Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-14-2008, 08:06 PM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

EBFL Week 2!! Uploads due Wednesday, August 20th!!!

Let's play some more ball!

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 08:19 PM   #2
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Beat you to it
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 08:19 PM   #3
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Beat you to it

Headstart!
Old 08-14-2008, 09:51 PM   #4
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Syracuse @ Mississippi State

The most talked about facet of this game on campus all week was whether or not starting tailback Anthony Dixon would be able to hold off his back-up Christian Ducre' for the job of starting running back. In fact, the first half of the game would see the players split carries and post nearly identical numbers...with one big exception. When Anthony Dixon was on the field, the Bulldogs found the endzone.

The Bulldogs struck on the game's opening possession, demonstrating a fairly efficient combination of medium length passes and inside runs. Facing first and ten at the Syracuse thirteen, Dixon broke through the line and the second level, only to be stopped at the half yard line. Coach Vest considered challenging the spot, but thought better of it.

"If we couldn't punch it in from there with four chances, we didn't deserve it," said the coach.

It would only take one chance as Dixon notched his first touchdown of the game.

Syracuse's first play was an interception by cornerback Tay Bowser. State would capitalize on their second play, a quick strike to Co-Eric Riley who would shed two would-be tacklers and drag another into the endzone.

The defense bent some, allowing a thirty-four yard field goal but the offense answered in a hurry. And again it was the legs of Anthony Dixon, posting an important eleven yard carry to set up first and goal from the two. He would plunge through for his second score of the half.

Quarterback Wesley Carroll seemed a touch off on passes over the middle today, highlighted by a mid-second quarter interception when he threw seven feet behind a wide open Co-Eric Riley. The interception would allow Syracuse to drive for a fifty-one yard field goal.

Carroll would add a second touchdown pass before the half ended, making it a 28-6 lead as the student section went crazy.

The third quarter was an odd one. The Bulldogs dominated the quarter by grinding the game out and yet scored less points in the third than their opponents. The Orange put together a nearly five minute drive (I multiply the actual drive time of the seven minute quarters by two to reflect what actual game time would be) that ultimately ended with a touchdown run by Curtis Brinkley. The two point conversion would fail but Syracuse seemed to be closing the gap at 28-12.

The Bulldogs displayed their ability to put the ball to the turf rather than the air the rest of the way. Last week's air show now gave way to this week's ground assault. An eight play drive, with six runs, ended with a short field goal. Another rush-based drive would open the fourth and lead to another field goal, making the score 34-12 and essentially ending the game.

Wesley Carroll would add one late passing touchdown and Anthony Dixon would take yet another endzone plunge, giving the Bulldogs a final 48-12 victory and a 2-0 start leading to the team's game with the Auburn Tigers.

Wesley Carroll: 18-24, 230 yards, 3 touchdowns, 2 interceptions
Anthony Dixon: 25 carries, 103 yards, 3 tds
Christian Ducre'- 12 carries, 49 yards
Co-Eric Riley- 3 catches, 57 yards, 1 td
Tim Bailey- 6 tackles, 4 TFL, 2 sacks, 1 FFL
Keith Fitzhugh- 3 tackles, 1 int
Tay Bowser- 5 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 int

Last edited by PurdueBrad : 08-16-2008 at 05:24 PM.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:09 PM   #5
Radii
Head Coach

grammaticus, let me know when you want to play our game. I pretty much have unlimited free time at the moment
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:16 PM   #6
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Nice! Got a 4-star DE when I opened up the file. Woot!
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:25 PM   #7
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Damn. I just did my recruiting and it tells me the dynasty servers are down.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:29 PM   #8
Kodos
Resident Alien

It sure seems like the dynasty servers go down a lot, and when people are still likely to be playing.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:50 PM   #9
Ironhead
College Prospect

Texas A&M faced our second relatively low level opponent in as many weeks and rolled to a 42-7 victory over New Mexico. Senior cornerback Danny Gorrer made great plays to pick off two passes and returned both for touchdowns to give us a comfortable lead by the half.

The love was spread around the talented Texas A&M backfield with 5 backs plus quarterback Stephen McGee sharing 38 carries. Hefty fullback/tailback Jorvorskie Lane (6'0 285 lbs) was particularly effective at running right into the heart of the weak New Mexico run defense and carrying tacklers for extra yards. Lane even caught a wide open pass to the flats and waltzed into the endzone without a defender within 15 yards.

