Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-10-2008, 11:34 PM   #1
Kodos
Resident Alien

RFL summary thread

Alright, I decided we had enough guys, so I should unveil who got who. I'm happy to say that everyone got their first choice. I debated about going with PSU or FSU (my 2nd and 3rd favorite college teams), but decided to take my lumps with good old IU. If anyone else still wants to join, they can have their pick of the teams that are still free.

Code:
Owner 1st choice Conference Rating HellAtlantic Miami (FL) ACC 86 SirFozzie Boston College ACC 77 WVUFAN West Virginia Big East 84 BigNej Ohio State Big Ten 99 RedKingGold PSU Big Ten 91 DeToxRox Michigan Big Ten 84 Kodos Indiana Big Ten 79 EF27 USC PAC 10 94 BigSmooth Washington PAC 10 79 KWhit UGA SEC 99

Here's a link to the original thread in OT.

http://operationsports.com/fofc/showthread.php?t=66227

Last edited by Kodos : 07-10-2008 at 11:35 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:38 PM   #2
Kodos
Resident Alien

Here's the breakdown for who everyone chose for their three options.

Code:
Owner 1st choice 2nd choice 3rd choice Kodos Indiana PSU FSU DeToxRox Michigan Oklahoma LSU EF27 USC Rutgers LSU KWhit UGA USC Ohio St. WVUFAN West Virginia Rutgers PSU SirFozzie Boston College Oregon Oklahoma RedKingGold PSU Maryland Pitt BigNej Ohio State Texas Tech Cincy BigSmooth Washington Oregon Arizona State HellAtlantic Miami (FL) UCLA FSU
Old 07-11-2008, 06:43 AM   #3
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Fight on for ol' SC!

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-11-2008 at 06:43 AM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:11 AM   #4
Kodos
Resident Alien

I agree. Go South Carolina!
Old 07-11-2008, 08:13 AM   #5
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

There is only 1 true SC. The other is an imposter.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:17 AM   #6
Kodos
Resident Alien

Cartman has decided to represent the Big 12 with Texas, so here's the current roster of owners.

Code:
Owner 1st choice Conference Rating HellAtlantic Miami (FL) ACC 86 SirFozzie Boston College ACC 77 WVUFAN West Virginia Big East 84 BigNej Ohio State Big Ten 99 RedKingGold PSU Big Ten 91 DeToxRox Michigan Big Ten 84 Kodos Indiana Big Ten 79 Cartman Texas Big 12 9? EF27 USC PAC 10 94 BigSmooth Washington PAC 10 79 KWhit UGA SEC 99
Old 07-11-2008, 08:18 AM   #7
Kodos
Resident Alien

Here's a recap of some info from the OT thread:

Quote:
I've decided to see if we can support a third league at FOFC. My idea is simple. Less voting on rules, more fun. Consider me a benevolent dictator as commish. I'd like to avoid the grousing we've had in the other leagues, so there won't be much if any voting. I will listen to reason, but ultimately I will decide any issues that might come up (See benevolent dictator notice above.) You don't like my choices, go start your own league.

Players can choose any team in any league that they like. EF27 can be USC if he likes. HA can roll with Miami if he chooses. We will play on All American or Heisman, hopefully with minimal sliders. 7 minute games. I don't want to pilfer players from other leagues, so for the first season, if you've decided you need to drop one of the leagues, it's gonna be this one. We will play on with fewer than 12 owners if the need arises. I will not have much tolerance for guys who don't show up to play their games. You will be expected to play your games within the announced timeframe, or your opponent will be allowed to play your team with the AI in control.

The first twelve guys on board get first dibs, and from there I'll keep a waiting list. In the offseason, you can switch to any team that has a roster rating that is lower than your current roster's rating. No time restrictions, except that changes must come between seasons.

If you want in, do the following:

1. Declare your intent to join in this thread.

2. PM me with your top three teams, in order of preference. Hopefully there will be no conflicts and everyone will get their first choice. In the event of a tie, I will decide the tie-breaking procedure (probably a coin flip), and the loser will get their second-choice team.

3. Every team will be required to play at least 3 human opponents each season (or two humans plus one top 25 CPU opponent.

Basically, I want to avoid the voting and arguments, and I want everyone to have a chance to roll with their true favorite team. After all 12 guys have PM'd me their choices, I will make the choices public and announce who got what teams.

Let's have fun!

Edit: I incorporated SirFozzie's idea of only needing to play 2 humans if you schedule a top 25 CPU opponent.

Last edited by Kodos : 07-11-2008 at 08:22 AM.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:30 AM   #8
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Obviously, we are locked into our schedules the 1st year. Are we going to sim past the 1st year or just start the scheduling rules once we get into our 2nd season?
Old 07-11-2008, 08:32 AM   #9
Kodos
Resident Alien

I'm fine either way. I'm guessing most people would prefer to play the real schedules. Anyone have a strong opinion one way or another?

Here's the league poll on the matter:

http://operationsports.com/fofc/showthread.php?t=66331

Last edited by Kodos : 07-11-2008 at 08:37 AM.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:40 AM   #10
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I'll need the calming effect of playing as Texas in this league to offset the bitter taste of playing as Arkansas in the other league.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 10:57 AM   #11
Kodos
Resident Alien

Go Hogs!
Old 07-16-2008, 10:40 AM   #12
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

My gamertag is JLalley. I'd love to get some games in against you guys before the league starts.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:46 AM   #13
Anthony
Banned

i'm torn. on one hand i can be Miami, a nice high calibre team in a city i like a lot. or i can join most of the people in the Big 10 and compete in a conference that'll have more humans in it, but will result in me having to take a lesser team.

i think i may select a Big 10 team - in the NOFL i won't really be playing against a human *too* much, i might want to have an online dynasty that has more frequent human vs. human matchups so that it's a different experience.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:50 AM   #14
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Could be that the review I read is wrong, but it said that the commish CAN change schedules before the 1st season. If so, I'd definitely like to change my OOC schedule to face more humans the 1st year.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:30 PM   #15
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Alright, had to get a new gamertag because of some friggin server issues. All is well now. Tag = JLalley2

Don't be alarmed if you get a friend request.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:05 AM   #16
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
i'm torn. on one hand i can be Miami, a nice high calibre team in a city i like a lot. or i can join most of the people in the Big 10 and compete in a conference that'll have more humans in it, but will result in me having to take a lesser team.

i think i may select a Big 10 team - in the NOFL i won't really be playing against a human *too* much, i might want to have an online dynasty that has more frequent human vs. human matchups so that it's a different experience.

Mostly also-rans left in the Big 10 now. Like Indiana! If you want to switch, be my guest.

Last edited by Kodos : 07-21-2008 at 10:06 AM.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:34 PM   #17
Kodos
Resident Alien

HA brought it up in the NOFL thread, and I kinda agree with him. Once they have fixed the online dynasty server issues, I say we jump in with fake rosters. Who knows when EA will actually fix the roster issue? I don't NEED the real names to have fun. They're a bonus.

So: I'm with HA. Let's roll once we hear that the server patch is finished. I hope folks will still want to play, even if we have to use fake rosters. I don't want to lose people over this, but I'm also willing to go on without a full slate of owners (heck, we only have 11 owners so far anyway).

Quote:
this sucks. this online dynasty was the whole reason for my buying NCAA '09, or else i woulda just bought Madden. this really friggin sucks.

is there any interest in just jumping in a no-frills league with generated names just to get the ball rolling (apart from NOFL, i'm not saying we ditch this league or anything)? Kodos should put on his iron fist again and just control that RFL side-league he wanted to get going, decide on all the rules himself and just have it begin. i don't want to say i'm losing interest in this league, but there comes a point where there's too much talking and not enough walking, if you catch my drift. something to tide me over until this NOFL can officially get started would be nice. nothing that requires voting or polls or anything. just take our clothes off and jump in the lake and have fun kind of deal.

Last edited by Kodos : 07-25-2008 at 01:37 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:45 PM   #18
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I'm fine with that. At least we can generate the fake names for the rosters.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:46 PM   #19
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm ready to roll. Just so everyone knows, Joe McKnight is #4. Get to know him, as he is incredible in the game.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:57 PM   #20
Galaxy
Coordinator

Kodos,

Saw your post in the regular forum. Are you still looking for one more player?

Last edited by Galaxy : 07-25-2008 at 01:58 PM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:59 PM   #21
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Obviously, we are locked into our schedules the 1st year. Are we going to sim past the 1st year or just start the scheduling rules once we get into our 2nd season?

I think someone in the NCAA thread (possibly you) said that the Commissioner CAN change the OOC schedules. Is that correct?

I think as far as sliders, we should go AA. Does someone have a recommended slider set for that level? I have not touched the sliders at all so far.

Last edited by Kodos : 07-25-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:00 PM   #22
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
Kodos,

Saw your post in the regular forum. Are you still looking for one more player?

Yes. Which team would you like?

Code:
Owner 1st choice Conference Rating HellAtlantic Miami (FL) ACC 86 SirFozzie Boston College ACC 77 WVUFAN West Virginia Big East 84 BigNej Ohio State Big Ten 99 RedKingGold PSU Big Ten 91 DeToxRox Michigan Big Ten 84 Kodos Indiana Big Ten 79 Cartman Texas Big 12 9? EF27 USC PAC 10 94 BigSmooth Washington PAC 10 79 KWhit UGA SEC 99

Last edited by Kodos : 07-25-2008 at 02:03 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:02 PM   #23
Galaxy
Coordinator

I'm in. Give me a few minutes to look over the roster. I'm tempted by the Big 12 North or a school like UCLA.

Last edited by Galaxy : 07-25-2008 at 02:03 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:11 PM   #24
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I think someone in the NCAA thread (possibly you) said that the Commissioner CAN change the OOC schedules. Is that correct?

I think as far as sliders, we should go AA. Does someone have a recommended slider set for that level? I have not touched the sliders at all so far.

Yes, that was me. However, only you can change our schedules. Players cannot change their own schedules, at least in the 1st year (maybe not in any year?)

Also, changing schedules appears to cause more bugs, but that should hopefully be resolved with the server patch.

As far as sliders, I've played around extensively with AA and I'll comment on each slider individually:

QB Accuracy: I'd keep it at 50 because going down to 35 or 40 doesn't produce enough inaccurate throws to offset the fact that the deep ball becomes overly neutered and worse the CPU starts throwing many more picks as the throws are softer.

Run Blocking: I like it at 60-65, but I'm sure you could have many different opinions on this.

Pass Blocking: At 0, you actually get pressure with break block up as well. However, this will lead to some more CPU bad throws/picks.

RB Ability: I initially was turning this up as many were, but I actually like to lower it to 45 or even 40. It helps slightly with the fact that any player with the ball in their hands gets a speed boost compared to defensive players (which is to promote their "wide open gameplay" I'm sure.)

I'm forgetting one of the offensive sliders, but this is off the top of my head.

Defensive Sliders:

Def Awareness: I've tried it anywhere from 60-85. I really like how there is some improved defense at 85 and completion percentages come down, but be prepared for more CPU picks.

Knockdowns: At 100. Again to lower the exceptionally high completion percentages.

Interceptions: At 0. There will still be games with high totals, but this helps some.

Break Block: At 100 to aid in getting pressure on the QB.

Tackling: I've lowered it to 40. Some people lowering it even more. Creates more missed tackles and opens up the running game a bit, but there isn't much consensus on this and I've also played some enjoyable games with it raised.

Special Teams:

FG Power: 10 - strong kickers will still make 50-55 yarders, but weak kickers no longer will.

FG Accuracy: 0 - kicking still isn't challenging enough in my opinion.

Punt power: I've messed around with lowering it to 0, but it doesn't do enought to help control the punt return game. I've gone back to default of 50.

Punt accuracy: 0 (still easy for me to hit coffin kicks a lot.)

Kickoff Power: 65 (more kicks in the endzone which cuts down on the insane kickoff returns.)

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-25-2008 at 02:13 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:11 PM   #25
Galaxy
Coordinator

As much as I HATE Notre Dame, I'll go with them. They are 81, which means they are not the "best", yet have a good nucleus of young players and the recruiting tools.

Plus, I'll get yearly rivalry matchups with USC (EF27), Boston College (SirFozzie), and Michigan (DeToxRox). The 2008 schedule calls for us to travel to Washington (Bigsmooth). It gives me a lot more flexibility in scheduling as an indy. Throw in a in-state recruiting match-up with Indiana (Kodos) as well as regional Big 10 recruiting rivals (along with the big national programs).

Last edited by Galaxy : 07-25-2008 at 10:11 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:11 PM   #26
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Much better choice than FUCLA.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:13 PM   #27
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Much better choice than FUCLA.

Still expect a beating every year.

Last edited by Galaxy : 07-25-2008 at 02:13 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:18 PM   #28
Kodos
Resident Alien

Great choice, Galaxy. Now if IU can get you on our schedule, I look forward to blasting the Fighting Irish to hell.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:19 PM   #29
KWhit
Coordinator

I'm fine with going with fake names. Let's do this.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 02:19 PM   #30
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Yes, that was me. However, only you can change our schedules. Players cannot change their own schedules, at least in the 1st year (maybe not in any year?)

Also, changing schedules appears to cause more bugs, but that should hopefully be resolved with the server patch.

As far as sliders, I've played around extensively with AA and I'll comment on each slider individually:

QB Accuracy: I'd keep it at 50 because going down to 35 or 40 doesn't produce enough inaccurate throws to offset the fact that the deep ball becomes overly neutered and worse the CPU starts throwing many more picks as the throws are softer.

Run Blocking: I like it at 60-65, but I'm sure you could have many different opinions on this.

Pass Blocking: At 0, you actually get pressure with break block up as well. However, this will lead to some more CPU bad throws/picks.

RB Ability: I initially was turning this up as many were, but I actually like to lower it to 45 or even 40. It helps slightly with the fact that any player with the ball in their hands gets a speed boost compared to defensive players (which is to promote their "wide open gameplay" I'm sure.)

I'm forgetting one of the offensive sliders, but this is off the top of my head.

Defensive Sliders:

Def Awareness: I've tried it anywhere from 60-85. I really like how there is some improved defense at 85 and completion percentages come down, but be prepared for more CPU picks.

Knockdowns: At 100. Again to lower the exceptionally high completion percentages.

Interceptions: At 0. There will still be games with high totals, but this helps some.

Break Block: At 100 to aid in getting pressure on the QB.

Tackling: I've lowered it to 40. Some people lowering it even more. Creates more missed tackles and opens up the running game a bit, but there isn't much consensus on this and I've also played some enjoyable games with it raised.

Special Teams:

FG Power: 10 - strong kickers will still make 50-55 yarders, but weak kickers no longer will.

FG Accuracy: 0 - kicking still isn't challenging enough in my opinion.

Punt power: I've messed around with lowering it to 0, but it doesn't do enought to help control the punt return game. I've gone back to default of 50.

Punt accuracy: 0 (still easy for me to hit coffin kicks a lot.)

Kickoff Power: 65 (more kicks in the endzone which cuts down on the insane kickoff returns.)

Thanks for all the input! I will strongly factor your recommendations into my slider adjustments.

Last edited by Kodos : 07-25-2008 at 02:19 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:21 PM   #31
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Great choice, Galaxy. Now if IU can get you on our schedule, I look forward to blasting the Fighting Irish to hell.

I would be open to a yearly game. It'll be nice to bash both Indiana rivals on and off the field year in and year out.

Last edited by Galaxy : 07-25-2008 at 02:24 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:21 PM   #32
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Well, I really don't like the idea of fictional names. I'm still in though.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:24 PM   #33
Kodos
Resident Alien

Here is where we are at with the check-in.

So far, we have RKG, KWhit, EF27, Kodos, Galaxy, cartman, HA, Bigsmooth, Sir Fozzie and DeToxRox confirmed.

Code:
Owner 1st choice Conference Rating HellAtlantic Miami (FL) ACC 86 SirFozzie Boston College ACC 77 WVUFAN West Virginia Big East 84 BigNej Ohio State Big Ten 99 RedKingGold PSU Big Ten 91 DeToxRox Michigan Big Ten 84 Kodos Indiana Big Ten 79 Cartman Texas Big 12 9? EF27 USC PAC 10 94 BigSmooth Washington PAC 10 79 KWhit UGA SEC 99 Galaxy Notre Dame Independent 81

Last edited by Kodos : 07-25-2008 at 03:40 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:24 PM   #34
Anthony
Banned

ohhhhh baby, this is what i'm talking about
Old 07-25-2008, 02:24 PM   #35
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
I would be open to a yearly game. It'll be nice to bash both Indiana rivals on and of the field year in and year out.

Deal. Home and home yearly matchup?

Last edited by Kodos : 07-25-2008 at 02:27 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:25 PM   #36
Galaxy
Coordinator

Are non-conference rivalries "locked" in (not that I would change them)?

Last edited by Galaxy : 07-25-2008 at 05:55 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:26 PM   #37
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Good question. I'm guessing they are as they always have been in single player dynasties. Regardless, I'm not planning on asking any of mine to be changed if they are against human teams such as yours
Old 07-25-2008, 02:28 PM   #38
Anthony
Banned

i'm still very confirmed. still just trying to decide if i want Miami, UCLA or a Big Ten team to face more humans.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:30 PM   #39
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Good question. I'm guessing they are as they always have been in single player dynasties. Regardless, I'm not planning on asking any of mine to be changed if they are against human teams such as yours

Me either. I want to keep: USC, Boston College, Michigan, Michigan State, Purdue, and Stanford. I think Navy is a yearly game, but I don't know if they are "rivals" (I don't think they have a trophy or any thing). However, it does seem like Notre Dame rotates through the military academics.

Last edited by Galaxy : 07-25-2008 at 02:31 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:35 PM   #40
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Not sure how accurate this is but from a quick google search, ND's rivals in the game are: BC, USC, Michigan State, and Purdue.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:38 PM   #41
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Not sure how accurate this is but from a quick google search, ND's rivals in the game are: BC, USC, Michigan State, and Purdue.

Michigan and Stanford should be included (both games of these games offer trophies are well). We have the chance to play for six rivalry trophies a year.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:40 PM   #42
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Deal. Home and home yearly matchup?

Yeah. I figured, if I can, I would drop Navy for replace it with Indiana. If I can't drop Navy, that's fine. I'll just add you to the slate. I'll even let you get home field in the year season.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:42 PM   #43
Kodos
Resident Alien

Actually, IU has like 8 home games this season. I'd be happy for a road trip to ND this year.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:46 PM   #44
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Actually, IU has like 8 home games this season. I'd be happy for a road trip to ND this year.

That's fine. On the road and at home, the best team in Indiana is Notre Dame.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:27 PM   #45
Anthony
Banned

here are the list of Rivalry Trophies available in NCAA '09:

