Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-07-2009, 08:25 PM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

RFL 2010, Week 2 - Deadline 2/11 (Wednesday) at Midnight EST

Let's roll, boyz!

Last edited by Kodos : 02-09-2009 at 11:14 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 09:51 PM   #2
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

PSU blew out Central Florida in their home opener by a score of 57-14. QB Marcus Castillo, a redshirt freshman, took a little bit of time to settle down (2 first half wildly thrown INT's), but once he did he was stellar. Throwing for over 400 yards, with his main target being Heisman frontrunner Zach Wright who had 8 catches for over 200 yards. Homerun hitter HB Brad Riggs ran for 120 yards on 11 carries, and Josh Young did a good job grinding it out on the ground the rest of the time. The defense was flying all over the place, and knocked the starting QB out of the game on two separate occasions.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 02-07-2009 at 09:52 PM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:40 PM   #3
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Frack, frack, frack. Led Florida State most of the way, was up 24-7 at one point. They worked their way back but I scored with little over a minute to play to go up 31-21 and salt the game away.

Except, my cornerback went to tip a pass that he had covered and simply missed the ball. The saftey appeared to be too stunned to react and Florida State caught it for a long TD. I recover the onside kick and have a 3rd and a long 2 with about 30 seconds to play and Florida State with one time out. I run the balll ... and fumble. Florida State picks it up and runs it back for a TD with 9 seconds left.

Ran my own version of Cal-Stanford but one of my linemen fumbled the pitch and the game was over. Frack.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:47 PM   #4
Kodos
Resident Alien

Ouch. What a way to lose.

Indiana pulls our starters too soon and lets a game Cincy team back in it, but the Hoosiers ultimately prevail 62-52 on the road. Freshman RB Zach Longshore scored 4 times, including a couple of long runs. Plenty of offense in Indiana, but not much defense. But a win is a win. Oh, and our true freshman QB Sampson hit on something like 16 of 17 passes for 300+ and multiple touchdowns.

Last edited by Kodos : 02-08-2009 at 12:31 AM.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:50 PM   #5
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

56-21 BC, my RB busted a couple of good runs, and the only real offense Navy had was those dammed "Throw the ball fourty feet in the air" plays.

And Kcchief, OW.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:53 AM   #6
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
Except, my cornerback went to tip a pass that he had covered and simply missed the ball. The saftey appeared to be too stunned to react and Florida State caught it for a long TD. I recover the onside kick and have a 3rd and a long 2 with about 30 seconds to play and Florida State with one time out. I run the balll ... and fumble. Florida State picks it up and runs it back for a TD with 9 seconds left.

OOF. That is a tough loss there Damn FSU.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 02:32 AM   #7
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
Frack, frack, frack. Led Florida State most of the way, was up 24-7 at one point. They worked their way back but I scored with little over a minute to play to go up 31-21 and salt the game away.

Ran my own version of Cal-Stanford but one of my linemen fumbled the pitch and the game was over. Frack.

Yeah, FSU is a real pain the ass. They cost me a chance at the title game in the 2008 season, and I had a tough time beating them at home this season. I'm not looking forward to going to Tallahassee this season. Well, I guess I kind of am.

Tough loss, though.

Tomorrow we have a huge game: Detox's #6 Michigan Wolverines travel to death valley to face my #8 Clemson Tigers. I can't wait for this game. Last year, we edged them 17-13 in the Big House, but the two teams should look a bit different. Expect much more offense in this one.

GO TIGERS!
Old 02-08-2009, 10:47 AM   #8
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Although the loss of Travon Patterson hurts, I think I have a more loaded team this year than last. Corp beat out Mustain in practice and his combination of accuracy and foot speed makes our offense a bit more dangerous than it was under Sanchez. I think our defense is better as well.

McKnight started his Heisman campaign with a very nice performance in a little over 3 quarters he had 24 carries for 158 yards and 5 TD's. He also had 4 catches for 86 yards and a TD.

Corp also had a nice debut going over 340 yards and 3 TD's with 1 INT.

Ronald Johnson had 1 short pass that he turned into a long TD and another TD on a deep post route.

The defense was great except for 1 play where I whiffed on a tackle. We beat Fresno State 77-10 with our 2nd strings playing most of the 4th quarter.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 03:36 PM   #9
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Pumpy when are you available? I am avail after 7PM tonight, MON and WED.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:34 PM   #10
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Michigan vs Clemson II was even more intense then last years 17-13 Clemson win. This time however the Wolverines prevailed 48-45 in a damned dog fight.

Karl WOULD NOT go away. We had the most INSANE series of plays ever. 4 TD in 40 seconds.

I scored first when I rocked his PR, scooped the ball and scored from 17 yards out.

Then Karl takes the kick 101 yards.

My next play is an 80 yard TD to my RB over the middle.

Then Karl takes that kick 92 yards for a TD and we go to half up 10.

Unreal.

Karl outscored me 24-17 in the second half but thankfully we just barely held on, giving us a great start to the year.

GG Karl, as always.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:49 PM   #11
Radii
Head Coach

dammit detox. Go ACC! Sounds like a great game, just the wrong team on top at the end.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:50 PM   #12
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

It was a really fun game. Frustrating at times (see: the entire first half). Danny put me into a hole, and every time I needed just a defensive stop to get back in it, his offense would make the plays to keep me out of reach.

GG, bro.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:54 PM   #13
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Also .. FUCK DeQuan Bowers, Clemsons stud DE. He had 5 sacks total, 4 of them in the first quarter. I literally could not run a PA pass.
Old 02-08-2009, 08:51 PM   #14
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Good week progressin here. Down to just 4 guys left, and 2 are playing one another.
Old 02-08-2009, 09:38 PM   #15
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1409 View Post
Pumpy when are you available? I am avail after 7PM tonight, MON and WED.
Monday night should work for me, but I'm not sure exactly what time. Probably around 8pm or so. How does that sound?
Old 02-08-2009, 10:00 PM   #16
Mike1409
High School Varsity

That sounds good see you around 8!
Old 02-09-2009, 03:37 PM   #17
Radii
Head Coach

Very frustrating road loss for Georgia Tech at UNC. We miss an extra point that throws our totals off the rest of the way but that didn't decide the game in the end. We just could not tackle... they kept completing 10 yard passes and breaking 3 tackles to turn short gains into 70 yard TDs. After going up 7-0 they managed 4 TD's in less than 3 minutes and we were clawing back the entire time.

In addition to the missed tackles, we turned the ball over 3 times, and they scored all 3 times.

North Carolina 45
Georgia Tech 39

Would have been 45-42 if we hadn't missed an XP and started missing 2 point conversions to try to make up for it. either way, frustrating loss to start the season.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:55 PM   #18
Galaxy
Coordinator

I'll get my game in later tonight. Was away over the weekend.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 07:08 PM   #19
Galaxy
Coordinator

With two talented recruits in South Bend for our season opener against in-state rivals Purdue, we hoped to put last year behind us.

We managed to come out with a 41-20 victory and look forward to next week's rivalry game with Dex and Michigan.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:05 PM   #20
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Kick his ass Galaxy.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:15 PM   #21
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
Kick his ass Galaxy.

It should be a good game (they always are). This is my best team yet (94 overall rating) and we are faster then ever. The odd part is our recruiting classes from the past two years are still a year or so away from starting (not that they aren't contributing now). I just need to keep Clausen's arm out of trouble.

Last edited by Galaxy : 02-09-2009 at 08:21 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:34 PM   #22
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Won a hard fought game over Pumpy's Gophers 20-10. If I didn't have so much more overall talent I would have gotten beat. Good luck the rest of the season!

Last edited by Mike1409 : 02-09-2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:32 PM   #23
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1409 View Post
Won a hard fought game over Pumpy's Gophers 20-10. If I didn't have so much more overall talent I would have gotten beat. Good luck the rest of the season!
Yep, your players won that game with pure talent. The game was closer until my guys just started to wear down, particularly on the defensive line. Couldn't get much of a pass rush in the fourth quarter, and Mike converted a 3rd and 15 or so with a 13-10 lead to preserve his final scoring drive. I'm proud of my Gophers for hanging in there. I mean, who would've thought we'd go down to Gainesville against the #1 team in the country and only give up 20 points?

Good luck to the Gators. Mike, I think you have a serious shot at the title, although I'm sure USC and Michigan might have something to say about that when bowl time comes.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:33 PM   #24
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Yep, your players won that game with pure talent. The game was closer until my guys just started to wear down, particularly on the defensive line. Couldn't get much of a pass rush in the fourth quarter, and Mike converted a 3rd and 15 or so with a 13-10 lead to preserve his final scoring drive. I'm proud of my Gophers for hanging in there. I mean, who would've thought we'd go down to Gainesville against the #1 team in the country and only give up 20 points?

Good luck to the Gators. Mike, I think you have a serious shot at the title, although I'm sure USC and Michigan might have something to say about that when bowl time comes.

I knew I always tolerated you for a reason!
Old 02-09-2009, 10:45 PM   #25
Kodos
Resident Alien

We're ready to advance!

Last edited by Kodos : 02-09-2009 at 11:14 PM.