With two fairly predictable wins out of the way the Aggies have a bye next week before facing the Miami Hurricanes at Kyle Field in College Station. With the defense playing great, a solid running game and The 12 Man behind them the Aggies have a great chance to win this game. If they can pull it off then I would not be surprised to see them crack the very bottom of the Top 25 poll.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 01:17 PM   #10
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Woohoo.

I kicked Fresno St.'s ass this week, 51-6 (I think...played it a few days ago)

We were clicking on both offense and defense, but our running game is what really set us up.

Here was the biggest play of the game. I was up 21-0 at this point, and Fresno St. hit a WR on the run and I completely fudged up the coverage.

But my safety chased him down and delivered a big hit that jarred the ball loose.

This play was reviewed and came back as a TD, but it's clear to me my guy was out of bounds. Oh well.

This sealed the deal.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:17 PM   #11
Logan
Head Coach

Fuckers. Up 37-14 on Houston, about to kick an XP coming out of checking a replay, and my game froze. I'm guessing I'll have to restart it, but just want to make sure it doesn't come up like I'm doing something shady. I even took a pic of the score with my cell, I can send it to someone.

edit:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Last edited by Logan : 08-16-2008 at 08:24 PM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 08:30 PM   #12
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Logan, sorry to hear that and I would've believed you without the pic but very cool of you to do.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:32 PM   #13
Logan
Head Coach

Ha...didn't really think anyone wouldn't believe me, it was more out of frustration (and to display my awesomeness) than anything else.

(yes I realize I was destroying Houston )
Old 08-17-2008, 07:56 PM   #14
Logan
Head Coach

Started up another game, and everything was okay...except that it took almost a full half for my offense to start clicking. 36-18, Ok State over Houston.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:03 PM   #15
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Besides Wade and I, what games are left this week? We're set to play Monday at 8 so we should be good tomorrow. Just seein' who else is left.

This is not to rush you, just curious to see how we're movin'.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:59 PM   #16
Radii
Head Coach

Grammaticus and I started our game twice tonight but had horrific lag and ended up quitting in the first quarter both times. I played around a bunch with my network settings and just played a lag free random matchup online, so hopefully that was just a temporary thing or something I needed to clear up on my side. We'll be trying again tomorrow.

Last edited by Radii : 08-17-2008 at 11:00 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:11 PM   #17
cmp
Pro Rookie

Arkansas gets a win over UL Monroe. Didn't play as well as we would have liked to but are starting to find what works and what doesn't with this squad. Now we have a tough matchup with Texas coming up in week 3.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:11 PM   #18
Radii
Head Coach

Grammaticus and i got our game in tonight. It was raining in Kentucky, someone else pointed out the amount of rain in the online games, it is definitely raining a lot in the south in September. We got off to a slowish start, each kicking a field goal apiece before Jamelle Eugene breaks a big run to give NC State a 10-3 lead:

Kentucky tied it up in the 2nd quarter, and we go to the half tied at 10 in a tight battle.

Things went sour for Kentucky in the 3rd quarter, as they throw INT's on three straight posessions, the first one comes back for 6:

And NC State scores TD's on the other two posessions to pull out to a 31-10 lead. I started softening up my defense to make sure there would be no big plays and went heavily to the running game. I was bending a bit more than i'd like though and Kentucky came back to make it 31-24 with 2 minutes left. Eugene's second big run of the day secured the win for us:

Final score was 38-24 NC State. Eugene runs for over 180 yards on 20 carries and 3 TDs and is clearly our star.

Good game Grammaticus, one note... that first punt return, I meant to fair catch it, and not try to return it with you standing in my face at the 20. I'm used to that kick just sailing into the end zone when i play the CPU and was surprised to see I was going to field it and hit RB instead of Y by accident.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:36 PM   #19
DeToxRox
Head Coach

We lost a heartbreaker 31-24 to Virginia. Sadly I couldn't stop Wade until it was too late. I think his QB was like 15 for 15 which sealed the deal. My secondary is atrocious. It'll be a battle to stop any good passing attacks as we have no speed back there.

I almost tied it with 1 second left but my WR didn't get a foot in on a sick catch in the endzone on a hail marry. Them the breaks.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:05 PM   #20
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Yeah, Radii laid the rushing attack down. With the 5 picks, I was just struggling the whole second half. I gotta work on my stick skills. Kentucky has to spend some time in the film room and maybe get a different playbook.....the fans are screaming to bring back the spread! I think I got about 60 yards on 15 carries out of my RB.

Anyways, back to the drawing board. Hopefully the recruits were watching a different game.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:22 PM   #21
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
We lost a heartbreaker 31-24 to Virginia. Sadly I couldn't stop Wade until it was too late. I think his QB was like 15 for 15 which sealed the deal. My secondary is atrocious. It'll be a battle to stop any good passing attacks as we have no speed back there.

I almost tied it with 1 second left but my WR didn't get a foot in on a sick catch in the endzone on a hail marry. Them the breaks.

This was the most exciting game I've played online. He doesn't sell quite how crazy this game was. We got up by two TD's early and controlled the game until mid-3rd quarter. Then Colorado started to come back and Tied it with just over a minute left on an incredible drive. I'm trying to run down the clock and get myself in FG position to run it out and on a play where I intend to do a nice little slant I see one on one coverage on the other side and my WR has a step on his CB. I toss it up and he goes to the house. Then Colorado almost comes back to score the tying TD with an incredible Hail Mary Pass. With :01 left the WR catches it - ON the out of bounds line. (I have the video saved, just not time to u/l it now).

It was an exciting game. I hadn't realized the efficiency of my QB. Those that have played me know that I tend to make a lot of stupid decisions and throw picks. I figured a few things out that I was doing wrong in practice mode today and it seems to have paid off as Riko Smalls goes 14/14 on the day. The Running game was our strength, but a few choice passes really made a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:22 PM   #22
wade moore
lolzcat

Side note - that may be the only MP game I've played without a turnover by either team (not counting one turnover on downs).

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...

Last edited by wade moore : 08-18-2008 at 09:23 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:24 PM   #23
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Some of you may have already played it, but out of curiousity, what is the hardest game on your schedule this season?

For me, it has to be the game @ LSU in a couple weeks. Although a close second will be playing @ Tennessee. Both are incredibly hostile environments not to mention far superior teams.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:34 PM   #24
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Some of you may have already played it, but out of curiousity, what is the hardest game on your schedule this season?

For me, it has to be the game @ LSU in a couple weeks. Although a close second will be playing @ Tennessee. Both are incredibly hostile environments not to mention far superior teams.

I have West Virginia next, though at home, then a game with Florida State and their 99 Defense. Plus a game vs Texas after that. It's gonna be a brutal stretch.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:48 PM   #25
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:

Clemson is going to destroy me next week. FSU is good but Clemson has been much tougher for me so far in single player.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:46 PM   #26
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

I gotta renew my live subscription..I'll stop by gamestop tomorrow morning and get the card, then have my file ready by tomorrow evening.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:05 PM   #27
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:

I have to play @ Texas in Week 3, home against Alabama and Florida. @ Auburn. @ South Carolina and Home vs. LSU.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 11:15 PM   #28
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp View Post
I have to play @ Texas in Week 3, home against Alabama and Florida. @ Auburn. @ South Carolina and Home vs. LSU.

WOW cmp, that's a schedule! I have Alabama, Auburn, and LSU but get to miss out on South Carolina and Florida. UGH! Plus Texas for good measures, jeez!
Old 08-18-2008, 11:31 PM   #29
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp View Post

Thank god I'm not in the SEC Damn.
Old 08-19-2008, 06:53 AM   #30
wade moore
lolzcat

My toughest game was hosting USC in week 1.

Quote:
Old 08-19-2008, 08:45 PM   #31
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Bump
Old 08-19-2008, 10:17 PM   #32
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Beat UCF 31-7....Offense ran alot more smoothly than against Illinois. Grothe and Ford are a deadly tandem. Now it's time for a showdown at home against Kansas.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:37 AM   #33
DeToxRox
Head Coach

New file probably up around 11 tonight. Could be earlier if I get home before Hard Knocks comes on and assuming KWhits done by then as I gavew him till 11
Old 08-20-2008, 07:33 PM   #34
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

New patch uploads overnight. Have we given any though to how we're going to adjust sliders once they are actually set to work correctly?

NCAA 09 Patch #2 Arriving Thursday Morn (360) - NCAA Football 09 at ncaa Strategies
Old 08-20-2008, 08:07 PM   #35
DeToxRox
Head Coach

We'll adjust sliders after year one