Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-01-2008, 09:02 PM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

EBFL Week 10!!! Uploads due Saturday, December 6th!!!

Week 10 Schedule

#18 Colorado vs Missouri
#16 Texas A&M @ #10 Oklahoma
#4 Pitt @ Louisville
#7 Kentucky @ South Carolina
Syracuse vs Western Kentucky
Vandy vs Alabama
#3 Arkansas @ #20 Tennessee
NC State @ #15 FSU
UVA vs Wake
North Carolina vs New Mexico
USF @ Rutgers
#14 Oklahoma State vs Texas

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:16 PM   #2
Logan
Head Coach

Get your comments in now, I'm in Chicago all week, so I'll probably play Saturday morning.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 09:37 PM   #3
Radii
Head Coach

Woohoo! NC State lands its 4th recruit this year, 4* DT Donald Scott, the #6 DT and #111 player overall. This one was the first 3-team recruiting battle I've been involved in, and UNC and Pitt had both also nearly maxxed his interest, so I'm suprised to have snagged him this soon, but obviously thrilled.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:40 PM   #4
Radii
Head Coach

UPSET! NC State goes on the road and takes down #15 Florida State(who still has a stupid fast 99 rated defense). I couldn't do anyting at all in the first half. Roberts ran for negative yards in the first quarter(-5 or something), and I allowed two TDs in the final 2 minutes of the half to trail 17-0. Another big TD(a 68 yard run) early in the 3rd and I'm down 23-0 following a missed XP.

Finally I was able to get moving. I had not totally eliminated the option here, but it wasn't working at all in the first half. I got a 50 yard TD in the 3rd quarter with it, then a 75 yard TD on an off tackle run where they were blitzing, and a 44 yard TD run right up the middle. Just as important as the running game pulling off big plays, I finally stopped them, in fact after falling down 23-0 completely shut them down, only allowing 3 more points all game. Backup RB Underwood gave us the lead with 5:46 to go, the defense continued to shut down the Noles, and Roberts ran out the clock.

NC State 29
#15 Florida State 26

The most important stat of the game was FSU going 2-12 on 3rd downs... I usually get killed on 3rd down defense, and don't really know why I didn't today. A couple of those stops were huge, as FSU missed two 51 yard FGs on the day.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:25 PM   #5
Ironhead
College Prospect

Oklahoma, exhausted from their 52-49 win in the Bedlam game, sleepwalks through the first 3 quarters which allows Texas A&M to pull out a 27-17 victory. It was a yeoman's effort by Texas A&M - just solid football. The overall team effort was abundantly clear as A&M had zero highlights in the post game summary by the announcing crew.

The win moves A&M to 7-2 on the year. Our only shot at the Big 12 Championship game is for Logan to choke this week against Texas. I think he will come out playing pissed off and really kill Texas though. No pressure though Logan.

Last edited by Ironhead : 12-01-2008 at 11:26 PM.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:30 PM   #6
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
Oklahoma, exhausted from their 52-49 win in the Bedlam game, sleepwalks through the first 3 quarters which allows Texas A&M to pull out a 27-17 victory. It was a yeoman's effort by Texas A&M - just solid football. The overall team effort was abundantly clear as A&M had zero highlights in the post game summary by the announcing crew.

The win moves A&M to 7-2 on the year. Our only shot at the Big 12 Championship game is for Logan to choke this week against Texas. I think he will come out playing pissed off and really kill Texas though. No pressure though Logan.

Well, prepare to wait forever to find out.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:32 PM   #7
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Colorado dispatches of Mizzou 38-28 behind a pair of pick 6's, and 150 yards and 2 scores from DScott. We didn't have QB Cody Hawkins but it didn't matter. We have the Big 12 North sown up, with ease, and Iowa State is next up. I plan on playing Scott a half tops vs ISU hopefully, and then we have a bye, followed by Nebraska and SMU.

11-1 going into the B12 Title Game is looking really solid.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:30 AM   #8
wade moore
lolzcat

I felt like we dominated Wake Forest, but we only won 34-20 (I think that was the score). We blew some opportunities and must have dropped 4 potential pick 6's.

We had a lot of recruits in town so I'm hoping it has a positive impact. Somehow I've forced my way into the mix with a guy I added after I got my xbox back. A 5* LB has me at #3 but I've been putting a LOT of time into him and my meter has really gone up. He comes to visit next week. He visited one of the top two in Week 4 and visits the other in Week 13. I'm hoping that me having my visit first could have a positive effect.

So, I'm in the mix for two 4*'s (I lead on one and I think 2nd on the other) and this 5* guy. After the CPU recruiting put me in a hole early we may actually come out of this one better than I expected, so I'm happy about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 12:27 PM   #9
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post

Two in a row for Ironhead against Oklahoma. You're my hero!
Old 12-02-2008, 05:20 PM   #10
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
UPSET! NC State goes on the road and takes down #15 Florida State(who still has a stupid fast 99 rated defense).

Thanks I didn't want to play them in the ACC Championship game!

Last edited by Mike1409 : 12-02-2008 at 05:21 PM.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 05:25 PM   #11
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

I get a weird feeling I'm gonna lose to Rutgers
Old 12-02-2008, 05:34 PM   #12
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1409 View Post
Thanks I didn't want to play them in the ACC Championship game!

Yeah, enjoy Clemson instead
Old 12-06-2008, 10:42 AM   #13
Logan
Head Coach

Beat Texas on a last-second 48 yard FG. Allow me to take a minute to say that the "ice the kicker" feature is the DUMBEST SHIT THEY EVER IMPLEMENTED! Thankfully my kick was fairly straight on, but I think even the most frozen kicker can tell in what direction he should be kicking it.
Old 12-06-2008, 11:20 AM   #14
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Is everyone done? I'm out of town presently and while I am not sure if I will be back today, I can try and get us advanced tonight assuming we can move on.

If someone would let me know that'd be great.