Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-03-2008, 12:44 PM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

EBFL Week 6!!! Files due Tuesday, September 9th at 11 pm!!!

Matchups this week ..

Colorado (2-2) vs Texas (2-2)
Rutgers (4-0) vs #16 West Virginia (3-1)
Arkansas (4-0) vs #3 Florida (4-0)
Kentucky (3-1) vs Alabama (2-3)
Virginia (3-1) vs Maryland (4-1)
NC State (2-3) vs #25 Boston College (4-0)
Oklahoma State (4-0) vs #19 Texas A&M (4-0)
Pitt (2-2) vs USF (4-1)
North Carolina (2-2) vs UConn (2-3)

#24 Mississippi State - Bye Week

Two human games this week .. the Big 12 battle between Logan and Ironhead should be a war.

Note to KWhit - Karl, USF's owner, had his XBox stolen so you might be playing the CPU this week, but I'll keep you posted.

Good luck all!

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 02:25 PM   #2
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I __HATE__ EA.

For the third time I get the dirty disc. It happened twice in RFL, and now once here. I keep forgetting to load up the Xbox the proper way to cut down on the DDE.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:53 PM   #3
Logan
Head Coach

Finally, a game against a human.

How's your schedule looking Ironhead? I may be able to play tonight (10ish, possibly earlier), tomorrow and Friday are both not looking great, Saturday I can do before 2 but I have a wedding so that could get dicey, Sunday should be free all day/night. Going out of town for work midday Monday so I can even do Monday morning if you're around.

I have no clue what to expect...don't think he and I have matched-up yet on XBL. Nevertheless, this is the start of why I picked this conference.

Last edited by Logan : 09-03-2008 at 02:55 PM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 03:04 PM   #4
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Ugh, we lose to Texas 56-35, though the game was within 6 in the fourth quarter. From that point I threw a pick six to go down 13, and was forced to throw the rest of the time resulting in three and outs and more INT's. Texas was able to get short fields and buried me by 21.

This one hurt as we had a dozen players visiting.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:14 PM   #5
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Woot! Well, no game this week, but my two soft commits moved to firm commits so Miss. St. is welcoming in a 4* athlete and a 3* DE.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 04:30 PM   #6
Radii
Head Coach

NC State gets a big win over #25 Boston College to get their record back up to 3-3.

BC scored on a 60 yard TD pass on their first play, and got a 70 yard run for a TD early in the 3rd quarter. Other than that, we had them shut down and they struggled the entire game. We got 4 field goals in the first half(trailed 13-12 at the half) before finally getting it going and breaking out for 4 second half touchdowns to win.

NC State 39
Boston College 20

RB Jamelle Eugene was out for 2 quarters, which allowed us to get two backs over 100 yards. Eugene had 109 yards and 1 TD, backup Andre Brown had 123 yards and 2 TDs.

I was a bit nervous about this one. I don't usually struggle against BC in single player, but a loss would have dropped me to 2-4 with FSU, UNC, and Miami still on the schedule and worried about even making a bowl.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:24 PM   #7
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Finally, a game against a human.

How's your schedule looking Ironhead? I may be able to play tonight (10ish, possibly earlier), tomorrow and Friday are both not looking great, Saturday I can do before 2 but I have a wedding so that could get dicey, Sunday should be free all day/night. Going out of town for work midday Monday so I can even do Monday morning if you're around.

I have no clue what to expect...don't think he and I have matched-up yet on XBL. Nevertheless, this is the start of why I picked this conference.

Tonight would work pretty well. We would need to start after 10 PM tonight though.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:33 PM   #8
cmp
Pro Rookie

Well maybe my Arkansas team is for real. #3 Florida comes into town and we destroy them, 49-3.

One big loss though is starting running back Michael Smith left early in the first half with a concussion and will miss a few weeks. We'll have to rely much more on Ryan Mallet throwing the ball like we did today.

Mallet went 43-52 with 372 yards and 5 touchdowns. London Crawford caught 18 passes for 200 yards and 3 touchdowns. Crosby Tuck caught 12 passes and Rod Coleman also has 12 receptions. Total yards for the game were Arkansas 505, Florida 198. Midway through the 3rd we knocked out Tebow and his replacement Newton threw 4 picks.

Maybe next week now that were 5-0 with wins over Florida, Texas and Alabama we will be ranked.

Last edited by cmp : 09-03-2008 at 05:35 PM.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:39 PM   #9
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp View Post
#3 Florida comes into town and we destroy them, 49-3.

wow.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:46 PM   #10
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
Tonight would work pretty well. We would need to start after 10 PM tonight though.

When you say after 10, do you mean somewhere in the 10-10:30 range? Or more like midnight? If it's the former, that's fine...I'll log on to Live sometime around 10 and wait around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp View Post
Well maybe my Arkansas team is for real. #3 Florida comes into town and we destroy them, 49-3.

DeTox, did you forget to switch cmp off junior varsity difficulty?
Old 09-03-2008, 05:56 PM   #11
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
When you say after 10, do you mean somewhere in the 10-10:30 range? Or more like midnight? If it's the former, that's fine...I'll log on to Live sometime around 10 and wait around.

DeTox, did you forget to switch cmp off junior varsity difficulty?

I should be on shortly after 10 PM
Old 09-03-2008, 08:03 PM   #12
Logan
Head Coach

Cool, see you then.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:15 PM   #13
Logan
Head Coach

Me and Ironhead are finishing up a game. What's with the lack of being able to do mass subs?
Old 09-03-2008, 10:37 PM   #14
Logan
Head Coach

Oklahoma State beats Texas A&M 38-17. Zac Robinson was on point, 16 for 21 for 300+ yards and 2 scores. Couldn't run the ball much but I think my receivers were too hard to handle for the A&M D.

Fun game Ironhead...I saved the highlights of your 1st score (a SICK move on an option run) and my second (the short pass to Woods that turned into an 84 yard TD) but my 360 froze when I went to upload one of them. I'll try to get them up tomorrow.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:31 PM   #15
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Oklahoma State beats Texas A&M 38-17. Zac Robinson was on point, 16 for 21 for 300+ yards and 2 scores. Couldn't run the ball much but I think my receivers were too hard to handle for the A&M D.

Fun game Ironhead...I saved the highlights of your 1st score (a SICK move on an option run) and my second (the short pass to Woods that turned into an 84 yard TD) but my 360 froze when I went to upload one of them. I'll try to get them up tomorrow.

It was a good game. You played well and I just made way too many mistakes for a grind it out team.

Keep an eye on this guy fellas. Wouldn't be surprised to see Oklahoma State playing for the Big 12 championship this year.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:43 PM   #16
Kodos
Resident Alien

I ran into the no mass subs phenom in online dynasty games too. Really annoying.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:26 AM   #17
wade moore
lolzcat

Meh.

With these new sliders I can't pass at ALL.

After going 2-8 with 3 interceptions and falling down 14-0 we can't come back and fall 17-10 against Maryland in a rivalry game with a ton of recruits visiting.

Ugh.

I have no idea how someone is crushing Florida.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:37 AM   #18
Logan
Head Coach

Thanks Ironhead, hope so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I ran into the no mass subs phenom in online dynasty games too. Really annoying.

What made it scarier was that I was getting crushed by injuries during the game. I lost a starting DT for 2 weeks, an OL for a week, and Kendall Hunter, my starting RB, for 4 weeks. That led to both Ironhead and I pulling our QBs manually towards the end, and I started looking for plays to call that didn't have my stud TE on the field.

Last edited by Logan : 09-04-2008 at 07:42 AM.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:09 AM   #19
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Thanks Ironhead, hope so.

What made it scarier was that I was getting crushed by injuries during the game. I lost a starting DT for 2 weeks, an OL for a week, and Kendall Hunter, my starting RB, for 4 weeks. That led to both Ironhead and I pulling our QBs manually towards the end, and I started looking for plays to call that didn't have my stud TE on the field.

Heh, I wish I could say that was why I pulled McGee. He was simply stinking up the joint. His replacement didn't do much better though.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:15 AM   #20
Kodos
Resident Alien

It's incomprehensible why they would take the mass subs option away when it is available in regular dynasties.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:10 PM   #21
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
Heh, I wish I could say that was why I pulled McGee. He was simply stinking up the joint. His replacement didn't do much better though.

Haha...sorry. Figured it was that way since it was late. BTW, hope you didn't take issue with me going for that 4th and 2 on my first drive. I know I was in FG range but I'm just not good at them, and I wanted to try to match your first score.

Quote:
It's incomprehensible why they would take the mass subs option away when it is available in regular dynasties.

Especially when it's really encouraging sportsmanship.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:38 PM   #22
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:

Well, since IU is just made up of a second stringers anyway, what's the point?
Old 09-04-2008, 12:53 PM   #23
Kodos
Resident Alien

Laugh it up before we kick your Wolverine asses next season.

Oh, and we're undefeated so far. How about you guys?

Last edited by Kodos : 09-04-2008 at 12:53 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 02:56 PM   #24
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Bump for KWhit. Karl is in autopilot mode until his XBox issues are resolved.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:41 AM   #25
KWhit
Coordinator

Played (and lost) last night. I hate Pitt's QB. I cannot help but throw 3-4 INTs per game.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote