Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-05-2008, 07:09 PM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

EBFL Week 4!!! Uploads due Monday, November 10th!!!!

Week 4 Schedule

#19 Colorado @ USF
#17 Oklahoma State vs #10 Va. Tech
#24 Texas A&M @ #14 Miami
North Carolina @ NC State
Syracuse vs Memphis
Kentucky @ #3 Georgia
Miss. State @ #16 WVU
#12 Pitt vs Navy
UVA vs Duke
#11 Arkansas @ Alabama

Wade - UVA loses another close one, this time 20-15 vs Miami.

DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:38 PM   #2
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Radii - when you want to hook up? I can play tomorrow or friday after 8pm.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 09:08 PM   #3
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I got beasted by George Selvie and then lost connection when a projectile hit my modem. Scott couldn't do anything because Selvie was everywhere.

Karl had two fourth quarter TD's on long runs when I went for strips out of desperation. A pick six and a 4th and goal stop inside the 5 killed me much like vs Clemson last night.

GG Karl.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:13 PM   #4
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
I got beasted by George Selvie and then lost connection when a projectile hit my modem. Scott couldn't do anything because Selvie was everywhere.

Karl had two fourth quarter TD's on long runs when I went for strips out of desperation. A pick six and a 4th and goal stop inside the 5 killed me much like vs Clemson last night.

GG Karl.

What do you call a defense that finally plays like the BEASTS that they truly are? I call it my USF Bulls defense...

I am most proud of holding Darrell Scott to 55 yards on 23 carries. My d-line was in the backfield on most plays....It was truly fun for me, and probably frustrating as hell for Detox..

I have to go to Boulder next year, so I'll be ready to be served revenge.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:21 PM   #5
cmp
Pro Rookie

Arkansas beats Alabama 47-30. We were stopped three times inside the red zone and had to settle for field goals so that part was disappointing as was our defense giving up 30 points. But the worst part was Heisman candidate Michael Smith going down with an injury for the second year in a row. He'll be out for two weeks. His replacement De'Anthony Curtis came in and ran the ball 26 times for 141 yards and a touchdown. Third string freshmen back Dennis Johnson ran 6 times for 103 yards a touchdown. On defense Joe Adams picked off 3 passes and returned 1 for a touchdown. He now has 6 interceptions, 3 for touchdown in only 3 games.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:23 AM   #6
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1409 View Post
Radii - when you want to hook up? I can play tomorrow or friday after 8pm.

Thursday 8pm should work for me.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:37 AM   #7
Logan
Head Coach

I never thought I'd be excited to be going up against a team ranked #10. I'm dying for a CPU game after these last two. Should be able to get it in at some point tonight, so keep your panties on Danny.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:08 AM   #8
Logan
Head Coach

I'm still reeling over this loss. I have no idea what to do.

DeTox, you're a pro at it...any pointers?
Old 11-06-2008, 11:32 AM   #9
wade moore
lolzcat

this sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:07 PM   #10
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Wow...I'll admit, closest I've ever come to shutting a game off. Third play I lost my best player (offense or defense) in Christian Ducre', starting running back, for 9 weeks.

However, we put together an amazing back and forth game at West Virginia. 58-52 win in triple overtime. Carroll was 25-32 with 292 yards, 2 tds and 2 picks. With 4 dropped passes and the 2 picks, it means he had one true incomplete pass, wow. Freshmen Ervin Heard carried 28 times for 176 yards and 3 tds off the bench. Freshmen fullback Chris Anderson scored his first td on a run up the middle. Mike Gatewood, freshmen receiver, caught a pass for a touchdown. A brutally tough game, one in which I had to call out all the stops. The Mountaineers even stopped two attempts at 4'th and 1 QB sneaks and I stopped two of theirs. Whew...relief!

Last edited by PurdueBrad : 11-06-2008 at 09:08 PM.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:54 PM   #11
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Wow...I'll admit, closest I've ever come to shutting a game off. Third play I lost my best player (offense or defense) in Christian Ducre', starting running back, for 9 weeks.

However, we put together an amazing back and forth game at West Virginia. 58-52 win in triple overtime. Carroll was 25-32 with 292 yards, 2 tds and 2 picks. With 4 dropped passes and the 2 picks, it means he had one true incomplete pass, wow. Freshmen Ervin Heard carried 28 times for 176 yards and 3 tds off the bench. Freshmen fullback Chris Anderson scored his first td on a run up the middle. Mike Gatewood, freshmen receiver, caught a pass for a touchdown. A brutally tough game, one in which I had to call out all the stops. The Mountaineers even stopped two attempts at 4'th and 1 QB sneaks and I stopped two of theirs. Whew...relief!

Nice job on the win, Brad. It's those tough wins that make playing this game rewarding.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:19 AM   #12
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah Karl, that's ultimately how I've reconciled it. I'm not usually one of those get pissy, reset the game kind of players but I paused it, walked into the kitchen to get a soda, and had to take a second. Although I woke up today with a slight tug of sadness at the fact that Ducre' will be out for the next 9 weeks. He had gotten up to an 89 this year I believe and I was really, really excited about putting his jump in skills to use. In fact, with him, I actually started to generate some break-away runs which was exciting for me.

That's okay though, I complained all year last year during recruiting that I wanted Ervin Heard, he finally signed and now, I get to take him for a test drive, so that's equally as exciting. And frankly, he has been looking really good when I had him on the field so this experience will help us both (particularly me since I'm not used to using a speed back in this game).

Last edited by PurdueBrad : 11-07-2008 at 07:19 AM.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:56 AM   #13
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I do think that I deserve credit for not turning off the game or kicking my wife in the shin when, on the very next play after Ducre's injury, as I'm about to throw the ball to an open receiver and she yells, "Y, Y, Y" so I figure holy crap, there's somebody open that I missed. So I blindly hit Y and throw it directly to the cornerback that is in zone coverage between me and the Y receiver. Her excuse? "He looked open." GUH.

Last edited by PurdueBrad : 11-07-2008 at 07:56 AM.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:30 AM   #14
Logan
Head Coach

Completely destroyed #10 Virginia Tech, 52-12. Their points came on two late TDs with my 2nd team D on the field, and their kicker pathetically missed 2 XPs.

Brandon Weeden continues to make me look smart for giving him the starting job over the higher-rated Alex Cate. Weeden went 22-32 for 330 yards and 3 scores, with no picks. Kendall Hunter finished with just 59 yards but had some nice longer runs get averaged out by some no gains due to poor blocking. Dez Bryant was the main target for Weeden, grabbing 8 balls for 203 and a score. In the 4th quarter with my backups out on O, 6'7" scrambling true frosh Josh Mobley hooked up with another true frosh, Charles Mays, for a 75 yard TD. Mays completely blew by his man at the line and showed insane speed pulling away once he went up for the ball. You guys will look forward to going up against him (he already returned a kick for a TD against Karl, but unfortunately that game didn't end up counting).

All American DE Ugo Chinasa terrorized Tyrod Taylor, notching 3 sacks and forcing two fumbles.

Had some nice talent visiting so hopefully that helps us out.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:05 PM   #15
wade moore
lolzcat

Glory glory - the "new" xbox came in the mail today.

I hope to get it in tonight, but I'll definitely get it in before Monday.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 11-07-2008, 04:18 PM   #16
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Glory glory - the "new" xbox came in the mail today.

WOOHOO!
Old 11-07-2008, 10:55 PM   #17
wade moore
lolzcat

well, my rustiness showed as i barely squeaked out a 28-21 win over Duke..

But, a win is a win at this point.

Quote:
Old 11-07-2008, 11:25 PM   #18
Ironhead
College Prospect

Texas A&M gets back in the win column with a pretty convincing 35-9 win over 14th ranked Miami. After opening up the season against LSU, Arkansas and Miami we get a break next week when we face Baylor at home.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 08:50 AM   #19
wade moore
lolzcat

Just a note for anyone that goes in autopilot..

I've discovered a BIG negative...

They don't redshirt guys for you ..

Oh - and my recruiting list is a who's who of 2 and 3* guys .

Quote:
Old 11-08-2008, 09:39 AM   #20
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Just a note for anyone that goes in autopilot..

I've discovered a BIG negative...

They don't redshirt guys for you ..

Oh - and my recruiting list is a who's who of 2 and 3* guys .

Don't worry, as your team gets better with you in full control, you'll recruit better players so you'll have better talent than what those 5th year seniors would give you.
Old 11-08-2008, 02:03 PM   #21
wade moore
lolzcat

Well, some of those guys were ones i recruited to an extent. There's a couple of guys that committed while I had control.

It's not the end of the world, just unfortunate to lose a year of eligibility on a couple of guys specifically.

Quote:
Old 11-09-2008, 02:11 PM   #22
wade moore
lolzcat

Why is it that when i finally have my xbox everyone takes forever to play their games?

Quote:
Old 11-09-2008, 06:40 PM   #23
DeToxRox
Head Coach

11 pm deadline tomorrow, boys.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:03 PM   #24
Radii
Head Coach

Mike and I are playing our game now.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:14 PM   #25
Radii
Head Coach

Another solid installment in the UNC/NC State rivalry.

NC State used 99 speed freshman Brandon roberts' big play ability, getting a 63 yard TD run on the first play of the game. UNC comes back with slow, methodical drives that NCSU was just powerless to stop. 3rd and 10 seemed an easy conversion down every time. When Roberts wasn't scoring explosive TD's, the NC State offense sputtered.

UNC scored 24 in a row to go up 24-7 with about 6 minutes to go in the game. Big play #2: 69 yard TD run for Roberts makes it 24-14 with 5:54 to go. UNC doesn't score but runs 3 minutes off the clock before big play #3, a 69 yard pass reception by Roberts. That makes it 24-21 with 2:07 left. UNC recovers the onside kick though, and converts a 3rd and 8ish with a nice QB scramble to hold on for the win.

North Carolina 24
NC State 21

Roberts ran 14 times for 192 yards and 2 TDs, with 1 reception for 69 yards and another TD.

On the UNC side, Cam Sexton went 25-31, 308 yards with 1 TD/0 INT to control the clock.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:10 PM   #26
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Good game radii, Roberts is a beast! My only hope was to try and make you play D the entire game! I knew if I made 1 mistake I was in trouble!
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 11:21 PM   #27
DeToxRox
Head Coach

We're advancing soon as I forgot Macro is not in town.