Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-23-2009, 06:45 PM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

NOFL Week 5 Has Begun! Deadline is 4/28/09 at 10PM

No human vs human games this week so hopefully we'll finish early.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:26 PM   #2
kcchief19
Pro Starter

STAT WHORE WARNING!

Key Stat I: Missouri and Colorado combined for 24 yards rushing on 26 attempts

Key Stat II: MU's Blaine Gabbert and Colorado's Cody Hawkins combined to go 64 of 95 passing with 12 TDs for 1,237 yards.

Key Stat III: Move over David Klingler. When Tony Meeks took his final pass of the game for a 91-yard TD, Cody Hawkins emerged as the record holder for most yards passing in a game in history with 785 yards.

I was going to pull Hawkins in the 4th quarter but I realized he was almost to 600 yards and decided to keep him in to get. Unfortunately, once I went past that, Brad Nessler had to mention that Hawkins was approaching the single-game record and I had to go for it. Colorado 72, Missouri 36. No defense.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:46 PM   #3
ColtCrazy
College Starter

That's one of my favorite records to get because it's usually one of the last if I'm pulling guys in the 4th. I love defensive games, but there's something to be said for a game when your passing game is absolutely clicking.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 08:47 PM   #4
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

#23 stays unbeaten with a 38-31 win over Maryland. Maryland played annoyingly over their heads right up until late in the 4th, when I got a pick six that put us up 38-24. They scored a TD with about 30 seconds left to create the final score.
Old 04-23-2009, 10:28 PM   #5
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Big Battle in the Big 12

#8 Kansas St. at #9 Texas A&M

Kansas St. came in determined not to let A&Ms stud RB beat them and Stephens was mostly a nonfactor early on until A&M changed things up. A scoreless first quarter finally gave way to a good 2nd. A&M took a 10-0 thanks to great field position because of solid defense. When Furtch returned a Wildcat pass for a TD, the rout looked to be on at 17-0. Kansas St. fought back to 17-10 at the half after their best drive of the game, and a silly INT late gave Kansas St. a field goal before the half.

In the 3rd, the Aggies got their dominance back thanks to Stephens getting on track with 2 TDs (one pass, one run). By the time Kansas St. scored again, the game was well in hand. Final Score 45-17.

Great win for the Aggies, thanks to some of the best defense I've played mixed with a balanced offense as Dorman hit 6 different receivers in the game.

Players of the game:

Offense: Bradley Stephens 20 carries, 146 yards, 4 TDs/9 catches 156 yards 1 TD. An amazing 302 yards and 5 TDs.

Defense: Keon Furtch 2 INTs, 8 tackles, and a TD.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 03:45 PM   #6
Ironhead
College Prospect

BC's defense holds tough and we beat North Carolina in Chapel Hill. The final was something along the lines of 24-14.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:59 AM   #7
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Washington beat UCLA 38-3. Locker had a big day thanks to his new weapon, Chad Anderson had over 200 yards receiving and 2 TD's. Anderson also had 6 punt returns for 129 yards and a kickoff return of 29 yards.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:00 PM   #8
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

Only KingNeb, Raiders Army, and BigDPW still have to play games this week.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:09 PM   #9
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Life has been crazy lately (I may be buying a condo today!) but I will try and get my game in later tonight. Worst case scenario, I'll get it in on Tuesday night. Sorry for the delay.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 09:10 AM   #10
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Stanford slapped WSU around. I forget the score. I remember WSU being absolutely unstoppable for the first half for some reason, but we pulled away in the second half and won by 5-6 TD's. I'm sure Luck threw for 450+ with 7+ TD's.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:17 AM   #11
Raiders Army
Coordinator

The Cowboys won 66-3. This may be my last game for a while. I travel today to El Paso and although I'm bringing my 360 and the hotel has wireless internet, I'm not sure if the TV will have the hookups for the 360.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:45 AM   #12
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

After last week's heartbreaking loss to an amazing Stanford team, Kentucky was rewarded with a road game at #2 Florida. Thank you football gods

The first half was one of the weirdest halves of football I've played on NCAA 09. It was one of those games where it felt like the game wanted me to lose. I had 5 penalties for 55 yards, 4 of which were holding penalties. Of the 5 penalties, 2 knocked me out of FG range, 1 negated a first down in the red zone, and 1 negated a potential 1st & goal. My punt returner also muffed a punt which Florida recovered. My best WR joined my starting QB and my starting HB on the injury report when he got knocked out for 2 weeks. All of this...and I still lead 10-6 at the half. I held freakin' Florida without a TD forever. It was probably the best defensive performance I've ever had (for the first 20 minutes).

I pulled ahead 24-6 until Florida broke consecutive big plays and scored a TD to pull within 24-12 with 1 minute left in the third quarter. Still, 20 minutes and no TD's for Florida is pretty amazing. They forced me to punt and then quickly scored again to pull within 24-19. I managed to have a sustained drive where my running game was quite effective. Without any of my starters at skill players, the drive stalled in the red zone. I still kicked the FG and was up 27-19 with 1:40 to go. Florida got the ball at the 35 yard line and I quickly tackled them inbounds. They ran the hurry up, called the audible, and fired a pass to the receiver running a fade route. My CB, who was torched mercilessly by Stanford, found himself in single coverage. He got himself into position...and picked off the pass! He shook off the WR and ran the ball inside the 10 where the Florida players had the angle on him. He cut toward the pylon and dove and TOUCHDOWN!!! This put us up 34-19. Florida scored a TD with :10 left, we recovered the onside kick and won by a final of 34-25.

What a game. I beat Florida 38-28 in year 1 of the dynasty, which was the best contest I've had against a computer opponent. This was the 2nd best.

Crazy stuff. Only BigDPW is left to play. Sorry for playing so close to the deadline...but I just faxed in the papers to buy a condo today! Life has been crazy lately and this is just one more thing. I'm glad my Kentucky team has 2 of the next 3 weeks off. I hope to be closing on the condo within a few weeks. I'll keep you guys posted
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:23 AM   #13
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Gratz on the win and the condo! We just closed for the 2nd time in less than a year on our house last week.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote