Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-15-2009, 11:00 PM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

NOFL Season 2 Championship Week Has Begun! Deadline is 2/20/09 at 10 PM

In what should be an epic game, SirFozzie's #9 Texas A&M hosts Kcchief's #2 Colorado (12-0.)

Other games this week include Karlfornia's #12 Virginia (10-2) vs #24 Clemson (9-3) and KingNeb's #1 Kentucky (12-0) vs #20 LSU (8-3.)

The rest of us have byes and there is no recruiting this week.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 04:26 AM   #2
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

I lost the ACC title game to Clemson by a 30-21 score. My offense put up 21 points in the first half, and none in the second. At one point in the 4th quarter I was down 27-21, and missed a chip shot field goal from the left hash marks. It was really deflating.

Well, a 10-3 finish headed into the bowl season is nothing to hang my head about, considering the team I had was nothing more than slightly above average. That's not to say I willed this team to the finish completely with my own stellar play. In fact, I think that for the most part my guys played above their heads, and gave me a chance to win every game. For that, I am grateful.

Now it's on to bowl season!
Old 02-16-2009, 06:51 AM   #3
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
I lost the ACC title game to Clemson by a 30-21 score. My offense put up 21 points in the first half, and none in the second. At one point in the 4th quarter I was down 27-21, and missed a chip shot field goal from the left hash marks. It was really deflating.

Well, a 10-3 finish headed into the bowl season is nothing to hang my head about, considering the team I had was nothing more than slightly above average. That's not to say I willed this team to the finish completely with my own stellar play. In fact, I think that for the most part my guys played above their heads, and gave me a chance to win every game. For that, I am grateful.

Now it's on to bowl season!

Tough loss Karl. Congrats on making it to the championship game. That RB is a beast eh? I think his name is Spiller.

I'll root for kcchief in the B12 Championship game, primarily because if he wins then it's a human/human National Championship game. Go Buffs!
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 07:08 AM   #4
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Tough loss Karl. Congrats on making it to the championship game. That RB is a beast eh? I think his name is Spiller.

I'll root for kcchief in the B12 Championship game, primarily because if he wins then it's a human/human National Championship game. Go Buffs!

Yeah, C.J. Spiller was definitely a thorn in my side. He had a 40+ yard TD run in the first half, and make a lot of tough runs down the stretch to ice the win.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:09 PM   #5
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Fozzie, what's your schedule look like? Wednesday is out completely for me but I should be around most nights this week otherwise.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 03:23 PM   #6
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

2-10 today, off tommorrow, 2-10 rest of the week.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:43 PM   #7
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Looks like we're going to be playing tonight. COME ON YOU AGGIES!
Old 02-16-2009, 09:51 PM   #8
bhlloy
Coordinator

Can you see if I got any commits this week? Internet setup in the new place is still kind of sketchy, so it will be a pain in the ass to make it online just to see.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:32 PM   #9
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

GG Chief. Those two INT's in the end zone were the difference. It just was two stupid decisions on my part, especially the pick six. I took 3 points off the board and gave you seven.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:37 PM   #10
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Now that I look at my last post, I want to make sure that I don't sound bitter (I'm frustrated, but more at myself). You comprehensively out played my defense. You did great, and I hope you win the title for the Big 12
Old 02-16-2009, 10:46 PM   #11
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Thanks! The pick-6 just before halftime was the difference. I gave you that shortfield at 14-7 and when you tied it up I was in a funk. I had a 14-0 lead and we were back to even. That was an incredible defensive plan on the pick you made. I was running the route down the middle and when you blitzed I thought was going to have him wide open. Even when the linebacker dropped back I thought I had him looked off with the fake, he was open for a second and when the ball gets there you were all over.

I had some quick passes I have NO IDEA how I completed. Freshman WR Tony Meeks had himself a whale of a ball game. He had some big down the field catches and got yards after the catch, but the biggest catch was on the first drive when he skied up to catch a line drive from Hawkins for a conversion on third down.

That was a war. Let's do it again next season assuming I don't go back to sucking and RA doesn't take you down.

It will also be interesting to see who wins the Maxwell. Johnson and Hawkins were 1-2 heading into this week but I don't know if Hawkins' performance this week was enough to put him over the top. You pretty much took away any chance Scott had of winning the Walker -- you realize I completed ONE measley pass to my running backs today? That's a bad drive for me, much less a game.

I'm not sure what to do now. I wasn't expecting to win. kingsneb will torch me. Go LSU!
Old 02-16-2009, 10:48 PM   #12
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Now that I look at my last post, I want to make sure that I don't sound bitter (I'm frustrated, but more at myself). You comprehensively out played my defense. You did great, and I hope you win the title for the Big 12
I didn't think you were bitter -- or no more bitter than I would be.

I was hoping you wouldn't be too pissed at me for my QB sneak at the end for a first down. I figured we were both allowed one per game.

Of course, I fumbled the freakin' ball so I guess next time I should punt. If my lineman hadn't fallen on that, I would be curled in a ball right now sobbing.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:50 PM   #13
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Heheheh. BTW, I KNEW you were faking on the fourth and one, but I didn't think it was the up back up the middle fake.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:57 PM   #14
kcchief19
Pro Starter

I pulled out all the stops, didn't I? Fake punt, the Wildcat ... I sent more men in motion and called more hot routes than I ever have before. The pounding you gave me last season still haunts my dreams. NOFL-related dreams at least.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:59 PM   #15
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I'm going to regret not running the ball in the red zone.. I was able to do that real well, at least.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:11 PM   #16
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Can you see if I got any commits this week? Internet setup in the new place is still kind of sketchy, so it will be a pain in the ass to make it online just to see.

I'm not sure if it will let me view your list or not. I'll try to do so tomorrow if it will let me.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:19 AM   #17
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
Go LSU!

You should have said "Go NCAA 09 and football's greatest injuries!" My game was freakin' ridiculous. I'm sure people don't want to hear complaining from me since my team is undefeated, but I'm going to whine anyway

Just so we're clear on how the game played out:

Starting HB was hurt against Tennessee and was out for the SEC title game
Starting QB (and former Heisman front-runner) got knocked out for the game on the first drive
My starting (and best) WR got hit hard late in the first quarter and is out for the season

Just so we're clear, those are my THREE best offensive weapons that were out for this game. Wow. I've never had a game like this before.

So the game was close through the whole first half. We scored right before halftime and were up by 2 or 3 TD's going into the half. We really found our groove passing the ball (thankfully) with the backup QB and had a huge lead at the start of the 4th quarter. Something like 49-21 with 5.5 minutes left in the game. Fearing another (!!!) injury I put in my 2nd string defense. We quickly give up a TD. 49-28. We get the ball back (with our 2nd string offense in), make it 3rd & 1 and I do the rarely used FB-dive. I know why I rarely use it...my FB fumbles and LSU recovers. LSU scores in something crazy like 3 plays and it's 49-35. I put my starters back in since the game is close. My running isn't doing anything because we're out our QB & HB are both out for the game. I drop back for a pass on 3rd down and, of course, it's intercepted. It was truly an awful throw by my QB (thanks backup QB!). LSU drives and scores against my first-string defense on a play where 3 of my defenders literally fall on the ground trying to get to their WR. TD LSU. 49-42 score. Argh. We recover the 2nd straight onside kick and are able to convert a few first downs and get the ball on the 2 yard line, 1st & goal with :30 left and LSU is out of timeouts. Corso says to take a knee but I am royally pissed at the game, so I run the ball into the endzone to make it 56-42. LSU gets the ball back and on the first play they throw an INT which I return to their 20. An 11 yard run and I'm to 1st & goal from the 9. I call timeout with :06 left because I'm really really pissed and I want to score again. I throw the ball to my super-triple-backup WR for a TD and a 63-42 win.

So uh, we're SEC champs...!!! Whoo-hoo? It's really hard to be excited after a game where it felt like the game made me grab my ankles and proceeded to mock my backups. The good news is that we're "only" down our best WR for the national championship game. Ridiculous.

Sorry about my bitter & angry rant. I have to work a lot the next couple of days so I wanted to get my game in so everyone wasn't waiting on me. After what happened I almost wished I had waited...
-------------
So uh, whoo-hoo! It will be a human vs human matchup for the championship! That's very exciting for the league. Kentucky vs Colorado for the NCAA Football championship? Sounds like a realistic 2009 season to me

Hopefully we get a few more human vs human matchups in the bowl games. EF27, you're good to go ahead and advance. Good luck to everyone in their bowl games! May your games be injury-free and may you beat the living crap out of the AI if they try to injure any of your players
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 12:34 AM   #18
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I'm not sure if it will let me view your list or not. I'll try to do so tomorrow if it will let me.

IIRC correctly it won't let you see my list, but it should let you find me in the team rankings and that will at least give me a count of 4 star, 3 star, 2 star guys.

Of course I'll probably have picked up one three star guy and will have no clue who he is, but still worth a shot

If you get a chance that would be great, otherwise I'll just check it out in a couple of days once I get my wireless up and running.

Last edited by bhlloy : 02-17-2009 at 12:34 AM.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:22 AM   #19
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu View Post
So uh, whoo-hoo! It will be a human vs human matchup for the championship! That's very exciting for the league. Kentucky vs Colorado for the NCAA Football championship? Sounds like a realistic 2009 season to me
Good luck and may the best team win. It will take a Herculean effort from my Buffaloes to knock off the defending national champs.

I really don't know what to make of this season. In my main single-player dynasty, I had teams much better than this team never make a conference title game. I missed both OSU and A&M in the regular season with the toughest game on my schedule OU. I got real lucky along the way -- back-to-back overtime wins and the two best games I've ever played against OU and A&M in the conference title game. And let's not forget that the whole thing almost never got off the ground following that nail-biter season opener against BC when I iced Ironhead's kicker to preserve the win on the final play.

To a certain degree this team just fits my style. I switched to the Missouri spread playbook with which I'm more familiar and I got a speedy freshman RB to back up Scott that opened up the passing and running game. I had some speed and size at WR on board already and freshman WR Tony Meeks is my Jeremy Maclin -- the kid can flatout fly. Our defense has been weak all season but we've been able to outscore people. It also helped that Hawkins stayed healthy most of the season unlike last year.

Time to roll the dice and see what happens. The Buffs have to be huge underdogs. This was a 5-7 team a year ago. We have no business being in this game.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:30 PM   #20
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
IIRC correctly it won't let you see my list, but it should let you find me in the team rankings and that will at least give me a count of 4 star, 3 star, 2 star guys.

Of course I'll probably have picked up one three star guy and will have no clue who he is, but still worth a shot

If you get a chance that would be great, otherwise I'll just check it out in a couple of days once I get my wireless up and running.

You currently have 2 3 star guys and 1 2 star guy signed.

As an aside, I'm shocked to see that Washington's class is 11th despite me taking a quality over quantity (which I think artificially raised last year's ranking) approach.

It looks like 2 human controlled teams are in the top 10 recruiting classes at this point.

Advancing now..

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 02-17-2009 at 04:30 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:31 PM   #21
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Congrats to the Heisman Winner!

Since there aren't any human teams in Bowl Week 1, we are advancing to week 2 where all of the awards that were just announced will be visible.