Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-11-2009, 08:29 PM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

NOFL Season 2 Week 8 Has Begun! Deadline is 1/16/09 at 10PM

The big games this week are Galaxy's Mississippi State squad at KingNeb's Kentucky squad and Kcchief's 6-0 Colorado squad against a good 5-2 Kansas Team.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 08:31 PM   #2
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The loss doesn't really seem to have hurt us too bad on the recruiting front, except I think we could have closed the deal on 2 or 3 kids this week if they had a better time. Hopefully, we can still finish their recruitments over the next week or so.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:03 PM   #3
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Big gulp from Lexington. Time for one of our biggest tests of the year as we host Mississippi State. The Bulldog offense is much improved and I fear the spread that you guys will probably be running. I'm just glad your QB isn't super-mobile, as that would make your team even more deadly. I look forward to a good game.

Galaxy, I'm not sure how the later part of my week is going to shake out so I'd rather get the game done sooner as opposed to later. I am available Monday night after 7 PM EST and Tuesday night after 6 PM EST. I might be around sometime on Wed. night (maybe) and I am off Thursday, but I may not be around. Friday is not possible unless we play at like 9 PM EST. So pretty much any day except Friday is good for me, but the sooner we can play it the better. I'll log on here again tonight and when I get home from work on Monday. Let me know what works for you. Also, do you have a headset? I look forward to the game...unless you win
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:05 PM   #4
Galaxy
Coordinator

I sent you a PM king.

Last edited by Galaxy : 01-11-2009 at 09:05 PM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:34 PM   #5
kcchief19
Pro Starter

The cardiac kids of Colorado kept their heart-pumping theatrics alive. Up 26-14 after scoring a TD, the Buffaloes inexplicably chose to go for two to go up by 14 and failed. With the score 29-21, Kansas scored a TD and converted the two-point conversion and we were tied at 29. Colorado scored again to go up 36-29 with under 2 minutes to play. The Jayhawks refused to die, scoring with 17 seconds left to make 36-all and we were headed to overtime for the second game in a row.

Kansas won the toss and in an even more inexplicable move, chose to go on offense. Colorado finally stalled the Jayhaws, who settle for a field goal. Cody Hawkins came on the field and immediately got the ball to Darrell Scott, who converted a big third down on a screen play. From the one-yard line, Cody Hawkins took care of it himself, diving over the top of the line for the TD that gave Colorado a 42-39 win.

That is our second straight OT win and the fourth game we have won this year on the final play of the game (ok, technically we had to kickoff to OU with 7 seconds left after scoring the winning TD). I think our 7-0 record may be just a little soft. Texas, A&M and OSU have to be licking their chops if we make the conference title game.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:36 PM   #6
Ironhead
College Prospect

BC moves to 4-3 with an easy win over Western Kentucky. It wasn't a huge blowout as the final was only 31-10 (IIRC). The 4 game winning streak is nice but I don't think we keep it up with Blumenthal out. Haden just can't move the chains on the ground, especially inside the red zone.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 01:29 AM   #7
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

One might look at the final score of 35-16, see that Nebraska scored a last minute TD, and think this was a blow out. It wasn't, It was 14-9 at the end of three, and the score could have been a lot different.. Nebraska tried SIX field goals, missing three of them. But in the fourth quarter, Fuller caught a picture perfect long bomb, and the Aggies running game (led by reserve Bradley Stephens) was just too much for the tired Huskers.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:32 AM   #8
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Virginia (now ranked #7?!?!?!?) moves to 6-0 with a 41-7 victory over North Carolina in Chapel Hill. It was 7-0 for most of the first half, and then some UNC miscues bloated the lead to 21-0 at halftime.

Our offensive line had a bad game, at least when it came to run blocking. Mikell Simpson needed 30 carries to amass just 70 yards, and that was with 2 runs of +10 yards. Peter Lalich, our quarterback, had his best game of the season, throwing 2 TD's and no interceptions.

Next week we have a huge conference tilt with BigDPW and his 5-1 NC State Wolfpack. This is another big roadblock. The O-line and running backs need to step up for us to have any chance at winning this game. Can't wait to play!
Old 01-12-2009, 08:05 AM   #9
BigDPW
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
Virginia (now ranked #7?!?!?!?) moves to 6-0 with a 41-7 victory over North Carolina in Chapel Hill. It was 7-0 for most of the first half, and then some UNC miscues bloated the lead to 21-0 at halftime.

Our offensive line had a bad game, at least when it came to run blocking. Mikell Simpson needed 30 carries to amass just 70 yards, and that was with 2 runs of +10 yards. Peter Lalich, our quarterback, had his best game of the season, throwing 2 TD's and no interceptions.

Next week we have a huge conference tilt with BigDPW and his 5-1 NC State Wolfpack. This is another big roadblock. The O-line and running backs need to step up for us to have any chance at winning this game. Can't wait to play!

Congrats on 7-0. I am looking forward to another human game too... Too bad I slipped up against Clemson this past week and am no longer undefeated going into our game.
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:40 PM   #10
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Galaxy's Mississippi State squad will be playing my Kentucky squad Tuesday night at 6:30 PM EST. Looking forward to the epic game!
Old 01-12-2009, 10:25 PM   #11
bhlloy
Coordinator

OSU gets a MIRACLE to beat Cal in Berkley. Cal scores with 45 seconds left to go up 36-35, clock running at :08, 4th and 10 at midfield. Complete a 25 yard pass on a jump ball to my #3 receiver, gets out of bounds with :01 second left. Kick the field goal - first time I have had the "ice" animation come up. That is hard - usually I would make that field goal easily, but I underkicked it badly and barely got it through.

Anyhow, we are 7-0 and sealed up a decent (I hope) bowl game. Losses to come against USC, Stanford and Washington I'm sure still will leave us at 9-3. Very cool.
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:34 PM   #12
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Congrats man! Huge win to keep the dream alive at 7-0!
Old 01-13-2009, 05:16 PM   #13
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

There is no truth to the rumor that Locker made a big speech about not letting this team lose any more, but he did have a nearly perfect game. Things went so well for him that one of his infamous misthrows, he hits a deeper HB in stride instead of the WR he was aiming for. The HB proceeeded to take it the distance. Locker was 18 of 23 for 301 yards with 3 TD's 1 INT and he rushed 12 times for 92 yards. His performance convinced me to stick with the spread option the rest of the year. The offense putting up 42 points wasn't a huge surprise.

The defense was. We replaced our starting MLB and our 2nd corner back (who has been responsible for almost every deep TD this year, thanks in part to his 48 tackling that causes him to whiff on too many short receptions allowing huge YAC) Perhaps it was just ASU's offense being very poor, or maybe it was the changes. Regardless, we had our best showing of the year with a 42-6 win
Old 01-13-2009, 05:38 PM   #14
Galaxy
Coordinator

I'm ready to go kings. Just check your PM.

Looking at the game preview, I love to offensive stats of our teams. Talk about two high-flying, high-scoring offensive machines.

I'm on the left, Kentucky on the right:

Points Per Game 38.8 (18) 66.8 (1)
Total Offense 2873 (5) 4016 (1)
Rush Offense 568 (95) 1982(1)
Pass Offense 2305 (4) 2084 (7)

Last edited by Galaxy : 01-13-2009 at 05:45 PM.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:27 PM   #15
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Kentucky defeats Mississippi State 63-35 in a game dominated by offense. Kentucky scored quickly to take a 7-0 lead. The Bulldog KR then takes the kickoff back 93 yards for the tying TD. Kentucky was able to force some turnovers and then got their own kickoff return for a TD. At one point the score was 42-14 and that forced the Bulldogs into making some forced/bad passes, which helped us to keep our lead.

Last week in a thread I posted, "Hopefully we can keep them in check at least somewhat, have our offense play to their potential, and win the turnover battle." Well, I think we did all three of those and we were therefore able to win the game. The way Galaxy's offense has played, I consider 35 points to being "in check" I can't pin 7 of those points on my D...just on my crappy kick coverage.

Sorry about that last TD Galaxy. I was trying to scramble & slide with my QB and I wasn't past the line of scrimmage. I swear I wasn't trying to run it up. Good luck the rest of the way Galaxy.

Now that Kentucky has cleared a(nother) major hurdle in our schedule, it's time to take a breather next week as we host 1-loss top-25 ranked Pittsburgh. Okay...how about a breather at #5 South Carolina...or at WVUFan's Arkansas squad...or the rivalry game vs #11 Tennessee. Stupid no breathers left this season. The good thing is that I play 12 weeks in a row and I'll have byes the last 3. 8-0 with 4 to go (plus hopefully the SEC championship game).

Only 3 more people have stuff to do this week, so hopefully we can get done early. Good luck guys
Old 01-13-2009, 07:42 PM   #16
Galaxy
Coordinator

No problem kings.

I had three problems

One was my controller. It kept shutting off (no problem with batteries) and wasn't responsive at time despite hitting the button. I think I have to get a new one.

Two, I though that I would be able to get those one-on-one deep passes through. However, your safeties some how managed to get over. I was able to have good success last week at Arkansas (WVUFan) with this. My receivers would drop passes they should of had or my quarterback just didn't seem able to lead his receiver.

Three, I just couldn't fricken stop your offense. Too much speed, and too little on my side.

Thankfully, we have two very soft non-conference games (Army and Duke), and our three SEC games: Alabama, South Carolina and Ole Miss. I think we can get to six easy and go bowling. My goal is at least 7, however.

Last edited by Galaxy : 01-13-2009 at 07:43 PM.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:09 PM   #17
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Oklahoma State lost 51-50 for its second loss of the season. I was up 50-41 with less than two minutes to go and they forced a fumble, ran it back for the TD, got the onsides kick, and proceeded to get within field goal distance for the win.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:48 AM   #18
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I'll be getting my game in this evening.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:10 PM   #19
Galaxy
Coordinator

I'm looking forward to snapping my two-game losing streak (against FOFC teams) with a win over Alabama next.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:49 PM   #20
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

After Sun Tzu plays, there's only 1 other person who has to get their game in. Let's get it all done today!
Old 01-15-2009, 04:33 PM   #21
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Oklahoma State lost 51-50 for its second loss of the season. I was up 50-41 with less than two minutes to go and they forced a fumble, ran it back for the TD, got the onsides kick, and proceeded to get within field goal distance for the win.
Wow. Tough break. That's just brutal.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 08:08 PM   #22
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I just played my game against UCLA. I turned the ball over FOOOUUUUR times inside the 5 yard line, including a pick 6 that was returned 97 yards, and had to settle for a 42-30 win. Andrew Luck from the very beginning of the game just seemed to be off. Granted he wound up passing for 350+ yards, my time of possession was almost 2.5 times what the Bruins held it, I just for some reason couldn't help but turn it over at the end of every drive. Toby Gerhart rushed for over 100 yards and a pair of TD's, and really made a difference in the game when he started bouncing off of defenders on every run. Next week we travel to Arizona against the surprisingly high rated 4-1 Wildcats, then it's back to back Human games against bhlloy's undefeated OSU squad, and EF27's ever dangerous Huskies.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 01-15-2009 at 08:09 PM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:00 PM   #23
BigDPW
College Prospect

I won 21-19 against Wake Forest. They hung in with 3 picks and a fumble recovery but I basically dominated them otherwise. They got a chance to punch in a 2pt conversion after time expired and failed to convert to send us to overtime.

Next up UVA!

We can advance now BTW. Everyone is done!!!
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 06:56 AM   #24
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
Wow. Tough break. That's just brutal.

Yep. I went down early 0-14 in the first quarter when they scored and then ran a pick 6 back on me. I was in control of the rest of the game up until the last two minutes. Things spiraled from there.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:58 AM   #25
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

My apologies for not checking it last night. I'll advance it as soon as I get home from work today.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 01-16-2009 at 06:58 AM.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:10 AM   #26
Raiders Army
Coordinator

No problem EF...you're doing a great job being the commish!