Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-20-2008, 09:59 PM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

EBFL Week 3!!! Files due Tuesday, August 26!

3 bye weeks and only 1 game with human vs human owners so this should go quick I hope.

Good luck to all!

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 11:22 PM   #2
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I will post more about it tomorrow but...

DOWN GOES 14'th RANKED AUBURN! DOWN GO THE TIGERS! 33-31 on a last second, iced kick!
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 11:57 PM   #3
Radii
Head Coach

Oh jesus, servers unavailable.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 11:58 PM   #4
Radii
Head Coach

I lost 24-20 in a heartbreaker at Clemson. I'll give it a good 10-15 minutes to try to get my upload in, but if its down for too long i'm just going to have to make another run at the upset :P
Old 08-21-2008, 12:12 AM   #5
Radii
Head Coach

ok, got it uploaded. We scored first, a 16 play 65+ yard TD drive that took forever, tons of short little runs and passes, we ate up well over half the quarter. Clemson put together an equally long, painful drive to tie it up early in the 2nd. We trade field goals and go into the half tied at 10.

Clemson scores first in the 3rd quarter, taking a 17-10 lead on another long drive where we are just powerless to stop them. But we've got another one in us. Seriously there was only 1 highlight in this game(I'll get to that). We just both played hard defense, there were no plays of more than 8 yards to be had by either team. Every TD drive but one was 13+ plays for both teams. Early in the 4th quarter we finish up a game-tying TD drive. 17-17.

We force Clemson to punt, and we start another long drive of our own. But this one gets derailed around the 20 yard line, we run a bunch of clock, and with ~1:55 left we kick a field goal to take a 20-17 lead. Hoping to force Clemson to run and dump off passes against us and fight the clock to score, we open up in a cover 2 defense, their WR burns my corner, and my safeites are just not int he right place at all. Clemson's WR is way faster than my corner, and its a 1 play, 75ish yard TD pass. 24-20 Clemson.

I've been mixing in a bunch of runs, but our passing game has been great too, and we actually open it up a bit with some success. We get a couple 15 yard passes, some dumpoffs, and we move it straight down the field.

We call our last time out with 9 seconds to go, 1st and goal at the Clemson 6 yard line. We call 3 pass plays with some out routes and comeback routes in them. The comeback routes look open all 3 times. The first the pass is simply way off target, lucky not to be picked. The second one:

WHY OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHY DID YOU TURN TO RUN WITH THE BALL INSTEAD OF HOLDING ON FOR DEAR LIFE TO THE WINNING TOUCHDOWN CATCH.

*sigh*

The 3rd pass looked like a straight drop, but the announcers say something about a tip, I'm too numb to really notice, I just know it hit the ground, and we miss out on a huge, huge upset.

Eugene ran ~28 times for ~80 yards, yards were tough to come by but he consistantly got 3-4 when we needed it. Evans was great through the air, and i'm optimistic about our chances in remaining games after this performance, but damn this loss stings.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:22 AM   #6
cmp
Pro Rookie

Wow. Somehow we just knocked off #21 Texas. We inserted Ryan Mallet into the starting lineup at QB for the first time and early on things didn't look too good. He three three picks in the first half, one on a 4th and goal which was returned for a TD and we went into the half down 21-0. But somehow in the second half we turned things around as we went to the air. And with about 2 minutes left in the 4th we turned a 21-0 deficit into a 28-21 lead. Texas drove right down the field and had a first and goal from 1. We stopped three staight runs before they fell short on a pass play to give Arkansas the ball and the win.

Ryan Mallet ended up 37-46 with 320 yards, 2 touchdowns and 3 interceptions. Michael Smith ran the ball 20 times for 81 yards. And Rod Coleman became our go to guy as we went on an all out passing attack near the end trying to make up the deficit and he caught 22 passes for 208 yards and 2 touchdowns. Total yards went Arkansas 453, Texas 214 and we stopped their ground game to only 31 yards on 23 carries.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 01:55 AM   #7
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Just finished my recruiting for the week, and am about to play Kansas. I have three guys coming to visit for this huge non-conference game. And it's raining in Tampa. Should be fun.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:12 AM   #8
DeToxRox
Head Coach

some big upsets already, nice work. I have a bye before facing WVU which scares the shit out of me.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:39 AM   #9
wade moore
lolzcat

I think I'll be able to get my game at UConn in tonight. In theory the next few weeks should be a setup for me to have a solid record. My last three games of the season will be the real test with 3 ranked teams (Wake, Clemson, and VT I believe).

I noticed I only play UNC - not NC State this year, so I only have one human game left. Glad I played Detox out of conference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 07:59 AM   #10
DeToxRox
Head Coach

This week is already flying. Once the two human teams play we will only have a game or two left. Thank God too because bye weeks blow.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:44 AM   #11
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Mike1409...when will you be around? I'll be available after 10PM EST tonight and most nights coming up.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 11:27 AM   #12
Logan
Head Coach

Do I have a game this week? Honestly don't remember.

edit: I think this is my I-AA turned Arizona game. Hopefully get to it tonight, if not definitely tomorrow.

Last edited by Logan : 08-21-2008 at 12:25 PM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 12:44 PM   #13
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I will post more about it tomorrow but...

DOWN GOES 14'th RANKED AUBURN! DOWN GO THE TIGERS! 33-31 on a last second, iced kick!

Alright, so, I don't think I've ever played as frustrating a game against an AI opponent as this (or, ultimately, as tough a game). Auburn jumped every single out route, curl, and slant I ran and double covered every go route. I believe I ultimately threw two, maybe three picks (one for a 97 yard return, one for a 98 yard safety return on a 2-pt. conversion) but I could not find open receivers anywhere. When I did have open receivers, it was hit or miss on whether it would be caught. My slot receiver and my tight end each dropped three passes. It was brutal (and mind you, this frustration is coming from someone who still put up 300 yards passing)!

On the defensive side of things, nothing I did could stop their passing attack. This is the first game I've played where I really understood what people were complaining about regarding the AI passing game and lack of a pass rush. No matter where/how we blitzed, no matter what package we put in, we got abused. All that being said, the game was awesome at the end. I ended up jumping off my sofa two different times during the last drive and then again on the final kick. I had never been iced before and that is tough!

Anyway, my semi-venting is over, I won so I can't complain too much but jeez!
Old 08-21-2008, 02:11 PM   #14
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
On the defensive side of things, nothing I did could stop their passing attack. This is the first game I've played where I really understood what people were complaining about regarding the AI passing game and lack of a pass rush. No matter where/how we blitzed, no matter what package we put in, we got abused. All that being said, the game was awesome at the end. I ended up jumping off my sofa two different times during the last drive and then again on the final kick. I had never been iced before and that is tough!

Anyway, my semi-venting is over, I won so I can't complain too much but jeez!

I'd argue that this is nice to see from our teams against the #14 team. It should feel like that.

*shrug*

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 08-21-2008, 02:22 PM   #15
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
I noticed I only play UNC - not NC State this year, so I only have one human game left.

Yeah, it looks like we'll probably play each other only about 1/3 of the time since we are in different divisions. In my single player dynasty I actually don't think I've played Virginia in 3 seasons, and they're on my schedule for the 4th year.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:33 PM   #16
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Yeah, it looks like we'll probably play each other only about 1/3 of the time since we are in different divisions. In my single player dynasty I actually don't think I've played Virginia in 3 seasons, and they're on my schedule for the 4th year.

That kind of stinks. Totally didn't think about that in team selection.

Ahwell.

Quote:
Old 08-21-2008, 02:42 PM   #17
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'd argue that this is nice to see from our teams against the #14 team. It should feel like that.

*shrug*

I agree, but I've played #1 and #5 in my solo dynasty with the same sliders and the games were much different in that I lost both, but it felt more "fair" I guess. As I said, most of my pass plays got jumped this time around as opposed to me having drives get stopped.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:22 PM   #18
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsIn06 View Post
Mike1409...when will you be around? I'll be available after 10PM EST tonight and most nights coming up.

I thought this was the early bird league!!! I will be on around 10 tonight, look for me and we will get this knocked out!

Last edited by Mike1409 : 08-21-2008 at 04:23 PM.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 06:22 PM   #19
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I agree, but I've played #1 and #5 in my solo dynasty with the same sliders and the games were much different in that I lost both, but it felt more "fair" I guess. As I said, most of my pass plays got jumped this time around as opposed to me having drives get stopped.

Against Texas I felt the same way. In the first half the defense seemed to jump all of my routes and picked off three passes. Things turned around in the second half though when we came back. Still couldn't throw anything deep or in the middle though without thinking it was going to get picked.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 07:32 PM   #20
Ironhead
College Prospect

Good week for Texas A&M. After last weeks win we broke into the Top 25 Coaches poll at #24. In addition we picked up our second 4 star commit of the year. Big game coming up against Miami next week that should give me an idea of just what this team can do.

Last edited by Ironhead : 08-21-2008 at 08:57 PM.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 07:48 PM   #21
wade moore
lolzcat

We played REALLY sloppy and almost chocked against UConn.

Fortunately we straightened up and squeaked out a 17-16 win.

Is anyone else concerned that the Human teams seem to be consistently upsetting the top 25 teams?

Am I the only one not even sniffing commitments from 4 star recruits?

Quote:
Old 08-21-2008, 07:59 PM   #22
Logan
Head Coach

Worst case scenario, we bump it up to AA for next season. Any gains you make in prestige by playing "too well" this year will be lost next year when you start getting your ass handed to you (unless you really have the talent to compete).
Old 08-21-2008, 08:01 PM   #23
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Wade, I've only got two four star recruits that have any interest. They were in attendance for the Auburn game so I look forward to the next file but from early indications, I'm probably going to put together a weaker class than I'm used to (which isn't necessarily a bad thing). I'm working with a very small group of recruits, 21 I believe, rather than trying to focus on the whole board. I'm not sure if this will pay off or not but we'll see.

As for the upsets, they are, I don't want to say common, but happen at a higher than RL rate as the 360 just can't adapt to the game the way a human will and can. My bigger concern is that as the sliders take effect in the future (and I mean this for any kind of play on the system, not this dynasty in particular), we'll see more upsets as we can mount consistent pass rushes and stop kick-returners with more ease. At the same time though, there was a good chance I wasn't going to beat Auburn (as I relayed earlier, they seemed to jump almost anything I tried) which is the risk of a tough schedule. I will say, I believe that with still facing Tennessee and LSU that if the trend holds from my solo dynasty that I will knock off at least one of them.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:52 PM   #24
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1409 View Post
I thought this was the early bird league!!! I will be on around 10 tonight, look for me and we will get this knocked out!

Damn Mike, sorry I never showed up. Got back home much, much later than expected (Just got back at 12:50) Hopefully you weren't just waiting for me .
Old 08-21-2008, 11:56 PM   #25
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Mike, let me know a time you want to play and I'll be there. Tomorrow is good for me.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:04 AM   #26
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Worst case scenario, we bump it up to AA for next season. Any gains you make in prestige by playing "too well" this year will be lost next year when you start getting your ass handed to you (unless you really have the talent to compete).

We're playing on Varsity?!

Wow - had no idea. I thought the debate was between AA and Heisman?

Quote:
Old 08-22-2008, 07:05 AM   #27
wade moore
lolzcat

Brad - makes me feel a bit better (re: recruiting). I think I'm going to be lucky to get two 4-star guys. I already lost one to JetsIn06 and I think Radii is going to beat me at another. I think I have 3 with serious interest right now. The only guys I've signed are 2-star guys.

Quote:
Old 08-22-2008, 07:50 AM   #28
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Brad - makes me feel a bit better (re: recruiting). I think I'm going to be lucky to get two 4-star guys. I already lost one to JetsIn06 and I think Radii is going to beat me at another. I think I have 3 with serious interest right now. The only guys I've signed are 2-star guys.

Then this should make you feel really good...I haven't signed anyone yet!
Old 08-22-2008, 09:41 AM   #29
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
We're playing on Varsity?!

Wow - had no idea. I thought the debate was between AA and Heisman?

We are on All American.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:59 AM   #30
Logan
Head Coach

Yeah, meant to say Heisman...sorry.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:06 PM   #31
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Yeah, meant to say Heisman...sorry.

Quit causing problems before I go Marlo on your ass
Old 08-22-2008, 01:37 PM   #32
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:

I'm not expecting to land anyone before week 8-10, and would not be surprised if I don't get any hard commits until week 13+, especially from the 4* guys that I may have a realistic shot of landing. It looks like I'm locked in a couple battles with UNC and based on my single player dynasty results so far, I don't expect to win many of those.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:55 PM   #33
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsIn06 View Post
Damn Mike, sorry I never showed up. Got back home much, much later than expected (Just got back at 12:50) Hopefully you weren't just waiting for me .

I was but it is cool!!!

Tonight around 11? or pretty much during the weekend whenever.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 04:08 PM   #34
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1409 View Post
I was but it is cool!!!

Tonight around 11? or pretty much during the weekend whenever.

Tonight at 11 is perfect. See you then!
Old 08-22-2008, 04:08 PM   #35
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Quit causing problems before I go Marlo on your ass

You sayin my name? IN THE STREET?!
Old 08-22-2008, 07:54 PM   #36
Logan
Head Coach

Oklahoma State destroys Arizona, 59-21.

Zac Robinson was great, going 25-36 for 415 yards, 4 TDs, and no INTs.

Kendrell Hunter carried the rock 22 times for 128 yards and two scores.

Antrell Woods caught 14 balls for 248 yards and 3 scores.

Quite the impressive statistical day.

Last edited by Logan : 08-22-2008 at 07:55 PM.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:21 PM   #37
DeToxRox
Head Coach

If anyone knows, let me know who has stuff left if they do not mind. Just to see how we're looking. I'll be gone most of tomorrow but if everyones done by then we can advance asap.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:13 PM   #38
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
If anyone knows, let me know who has stuff left if they do not mind. Just to see how we're looking. I'll be gone most of tomorrow but if everyones done by then we can advance asap.

Mike & Jetsin06 are playing their game right now.
You need to do your recruiting.
KWhit needs to do recruiting.
Grammaticus needs to play his CPU game.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:24 PM   #39
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Me and Mike are done. I won 38-24 or something like that. It was a close game all the way to the end but I got an INT to put it out of reach. Great game Mike.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:47 AM   #40
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I should get my game in sometime today.

Also, on recruiting I have a decent shot at one 4 star and then it is 3 stars for me the rest of the way. I think I may have an outside chance on one other 4 star at best. I just did not have much interest from the top recruits. I guess thats the breaks.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:13 AM   #41
DeToxRox
Head Coach

File will be up by 4:15