Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-20-2009, 03:56 PM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

NOFL Season 2 Week 10 Has Begun! Deadline is 1/25/09 at 10PM

This week the big game is Sun Tzu's #20 Stanford team (7-1) at bhlloy's #7 Oregon State Squad (7-0.)

Other big games include Sir Fozzie's #16 Texas A&M (7-1) at #22 Oklahoma (4-3), BigDPW's #19 NC State (7-1) at #2 Florida State (8-0), Kcchief's #5 Colorado (8-0) hosting #14 Missouri (7-2), KingNeb's #3 Kentucky (9-0) at #11 South Carolina (6-1), and RA's #15 Oklahoma State (5-2) at #4 Texas (8-0.) Ok, there are a lot of big games this week

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 03:58 PM   #2
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Washington is very pleased to announce their first 2 recruits of this class:

Alex Cody is a 6'1 180 pound 4 star corner back (17th ranked CB) who has a good shot at starting for us next year. He is a burner who needs to improve his coverage abilities, but with the slowness of our defense, his speed is much needed.

TE Mike Dorsey is a 3 star player who has good size at 6'5 232 and good speed. He is the 6th rated TE this year. If he can develop his hands, he could be a big weapon for us one day. As it is, he has a decent chance at starting next year.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 01-20-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:11 PM   #3
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I'm 7-1.... and #16. And Jokelahoma is 4-3 (and just lost to the Army of Raiders?) and #22! I call BOOMER SHENANIGANS!
Old 01-20-2009, 05:24 PM   #4
bhlloy
Coordinator

Sun - let me know when you can play. Provisionally, I'm good anytime Wednesday and Thursday night. Today and Friday I can't do at all, on the weekend I'm busy during the day, but may be free at night. Let me know what works.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 05:35 PM   #5
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
I'm 7-1.... and #16. And Jokelahoma is 4-3 (and just lost to the Army of Raiders?) and #22! I call BOOMER SHENANIGANS!
I agree. You should be ranked higher than I am.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:59 PM   #6
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Virginia takes out Wake Forest 35-14, to rebound from our first loss of the season. Felt good to get back on the winning track. Mikell Simpson was a beast.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:56 PM   #7
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Sooo, there are FIVE undefeated teams (three human and 2 AI) with tough opponents this week. This is the most important week to everyone chasing a national championship. Week 10 will probably be the defining moment for a lot of teams this season. Good luck to everyone in their games
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 09:28 PM   #8
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Colorado moved to 9-0 with an easier than expected win over Missouri. I'm not blanking on the final score but I believe it was 49-31. We were up 28-7 early in the 2nd quarter and never looked back.

On the up side, the defense finally showed up with 6 turnovers. However, they gave up four big plays, two for scores and a third setup a score. Classic over pursuit led to to guys taking small gains and ripping off big ones for Missouri. On the downside, Hawkins had his sloppiest game of the year, throwing three picks of his own.

We clinch the Big 12 North with the win and now have three games we should be favored in against Nebraska, Iowa State and Western Kentucky. I'm looking the Big 12 South schedule and find myself torn between rooting for Fozzie's A&M squad and hoping they trip up in their next three tough games. I think I have a better chance against Texas and the AI than against Fozzie.

North Carolina State has a lot of fans in Boulder and Corvallis this week. Kentucky looks to be in a position where if they win out they should be in the title game. Colorado and Oregon State will likely Ohio State and Florida State to lose to get their shot.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:28 PM   #9
Galaxy
Coordinator

Damn it...I was up 17-7 early in the 2nd quarter against Army, and my controller decided to crap out. I'll have to run out and get a new controller this week.

On the recruiting front, we signed our first prospect. A 4-star, 6'5'', "A" speed receiver out of Georgia.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:04 AM   #10
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

bhlloy,

Today at 2:30 pacific time I'll be having oral surgery to get my Wisdom teeth removed. That means I'll be pretty much out of it on pain killers today, and thursday/friday. I imagine I should start returning to reality this weekend, so I'm shooting for a Sunday game if that's ok with you. Let me know.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:41 AM   #11
bhlloy
Coordinator

Sounds good to me. Sunday during the day is pretty good actually, was going to be in San Diego all weekend but now it looks like Friday night/Saturday only.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:04 PM   #12
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

#3 Kentucky picks apart #11 South Carolina 76-20. We played great defense all day (only giving up 2 big plays that led to TD's). We forced Chris Smelley into a multitude of INT's (like 6 or so). My QB had his first multiple-INT game of the season. I was trying to force the issue a couple of times and I paid for it.

It was 10-3 early on until I got my big plays going. I scored a TD on a 1-play drive, forced a punt, then scored on another 1-play drive and it was quickly 24-3. It was all downhill from there.

Kentucky is 10-0 and has their biggest remaining test as they travel to play WVUFan's Arkansas squad. This game almost got me last year (took a late 2nd half comeback to win it) and I'm really nervous about it this year. Records are only a small indicator in human vs human games. Hopefully I can win this one and make it to the national title game to play whoever else goes undefeated.

Good luck to everyone this week
Old 01-21-2009, 03:24 PM   #13
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Man, I'm almost hoping I don't go undefeated ... kingneb would turn me apart. My record in human vs. human games is weak to begin with and I've benefited from a soft schedule and a nearly perfect game against OU I doubt I could repeat.

I've put up ridiculous numbers like kingneb has in solo dynasties but that's with a team with ratings in the high 90s. I have no idea how you do it with the talent level our teams have. It's incredible.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:49 PM   #14
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

I'd love to give some thoughts on the way I play, but I think WVUFan would use them to tear *me* apart. I honestly don't think I'm that great (not trying to sound like a jerk or anything, just being honest). I think I was fortunate because I got some playmakers on my team and I was able to play to their skill set (my Heisman-winning WR from last year comes to mind). It's weird how different many of the games are. The last game had South Carolina mostly shut down certain parts of my offense. Thankfully I was able to adapt & make some big plays to open the game up. They almost totally shut down my running game...except for 3 big plays I made. The game before that, I ran for 300 yards in the first half, but their pass D shut me down and held me to 1-6 for 3 yards in the first half. I just had to change how I was playing to fit the team I was facing. That's nothing innovative, but it's what has made the difference for my team on a game-to-game basis.

I remember playing NCAA 07 I think it was, and getting absolutely crushed by a friend of mine. We played three different times and I couldn't stop him. At all. Ever. I was so thoroughly dominated that I swore off the game for the rest of the year. It was so amazingly frustrating and there was nothing I could do to stop him. He won every game by 20-40. It was awful. I'm just glad we have the online dynasty this year to keep everyone playing this game long after football season is over.

You can look at my stats and see what makes the difference in games I play. I need to make big plays on offense, avoid giving up big plays on defense, and win the turnover battle. If I do all three of those things then there's a good chance that I'll win. Things in the SEC are going to get even tougher when Galaxy's offense gets a few more weapons and WVUFan will be a tough out next week and next year. I'm not looking forward to the future...unless I get a great recruiting class.

I just hope that whatever happens, I get to play a human in the bowl game. Hopefully it's the one for all the Tostitos

Last edited by kingnebwsu : 01-21-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:15 PM   #15
Raiders Army
Coordinator

My strategy is always to score more points than the other team. More times than not, that wins games for me.
Old 01-21-2009, 06:19 PM   #16
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
We clinch the Big 12 North with the win and now have three games we should be favored in against Nebraska, Iowa State and Western Kentucky. I'm looking the Big 12 South schedule and find myself torn between rooting for Fozzie's A&M squad and hoping they trip up in their next three tough games. I think I have a better chance against Texas and the AI than against Fozzie.
Well now. Texas isn't undefeated any more. Oklahoma State got revenge from their loss last year to Texas by winning at home 41-14. There was never any doubt from the very beginning.

It's amazing the difference between playing a team rated 99 overall on the road and playing a team rated 94 overall at home. It was pathetically easy to win.

Anyhow, Texas now has a B12 loss and I don't think that Foz's loss was in the B12. You will probably play him in the championship game....oh, if only we could watch!
Old 01-21-2009, 07:04 PM   #17
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu View Post
I'd love to give some thoughts on the way I play, but I think WVUFan would use them to tear *me* apart. I honestly don't think I'm that great (not trying to sound like a jerk or anything, just being honest). I think I was fortunate because I got some playmakers on my team and I was able to play to their skill set (my Heisman-winning WR from last year comes to mind). It's weird how different many of the games are. The last game had South Carolina mostly shut down certain parts of my offense. Thankfully I was able to adapt & make some big plays to open the game up. They almost totally shut down my running game...except for 3 big plays I made. The game before that, I ran for 300 yards in the first half, but their pass D shut me down and held me to 1-6 for 3 yards in the first half. I just had to change how I was playing to fit the team I was facing. That's nothing innovative, but it's what has made the difference for my team on a game-to-game basis.

I remember playing NCAA 07 I think it was, and getting absolutely crushed by a friend of mine. We played three different times and I couldn't stop him. At all. Ever. I was so thoroughly dominated that I swore off the game for the rest of the year. It was so amazingly frustrating and there was nothing I could do to stop him. He won every game by 20-40. It was awful. I'm just glad we have the online dynasty this year to keep everyone playing this game long after football season is over.

