Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-23-2008, 07:33 PM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

NOFL: Bowl Week has started. Deadline is 10/28/08

The deadline is the standard 5 days, but I'm hoping it will go much quicker as only 2 people play this week:

KingNeb's Kentucky team hosts LSU and SirFozzie's Texas A&M travels to play Missouri. Recruiting is done until after the Bowl games.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:22 PM   #2
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Both games are actually neutral field games (SEC in the GA Dome, and the Big XII championship game at Arrowhead, before it moves to the Cowboys new stadium in real life next year)

edit: I hope to play my game tonight.

Last edited by SirFozzie : 10-23-2008 at 08:22 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 08:23 PM   #3
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Dammit, I got bumped from the Rose Bowl back to the Sun Bowl without even playing a game. Poo
Old 10-23-2008, 08:50 PM   #4
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

I'm really rusty at NCAA. There's a solid chance that I'm going to lose to LSU. I just played against them (in a play now) and lost by 10. It was not pretty. I guess 5 INT's and a fumble will do ya in. Their HB is so fast it's scary. We'll see what happens I guess. I hope to get my game in this weekend. I'll do my best not to hold everyone up. But crazy personal stuff is culminating this weekend so I may not be able to play until Monday. I swear I'll do everything in my power to knock it out sooner than that.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 09:45 PM   #5
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Both games are actually neutral field games (SEC in the GA Dome, and the Big XII championship game at Arrowhead, before it moves to the Cowboys new stadium in real life next year)

edit: I hope to play my game tonight.

My bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
Dammit, I got bumped from the Rose Bowl back to the Sun Bowl without even playing a game. Poo

Yeah, I noticed that.. and I got bumped to 2nd in the Pac-10 - I guess based on H2H record.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:51 PM   #6
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Damnit, Chase Daniels is all kinds-a-good, 51-27.. let's see how far we drop. My QB just lost it in the 2nd half
Old 10-24-2008, 07:23 PM   #7
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

yawn...
Old 10-25-2008, 08:30 AM   #8
BigDPW
College Prospect

Since I am no longer playing this year I will mention my recruiting.

I have signed a total of 14 guys which is I think the most of any of us...

I have 2-3 4 star guys and alot of 3 stars. So far I am ranked 10th on recruiting rankings but I am sure that will fall as more of the 5 stars sign and the better teams in this league start picking up a few 4 star commitments.

Considering I went 5-7 I am pretty happy with my recruiting year so far. I have met all of my major needs with 3 star or better players and got a couple of key 4 star guys that may be able to play really early in their careers.

There is no telling how I would have done if I had not lost so many games down the stretch with kids visiting.

A couple of key targets of mine remain unsigned or only verbally commited so I am hoping I can wrap up a few of those guys early in the offseason period.
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 09:18 AM   #9
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Congrats BigDPW. I haven't signed anyone yet. It sucks bad...
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 09:20 AM   #10
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Congrats BigDPW. I haven't signed anyone yet. It sucks bad...

Me either, and all my 4 star guys signed elsewhere (with the exception of 1 OT that I am still in the lead for) a couple of weeks ago. Compare that with the classes that EF27 and Sun Tzu are bringing in and things aren't looking good in Corvallis
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 09:46 AM   #11
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I've only signed 3 guys. Granted I have about a dozen 4* and 3* prospects who have me either @ 1 or 2 on their list. Still, I have less guys on my Recruiting board now then I have scholarships available. I had a lot of guys commit elsewhere over the last couple weeks.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:32 PM   #12
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Kentucky beats LSU 31-10 to cap a perfect regular season. It was a wild game that really turned with a pick-six by Kentucky late in the first half. That made the score 21-7 and LSU couldn't get anything going in the second half. Kentucky rode their ball-hawking D to the win, as they got FOUR INT's. Fumbles didn't go Kentucky's way as their QB fumbled it in LSU's red zone in the first quarter. Later in the 2nd quarter the LSU RB fumbled it while trying to score but it was grabbed by an O-lineman in the end zone for six. That was LSU's only TD of the game.

Sorry it took several days to get the game in. You guys know I'm normally all over this league but lately things have been ridiculous in my personal life. Hopefully things are more settled by the time I play my bowl game. It should be the national championship against Purdue. Hopefully my squad brings their "A" game and we can bring a football title to Lexington.

EF27, advance away!
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 03:04 PM   #13
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Advancing in just a few minutes.
Old 10-25-2008, 03:14 PM   #14
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

grats on the lock for a National Title bid Kingsneb.