Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-20-2009, 07:24 PM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

NOFL Season Bowl Week 3 Has Begun! Deadline is 2/25/09 at 10PM

7 humans play this week. All human vs CPU games. Good luck to everyone.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 10:44 PM   #2
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

A field goal as time expires is the difference, as Texas A&M finishes a 12 win season, 38-35 over #11 South Carolina
Old 02-20-2009, 11:13 PM   #3
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Congrats Fozzie! Hopefully the humans can go to 7-0 this week! Only 6 to go!
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 04:47 AM   #4
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

I'd play my game now, but it was my irthday, and I' got drunk. I'll play tomorrow at some point. Go VIRGINIA
Old 02-21-2009, 08:00 AM   #5
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Happy birthday Karl. I just won 49-21 over Penn State in the Emerald Bowl. I held them to 35-0 for three quarters and then they started scoring a little too late against my 2nd string.

Anyhow, there was no score uploaded since my 360 froze on the loading screen after the game was over.

It's not that I'm angry at not winning; the win is easy enough. I just don't want to devote another hour of my life towards this miserable season.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:41 AM   #6
BigDPW
College Prospect

Had a wierd glitch with the game trying to play my game versus Syracue today.

15 secs left in the first half and Cuse scored to go up 13-7 on a TD. Their kicker plunks the XP try off the upright and ends up falling into my players hands and the play ends. Score stays 13-7 but I end up having to kick it off to them???????????????????????????????

When this happened it pissed me off to no end. In frustration I ended up exiting out of the game. I will try to play it again later.

Last edited by BigDPW : 02-21-2009 at 04:46 PM.
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 01:09 PM   #7
Ironhead
College Prospect

Had a pretty wild game earlier against Rutgers (11-1) in our Gator Bowl matchup.

We fell down 21-7 early in the 1st half but battled back to take a 31-21 lead in the middle of the 4th quarter. I figured we could go into lockdown and just ride out the lead to the win. Rutgers then hit a long touchdown pass to their tailback to close the gap to 31-28. With about 2:30 left in the game I started to grind the ball to preserve the win. We received a nasty surprise however when Rutgers stripped the ball carrier and returned the fumble all the way to take a 34-31 lead (missed XP).

With the most timely play of the season we would return the ensuing kickoff all the way for a touchdown. It was our lone kickoff or punt return for a touchdown all year. Up 38-34 we managed one last white knuckle defensive stand, batting down a tipped hail mary pass in the endzone as the clock expired.

We finish the season 9-4 and look forward to playing next season with some exciting recruits.

Good luck to everyone else in their bowl games.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 01:09 PM   #8
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDPW View Post

15 secs left and Cuse scored to go up 13-7 on a TD. Their kicker plunks the XP try off the upright and ends up falling into my players hands and the play ends. Score stays 13-7 but I end up having to kick it off to them???????????????????????????????

When this happened it pissed me off to no end. In frustration I ended up exiting out of the game. I will try to play it again later.

Defo a bug. Has happened to me a couple of times in solo dynasty.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 04:08 PM   #9
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDPW View Post

15 secs left and Cuse scored to go up 13-7 on a TD. Their kicker plunks the XP try off the upright and ends up falling into my players hands and the play ends. Score stays 13-7 but I end up having to kick it off to them???????????????????????????????

It's happened to me a few times to. Anytime one of your players catches the ball that misses off the upright it does that. Very annoying bug, especially in that situation.

Last edited by cmp : 02-21-2009 at 04:08 PM.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:27 PM   #10
Raiders Army
Coordinator

We won the "rematch" 44-24.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:52 AM   #11
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I'm in Vegas until very late tuesday night, so I wont be able to get in my game until Wednesday (took the day off to recoop).
Old 02-25-2009, 07:30 PM   #12
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I must have picked up some nasty bug in Vegas because I'm sick out of my mind. I don't know that I have the wherewithal to play my game today...I can barely see straight.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:42 AM   #13
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Ok...woke up this morning feeling phenomenally better than yesterday...I can actually stand up without keeling over. I'll get my game in early today so we can advance.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:49 AM   #14
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Well, I just finished playing my Rose Bowl game against Ohio State. This was one of those games where the CPU just wasn't going to let me win. There were countless "wtf" plays throughout the game, including one play where a WR broke the tackle of ALL FOUR of my DB's on the same play...yes both CB's and both Safeties attempted to tackle this wideout and were shaken off like a Deion Sanders tackle attempt.

My usually sure handed WR/TE/HB core combined for a good amount of drops. How many drops you might ask?

THIRTEEN

Yes...thirteen drops in one game by my team...and that was just the official drop count. Two of these drops were balls batted up into the air and picked off by the opposing teams DB's. We forced a total of zero turnovers in this game as well, dropping about as many balls on defense as we did on offense. The entire fourth quarter consisted of me calling an all-out goaline blitz against their single back running plays, and still giving up 5-20 yards per run. It was just "one of those games" where you concede defeat half way through the game.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 02-26-2009 at 11:55 AM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:56 AM   #15
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

So, did you lose?
Old 02-26-2009, 11:57 AM   #16
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Ah, yeah I lost by 2 or 3 TD's after all was said and done. Not a fun game at all...oh well at least I got the Pac-10 championship and so far the #3 recruiting class in the nation.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:24 PM   #17
BigDPW
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
Ah, yeah I lost by 2 or 3 TD's after all was said and done. Not a fun game at all...oh well at least I got the Pac-10 championship and so far the #3 recruiting class in the nation.

Boo freakin' hoo!!! LOL...

I lost my bowl game too... and I finished 5th in my conference... and I have only secured 3 recruits so far...

Sorry I coulnd't resist!
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:39 PM   #18
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I know it sounded whiney. The game was just very frustrating...watching the OSU guys just blow through every one of my defenders on every single play. I swear it could have been 3rd and 23 and a quick 1 yard route to their 3rd string WR would have gone for 23 and 1/2 yards.

Next up should be the big game!!!

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 02-26-2009 at 02:39 PM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:43 PM   #19
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Just checking the status of things. I will be gone all day Friday and won't login to FOFC until Saturday afternoon at the earliest. Party on everyone
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 06:57 AM   #20
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sorry about that. Yesterday was one of those bad days at work as I had to hospitalize a 6 year old (something I always hate doing) and I saw an 11 year old pregnant girl (where are the newspapers covering that?) As a result, I was exhausted and went to bed before I got a chance to advance. Anyway, I just advanced now.