Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-09-2008, 03:35 PM   #1
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

The NCAA Online Play Manifesto

I thought I'd start writing some unofficial guidelines to enable everyone to have the best possible experience while playing other FOFC members online. We can outline our expectations here, and further improve our standards of play. This is meant to be amended, and I'm depending upon you to add to this.

1. I will forever play to recreate an experience resembling that of a real football game.

The strategies that real football coaches employ, while often disagreed with, are very often in place for a reason. Punting on 4th down deep in your own territory...Kicking a field goal on 4th and long...

1a. While recreating an experience that could happen in an actual football game is important, I will not chalk up calculated risk taking as "unrealistic"

As conservative as actual football coaches tend to be, there is still room for improvisation and risk-taking. This is never to be frowned upon. If someone goes for a 4th and 7 at their own 45, they are taking a phenomenal risk. It may pay off, or it may backfire. This is, and always be, part of the game.

2. I will forever strive to become a better player by expanding my playbook.

Every team has a playbook with at least 100 plays in them on both offense and defense. If you are giving serious consideration to every play in your playbook, then you are not doing service to yourself, or your opponent. It may be fun for you to use the same 5 plays in rotation throughout a game, but it is not fun for your opponent, nor is it helping you become a better player.

post below to recommend new "bylaws"

Karlifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 05:36 PM   #2
Galaxy
Coordinator

Bad experience?
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 05:56 PM   #3
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
Bad experience?

Actually, I've never had a game against someone on FOFC that I would categorize as unfortunate. I think it would be pretty cool to let potential n00bs know what they're getting into.