Quote:
Washington vs. Washington State (Apple Cup)
New Mexico vs. New Mexico State (Battle of I-25 Trophy)
Houston vs. Rice (Bayou Bucket)
BYU/Utah/Utah State vs. BYU/Utah/Utah State (Beehive Boot)
West Virginia vs. Virginia Tech (Black Diamond Trophy)
Colorado State vs. Wyoming (Bronze Boot)
Air Force/Army/Navy vs. Air Force/Army/Navy (Commander-In-Chief's Trophy)
Virginia vs. Virginia Tech (Commonwealth Cup)
Iowa State vs. Iowa (Cy-Hawk Trophy)
Iowa vs. Minnesota (Floyd of Rosedale)
Nevada vs. UNLV (Freemont Cannon)
Arkansas vs. LSU (Golden Boot)
Ole Miss vs. Mississippi State (Golden Egg Trophy)
Texas vs. Oklahoma (Golden Hat)
Kansas vs. Kansas State (Governor's Cup)
Kentucky vs. Louisville (Governor's Cup)
Minnesota vs. Penn State (Governor's Victory Bell)
Illinois vs. Ohio State (Illibuck)
Notre Dame vs. Boston College (Ireland Trophy)
SMU vs. TCU (Iron Skillet)
Notre Dame vs. USC (Jeweled Shillelagh)
Cincinnati vs. Louisville (Keg of Nails)
Penn State vs. Michigan State (Land Grant Trophy)
Michigan vs. Minnesota (Little Brown Jug)
Kansas vs. Missouri (Marching Drum)
Notre Dame vs. Michigan State (Megaphone)
Missouri vs. Nebraska (Missouri-Nebraska Bell)
Alabama vs. Auburn (ODK-FOY Sportsmanship Trophy)
Michigan vs. Indiana (Old Brass Spittoon)
Indiana vs. Purdue (Old Oaken Bucket)
Michigan vs. Michigan State (Paul Bunyan Trophy)
Minnesota vs. Wisconsin (Paul Bunyan's Axe)
Bowling Green vs. Toledo (Peace Pipe)
Purdue vs. Illinois (Purdue Cannon)
Florida vs. Miami (Seminole War Canoe)
Notre Dame vs. Purdue (Shillelagh Trophy)
New Mexico State vs. UTEP (Silver Spade)
Cal vs. Stanford (Stanford Axe)
Illinois vs. Northwestern (Sweet Sioux Tomahawk)
Iowa State vs. Missouri (Telephone Trophy)
Arizona vs. Arizona State (Territorial Trophy)
Clemson vs. NC State (Textile Bowl Trophy)
LSU vs. Tulane (Tiger Rag)
Cincinnati vs. Miami (OH) (Victory Bell)
Duke vs. North Carolina (Victory Bell)
USC vs. UCLA (Victory Bell)
Akron vs. Kent State (Wagon Wheel)
Rice vs. Tulsa (Williams Trophy)

Source(s):
From official strategy guide

Last edited by Anthony : 07-25-2008 at 04:05 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:28 PM   #46
Anthony
Banned

looks like Notre Dame, Michigan and Minnesota get the most opportunities for rivalry trophies.

Last edited by Anthony : 07-25-2008 at 03:38 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:36 PM   #47
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Good to go.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:36 PM   #48
Anthony
Banned

Kodos, i would like to control Michigan State. i haven't looked up its overall ranking or anything, but it is in the conference with the most humans and has 3 rivalry trophies to compete for (all against human-owned teams - Michigan, PSU and Notre Dame). we'll most likely go 0-3 every year, but i'll have the most fun this way. this will offer a different experience than the NOFL, where i pretty much won't face humans too much and am starting off with a real crappy team. plus, i liked the movie 300, so i'm excited to be able to march the Spartans down the field into the endzone.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:41 PM   #49
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Kodos, i would like to control Michigan State. i haven't looked up its overall ranking or anything, but it is in the conference with the most humans and has 3 rivalry trophies to compete for (all against human-owned teams - Michigan, PSU and Notre Dame). we'll most likely go 0-3 every year, but i'll have the most fun this way. this will offer a different experience than the NOFL, where i pretty much won't face humans too much and am starting off with a real crappy team. plus, i liked the movie 300, so i'm excited to be able to march the Spartans down the field into the endzone.

Okay. Here's our new lineup.
Code:
Owner 1st choice Conference Rating SirFozzie Boston College ACC 77 WVUFAN West Virginia Big East 84 BigNej Ohio State Big Ten 99 RedKingGold PSU Big Ten 91 DeToxRox Michigan Big Ten 84 HellAtlantic Michigan State Big Ten ?? Kodos Indiana Big Ten 79 Cartman Texas Big 12 9? EF27 USC PAC 10 94 BigSmooth Washington PAC 10 79 KWhit UGA SEC 99 Galaxy Notre Dame Independent 81
Old 07-25-2008, 03:42 PM   #50
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

OMT (aka Adam) on OS has just said today that "any dynasty started after July 23 should not have any problems." (my emphasis on should.)

They are still working on the patch that will retroactively fix dynasties that have been screwed over, but they believe they have prevented the issue that caused dynasties to be messed up from happening again in the future.