Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-16-2008, 10:28 PM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

RFL 2009, Week 6 - Deadline 11/21 (Friday) at 11 pm EST

Here are the matchups in Week 6.

Last edited by Kodos : 11-21-2008 at 09:44 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 11:14 PM   #2
DeToxRox
Head Coach

5* RB CJ Phillips commits to Michigan. He's the 3rd best RB and 12th best player in the Nation. Definetly a nice get.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 11:43 PM   #3
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

So who do I play this week? #1? #3, #4? It's gotten to the point I LIKE being their punching bag.. now I know how the Washington Generals felt :P
Old 11-16-2008, 11:46 PM   #4
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
So who do I play this week? #1? #3, #4? It's gotten to the point I LIKE being their punching bag.. now I know how the Washington Generals felt :P

According to this: Front Office Football Central - View Single Post - RFL 2009 scheduling thread

It looks like its you and me this week. I'm going to be working for the next few hours but being mostly jobless I should be able to accommodate any sort of schedule I need to to get the game in.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:01 AM   #5
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

The Gophers move to 4-0 with a nailbiting 24-21 victory at Northwestern. I fumbled the ball away deep in Wildcat territory while trying to run the clock out, and they drove down for a game-tying field goal attempt as time expired. We managed to ice their kicker, however, and he missed it badly. This year's Gophers have some fight in them. We trailed 21-3 in the first half, but we scored the final 21 points to stay undefeated.

If I remember correctly, the Wisconsin Badgers visit us next week. We're gonna be looking for some revenge against them, too.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:08 AM   #6
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Michigan tops Purdue 35-14 with 15 recruits visiting.

SR RB Brandon Minor runs 29 times for 214 yards and 2 scores in the victory.

We now have a bye week next week .. er a game vs MSU, before a real bye, then games with Illinois, Indiana, Northwestern, PSU and OSU.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:08 AM   #7
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
The Gophers move to 4-0 with a nailbiting 24-21 victory at Northwestern. I fumbled the ball away deep in Wildcat territory while trying to run the clock out, and they drove down for a game-tying field goal attempt as time expired. We managed to ice their kicker, however, and he missed it badly. This year's Gophers have some fight in them. We trailed 21-3 in the first half, but we scored the final 21 points to stay undefeated.

If I remember correctly, the Wisconsin Badgers visit us next week. We're gonna be looking for some revenge against them, too.

I dunno what is more shocking .. Pumpy is 4-0 or Pumpy got his game done before the last day of the deadline.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:12 AM   #8
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
According to this: Front Office Football Central - View Single Post - RFL 2009 scheduling thread

It looks like its you and me this week. I'm going to be working for the next few hours but being mostly jobless I should be able to accommodate any sort of schedule I need to to get the game in.

I work 2-10, and usually up to 4 AM or so, so tonight or whatever...
Old 11-17-2008, 10:58 AM   #9
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
I dunno what is more shocking .. Pumpy is 4-0 or Pumpy got his game done before the last day of the deadline.
Just damn.

Go Gophers!
Old 11-17-2008, 11:01 AM   #10
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Bigsmooth, Thursday is by far the best night for me this week, but I can probably work out something for Weds if it is early in the evening as well. Thursday I can play anytime after I get home from work (6PM Central time.) Tonight and Tuesday would be extremely difficult for me.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:18 PM   #11
bignej
High School JV

#1 Ohio State defeats #19 Wisconsin 52-29
Old 11-17-2008, 02:27 PM   #12
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Bigsmooth, Thursday is by far the best night for me this week, but I can probably work out something for Weds if it is early in the evening as well. Thursday I can play anytime after I get home from work (6PM Central time.) Tonight and Tuesday would be extremely difficult for me.

Hmmm....Thursday is my Bday, but I could squeeze a game in early. Could you roll at 5:30ish Pacific time on Thursday? Lemme know.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:52 PM   #13
Kodos
Resident Alien

If need be, we can be flexible on the deadline, since this week's games didn't have any weekend time for people to play.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:23 PM   #14
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmooth View Post
Hmmm....Thursday is my Bday, but I could squeeze a game in early. Could you roll at 5:30ish Pacific time on Thursday? Lemme know.

I can definitely do 5:30 PM Pacific time on Thursday. Or, I'm happy to play any time Friday evening after 5 Central with Kodos mentioning we can have an extra day if needed.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:28 PM   #15
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I can definitely do 5:30 PM Pacific time on Thursday. Or, I'm happy to play any time Friday evening after 5 Central with Kodos mentioning we can have an extra day if needed.

Sweet! Let's book it for 5:30 Thursday. I'm guessing you'll get your revenge this time around...
Old 11-17-2008, 07:33 PM   #16
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sounds good. Sorry in advance for slightly spoiling the festive mood of your birthday when I get my revenge
Old 11-17-2008, 08:17 PM   #17
Galaxy
Coordinator

I hate bye weeks. Mainly when your coming off such a crappy week.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:33 PM   #18
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Radii: Doesn't look like it'll allow us to connect tonight... try again in a little bit or try tommorrow night?
Old 11-17-2008, 11:40 PM   #19
Radii
Head Coach

I have no idea... anyone else ever have it so that every time both teams join a game and select ready it immediately drops the session/game request? I was able to connect and recruit fine, we're both sending messages fine, etc, but as soon as we try to connect for a game it dies. I have not seen that happen anymore, I think to each of us it basically looks like the other is leaving.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:51 PM   #20
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Correct.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:12 AM   #21
Radii
Head Coach

I just tried to play a game against a random user and it worked.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:14 AM   #22
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:

This was after rebooting my laptop(that i connect the xbox to in order to use my wireless network) and shutting down virus scan stuff again... so it could have been on my end still perhaps!
Old 11-18-2008, 12:15 AM   #23
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:

Try resetting back to the default Xbox connection settings on the dashboard. Happened to my buddy and I.

Try connecting to a private chat as well. We couldn't chat or play Madden, but we could play other people and send messages. When we both reset, we were fine.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:18 AM   #24
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Try resetting back to the default Xbox connection settings on the dashboard. Happened to my buddy and I.

Is that the "restore to factory defaults" option in the network settings or someting else?
Old 11-18-2008, 12:28 AM   #25
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:

Try connecting to a private chat as well. We couldn't chat or play Madden, but we could play other people and send messages. When we both reset, we were fine.

yeah taht appears to be exactly waht's happening, looks like we can't connect to private chat either, but I'm able to start up other games, I went ahead and did that reset network settings to factory defaults too, i am stumped!
Old 11-18-2008, 12:30 AM   #26
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Same. I've played other FOFCers (Karlifornia, Kodos, etcetera) with no problems.
Old 11-18-2008, 01:07 AM   #27
bignej
High School JV

I believe Pumpy and I had this problem last time we played. We both unplugged our xboxs from the wall and plugged them back in. It resets the clock or something like that.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:07 AM   #28
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I'm with Galaxy...bye weeks are teh sux.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:01 PM   #29
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Hey Radii, want to give this another try tonight?
Old 11-19-2008, 12:24 PM   #30
Kodos
Resident Alien

I plan to play my game tonight.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:42 PM   #31
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Bigsmooth has asked if I can play Friday instead of Thursday. I'm guessing his birthday plans have changed. I have no problem playing him Friday evening when he asked me to (5:30 Pacific/7:30 central.) So, assuming that it is still cool with the Commish, that is when we'll play.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:50 PM   #32
Kodos
Resident Alien

Cool with me.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:13 PM   #33
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Hey Radii, want to give this another try tonight?

yeah. Based on bignej's post above, I'll try unplugging my xbox for a few minutes before I log on.
Old 11-19-2008, 11:34 PM   #34
Radii
Head Coach

is it possible to put me and fozzie both on CPU just to play the game and have the computer sim it out(without fucking up recruiting hopefully?). We've tried everything to get the game in and it just won't let us connect/start it. I've tried everything suggested in this thread so far, seems unfair for one of us to go vs the other on CPU control since neither of us are at fault for not being able to make it.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:04 AM   #35
Kodos
Resident Alien

If that's what you guys want, we can do that. Sucky situation for sure.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:29 AM   #36
Kodos
Resident Alien

It was a frustrating game tonight as we hosted the #17 Illini in a rivalry game with all of our top recruits in town. The first half saw us kick a couple field goals to take a meager 6-0 lead.

This 17-yard pass from Marques (Juice) Guidry to Joey Brown put the Illini on top 7-6, but we answered a minute and half later with a 58-yard touchdown pass from senior QB Kellen Lewis to junior receiver Scott Allen to take a precarious 13-7 lead into the 4th.

With 3:30 left in regulation, the Illini went on top again 14-13 with a 1-yard run by sophomore RB Patrick Coleman. Shortly thereafter, a completely boneheaded interception by Kellen Lewis deep in our territory (I pressed the wrong button) set up Illinois with a chance to go for the kill.

The kill came in the shape of a 4-yard TD pass from backup QB Darryl Cooper (Guidry left with an injury) to junior receiver Allen Wright with 2:11 remaining.

Now trailing 21-13, Kellen Lewis guided the team down the field with a couple mid-range passes, and senior RB Bryan Payton punched it in from the 1 with 28 seconds remaining to pull us to within 21-19. Having to go for 2 to push it to overtime, we went with an option play, but Illinois defended it to perfection, and Lewis was stuffed for a loss.

Needing a miracle, we lined up for an onside kick.

Holy shit! Senior linebacker Geno Johnson recovered the onside kick, and we were in business. But with only 28 seconds left, our prospects of escaping with a win still seemed remote. On our first play, Lewis set his feet and heaved the ball downfield...

Junior receiver Scott Allen got behind the coverage and pulled the deep pass in to get us an amazing come-from-behind 26-21 victory! Allen's 11 receptions for 220 yards and 2 TDs single-handledly snatched victory from the jaws of defeat, as nobody else on the offense did much of anything all day. Thank god Penn State did not steal him from us in recruiting last year!

Last edited by Kodos : 11-20-2008 at 08:29 AM.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:00 AM   #37
bignej
High School JV

That was pretty awesome
Old 11-20-2008, 06:47 AM   #38
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Awesome recap and great win, Kodos.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:24 AM   #39
Kodos
Resident Alien

We got REALLY lucky. I've never recovered an onside kick before, as far as I can recall.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:30 AM   #40
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
We got REALLY lucky. I've never recovered an onside kick before, as far as I can recall.

That is impressive, what with how often you're losing late in games.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:44 AM   #41
Kodos
Resident Alien

Luckily that won't be an issue against Michigan.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:03 PM   #42
Kodos
Resident Alien

Say, why don't you pick on your traditional rivals, OSU, some? Oh right ... it's because you can't compete with them anymore, and you're stuck trying to bully the traditional dregs of the conference. You're movin' on up!
Old 11-20-2008, 12:06 PM   #43
bignej
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Say, why don't you pick on your traditional rivals, OSU, some? Oh right ... it's because you can't compete with them anymore, and you're stuck trying to bully the traditional dregs of the conference. You're movin' on up!

says the guys who has dodged me 2 years in a row now
Old 11-20-2008, 12:09 PM   #44
Kodos
Resident Alien

Hey, I can't do anything about that. Not that I mind.

If you want to pound us in an exhibition game sometime, just let me know.

Last edited by Kodos : 11-20-2008 at 12:10 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:47 PM   #45
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Nice W Kodos, grats on the onside kick. There are few things more "holy crap!!!" than recovering an onside.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:10 PM   #46
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
Nice W Kodos, grats on the onside kick. There are few things more "holy crap!!!" than recovering an onside.

My "holy crap" (in a "WTF" way) came against our kickoff against Michigan and Dex back in the week 3.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 12:26 PM   #47
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

That's a sweet victory, Kodos. Clutch and what not.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:44 PM   #48
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I thought we might blow out Washington after Travon Patterson (aka Davis) had 2 early TD's including a 83 yard streak to put us up 14-0. However, I should have known better with how tough Bigsmooth played us when he beat us last year. Washington played hard throughout the game and overcame heavy defensive pressure from our D-Line to get it really going in the 2nd half. Despite USC going into the half up 21-7 and receiving the ball to start the 2nd half, Washington tied it at 21 in the 3rd quarter thanks to an interception and a defensive stop. However, we scored a TD late in the 3rd to take a 28-21 lead. It was back and forth in the 4th, but we eventually won the game 42-32.

Patterson was the star of the game for us with 5 catches for 166 yards and 3 TD's. Good game, Bigsmooth. I hope you had a great birthday yesterday.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-21-2008 at 08:48 PM.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:01 PM   #49
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Good game to you! Man, I was afraid this one was going to get out of hand after those 2 bombs. I immediately started doubling your outside WR's the rest of the game, pretty much every down. That slowed you down some until the slot guys were running free. We were actually only down 3 with just over a minute remaining and almost recovered the onside kick. That would have been sweet. Overall, I am very pleased at the result considering we are a 77 overall team. Scrappy mofo's.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:42 PM   #50
Kodos
Resident Alien

Final results for Week 6 of 2009:

Last edited by Kodos : 11-21-2008 at 09:42 PM.