georgia, and Tennessee, plus the human opponents. My absolute worst case scenario for the season is 6-6. I would probably cry if that happened though I think my best case scenario for the season is 10-2 and an SEC (East?) divisional crown. Hopefully I can snag some good recruits. I have some solid 3-star guys into my school, but we'll see how many I can actually get.

It's weird playing in an online dynasty instead of an offline one. So much more pressure with every play. I don't think it will really matter until I'm playing an awesome AI team or a human opponent. That's when the pressure will be on.

So two-thirds of the teams are ready. We need to get the last 4 people on board so we can advance the week ASAP
Old 08-10-2008, 06:11 PM   #15
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
looks like it was a hell of a game Galaxy. gj on the win

Thanks. I'm not pleased with it, but I'll take it. We'll move onto our next game, another cupcake, with a better handle on things.

It was a hell of game. Too close for comfort. We need to stop giving up the ball and convert our field goals. We kept giving Tech the points and the chance to stay in the game. We didn't play "bad" (of course, we could have played better), just stupid mistakes. Plus, Louisiana Tech is tough to defend with the Texas Tech-style offense.

Not too complain; but is it just me, or are we beating teams too easily (I've noticed this in the RFL league as well). I can see if your LSU vs. some cupcake, you win by 65-13 or something. However, if your an average team playing a slightly less (or even a better rated team), it shouldn't be such a blowout. Or maybe I just suck.

Last edited by Galaxy : 08-11-2008 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Sorry about the second clip. Must of re-copied the first one. It should be the right clip now.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:25 PM   #16
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I think with the slider issues (being unable to give the CPU a boost due to CPU sliders not working) and playing on AA, most of us are going to win almost all of our games against the CPU.

Edit: I plan on discussing editing of the sliders after the patch comes out, to see if the league wants to try to slant them to have the CPU provide more challenge or not.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-10-2008 at 06:26 PM.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:54 PM   #17
Kodos
Resident Alien

One of our corners ran back an interception for a long TD on Kent State's first drive, and came up 5 yards short of doing it again on their second possession. Our Qb's first pass was a 5-yard TD a play later. From there, Kent State played a bit better, but we still cruised to a relatively easy 41-20 win. Missed another extra point. Gotta practice the kicking...
Old 08-10-2008, 06:59 PM   #18
Kodos
Resident Alien

I haven't learned the player names for BC yet, but boy oh boy is their QB (Crane?) slow compared to IU's Kellen Lewis. I was scrambling on a broken play, and he was running like his feet were in molasses. Yikes.

Last edited by Kodos : 08-10-2008 at 07:00 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 07:17 PM   #19
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDPW View Post
I am going to try and get my game off versus South Carolina tonight... I have played that game a bunch offline in play now and my offline dynasties (practice) and have only won once so we will need a little help...

I'll be curious to see how you do with NC State, since I took them over in EBFL. I upset Florida State in a single player dynasty I started to get used to the team, but South Carolina and Clemson(dear god Clemson is FAST) absolutely destroyed me.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 08:12 PM   #20
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Edit: I plan on discussing editing of the sliders after the patch comes out, to see if the league wants to try to slant them to have the CPU provide more challenge or not.

I will be for editing the sliders after our first season. If you edit the sliders mid-season, you are giving an advantage to the humans who played the better AI teams early in the season (and presumably had a better chance at winning). To me, this gives a disadvantage to the humans who have to play the better AI teams (I'm just talking in-conference) post-patch.

I'm very against any slider-tweaking mid-season. That is all
Old 08-10-2008, 08:26 PM   #21
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu View Post
I will be for editing the sliders after our first season. If you edit the sliders mid-season, you are giving an advantage to the humans who played the better AI teams early in the season (and presumably had a better chance at winning). To me, this gives a disadvantage to the humans who have to play the better AI teams (I'm just talking in-conference) post-patch.

I'm very against any slider-tweaking mid-season. That is all

Very good point. Reading that, I agree that we should wait until after the season to change sliders. Although, I still think we'll patch as soon as it is released as I'm sure people may want to enjoy it for SP and other leagues.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:03 AM   #22
BigDPW
College Prospect

Quote:
Very good point. Reading that, I agree that we should wait until after the season to change sliders. Although, I still think we'll patch as soon as it is released as I'm sure people may want to enjoy it for SP and other leagues.

The problem is that when we patch it will/may change the balance of the game significantly anyway due to the CPU sliders finally working (unless we have them set the same as the human sliders now?)
Old 08-11-2008, 08:14 AM   #23
Kodos
Resident Alien

We don't in RFL, but that'd be easy enough to remedy.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:51 AM   #24
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The problem is that when we patch it will/may change the balance of the game significantly anyway due to the CPU sliders finally working (unless we have them set the same as the human sliders now?)

I think I do actually, but if I don't, I'll change them to match once we patch.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:42 PM   #25
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Mixed week one for Colorado. We pull out a squeaker against Colorado State 20-17 thanks in part to some bizarre play calling from AI. I'm up by 10 in the fourth when their big running back breaks a screen pass for a 53-yard touchdown with 1:32. I go three and out and they get the ball back with :46 on their 20 ... and call a running play. They spike the ball on second down to stop the clock, throw in complete on third down and then their wide receiver runs out of bounds on fourth down for a 4 yard loss.

My freshman idiot drunken kicker missed two long field goals (not his fault) and a XP (his fault). The Rams missed a couple of field goals two, including clanging a 19-yarder off the upright from the right hash mark. I score three touchdowns, one on a 79-yard punt return and another on a 40-yard pick six.

On the bright side, I got my earliest commit ever -- the No. 3 DT, a 4-star pass rusher from Fort Collins, had made hard commit. Woo-hoo!
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 11:24 PM   #26
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I'm pretty sure we decided on not announcing commits until the following week. Am I right or wrong? Unless of course it updates live so everyone else in the dynasty can see it to. If the latter is right then just ignore my post altogether.

oh and uh...grats on the win

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 08-11-2008 at 11:24 PM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 09:42 AM   #27
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

dola...has everybody gotten their game in already? bhlloy and I are playing our game @ 6pm pacific on Thursday.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:59 AM   #28
BigDPW
College Prospect

I have not gotten mine in yet so don't feel too alone...
Old 08-12-2008, 10:13 AM   #29
Kodos
Resident Alien

Slackers!
Old 08-12-2008, 10:27 AM   #30
BigDPW
College Prospect

I plan to get it in tonight or tomorrow... Things have just been busy this week and on Sunday when I planned to play it my wife was going Olympic/Phelps/Gymnastics happy so the TV was pretty occupied...

To be honest your delay to Thursday has taken the pressure off of me - So thanks!

Sorry to the guys that are waiting...
Old 08-12-2008, 11:03 AM   #31
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

No big deal...when I checked yesterday mid-day I think there were 3 total games left to be played. I think there was one person who did all of his recruiting and played his game but didn't hit "ready to advance".
Old 08-13-2008, 08:17 AM   #32
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

*pokes cartman*
Old 08-13-2008, 09:25 AM   #33
BigDPW
College Prospect

Played my NC State opener away at South Carolina last night...

Finished a 24-38 loss. I was behind from the beginning when their QB scambled and through back across the field to their star RB and he shook two defenders and took it ~60 yrds to the endzone. Then their slot receiver took a post/slant to the house after splitting my safeties. There team had alot more speed than mine and with our slider set the speed factor seems to be accentuated...

I promptly scored to "get back into it" and stayed in the game until the end when they went up 14 again very late.
There were quite a few positives in this game:
- We had no turnovers (which was huge)
- Forced 2 INTs (both by my true freshman LB - Terrell Manning)
- My RB's both got some solid ground game going (Eugene had 100 yds rushing and 1 TD - Andre Brown had fewer yards and 1 TD)

If we could have stopped their offense more than a couple times during the game we probably could have turned this performance into a win...

Oh well, what did we expect going into the #21 ranked teams house with a very young Wolfpack team without any true superstars (except for maybe our DE - Willie Young but then again their is no such thing as a star DL in this game right...)
Old 08-13-2008, 09:50 AM   #34
Kodos
Resident Alien

Cartman sent me a note saying he is unexpectedly out of town until Saturday. In RFL, I set his team to auto so KWhit could play against the CPU. Not sure if EF27 plans to do the same in NOFL or not.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:52 AM   #35
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
(except for maybe our DE - Willie Young but then again their is no such thing as a star DL in this game right...)

I feel your pain. One of IU's best players, DE Greg Middleton (I think he led the country in sacks last season), is pretty much worthless in the game. My DT's actually get more sacks, usually on screen plays that aren't thrown in time.

Last edited by Kodos : 08-13-2008 at 09:53 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:17 AM   #36
Anthony
Banned

I really don't think its necessary to set things up to provide "more" of a challenge. we're all sub-80 rated teams playing on AA level - how much harder is this going to get? i was Duke playing against Baylor and even though i won the game it was unnecessarily hard. and this is sub-70 rated Baylor we're talking about. i'm not even pretending to be able to beat the Ohio States and Georgia's of the league.

and it'd be great if we could advance the week now, this is really dragging.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:06 AM   #37
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Cartman sent me a note saying he is unexpectedly out of town until Saturday. In RFL, I set his team to auto so KWhit could play against the CPU. Not sure if EF27 plans to do the same in NOFL or not.

Sorry to hear. At least he is keeping you informed. The good news is he did do the recruiting already for his team this week (at least for RFL team).

Last edited by Galaxy : 08-13-2008 at 11:07 AM.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:03 PM   #38
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I just got Cartman's PM this morning. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the current schedule has him as a bye this week. Hopefully, the CPU will do a good job of recruiting for him if he hasn't done it already. Since, he has told me that he won't be able to do things this week, I will advance it tonight if he is the only one we are waiting for. I really appreciate him communicating with me so we didn't waste extra days for no reason.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-13-2008 at 01:04 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:07 PM   #39
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
I really don't think its necessary to set things up to provide "more" of a challenge. we're all sub-80 rated teams playing on AA level - how much harder is this going to get? i was Duke playing against Baylor and even though i won the game it was unnecessarily hard. and this is sub-70 rated Baylor we're talking about. i'm not even pretending to be able to beat the Ohio States and Georgia's of the league.

and it'd be great if we could advance the week now, this is really dragging.

This slider set doesn't really make any more of a challenge than standard sliders. It is a bit more defensively oriented than standard sliders, but it is that way for both teams.

As far as advancing prematurely, the majority voted for 7 day time limits. I'm not going to arbitrarily change that without a majority saying they want it to change. It certainly isn't going to change without notice. However, I would like to keep things moving, and I hope we can have more communication like Cartman demonstrated. If he is the only one we are waiting for, we will advance tonight.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:54 PM   #40
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Since, he has told me that he won't be able to do things this week, I will advance it tonight if he is the only one we are waiting for.

bhlloy and I are scheduled to play out head to head week 1 game tomorrow (thursday) around 6pm pacific time. My recruiting is already done. I think he has to do his but as soon as we're done playing our game we should all be caught up.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:15 PM   #41
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Right, I remember reading that now. Sounds good, and I'll check tomorrow evening to see if everyone else is done and advance if they are.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:56 PM   #42
DeToxRox
Head Coach

EBFL is about to pass you chumps up.

EAST SIDE
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 04:05 PM   #43
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Sounds good. Let's keep this thing going
Old 08-13-2008, 09:36 PM   #44
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Looks like we're playing our game tonight in about 30-45 mins. EF27 if you're up in 2 hours or so we should be good to advance.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:47 PM   #45
bhlloy
Coordinator

Sun destroyed me 49-21 including 5 picks, a fumble and over 11ypc on the ground. At least I have a little while before playing another human opponent so I can get better (hopefully)
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 11:50 PM   #46
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

gg man...Definitely wasn't your night tonight. At least we got your router thing worked out. I'll post 1 highlight per quarter on here, including your very impressive pick 6 in the second quarter.

EF we should be all set. Bring on week 2!
Old 08-14-2008, 12:10 AM   #47
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

This allowed me to go up 14-0 in the first quarter, giving me great field position.

This one brought bhlloy back into the game in the 2nd quarter, bringing him to within a touchdown of tying it. Great return...

This was a big play in the 3rd quarter, putting me back up by several scores.

This is the straw that broke the camels back, very early in the 4th quarter.

I also had 2 pick 6's and a kickoff returned for a TD. My stud CB Osaisai scored two TD's in this game.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:19 AM   #48
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
gg man...Definitely wasn't your night tonight. At least we got your router thing worked out. I'll post 1 highlight per quarter on here, including your very impressive pick 6 in the second quarter.

EF we should be all set. Bring on week 2!

The week will be advanced at approximately 6:30 tonight when I get home from work.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:21 AM   #49
BigDPW
College Prospect

Quote:
The week will be advanced at approximately 6:30 tonight when I get home from work.

Slacker
Old 08-14-2008, 05:28 PM   #50
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Great. I'll do week 2 tonight!