You can look at my stats and see what makes the difference in games I play. I need to make big plays on offense, avoid giving up big plays on defense, and win the turnover battle. If I do all three of those things then there's a good chance that I'll win. Things in the SEC are going to get even tougher when Galaxy's offense gets a few more weapons and WVUFan will be a tough out next week and next year. I'm not looking forward to the future...unless I get a great recruiting class.

I just hope that whatever happens, I get to play a human in the bowl game. Hopefully it's the one for all the Tostitos

I appreciate you being worried about me, but if I remember our game last year, I kept it close in the first half by some incredibly lucky plays, which you stopped cold in the second half (5 interceptions). So, I really don't have much of a chance. But I loved our game last season --looking forward to this one, you're a fun one to play against.

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:25 PM   #18
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN View Post
I appreciate you being worried about me, but if I remember our game last year, I kept it close in the first half by some incredibly lucky plays, which you stopped cold in the second half (5 interceptions). So, I really don't have much of a chance. But I loved our game last season --looking forward to this one, you're a fun one to play against.

I honestly don't remember much about our first meeting...except that you had a 10-point lead in the first half (which was almost 17 but I managed to stop you). I also remember being down late in the third quarter. I played a great second half which was enough to defeat your great first half. It was just one of those games where I was glad to survive with a win. The turnover battle is so important to my defense, as I give up a ridiculous amount of yards almost every game. The good news is that I just need to beat Tennessee in my last game to play for the SEC title. Of course I want to win every game, but that's a good thing to have on the back burner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Well now. Texas isn't undefeated any more. Oklahoma State got revenge from their loss last year to Texas by winning at home 41-14. There was never any doubt from the very beginning.

It's amazing the difference between playing a team rated 99 overall on the road and playing a team rated 94 overall at home. It was pathetically easy to win.

Anyhow, Texas now has a B12 loss and I don't think that Foz's loss was in the B12. You will probably play him in the championship game....oh, if only we could watch!

I wish we could watch too! It's a bummer that it's not an option for at least the human vs human games (if not all of the games). I know the Pac-10 game this week would be fun to watch, as would my game at WVUFan next week, as would the conference championship games, which are shaping up to be quite interesting this year.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:17 PM   #19
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Heh. I really wish that we could have people watch human v human games (NCAA10, PLZKTHXBAI!)..

after a false start where my Xbox 360 lost the network, Texas A&M beats Oklahoma 31-21 to move to 8-1.

And Yeah, I'm worried about Colorado. Maybe RA can offer a Scouting Report on both of us before the B12 championship if we both get there (remember, I still have Texas left at the very least)
Old 01-22-2009, 08:42 PM   #20
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Heh. I really wish that we could have people watch human v human games (NCAA10, PLZKTHXBAI!)..

after a false start where my Xbox 360 lost the network, Texas A&M beats Oklahoma 31-21 to move to 8-1.

And Yeah, I'm worried about Colorado. Maybe RA can offer a Scouting Report on both of us before the B12 championship if we both get there (remember, I still have Texas left at the very least)

Did you play Oklahoma at home or away? I gotta tell you that Oklahoma was much harder than Texas so you should win big against the Longhorns.

Also, I played you this year but I haven't played kcchief. I played him last year and he was pretty tough. That being said, you're pretty tough this year so this is definitely going to be a good game!
Old 01-22-2009, 09:06 PM   #21
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

It was at Oklahoma.

The problem was I couldn't do a lot of adjustments, because the crowd was so loud (and my QB threw three picks as a result).. but we just stuck to double teaming the receivers and daring them to grind it out, and they just couldn't.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:10 PM   #22
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
I saw you were playing an online dynasty game while I was doing my RFL recruiting, so I was keeping an eye on your score. Once I saw you going up 17-6 I figured it was over.

We both still have some business to take care of and I can't afford to overlook anyone considering I had to go to overtime to beat the entire state of Kansas. I need to learn to play defense before the first of December!
Old 01-22-2009, 09:19 PM   #23
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

it was 31-14, they took back a score for a TD, and I didn't like that
Old 01-23-2009, 12:22 AM   #24
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu View Post

You just two incredible, speed-of-light playmakers at quarterback and running back. When your a crappy defense without any kind of speed to contain them like me, you just gotta hope to get a few lucky breaks and you have an offense to match point-for-point. Sadly, we didn't do this year (we still have a ways to go to improve).
Old 01-24-2009, 02:24 PM   #25
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Washington has another exciting late win, this time 31-27 over Arizona. Locker managed to play through his injury today, but he didn't play well, throwing 2 picks including a critical one while we were up by 4 with about 5 minutes left. With a short field, Arizona scored a TD to go up by 3. Locker missed an open receiver and had a receiver drop a ball to force a quick punt with 2 minutes left. Our defense stepped up again, as I got my first user pick of the year (I'm just not good at them) and took it to the house to make it 31-27. Our defense stepped up again with just under a minute left as they intercepted a pass just inside the 5. We ran out the clock (including a nice 23 yard run up the middle on 3rd and 2 by our backup HB to seal the game.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:03 PM   #26
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Nice win EF27! I bet you were pretty pumped on that pick-six. Wow...great way to end a game.

There are still 3 games left to play (two versus the AI and the epic Pac-10 human vs human matchup). Just over 24 hours left til the deadline
Old 01-24-2009, 07:33 PM   #27
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

bhlloy, when would you like to play our game tomorrow? I'll be home all the live long day, so let me know.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:37 PM   #28
bhlloy
Coordinator

There's a possibility I'll be reffing an AYSO game in the morning, so probably early afternoon? If you can get it in tonight, I'll be around for another couple of hours...
Old 01-24-2009, 08:05 PM   #29
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Early afternoon works just fine for me. I'm in California, so hopefully you're in or around the same time zone. Just give me a time, or time frame, and I'll look for you then.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:49 AM   #30
bhlloy
Coordinator

OK, I'm doing the game at 10:30 this morning, so look for me online sometime after noon PST
Old 01-25-2009, 12:09 PM   #31
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Got it. I'll look for you shortly after noon PST.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:03 PM   #32
bhlloy
Coordinator

Good game. It was 21-21 at half time, but I didn't score in the second half and I got doubled up 42-21. Two big second half interceptions by Canfield were the key.

Stanford is going to be very hard to beat with Luck continuing to develop and Sun at the controls. Don't think he threw a bad ball that got touched by our defense all game.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:07 PM   #33
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Good game bhlloy. The first half was definitely tight. Hell of a goal line stand by you, shutting me down cold and then taking it back for 6 a few plays later.

Luck finished the game completing 34 of 37 passes for 350+ yards, a few TD's, and no picks. Toby Gerhart ran 30 times for 110 yards, caught 7 balls for 70 yards, and picked up 3 TD's.

I had to mix up my gameplan and put some faster guys on the end to be able to keep up with Canfield...but once we were able to catch up to him he threw a few picks and in a game like this that was plenty enough to seal the deal.

Thanks for the kind words, and best of luck the rest of the way.

Next up is EF27 I believe.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 01-25-2009 at 04:07 PM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 04:31 PM   #34
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Wow, sounds like an exciting game. If I remember correctly, all that's between Stanford and a Pac-10 title is a game with EF27's Washington squad. The rest of the games against the AI are definitely winnable. Next week will have 2 big human vs human matchups.

Are we good to advance?
Old 01-25-2009, 04:39 PM   #35
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

You're right on with that Kingsneb. I dunno if bhlloy still has to play USC, or what EF's inter-conference record is, but I'm pretty sure that's right.

I think Galaxy still has to play his game against Army, or Navy, or whoever (CPU).
Old 01-25-2009, 04:42 PM   #36
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I haven't played either one of you yet this year. I'll be surprised if I can stay within 30 of Sun Tzu with how bad my defense is.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 01-25-2009 at 04:42 PM.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:17 PM   #37
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

EF...assuming we advance tonight, when is the best time for you to play our game? I'll be home all day tomorrow, then it's back to work tue-fri...so I'll be available any day after 5pm PST.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:31 PM   #38
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

That is going to be tough for me. I can't usually play late in the evening on weekdays, so I guess we'll be playing Friday. I get home at 5 central (give or take a few minutes for especially bad traffic.)

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 01-25-2009 at 06:31 PM.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:11 PM   #39
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Well...friday it is. I should be home...unless the lady springs something on me, but I doubt it.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:50 PM   #40
Galaxy
Coordinator

Sorry, I been out all the weekend.

EF27, if you want to advance, go ahead. I can play now (give me 45 minutes or so to play the game).
Old 01-25-2009, 08:59 PM   #41
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

You have time before the deadline to play now. If you don't mind, post here when you are done so I know to advance. Thanks.
Old 01-25-2009, 09:59 PM   #42
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Galaxy is done, advancing now. Really hoping to finally seal the deal on a big time recruit.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:06 PM   #43
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I got a server couldn't be found error message while trying to advance the week and am now getting a file can't be found message when trying to re-enter the dynasty... going to try to turning off my 360 and restarting from scratch. Hopefully, it works.
Old 01-25-2009, 10:11 PM   #44
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

FWIW, it hadn't really done anything when I tried to advance the week, so I think we are ok. Everything seems to have advanced properly now, but everyone should look at their scores just to make sure they are correct from this past week.