Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: Should we allow people to switch teams?
Yes, they can move to a higher-rated team after they meet pre-selected criteria 6 60.00%
Yes, they can move to a lower-rated team after any season 1 10.00%
No, players should never be allowed to switch teams 3 30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-15-2008, 12:27 PM   #1
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

East Coast League: Should we allow people to switch teams?

Should we allow people to switch teams?

This question is for:

1. DeToxRox
2. Wade Moore
3. cmp
4. Ironhead
5. Logan
6. Kwhit
7. BigDPW
8. RedKingGold
9. msuballa
10. Mike1409
11. Jetsin06
12. Grammaticus

Last edited by kingnebwsu : 06-15-2008 at 12:31 PM.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 01:00 PM   #2
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I say yes, they should be able to move to a higher rated team assuming we agree on a strict criteria.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 05:31 PM   #3
Logan
Head Coach

Dumb question...are we talking about moving to higher rated teams within the same conference, or being able to move outside of the conference you're already in (and potentially going from 3 conferences of 4 teams to 2 conferences of 4, one of 5, and one of 2)?
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 11:25 PM   #4
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Dumb question...are we talking about moving to higher rated teams within the same conference, or being able to move outside of the conference you're already in (and potentially going from 3 conferences of 4 teams to 2 conferences of 4, one of 5, and one of 2)?

I agree I want to know how it would impact conferences first.

Last edited by Mike1409 : 06-15-2008 at 11:25 PM.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 07:54 AM   #5
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I voted yes, but also feel there needs to be fairly specific guidelines on when a higher ranked team opens, how well your record was at the lower ranked team and specify regarding conference movement.

Actually how are we setting up teams? Are we planning on playing teams that are all in one conference, etc?
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 07:18 PM   #6
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I feel that switching teams will have to be based on stingent requirements. Some ideas are that a team must have won their conference several times, and faired well in BCS games. By that point, you may have a powerhouse anyway but want to find a new challenge.

Moving to a higher or lower team is fine, imo.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:03 AM   #7
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
I say yes, they should be able to move to a higher rated team assuming we agree on a strict criteria.

I agree and voted yes. However, to maintain the "3-conference; 4-team" idea, one of the rules should be that you can only move to a team in that same conference OR can move to a different conference only if another human owner is willing to switch conferences with them.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 08:13 AM   #8
KWhit
Coordinator

I voted no. We are going into this trying to set up the league so that there is a level of fairness built in. I don't think it's a good idea to have people moving up to a higher rated team because then they have an advantage over the others in the league. AND they're likely moving up because they have been successful (which means they are probably better players at the game anyway).

So it seems like it would mean that the best players get the best teams which doesn't sound very fun from a competitive point of view.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 01:35 PM   #9
Logan
Head Coach

KWhit sold me. I will vote no, unless RKG's idea of only moving to a different conference if someone will switch with you is implemented.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:27 PM   #10
BigDPW
College Prospect

I voted no... I think we should keep the same teams... We will be recycling the whole team every 4 years anyway so that should keep it fresh... If we want to revisit this after a few seasons so be it but I think switching teams early in this would be a bad idea...
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 03:11 PM   #11
DeToxRox
Head Coach

This is not so cut and dry. We will revisit this after our first season after people get a feel for things. The more I contemplate it, the less I like the idea.
Old 06-18-2008, 03:35 PM   #12
wade moore
lolzcat

If I could have I would have voted for both yes options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote