Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-25-2009, 10:16 PM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

NOFL Season 2 Week 11 Has Begun! Deadline is 1/30/09 at 10PM

This week my Washington Huskes travel to play Sun Tzu's Stanford team that is ranked 16th at 8-1. Also, Ironhead's BC team (6-3) hostes BigDPW's #22 NC State (7-2.) Last but not least, WVUFan's Arkansas team (3-6) faces KingNeb's 10-0 2nd ranked Kentucky squad.

Other big games are bhlloy's #13 Oregon State (7-1) at #7 USC (6-1), and SirFozzie's #14 Texas A&M at #20 Missouri (7-3).)

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:20 PM   #2
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oh yeah, everyone should double check to see their score from last week was credited properly because there was a "error message" while I was trying to advance, but it hadn't actually started processing the week so I think we are alright.

I really hope it is all correct, because Washington got their #1 priority! We felt we were so close to closing on this kid for the last 3 weeks, and I'm glad he finally gave a firm committment and am surprised that no one else seemed to really go hard after him. Chad Anderson is the #3 WR in the nation. He is 6'4" 185 pounds, a 5 star recruit with "A" Speed, "A+" acceleration, and "A-" agility. He has good hands and should be a stud with whatever scheme we run next year. I'm really happy to finally have an impact weapon on offense. He is sure to be starting as a freshman next year

Edit: I've been worried the last few weeks that one of you vultures was going to pry him away from us, so I'm really happy right now.

2nd edit: Oh yeah, he has B+ leaping ability and "B" Elusiveness. I sense some monster seasons coming from this kid.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 01-25-2009 at 10:24 PM.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:01 PM   #3
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Meh, that guy isn't that good Congrats on the big signing. I dread all of my SEC rival's signings...especially on offense.

So as we enter week 11, the championship picture is starting to shake out.

The ACC championship game will have Karl's Virginia squad playing the winner of Florida State/Clemson (a game next week I believe).

The Big XII championship game will have #3 Colorado play the winner of Texas A&M/Texas (also next week I think).

The Pac 10 championship is Stanford's to lose. They win out and it's their title. Their toughest test remaining (by far) is this week's game against EF27's Washington.

The SEC championship will most likely be the winner of next week's Kentucky/Tennessee matchup against a team from the SEC West. It's too close to call the West right now, so I won't go into all of the potential matchups.

There are 5 teams with a shot at playing for the national championship. They are:

#1 Florida State
#2 Kentucky
#3 Colorado
#4 Notre Dame (!!!)
#5 West Virginia

Of all of these teams, I think Florida State has by far the toughest schedule. They have road games at Clemson and at Florida, both of whom are in the top 20. They also have a potential ACC championship game against Virginia. I'll be surprised if they can win out.

Kentucky has (again, by far) their toughest remaining game at WVUFan's Arkansas squad this week. Even if we get through that, we play against Tennessee and then hopefully the SEC title game.

Colorado will be cheering against Florida State every week while trying to win their remaining games.

Notre Dame will have to play a tough USC team at the end of the year while West Virginia gets to lounge around in the Big East. Both of these teams will need multiple undefeated teams to lose to play for the title.

The biggest national news was Ohio State falling at home in overtime to a .500 Iowa squad. That makes two years in a row where Iowa has defeated a team much better than them to knock them out of the championship race I thought Ohio State would win out. They only have 11 total games, no conference title game, and only one game against a team in the top 25 (which they had already won).

Things are becoming clearer and I'm hoping that we can have a human player win all 4 of the conferences we play in. Good luck to everyone in this week's games!
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 11:01 PM   #4
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

WVUFan, when do you want to play this week? I know your schedule is a lot stricter since you guys had your baby, so I'll try and be flexible. Here's when I can play this week (all times listed are EST):

Monday: Can't play
Tuesday: 7 PM-Midnight
Wednesday: 7 PM-Midnight
Thursday: Tentatively Noon-Midnight, but that may change
Friday: Can't play

I guess that's not as open as I wanted it to be. On Tuesday or Wednesday I may be able to play earlier than 7 PM, but it will be a wait & see situation. I will post here as soon as I know more. I should be off all day Thursday, so anytime that day should work fine. I'll post again here (late) Monday night once I'm able to finalize my work schedule. Just post here if any of the listed times work for you. I'd like to get the game in as early as possible to avoid any issues.

Thanks

Last edited by kingnebwsu : 01-25-2009 at 11:05 PM.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:11 PM   #5
kcchief19
Pro Starter

There's an echo in here ...

I'm stunned at the Ohio State loss. That was huge for my title hopes. I'm simply amazed at this Cinderella season. Colorado didn't even make a bowl game this season and considering the cardiac nature of some of our wins, I never would have dream we'd be in this spot.

We have some names on our remaining schedule but assuming we continue to play at the level we have and no one key gets hurt, we should be able to make the Big XII title game. Fozzie has handled me pretty well in our earlier games and I would make him a 10-point favorite in the title game.

Still can't believe we're No. 3 ... amazing.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 11:32 PM   #6
Ironhead
College Prospect

BigDPW:

I should be available any day this week between 7 PM and 11 PM EST. Please specify a firm day and time that would work for you.

Thanks.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:02 AM   #7
BigDPW
College Prospect

Usually after 8pm works for me once I can get the rugrat to bed and have a few moments to spend with my wife and the newborn. I am not aware of any particular night that will be problematic yet. Lets try to see if we can get it done tonight around 8-9pm ish.
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:02 AM   #8
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sun Tzu,

I know this is a longshot since it is early for you, but I have some unexpected free time this morning before I go to work. If you can start a game in the next half hour, we could play this morning.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:13 AM   #9
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Not really sure when you posted this...
Old 01-26-2009, 10:14 AM   #10
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Ah...looks like I have the settings set to central time instead of pacific time. Nuts, yeah sorry man I was having breakfast w/ the wife before she left for work.
Old 01-26-2009, 10:15 AM   #11
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I posted it a little over an hour ago. Unfortunately, I don't have enough time now as I leave for work in about 45 minutes.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:25 PM   #12
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Stanford signed the #2 DT (5*) in the nation this week, along with the #8 and #9 DE's (4*). This makes the second 5* signee we've had this year, and a total of 8 or 9 signees, the rest of which are 4*. This has been a great recruiting year for me, compared to PSU in the RFL where in week 3 of the offseason recruiting I still only have 4 signees.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:37 PM   #13
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu View Post
WVUFan, when do you want to play this week? I know your schedule is a lot stricter since you guys had your baby, so I'll try and be flexible. Here's when I can play this week (all times listed are EST):

Monday: Can't play
Tuesday: 7 PM-Midnight
Wednesday: 7 PM-Midnight
Thursday: Tentatively Noon-Midnight, but that may change
Friday: Can't play

I guess that's not as open as I wanted it to be. On Tuesday or Wednesday I may be able to play earlier than 7 PM, but it will be a wait & see situation. I will post here as soon as I know more. I should be off all day Thursday, so anytime that day should work fine. I'll post again here (late) Monday night once I'm able to finalize my work schedule. Just post here if any of the listed times work for you. I'd like to get the game in as early as possible to avoid any issues.

Thanks

Tuesday I can play after 8 PM, so that might be a good time.

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:01 PM   #14
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDPW View Post
Usually after 8pm works for me once I can get the rugrat to bed and have a few moments to spend with my wife and the newborn. I am not aware of any particular night that will be problematic yet. Lets try to see if we can get it done tonight around 8-9pm ish.

Alright, I'll be on.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:10 PM   #15
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Last night Virginia took out Georgia Tech. Mikell Simpson couldn't get it going in the first half, but then exploded for two long TD runs in the second, finishing with over 170 yards rushing.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:56 PM   #16
BigDPW
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
Alright, I'll be on.

I will be on shortly. Will probably go through recruiting first real quick if that is okay with you...
Old 01-26-2009, 09:13 PM   #17
Ironhead
College Prospect

Had a really close, tense game against BigDPW's NC State squad. BigDPW came one last pass into the endzone short of a comeback and we hold on to win 27-21. BigDPW probably played the better game but I just had the good luck to play his team on the day they forgot how to tackle.

Freshman tailback Damon Blumenthal was excellent in his first game back from injury and racked up over 200 yards on the ground. It was by far and away our best rushing game of the season and close to breaking a school record.

INT return for touchdown in the first half:

We take the kickoff to open the 2nd half all the way:

This was the big turning point in the game in my opinion. As the 3rd quarter expires and only up 20-14 we force a fumble on a QB scramble:

The very next play is an 84 yard touchdown run by Blumenthal off a great option pitch by the QB:

Late in the game as we tried to grind out the win Blumenthanl busts a long 59 yard run:

GG again BigDPW and good luck the rest of the way.

Last edited by Ironhead : 01-26-2009 at 11:58 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:28 PM   #18
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Colorado move to 10-0 with a relatively routine 52-27 win at Iowa State. Still way too little defense. That will eventually catch up with me.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:06 AM   #19
bhlloy
Coordinator

New week, same old crap for OSU. Up 6-0 at the half (where the hell did I get a defense from), Canfield throws four picks in the second half and USC wins 28-12.

USC's talent level is so ridiculous - two of the four picks (Galippo and Mays) weren't bad throws, but they made sick plays on the ball. In fact, I don't think Mays could even have got to that ball - I nearly threw my controller through the screen.

Anyhow, time to close out strong and then in Week 14 see if I can get my first win over a human and end up with a 10-2 season, which will still be a very good year for a very average team. I think we match up really well with UDub, should be a great game.
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:11 AM   #20
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN View Post
Tuesday I can play after 8 PM, so that might be a good time.

Tuesday after 8 PM EST sounds good. I will logon to FOFC and/or X-Box Live to see if you're around a bit before 8:00. Tomorrow is gameday!
Old 01-27-2009, 08:24 AM   #21
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Bummer about the loss to SC bhlloy. The speed and talent level on that team is like playing against Ohio State...unless you are perfect on 95% of your plays and you force a half dozen turnovers, you stand very little chance of pulling out a victory.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:32 PM   #22
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Got a 5* CB and a really good 4* Running back to sign with me. That was almost the only good news of the week. Missouri made big play after big play, our tackling was abominable, and we trailed 21-7 and 28-14 in the first half. The momentum shift was after we scored to make it 28-21 late in the first half, they throw a pick, and we manage to squeak one out with a FG to make it 28-24 at the half.

Late in the game, up 38-35, with 2:30 to play, they attempt a short field goal from the left hash mark, and pull it horribly wide right. We manage to win the game, 38-35, and have an off week before the show down with Texas in two weeks.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:07 PM   #23
WVUFAN
College Starter

King: I'm available from now until 10 or so, if you're online. PM me.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:25 PM   #24
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

On Live now. Just PM'ed you. See you soon.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:44 PM   #25
BigDPW
College Prospect

Quote:
Had a really close, tense game against BigDPW's NC State squad. BigDPW came one last pass into the endzone short of a comeback and we hold on to win 27-21. BigDPW probably played the better game but I just had the good luck to play his team on the day they forgot how to tackle.

Freshman tailback Damon Blumenthal was excellent in his first game back from injury and racked up over 200 yards on the ground. It was by far and away our best rushing game of the season and close to breaking a school record.

INT return for touchdown in the first half:

We take the kickoff to open the 2nd half all the way:

This was the big turning point in the game in my opinion. As the 3rd quarter expires and only up 20-14 we force a fumble on a QB scramble:

The very next play is an 84 yard touchdown run by Blumenthal off a great option pitch by the QB:

Late in the game as we tried to grind out the win Blumenthanl busts a long 59 yard run:

GG again BigDPW and good luck the rest of the way.

Great game. I couldn't keep from shooting myself in the foot all night and gave up way too many big plays which is exactly the opposite of what I normally try to do. Every timeout I would choose to coach on "Tackle Better" but it never really helped.

I thought you played a smart game and even though I drove down at the end with a chance to win I never felt comfortable all night. Never really felt like I got into my typical game against you except for the first drive and then I threw a pick to end that one...

Congrats on the win.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:25 PM   #26
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Kentucky defeats Arkansas 59-29 to go to 11-0 on the season. It was a 3-0 game early on and it looked as if it would be low scoring...but 5 straight TD drives (3 by Kentucky and 2 by Arkansas) changed the complexion of the game. The big turning point came on the game's early turnover that lead to a big play score by the Wildcats. Another big play came with :05 left in the first half and no timeouts. I dropped back for a pass and threw to my backup RB who got hit on the goalline and *barely* broke the plane for a TD with :01 left in the half. That made the score 38-14 at the half and was a huge momentum swing.

The game was marked by several things. Of the 12 total TD's scored, 6 were on plays of 50+ yards. That was crazy. My starting QB was hurt for over a quarter early on and my starting RB was hurt in the 2nd & 3rd quarter. Thankfully my backup QB played his best game all year and we pulled out the win.

Another big game next week for the SEC East title at home against #6 Tennessee. #2 vs #6 should be a pretty good one. I'm really glad I have this one at home. Hopefully I can pull this one out and have a chance to play for my second straight SEC championship.

Good game WVUFan...good luck the rest of the way. In the offseason, I hope you can get some help on the O-line and a faster delivery motion for Mallett
Old 01-30-2009, 06:55 AM   #27
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sun Tzu, things still good for tonight or did your wife spring something on you? If things are good, what time is good? I'd prefer earlier in the evening, but it doesn't really matter. I get home about 5 central.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:04 AM   #28
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:

Nice to see my sole contribution to BC doing well.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:43 AM   #29
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Crap. I just played my game and won 59-17 over KU. When I exited out of the game it got stuck on the loading screen and didn't upload the result. I'll have to wait until tonight to replay.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:44 AM   #30
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

EF,

I'll be getting home from the gym around 6pm pacific time...then I'll probably need time to shower and all that. How does 7 pacific sound to you? I know that's 9pm your time, hopefully not too late.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:56 AM   #31
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
EF,

I'll be getting home from the gym around 6pm pacific time...then I'll probably need time to shower and all that. How does 7 pacific sound to you? I know that's 9pm your time, hopefully not too late.

Later than I'd like as I'm usually exhausted by the end of the work week but should be doable. Regardless of how tired I am or am not, I expect you to beat us soundly. The other option is that if the other human vs human games aren't played by tonight, we'll be extending 1 day for those. If that happens, how would tomorrow look for you?
Old 01-30-2009, 03:47 PM   #32
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Tomorrow I'm in and out all day...I could get the game in at 8pm central time if that's any better?
Old 01-30-2009, 03:59 PM   #33
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
Tomorrow I'm in and out all day...I could get the game in at 8pm central time if that's any better?

8PM would be better. As sad it is, with my current work schedule I'm usually fighting off sleep by 10 most nights. I stay up later on Fridays, but I'm usually drowsy and if I'm going to keep it credible I'd rather have my full mental faculties. There is an interesting study that shows after being up for 14 or more hours at the end of a work week, people's reflexes are decreased as much as they would be if they had 1 to 2 beers and were caught up on sleep.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:04 PM   #34
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Gotcha...yeah I should be able to pull that off...I'll just workout a bit quicker than normal.

1-2 beers? Crap, after 2 beers I can't do much of anything...

I'll see you online then.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:05 PM   #35
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
There is an interesting study that shows after being up for 14 or more hours at the end of a work week, people's reflexes are decreased as much as they would be if they had 1 to 2 beers and were caught up on sleep.

That's really interesting!
Old 01-30-2009, 05:22 PM   #36
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Huh....I guess I shouldn't be pounding them down before and during my games.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:48 PM   #37
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Unless you're Dr. Johnny Fever.
Old 01-30-2009, 06:30 PM   #38
Raiders Army
Coordinator

We won the 2nd time around, although it was less high of a score. 49-14.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:47 PM   #39
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We are set to advance on time tonight. The game between myself and Sun Tzu is the last game to be played this week. WVUFan and Galaxy still need to recruit.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:20 PM   #40
WVUFAN
College Starter

Will recruit tonight.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:23 PM   #41
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Cool.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:25 PM   #42
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Next week is a big week. Looking forward to hear how the Pac-10 matchup went
Old 01-30-2009, 09:26 PM   #43
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

That was one of the most frustrating games I've ever played. We couldn't get anything going offensively. Stanford had a 24-0 lead and cruised to an easy 33-6 win. Congrats on the win, Sun Tzu.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 01-30-2009 at 09:28 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:27 PM   #44
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

Only Galaxy left for recruiting. I'll be advancing shortly after the deadline.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:38 PM   #45
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Thanks EF.

Definitely a very solid win for the Cardinal tonight. Though it wasn't super convincing on offense, it was our best defensive performance of the year. We sacked Locker 4 times, forced 3 picks, hurried him all game long, and held him to 87 yards. We also only allowed 10 yards rushing on 16 attempts, making a total of 97 yards allowed overall.

EF really held his own on defense, only giving up 42 yards on the ground despite me running the ball 30 times and consistently trying to grind it out. I think I only had 2 runs all game over 5 yards. Andrew Luck completed 20 of 28 passes for 260 yards and a TD, with no picks. We didn't turn the ball over once in a miserable rainy day in Palo Alto, but EF sure as hell made us earn every single yard.

This puts us as 9-1, and as long as I win 1 of my 2 remaining games (2-7 Washington State and 4-5 Cal) I will get my first Pac-10 title.

Good game, and best of luck the rest of the way to EF.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 01-30-2009 at 09:39 PM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote