Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-24-2008, 11:15 PM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

NOFL Season 2 Week 5 Has Started! Deadline is 1/1/09.

Taking a quick look, everything seems to be correct after advancing but be sure to check. I'm hoping we'll get done sooner than the 1st and advance early.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 11:18 PM   #2
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Gonna jump on now and do my stuff.
Old 12-25-2008, 02:28 PM   #3
bhlloy
Coordinator

I scraped a 35-28 victory over ASU, but it wasn't pretty. Intercepted them in the end zone from the 1 yard line and then stopped a 4th and inches on the goalline in the last 5 minutes to get the win.

EF - you will see the game started twice. Had just booted up the first time and started playing, and other people needed the TV. No funny business i promise
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 09:59 PM   #4
kcchief19
Pro Starter

No. 6 Oklahoma will likely fall out of the top 10 next week following a stunning 31-24 loss at unranked Colorado.

Colorado gained momentum early jumping out to a 7-0 lead before Oklahoma responded, taking a 14-7 lead in the second quarter. Colorado appeared to regain the momentum after connecting on a 45-yard field goal to cut the lead to four. With just 44 seconds left before halftime, QB Cody Hawkins snuck into the endzone to give the Buffs the lead. However, Colorado missed the extra point and Oklahoma struck quickly to set up for a field goal to end the half with a 17-16 lead.

The two defenses controlled most of the the second half. Colorado finally broke through with 6:20 left in the fourth quarter with a 21-yard TD pass from Hawkins to RB Darrell Scott. Hawkins ran for the two-point conversion to put the Buffaloes up by a touchdown.

OU refused to give up, despite missing a field goal that would have chipped away at the Colorado lead. After forcing a punt, Sam Bradford hooked up with Adron Tennell on a 52-yard touchdown pass with 1:34 left to tie up the game.

After converting a crucial 3rd-and-6 from midfield to get down to the Oklahoma 30, Colorado drove inside the 10 to try and set up for a game-winning field goal. With a fierce wind blowing, the Buffs tried running the ball to setup a snap in the middle of the field for the try. Scott fumbled but CU was fortunate that Hawkins fell on the ball. Following an offsides penalty on the Sooners, Colorado again tried to run the ball to the center of the field. This time, Scott scampered four yards for the game-winning touchdown with 7 seconds to play. Oklahoma's final play was stopped short at midfield.

After the game, Cody Hawkins was heard yelling to his teammates and classmates, "Hey, everybody, we're all going to get laid!"
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 11:22 PM   #5
Galaxy
Coordinator

What a game in Auburn. Auburn (the top team outside of the Top 25) gave us a big chance to get back in the game with a failed option fumble at around our 20-25 yard line, with just under a minute left. No timeouts for us.

Down by three, we drove down to just inside the Auburn terrority. We got a 40-some-yard pass to our quarterback to speedy freshman Marion Burns on an out route (which was really a play intended to get us in a position to try to tie the game). However, he had a nice lead on his man and turn up for the corners. Turning on the jets, he took it to the house with just three seconds left to give us a 49-45 win over Auburn.

Now, 3-1 (1-1), we get to play No. 17 Tennessee next week. Freshman Corey Rust (another speed burner) had 12 catches for 218 yards and 1 touchdown.

Last edited by Galaxy : 12-26-2008 at 12:00 PM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 10:44 AM   #6
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Wow, big wins for everybody! Nice job!

My game against Florida looms very large for our Kentucky squad. Hope we can pull off another upset and keep moving up the rankings
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 09:22 PM   #7
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post

After the game, Cody Hawkins was heard yelling to his teammates and classmates, "Hey, everybody, we're all going to get laid!"

LOL..classic.

I pulled off a miracle comeback win over Maryland in College Park a few nights ago. Maryland was taking it to me, and I was down 17-3 in the 4th, and tied it on a Mikell Simpson run with less than a minute left.

Maryland scored a TD on a seam to the running back on the first play in the first OT. We only took a few plays to tie it back up. We scored rather quickly in the second OT, and Maryland threw a pick in the end zone to end the game.

We're ranked #23 and movin' up. I can only guess we'll move up for a while until facing an elite ACC team, where we'll get humbled.
Old 12-26-2008, 09:31 PM   #8
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
No. 6 Oklahoma will likely fall out of the top 10 next week following a stunning 31-24 loss at unranked Colorado.

Colorado gained momentum early jumping out to a 7-0 lead before Oklahoma responded, taking a 14-7 lead in the second quarter. Colorado appeared to regain the momentum after connecting on a 45-yard field goal to cut the lead to four. With just 44 seconds left before halftime, QB Cody Hawkins snuck into the endzone to give the Buffs the lead. However, Colorado missed the extra point and Oklahoma struck quickly to set up for a field goal to end the half with a 17-16 lead.

The two defenses controlled most of the the second half. Colorado finally broke through with 6:20 left in the fourth quarter with a 21-yard TD pass from Hawkins to RB Darrell Scott. Hawkins ran for the two-point conversion to put the Buffaloes up by a touchdown.

OU refused to give up, despite missing a field goal that would have chipped away at the Colorado lead. After forcing a punt, Sam Bradford hooked up with Adron Tennell on a 52-yard touchdown pass with 1:34 left to tie up the game.

After converting a crucial 3rd-and-6 from midfield to get down to the Oklahoma 30, Colorado drove inside the 10 to try and set up for a game-winning field goal. With a fierce wind blowing, the Buffs tried running the ball to setup a snap in the middle of the field for the try. Scott fumbled but CU was fortunate that Hawkins fell on the ball. Following an offsides penalty on the Sooners, Colorado again tried to run the ball to the center of the field. This time, Scott scampered four yards for the game-winning touchdown with 7 seconds to play. Oklahoma's final play was stopped short at midfield.

LOL! Nice job!

I saw you won when I played my game and was happy for you, sad for me. I wanted to give OU their first loss.

Anyhow, Oklahoma State beat Texas Tech 49 to something. I think they scored 31? Hunter ran the ball for over 300 yards. I gotta tell you, my passing game is off and my pass defense game is off. If anyone beats me, it'll be this year. I'm not looking forward to my Texas A&M game.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 11:36 AM   #9
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We took care of UCLA 42-28 at their place. The score would have been more of a blowout, but Locker had a fumble and a pick each which were returned for TD's.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 12-27-2008 at 11:36 AM.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:40 PM   #10
Ironhead
College Prospect

BC finally gets in the "W" column with a 35-21 win over Miami. Slowly but surely we were able to bludgeon them for 3 yards at a time on the ground. I still agree with Kodos and SirFozzie that the team is cursed though.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 10:31 AM   #11
BigDPW
College Prospect

Got my recruiting done. Looks like there is only SunTzu and KingNeb left to play/recruit.

Feels weird being 4-0. I hope I can keep it up. Strange thing is none of my games have been blowouts and I needed to come from pretty far behind to beat UNC and Stanford. Should be interesting now that I am into the ACC schedule for awhile.

Last edited by BigDPW : 12-31-2008 at 02:10 PM.
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 10:43 AM   #12
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Yeah, I'll get my game/recruiting in either late tonight or early tomorrow morning.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:17 AM   #13
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

The deadline is at 10 PM, right? Sorry to be the last one, but I won't be playing my game until mid to late afternoon on 1/1. Hopefully I can get it done before the Rose Bowl.

Happy New Year fellow NOFL'ers!
Old 01-01-2009, 04:26 PM   #14
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Yes, it is 10PM. If you guys finish before then, let me know and I will advance early.
Old 01-01-2009, 04:58 PM   #15
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Kentucky pulls another huge upset of Florida and wins going away 51-27. Florida took an early 10-0 lead and was crushing the Wildcats with their superior athleticism. Kentucky struck back and trailed 27-21 late in the 2nd quarter. Florida wouldn't score again. Kentucky kicked a FG as time expired and was down 27-24 at the half. The second half our defense really took over and forced back-to-back INT's to start the half. We only got FG's on both possessions and took a 30-27 lead. We forced multiple punts in the 2nd half and their offense never got in rhythm. The biggest play of the game was when our QB took the ball to the outside for 30 yards and the TD. That put us up by 17 late in the game and it was the dagger.

I was in serious jeopardy for the entire first half. I'm just glad I weathered the storm and found my defense in the 2nd half.

Now that my games against Florida & Georgia are over, the rest of my schedule is easy. Of my final 7 games, I only have 3 top-25 teams left, 2 human opponents, and games against LSU & Cincy, both of whom are undefeated. I'm glad the hard part of my schedule is over

Everyone is done and we're ready to advance!
Old 01-01-2009, 05:02 PM   #16
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'll advance it at halftime of the Rose Bowl. Our next deadline will be 1/6/08 at 10:00 PM.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:05 PM   #17
Galaxy
Coordinator

Cool.

I kind of wondering if we have to step up the computer AI next season.

I'll be rooting for a Kentucky win over LSU (who really shouldn't be undefeated ).

Last edited by Galaxy : 01-01-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote