Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-21-2009, 11:20 PM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

NOFL Conference Championship Week! Deadline is Friday 6/26/09 at 10 PM

This week we have a big human vs human matchup as Colorado and Texas A&M faceoff. Also, Kentucky will face LSU and Boston College will face Virginia.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:40 PM   #2
ColtCrazy
College Starter

kc - sorry I couldn't play tonight. Had people over to gawk at the twins. Girls play with the babies, the boys played NCAA...so I'm all ready for tomorrow! (won a game as BYU over Mizzou on a last second FG). I don't know if I can take another close game!!!!

I'm up for 7 tomorrow. My wife and I are doing the shift thing, so I need to get my game in before she goes to bed and it's just me and the boys.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:11 PM   #3
kcchief19
Pro Starter

No problem. I just happened to be on Live and saw you were on too and thought if you were free we could knock it out. I'm on for tomorrow night -- I'm still making you a 10-point favorite. I'm not sure I can pull another game like last time out of my behind.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 11:03 PM   #4
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Thanks for the vote of confidence! I've been in a funk since that horrid CPU game against Texas. I almost never lose to the computer, but they've got me 2-3 times in the past week. I'd say the point spread is a lot closer.

At any rate, I'm really looking forward to it. Tonight was the first time I've played a human since our game. It was fun to get the competitive juices flowing again in some good games. See you tomorrow night! Good Luck!
Old 06-23-2009, 08:31 PM   #5
ColtCrazy
College Starter

For most of the 1st half, it looked as if it would be another great Colorado-A&M matchup. Score was tied at 14 midway through the 2nd. Both teams had some opportunities in this half and A&M finally got up 21-14. Then, one of the weirdest plays I've seen in NCAA. About 10 seconds left in the half, I get the ball back off an interception. I run one of my standard spread passing plays and kc has the deep routes covered. I dump it to the little curl route receiver and he breaks a couple of tackles and runs it 77 yards for the TD before the half. I'm sure that made a huge difference. A&M up 2 scores and we got the ball to start the 2nd half. A&M goes on to win 42-22.

I have one HUGE gripe about this game though. There is no option for mass subs. I hate scoring more against humans when the game is decided (and especially good guys like kc)...so I hope that explains my odd play calling in the end on offense. Once the game was decided it seems my guys were breaking tackles that normally wouldn't have.

At any rate, kc, you are a great opponent. Anytime you just want to play for fun, look me up.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:55 PM   #6
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Kentucky wins the SEC championship by defeating LSU 77-52 in the highest scoring game I've ever played. Highlights include:

My QB throwing for a school-record 562 yards
Their RB running for a school-record 350+ yards
My highly sought after freshman 3rd string QB getting into the game, going 0-3 with a pick and multiple sacks and getting his ass benched

Thankfully we made it through the game injury free. It appears that FOUR humans will get to play in BCS games, but currently none are scheduled to be against one another. Bummer. It looks like I'll get to test my mettle against USC. I'll do what Ohio State can't do...beat USC
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:39 PM   #7
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Before I start to whine, congrats on the win. You played well and deserved to win. My offense was too one dimensional without Hawkins and I couldn't stop Stephens. Job well done -- good luck in the BCS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
Then, one of the weirdest plays I've seen in NCAA. About 10 seconds left in the half, I get the ball back off an interception. I run one of my standard spread passing plays and kc has the deep routes covered. I dump it to the little curl route receiver and he breaks a couple of tackles and runs it 77 yards for the TD before the half. I'm sure that made a huge difference.
I just about chucked the controller through the drywall at that point. What happened is that I called a cover 3 and then wanted to drop back the safeties and drop my linebackers into zone. When I did that -- and trust me, I did that -- my safeties inexplicably all rushed up to the line of scrimmage. I was too stunned to act and you snapped the ball before I could call timeout. All of a sudden I find myself with about 11 guys at the line of scrimmage and couldn't stop the play.

I suffered lags and jerkiness throughout the game on my end. Don't know about you. That's how you ended up getting to kickoff to start the game. I tried to pick kickoff and my controller went all herky jerky.

And when my fumble recovery got overturned, I almost shut down the Xbox and quit the league. I can't tell you how many times I've seen blow calls that you can't review because there aren't challenges in online play, and then the AI booth calls a challenge for the first time in one of my games. Unbelievable.

Then I played my RFL game. I had my WR at the 5 yard line heading toward the endzone and all of suddent he enters a wormhole or something and gets tackled at the 20. As if EA decided to turn me off forever, the AI team kicks a field goal and missed it -- from the the replay, it looked like it actually hit the outside of the goalpost and kicked left. But the refs called it good. Even the announcers say said they had no idea how that ball got through the goal post -- I kid you not.

AND NO WAY IS KANSAS ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL CAMPUSES IN THE NATION! To add insult to injury, the freakin' game mispronounces the name of Missouri's home field. Morons.

All of this is prelude to saying that between the frustrations that have built and my thorough disgust with the NCAA 10 demo, I'll probably not get 10 off the bat if at all. The Live leagues are the only reason I would buy the game at this point and it seems like EA has drained all the enjoyment out of the game. That's too bad.

I'm staying in the NOFL and RFL until the leagues go down in flames though.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:14 PM   #8
ColtCrazy
College Starter

That explains a lot. Your safety should have been in position to make the tackle after I spun away from the CB. Anytime you get lag like that, just shoot me a message. I'd rather try again and have everyone on equal footing. It never lagged for me, except during the kickoff. I kept watching you pick through all the different options over and over.

I forgot you didn't have Hawkins. I thought you passing game still did pretty well considering how much you had to rely on it.

That's disappointing about NCAA 10. The demo FINALLY finished downloading for me...after 4 days! It kept pausing. I've got it preordered and will play the demo. Just once, I'd like to have a year when NCAA and Madden are both decent at the same time.

Good Luck in your bowl game!
Old 06-24-2009, 09:03 PM   #9
Ironhead
College Prospect

BC jumps all over Virginia in the 1st half and puts up 38 points. The second team closed out the game without scoring any additional points but the defense continued to play stout. Boston College wins the ACC Championship with a 38-9 victory over Virginia.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:02 PM   #10
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Congrats! 4 teams in the BCS for humans!!!
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote