Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-18-2008, 12:00 PM   #51
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
How do tie-breakers work for the Rose Bowl/BCS/Big Ten conference title? Is it whoever has the highest BCS ranking?

I'd assume if this scenario played out for example

IU wins out
UM wins out

IU goes beause they're 12-0 to my 11-1

Now say

IU wins out
OSU wins out

OSU will go because of the BCS ranking

Finally say

IU loses because they finally play real teams

Then the world is right again.

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:00 PM   #52
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I believe Sun and I played once outside of the RFL. If memory serves, he is the one that I beat on a last second hail mary that bounced off of his defender and into my receiver's hands.

Ah! I always thought that was EF. Yeah I remember that game vividly. I always just chalked that up as a win because I just forgot to play Prevent defense...it being a Exhibition game and all
Old 09-18-2008, 12:00 PM   #53
Kodos
Resident Alien

In real life, I believe if there is a tie at the end of the season, whichever team has had the longest stretch since their last Rose Bowl gets the nod. Which would be IU, if we get to that point.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:01 PM   #54
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
In real life, I believe if there is a tie at the end of the season, whichever team has had the longest stretch since their last Rose Bowl gets the nod. Which would be IU, if we get to that point.

It's been a long time since never hasn't it?
Old 09-18-2008, 12:02 PM   #55
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
I'd assume if this scenario played out for example

IU wins out
UM wins out

IU goes beause they're 12-0 to my 11-1

Now say

IU wins out
OSU wins out

OSU will go because of the BCS ranking

Finally say

IU loses because they finally play real teams

Then the world is right again.

You're ignoring the fact that OSU will likely beat you by 40 or more points.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:03 PM   #56
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
It's been a long time since never hasn't it?

1968, I believe.

You just keep on picking on the little guys while OSU widens their lead on you.

Last edited by Kodos : 09-18-2008 at 12:16 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:04 PM   #57
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:

I thought the Big Ten scratched that rule once the BCS rankings came into play.

Last edited by Galaxy : 09-18-2008 at 12:04 PM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:07 PM   #58
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
Ah! I always thought that was EF. Yeah I remember that game vividly. I always just chalked that up as a win because I just forgot to play Prevent defense...it being a Exhibition game and all

Yeah, you guys did really outplay us with inferior talent. I got lucky on the freak hail mary score. But, a win's a win.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:07 PM   #59
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
Having only played HA once I don't know how exactly to take that, but judging by how good (or not) HA was I'd say that's a good thing.

LOL. It's a good thing.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:08 PM   #60
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
I thought the Big Ten scratched that rule once the BCS rankings came into play.

That could very well be the case.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:11 PM   #61
Kodos
Resident Alien

Big Ten Conference Official Athletic Site

Rose Bowl. Unless ranked No. 1 or No. 2 in the final BCS poll, the conference champion shall participate in the Rose Bowl. The championship shall be determined on the percentage basis of conference games (tie games counts ½ win and ½ loss). If there is a tie for the championship, the Rose Bowl representative will be determined as follows:
An ineligible team shall not be considered in the standings for determination of the conference representative.
If there is a tie for the championship, the winner of the game between these two teams shall represent the conference.
If there is still a tie for the championship, or if the tied teams did not play each other, the team that played more games against Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) teams shall be eliminated.
If there is still a tie, or if the tied teams did not play each other, or if both teams played the same number of games against an FCS team(s), the representative shall be determined on the percentage basis of all games played.
If there is still a tie, the most recent team earning BCS automatic selection shall be eliminated.
If more than two teams tie for the championship, the same selection procedures shall be followed with the following exceptions:
If three teams are tied, and if one team defeated both of the other teams, then that team shall be the representative.
If three teams are still tied, and if two of the three teams defeated the third team, the third team is eliminated, and the remaining two teams shall revert to the two-team tie procedure.
If three teams are still tied, and there is a tie game between two of the three teams, or if two or all three of the teams did not play each other, the representative shall be determined on a percentage basis of all games played except, if one or two of the tied teams played more games against an FCS opponent than the other tied teams, then said team or teams shall be eliminated, and the remaining two teams, if applicable, shall revert to the two-team tie procedure.
If three teams are still tied, and one of the three teams is eliminated through the percentage basis of all games played, the remaining two teams shall revert to the two-team tie procedure.
If three teams are still tied, and all three teams have the same winning percentage of all games played, the most recent team representing the conference shall be eliminated, and the two remaining teams shall revert to the two-team tie procedure.
If four or more teams tie for the championship, the following selection procedure shall be followed:
If one team defeated each of the other three teams, then that team shall be the representative.
If two of the four teams defeated each of the other two teams, the latter two teams shall be eliminated, and the two remaining teams shall revert to the two-team tie procedure.
If three of the four teams defeated the fourth team, the fourth team is eliminated, and the remaining three teams shall revert to the three-team tie procedure.
If there is a tie game between two of the four teams, or if two of the four teams did not play each other, the representative shall be determined on a percentage of all games played, except, if one or more of the tied teams played more games against an FCS opponent than the other tied teams, then said teams shall be eliminated, and the remaining teams, if applicable, shall revert to the two- or three-team tie procedure.
If one of the four teams is eliminated through the percentage of all games played, the remaining three teams shall revert to the three-team tie procedure.
If all four teams are still tied and have the same winning percentage of all games played, the most recent team representing the conference shall be eliminated and the three remaining teams shall revert to the three-team tie procedure.

Last edited by Kodos : 09-18-2008 at 12:12 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:16 PM   #62
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
You're ignoring the fact that OSU will likely beat you by 40 or more points.

While this seems likely, just you wait. I'll have Kang on the sidelines vs IU next year to add to your humiliation.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:18 PM   #63
Kodos
Resident Alien

We'll beat you. You heard it here first.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:20 PM   #64
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Get used to it
Old 09-18-2008, 12:21 PM   #65
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Sorry for such an old video, but it is all I could find from a time where IU was not only relevant but also in a game with Michigan.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:23 PM   #66
Kodos
Resident Alien

I would actually give IU a pretty decent chance to beat Michigan in real life this season, if they played. Michigan is down, and IU is fielding an improving team.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:25 PM   #67
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
I would actually give IU a pretty decent chance to beat Michigan in real life this season, if they played. Michigan is down, and IU is fielding an improving team.

I'd probably agree. I love Kellen Lewis, and if Michigan had him, this is a Big Ten contender, though they still wouldn't beat OSU, but the kid is legit.

Regardless though, next year you'll meet my fist.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:27 PM   #68
Kodos
Resident Alien

Bring it!
Old 09-18-2008, 12:34 PM   #69
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:

Michigan just doesn't have the personal or experience with the new offense. I think Dex is experiencing that problem (at least the right personal) on NCAA as well.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:41 PM   #70
Kodos
Resident Alien

That's what I'm saying. Right now, Michigan is down due to the transition. IU is on the upswing. While Michigan certainly has recruiting advantages right now due to their vastly superior history, Indiana may actually be fielding the better team this season. Kellen Lewis is a stud, Jon Middleton is one of the best DE's in college football, we have fast LBs who flow to the ball, and three very good safeties in the secondary.

In a ten game series, Michigan still wins more than IU. But IU would win at least 2 or 3 times. In past seasons, Michigan wins all ten games more likely than not.

Last edited by Kodos : 09-18-2008 at 12:43 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:42 PM   #71
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
That's what I'm saying. Right now, Michigan is down due to the transition. IU is on the upswing. While Michigan certainly has recruiting advantages right now due to their vastly superior history, Indiana may actually be fielding the better team this season. Kellen Lewis is a stud, Jon Middleton is one of the best DE's in college football, we have fast LBs who flow to the ball, and three very good safeties in the secondary.

Will Lewis be healthy for our game next week? Have you been able to figure out the inside run game? I remember, when we played in exhibition games, you had a very tough time.

Last edited by Galaxy : 09-18-2008 at 12:43 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:02 PM   #72
Kodos
Resident Alien

No comment, and no comment.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:48 PM   #73
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
No comment, and no comment.

I can just look it up on the injury report.

Last edited by Galaxy : 09-18-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 02:07 PM   #74
Kodos
Resident Alien

That's fine. We're not in the business of helping the enemy, my friend.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:09 PM   #75
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I love the smack...just ignore this team...we will get to where we need to...
Old 09-18-2008, 04:48 PM   #76
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Hey Galaxy you should rename your players too. It takes all of the joy out of an INT or sack when "Clausen" isn't visible.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 05:20 PM   #77
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmooth View Post
Hey Galaxy you should rename your players too. It takes all of the joy out of an INT or sack when "Clausen" isn't visible.

I could. I just don't like Notre Dame enough in real life.

I don't think I threw an INT last night, did I? I know you did. And yes, 12:30/9:30 PAC time sounds good tonight. BTW, is that husky roar after each score in the game, or did you add that?
Old 09-18-2008, 05:21 PM   #78
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
I love the smack...just ignore this team...we will get to where we need to...

As long as you win out, you should be bowling in the BCS.

Last edited by Galaxy : 09-18-2008 at 05:24 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:24 PM   #79
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Quote:
I could. I just don't like Notre Dame enough in real life.

I don't think I threw an INT last night, did I? I know you did. And yes, 12:30/9:30 PAC time sounds good tonight. BTW, is that husky roar after each score in the game, or did you add that?

Correct, no interceptions for you. That noise must be in the game, I didn't add shiz.
Old 09-18-2008, 05:31 PM   #80
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Correct, no interceptions for you. That noise must be in the game, I didn't add shiz.

I just heard it the first time you scored, and was like, what the hell is that. I never heard that before. I just know you can add sounds, songs, and chants. Would you open to playing at midnight/9?

Last edited by Galaxy : 09-18-2008 at 05:31 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:33 PM   #81
MacroGuru
Coordinator

BYU had a scrappy UNLV team come in and hold the game tight until the third qtr.

We had 2 pick sixes, one in the 4th from inside the end zone, 104 yard INT return for the TD. We then pulled an ass maneuver because I hated the fact they played us so close and audibles into an onside kick and recovered.

However it was immediately followed up by a pretty funny play. Max Hall threw the pic and they were attempting to return it when one of my players stripped the ball and we recovered the fumble.

Not one of my better games but a win none the less....42-14

Also, I am slowly working on renaming my roster...I have all the skilled Offensive positions named...I will work on the OL and DL tomorrow.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:02 PM   #82
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Quote:
I just heard it the first time you scored, and was like, what the hell is that. I never heard that before. I just know you can add sounds, songs, and chants. Would you open to playing at midnight/9?

yeah, that works
Old 09-19-2008, 12:04 AM   #83
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Probably Saturday afternoon, the Gophers will go for their first conference win. Time to try to dig out of this hole.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:25 AM   #84
Galaxy
Coordinator

Good game smooth.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:29 AM   #85
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Yeah you too, man. Intense. Video coming soon.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:36 AM   #86
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah you too, man. Intense. Video coming soon.

I was too pissed to save any. Not to mention it just takes so damn long for them to load up.
I kept hitting the wrong buttons all night (on those two interceptions). Guess I'm just a little stressed out.

Last edited by Galaxy : 09-19-2008 at 12:36 AM.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:25 AM   #87
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Great game in Seattle tonight. To the video:

With the score tied at 7, things started to pick up before the half:

EA SPORTS World: NCAA Football 09 Video

[IMG]http://counters.gigya.com/wildfire/IMP/CXNID=2000002.0NXC/bT*xJmx*PTEyMjE4MDQ*Mzk2MzAmcHQ9MTIyMTgwNDQ*NDMxNyZwPTk1MDcxJmQ9Jm49Jmc9MSZ*PSZvPTEyN2I2NTQ2NTVmNDQ*MDRiYjI4ZWE3NzBhM2FkYWM5.gif[/IMG]

Notre Dame splits the Cover 2 with a 71-yard strike with 1:50 left in the half.

UW had an answer:

[IMG]http://counters.gigya.com/wildfire/IMP/CXNID=2000002.11NXC/bT*xJmx*PTEyMjE4MDQ2NzAzMDImcHQ9MTIyMTgwNDY3MTYwMyZwPTk1MDcxJmQ9Jm49Jmc9MSZ*PQ==.gif[/IMG]

Locker hits Hasty on a sweet 55 yard HB screen with :49 left, to wrap up the 1st half scoring at 14-14.

Notre Dame comes out of the locker room and dominates the 3rd quarter, putting up 10 unanswered points. On the 1st play of the 4th quarter, UW looks to cap a long drive with a TD:

[IMG]http://counters.gigya.com/wildfire/IMP/CXNID=2000002.0NXC/bT*xJmx*PTEyMjE4MDQ5ODE1OTkmcHQ9MTIyMTgwNDk4MzY1MiZwPTk1MDcxJmQ9Jm49Jmc9MSZ*PSZvPTEyN2I2NTQ2NTVmNDQ*MDRiYjI4ZWE3NzBhM2FkYWM5.gif[/IMG]

On a designed QB sneak, Locker gets destroyed and fumbles the ball. Notre Dame gets a clutch recovery. If the Irish can turn the resulting drive into points, it's all she wrote for the Huskies. On the next play, however:

[IMG]http://counters.gigya.com/wildfire/IMP/CXNID=2000002.0NXC/bT*xJmx*PTEyMjE4MDUxNDUwOTQmcHQ9MTIyMTgwNTE*NjU4NiZwPTk1MDcxJmQ9Jm49Jmc9MSZ*PSZvPTEyN2I2NTQ2NTVmNDQ*MDRiYjI4ZWE3NzBhM2FkYWM5.gif[/IMG]

"Clausen" gives it right back! This would be the turning point in the ballgame. The Huskies capitalized immediately:

Locker walks in on the option, 24-21, Irish. After a couple of stalled drives for both teams, the Huskies were able to put a long drive together, scoring the winning TD with 1:33 to go with a Locker sneak on 4th and Goal from the 1.

Good stuff. If we were to play this game 10 times, Galaxy and I would most likely split 5-5.

Last edited by Bigsmooth : 09-19-2008 at 01:26 AM.
Old 09-19-2008, 02:00 AM   #88
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Intense. Congrats on the win, smooth.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:55 AM   #89
Kodos
Resident Alien

Nice job crushing the Irish, Smooth!
Old 09-19-2008, 10:20 AM   #90
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Quote:
Nice job crushing the Irish, Smooth!

Well, I didn't really "crush" them, but thanks. It was an interesting game. Lucky for me I have Locker because there is no talent at receiver and without the threat of the option, well, ouch.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:40 AM   #91
Kodos
Resident Alien

You dealt them a crushing blow, at least.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:42 AM   #92
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Nice "W" smooth. Way to show them Irish bastards how the west coast plays ball.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:46 AM   #93
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:

Just curious. Do you guys actually look at this stuff, or am I largely wasting my time creating them?
Old 09-19-2008, 10:58 AM   #94
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I love them...it adds to the imersion of the league IMO.

Plus they're so pretty!
Old 09-19-2008, 11:05 AM   #95
Kodos
Resident Alien

I've always believed that adding color helps make the data in a column easier to follow. Plus, they just look so pretty!
Old 09-19-2008, 12:09 PM   #96
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

I think they add a lot. Cconsidering we don't have a league website to check out, it's nice to see the standings and what not outside of the game. So yeah....

Bring on the Trojans!
Old 09-19-2008, 12:11 PM   #97
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Good stuff. If we were to play this game 10 times, Galaxy and I would most likely split 5-5.

Yeap. After the first game that was either going to OT or a potential win for us (depending on how that last 1:29 played out), and this game, it was a hell of game. I would love to get you into South Bend next year.

The interception was the game-changer. My receiver had the corner beat, and I expected Clausen to throw it to his left more and lead him, but the linebacker just got it.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:19 PM   #98
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Yeap. After the first game that was either going to OT or a potential win for us

My guess is that Clausen would have found a way to choke the game away in that situation.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:20 PM   #99
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Yeah, I basically keep an eye on it all...
Old 09-19-2008, 12:22 PM   #100
Kodos
Resident Alien

I figure they help folks outside the league follow along, in case there is anyone who does that.