Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-27-2008, 03:23 PM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

EBFL Week 5!!! Uploads due Wednesday, September 3rd!!!

Uploads due at 11 PM next Wednesday. We flew through week four, but the same deadline over Labor Day applies.

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 04:31 PM   #2
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I really think FSU is going to flat out demolish me. Their D is loaded. I mean come on, a 99 overall, really? Add in their 94 rated O and it's a nightmare.
Old 08-27-2008, 04:38 PM   #3
Radii
Head Coach

I believe I'm playing USF this week. Karlifornia, when is good for you to play? I can't guarentee my availability tonight but any other evening is good for me.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 07:00 PM   #4
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Sooo .. FSU just beat me 50-14. Their D is not even fair. I have no idea how you score against them. Their LB's ran down Darrell Scott every time he got in the open field. My only success were short throws and once I got inside the thirty, it was useless.

In any NCAA ever, this is my worst loss. I knew it was gonna suck when I fumbled my first drive, then they scored. I miss a FG my second drive and then when they had the ball, I pick them off, and while in mid air their WR ko's me, picks up the loose ball and scores.

I had to pass the entire second half, so just don't get down or you're fucked.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:15 PM   #5
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
I believe I'm playing USF this week. Karlifornia, when is good for you to play? I can't guarentee my availability tonight but any other evening is good for me.

I'm available tonight (wednesday) any time, Friday any time, and Saturday until 4 PM PST, 7 PM EST
Old 08-27-2008, 08:13 PM   #6
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Sooo .. FSU just beat me 50-14. Their D is not even fair. I have no idea how you score against them. Their LB's ran down Darrell Scott every time he got in the open field. My only success were short throws and once I got inside the thirty, it was useless.

In any NCAA ever, this is my worst loss. I knew it was gonna suck when I fumbled my first drive, then they scored. I miss a FG my second drive and then when they had the ball, I pick them off, and while in mid air their WR ko's me, picks up the loose ball and scores.

I had to pass the entire second half, so just don't get down or you're fucked.

Worried about this for my LSU game. I'll get to it tomorrow most likely guys, sorry I can't do it tonight.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 08:17 PM   #7
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
I'm available tonight (wednesday) any time, Friday any time, and Saturday until 4 PM PST, 7 PM EST

I'll be available at 11pm (eastern) tonight(perhaps a bit before but can guarentee 11 is good), and will be free friday as well if we can't get it in tonight. I'll hop on Xbox Live around 11 tonight to see what's up.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:55 AM   #8
wade moore
lolzcat

Damnit.

The open the drawer first solution had been working fine for me.

I'm home sick so I went to play my game against Duke. I did recruiting fine, but during the 1st quarter it froze.

*sigh*

I'm going to try again, but you'll see at least one restart from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 11:39 AM   #9
wade moore
lolzcat

Well then..

After several frustrating freezes where the game was tight we beat Duke 45-20 with RB Mikel Simpson setting a school record with 261 rushing yards and we also set a school record for longest INT Return Td.

BTW - we had 39 passing yards.

49 rushes to 16 passes. It was just all clicking, no reason to risk passing.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 08-28-2008, 12:33 PM   #10
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'll be available at 11pm (eastern) tonight(perhaps a bit before but can guarentee 11 is good), and will be free friday as well if we can't get it in tonight. I'll hop on Xbox Live around 11 tonight to see what's up.

Ok. Well, the Stanford game comes on at 8 your time....if that's a blowout then I should be on at 11 no problem.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:01 PM   #11
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Ok. Well, the Stanford game comes on at 8 your time....if that's a blowout then I should be on at 11 no problem.

Yeah the Beavers should put up quite a few first half points .. Er
Old 08-28-2008, 04:48 PM   #12
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

My game is in. I lost to LSU 65-39 and stopped their offense only three times (two picks and one actual stop). They were robotic. They broke 14 tackles (not including a monster kick return with five) to my 0 so I apparently have to continue to practice my tackling and my running.

It was a day for records for Mississippi State as Co-Eric Riley caugh 17 passes for 271 yards and 3 tds.

The game would've been a tad bit closer except for I went for it on 4'th and goal from the 3 with 7 seconds left in the first half, didn't make it, and in that remaining two seconds they ran for a 97 yard touchdown. They also had a kick return with a bunch of missed tackles so it could've at least been manageable w/o those two plays.

Last edited by PurdueBrad : 08-28-2008 at 04:49 PM.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:22 PM   #13
wade moore
lolzcat

I have mixed feelings on the new sliders on my first try - the broken tackles seems absurd and I seemed to have a lot of dropped balls for my guys.

And that was against Duke.

We'll see.. maybe the "broken tackles" is the only way to get realistic ypc. That we just have to deal with seeing guys break tackles left and right unless we want the cpu to have 2 ypc.

Quote:
Old 08-28-2008, 05:31 PM   #14
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I still have managed to break quite a few tackles, but it comes down to using the highlight stick upwards, to truck guys over. I also have a really good RB, but against FSU it didn't matter.

The broken tackles can be frustrating but so far I have found the key to be to use the hit stick to tackle behind the line, so if you miss, you have extra chances. Once it's one on one down the sidelines, it doesn't work so much.

But if it continues to be a problem we'll take a look at it.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:57 PM   #15
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
I still have managed to break quite a few tackles, but it comes down to using the highlight stick upwards, to truck guys over. I also have a really good RB, but against FSU it didn't matter.

The broken tackles can be frustrating but so far I have found the key to be to use the hit stick to tackle behind the line, so if you miss, you have extra chances. Once it's one on one down the sidelines, it doesn't work so much.

But if it continues to be a problem we'll take a look at it.

Yeah, I guess part of my thought is it might not be as much of a "problem" as it seems. That it's a necessary evil to get everything else balanced.

And see, problem is, I'm a "no switch" guy. I don't control much on defense, so that's a bit tough. I know it's something I need to do, but right now I just don't have enough control over it. It puts me at a disadvantage compared to those that do.

Quote:
Old 08-28-2008, 07:41 PM   #16
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

The missed tackles is just something I'll have to get used to and, frankly, it's allowing the sliders to achiever their end. Its more the flip side for me, that I have not been able to get much a run game (this one isn't the best example as we were down 21-0 early and threw a ton).
Old 08-28-2008, 09:32 PM   #17
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:

I actually meant that for last night. I am around tonight, but it looks like the Stanford game is a close one, tomorrow is good too, so its all good.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:01 PM   #18
Radii
Head Coach

USF beats NC State 38-21. We went up 10-3 early and (to me at least) it felt like USF was totally in control the rest of the way. I ran for only 2.5 yards per carry and never got the running game going. 4 INTs, including 2 returned for TD's, hurt us extremely badly, and USF did a great job mixing up runs and passes and keeping me completely off balance for a couple long TD drives.

Good game!
Old 08-29-2008, 12:07 AM   #19
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
USF beats NC State 38-21. We went up 10-3 early and (to me at least) it felt like USF was totally in control the rest of the way. I ran for only 2.5 yards per carry and never got the running game going. 4 INTs, including 2 returned for TD's, hurt us extremely badly, and USF did a great job mixing up runs and passes and keeping me completely off balance for a couple long TD drives.

Good game!

Thanks for the kind words. It was a good game. You had me flustered in the first half. We weren't running as well as we usually do. Your defenses seemed to be working pretty well. I settled into a groove in the second half, which felt real good.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:20 AM   #20
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
The missed tackles is just something I'll have to get used to and, frankly, it's allowing the sliders to achiever their end. Its more the flip side for me, that I have not been able to get much a run game (this one isn't the best example as we were down 21-0 early and threw a ton).

My running game has always been a couple of notches above my passing game in EA Sports (which is backwards of most people) so I've gotten pretty solid at running in this one - as evidenced in my last game with 260+ from one back (I forgot to look, but I may have been over 300 for the team). I think these sliders are treating that aspect of my offense well .

Quote:
Old 08-29-2008, 10:28 AM   #21
Logan
Head Coach

Whew. Came back from a 21-10 deficit to beat Troy 24-21. I was stifling their offense but they kept breaking long plays for scores, and I had a couple bad turnovers that stopped my momentum.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:09 PM   #22
Mike1409
High School Varsity

UNC's rollercoaster season continued as they were crushed 56-10 at Miami in a game that wasn't as close as the score indicates. Miami had 2RB's rush for over a hundred yards. They had 3 INT's in the first QB by the greatest LB in school history. They even showed their superiority by scoring on a fake punt in the 2nd quarter up 21-0, and a their final 2 scores came in the last 2 minutes with a long pass TD and a long run on the last play of the game.

I will say that I have never played a game where I knew I had no chance. They could run at will and on 1 play an OL blocked 3 players at 3 levels. When I would have WR open I woupld get the classic super LB Int or the WR would drop the ball.

I am going to chalk it up to a bad week on my part.........for now.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:37 PM   #23
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Can someone post who is left? Just curious as I'll be in and out all weekend but I can advance a few times in the next two days, as I have a few small windows, so I just wanna' see if I should try then and keep our torrid pace going, or just wait it out.

Either way it's no biggie, just more curiousity.

Keep up the good work.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:07 PM   #24
Ironhead
College Prospect

After two long, exhausting days of moving I sat down to play my Week 5 game last night. I was greeted by 3 angry flashing lights. Looks like it is time to order a coffin from Microsoft. :-(

Couldn't come at a worse time. I have a ton of recruits coming to this weeks game. If it gets simmed do you know if the computer will do anything on the recruiting front or am I just completely SOL?

Last edited by Ironhead : 08-30-2008 at 12:08 PM.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 12:08 PM   #25
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Sorry to hear that Ironhead. The turn around for me was about 2 1/2 weeks which, IMHO, wasn't too bad. If you have your own box, it's quick because they'll just e-mail you a shipping label to take to a UPS Store.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:08 PM   #26
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
After two long, exhausting days of moving I sat down to play my Week 5 game last night. I was greeted by 3 angry flashing lights. Looks like it is time to order a coffin from Microsoft. :-(

Couldn't come at a worse time. I have a ton of recruits coming to this weeks game. If it gets simmed do you know if the computer will do anything on the recruiting front or am I just completely SOL?

Actually, the CPU does a real good job of recruiting, imo. It'll clear up your recruiting board some and focus on areas of need and go after better guys you might have a shot at not already on your board.

I'll keep your spot open and just sim your games for you as long as ya need.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:27 PM   #27
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:

Just to check - I know some people have said they get the red rings when the cables aren't seated properly. I'd unplug and replug before calling MS - with a recent move it's possible things got wonky in hookup?

Quote:
Old 08-30-2008, 06:49 PM   #28
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Just to check - I know some people have said they get the red rings when the cables aren't seated properly. I'd unplug and replug before calling MS - with a recent move it's possible things got wonky in hookup?

I did this last night to no avail. After reading this I did it again but this time it worked. I made it through an entire quarter of play now and then logged into the dynasty. Got through recruiting and my game! We easily beat Army and I will keep my fingers crossed that the Xbox was just having a temporary fit.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 06:52 PM   #29
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Sweet, congrats on the win and getting the 360 to work!
Old 08-30-2008, 11:08 PM   #30
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
I did this last night to no avail. After reading this I did it again but this time it worked. I made it through an entire quarter of play now and then logged into the dynasty. Got through recruiting and my game! We easily beat Army and I will keep my fingers crossed that the Xbox was just having a temporary fit.

w00t!

Quote:
Old 08-31-2008, 10:16 AM   #31
wade moore
lolzcat

FYI - looks like everyone is done except for KWhit. He needs to do his game and recruiting.

Quote:
Old 09-03-2008, 08:37 AM   #32
Logan
Head Coach

Bump. We good yet?
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 09:38 AM   #33
wade moore
lolzcat

Checked last night and we were still waiting on KWhit.

Quote:
Old 09-03-2008, 10:00 AM   #34
KWhit
Coordinator

It'll get done today.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 12:33 PM   #35
KWhit
Coordinator

FYI - I'm all done.

PS. I hate my team.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:37 PM   #36
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
FYI - I'm all done.

PS. I hate my team.

oh noes - did you lose to Syracuse?

Quote:
Old 09-03-2008, 12:39 PM   #37
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I see KWhit lost 34-7 .. The sliders sure did humble a number of us (Probably me more then any ... 50-14 .. oof)
Old 09-04-2008, 07:36 AM   #38
KWhit
Coordinator

Yeah, it was ugly. Really, really ugly.