Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-16-2009, 11:14 AM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

EBFL - So here is the story

Obviously I've been AWOL a week or so with somewhat good reason. I ended up catching the flu last week and just didn't even bother with Xbox, and while I posted on here occasionally I just didn't come in this forum which I should've.

That said, once I felt better I loaded up NCAA and found out my disc in incredibly scratched up. This has happened before so I went to the video store my buddy works at and had him clean it with the machine they use for scratches. We tried it on the 360 at his work and it still didn't work. Tried a few more cleanings and still absolutely nothing.

So at this point I don't have a working copy of 09 and I am not going to buy one at this point because of the fact 2010 is out in a few weeks, plus Fight Night 4 which I am sure I will play too much.

With that said, I also don't want EBFL to die like this, and I am willing to let Logan continue logging in on my XBL account to run sims and such, or if someone else wants to, I don't care.

They'd become the defacto commish and I'd be utterly useless.

Anyway I wanted to apologize for the lack of communication and lay it out for everyone.

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 11:50 AM   #2
Kodos
Resident Alien

Thanks for the heads up. I should I go ahead and remove you as a user from RFL, right?
Old 06-16-2009, 12:05 PM   #3
Logan
Head Coach

Well, first of all...you've done an awesome job on this the whole way, so thanks for the effort.

I would have no problem taking over commish duties (either formally - can we transfer commish status? - or informally by logging into your name and advancing us). But the more important question is probably...do we even bother? Danny's out, seems like cmp is out at least for human games, I get the sense wade is pretty frustrated...should we kill this now and move on, or just skip recruiting this year and finish up one last season?

For the record, I'm 100% down to keep on playing. Walt Flowers is gonna be sick! 6'7" WR with 98 speed!

Post your thoughts and we'll go from there.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:42 PM   #4
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I should I go ahead and remove you as a user from RFL, right?

Yeah. I meant to PM you. RFL was for sure a blast, just wish I had Navy from the get because it was a lot of fun using them.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:45 PM   #5
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Well, first of all...you've done an awesome job on this the whole way, so thanks for the effort.

I would have no problem taking over commish duties (either formally - can we transfer commish status? - or informally by logging into your name and advancing us). But the more important question is probably...do we even bother? Danny's out, seems like cmp is out at least for human games, I get the sense wade is pretty frustrated...should we kill this now and move on, or just skip recruiting this year and finish up one last season?

For the record, I'm 100% down to keep on playing. Walt Flowers is gonna be sick! 6'7" WR with 98 speed!

Post your thoughts and we'll go from there.

NOFL might've transfered commishes. Ask Sun, I believe he is the one who did it. I am not sure if it's possible but I thought there was one or two teams he restarted from a prior save file.

I would hope you guys try and slug through one more season anyway for some closure. It's been a fun ride that is for sure and I really appreciate you, Ironhead, Mike, Wade, Gram and cmp for sticking it out the entire year. But also guys like Brian, Radii, Sab, Karl, etc, who picked up teams and kept us moving. I am for sure going to be up for another go round in 2010 assuming the game isn't a steaming pile (fingers crossed sadly)
Old 06-16-2009, 01:05 PM   #6
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

It's not difficult to transfer commishes actually. If there's anyone in the league who still has the game save file, he just has to convert it to an offline dynasty, and then re-convert it to an online dynasty. THEN, he has to invite the person who is going to be the new commish, and he'll do the same (convert to off, then convert back to on), and then reinvite everyone in the league.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:28 PM   #7
wade moore
lolzcat

FWIW - My frustration revolves around the lack of communication and not moving along, not with continuing the league.

I'd really like to see us finish this season out. Let's transfer commishing to someone who can advance things regularly and just forego recruiting (as a requirement, I may still do it to maybe play this offline after we're done) as there is no way we finish two seasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:56 PM   #8
Logan
Head Coach

Ok, hope to be able to follow those directions tonight which would put us at week 2 (no games week 1). We'll advance to week 3 Sunday night.

Recruiting will be optional/time permitting.

Last edited by Logan : 06-16-2009 at 01:58 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:09 PM   #9
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Ok, hope to be able to follow those directions tonight which would put us at week 2 (no games week 1). We'll advance to week 3 Sunday night.

Recruiting will be optional/time permitting.

I look forward to the season!

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 06-16-2009, 05:20 PM   #10
Ironhead
College Prospect

DetTox:

I echo Logan's sentiments that you have done a great job as commish. Not only that but you were always a great competitor and a tough matchup. At least you can bow out with the Big 12 Championship.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 05:42 PM   #11
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I appreciate it guys. It was a blast and you all made it easy. No real drama, just a lot of fun and hopefully we get to do it again for 2010.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:00 PM   #12
Logan
Head Coach

Of course I can't connect to XBL right now...
Old 06-16-2009, 08:01 PM   #13
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Of course I can't connect to XBL right now...

Hmm..

I was trying to do Netflix and got errors about MTU when I finally went to the "test"..

I wonder if something is up with XBL?

Quote:
Old 06-16-2009, 09:01 PM   #14
Ironhead
College Prospect

Down for the day fellas. Scheduled maintenance.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 09:06 PM   #15
Logan
Head Coach

Ahh-haaaaa. Saw that message last week and forgot about it. Thanks.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:12 PM   #16
wade moore
lolzcat

For the DAY?!

That's absurd.

:sigh: - really wanted to get my game in today, traveling Thursday - Monday.

Quote:
Old 06-17-2009, 09:05 PM   #17
Logan
Head Coach

Not a clue how to actually go about re-assigning commish status. Didn't see such an option anywhere.

For now, I just advanced under DeTox's name.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:31 PM   #18
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Not a clue how to actually go about re-assigning commish status. Didn't see such an option anywhere.

For now, I just advanced under DeTox's name.

I'll just copy/paste my earlier post from this thread.

It's not difficult to transfer commishes actually. If there's anyone in the league who still has the game save file, he just has to convert it to an offline dynasty, and then re-convert it to an online dynasty. THEN, he has to invite the person who is going to be the new commish, and he'll do the same (convert to off, then convert back to on), and then reinvite everyone in the league.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:19 AM   #19
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
I'll just copy/paste my earlier post from this thread.

It's not difficult to transfer commishes actually. If there's anyone in the league who still has the game save file, he just has to convert it to an offline dynasty, and then re-convert it to an online dynasty. THEN, he has to invite the person who is going to be the new commish

Yeah, that's as far as I got, looking for the option to "invite as commish" or something like that. I follow now.

Thanks.