Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-16-2008, 07:20 PM   #1
bignej
High School JV

MAC 2008, Week 3, Deadline 11/22 8 am EST

Welcome to week 3. I was going to make this deadline on 11/21 at midnight but I will be unable to advance until the next morning. Good luck with all your games this week.

bignej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 08:18 PM   #2
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Well, CMU played terribly, and it took four OT, but we got by the pesky Ohio Bobcats 56-49. I need to stop trying to make absurd passes with LeFevour because I keep throwing retarded INTs; a total of 5 today, but LeFevour thankfully threw 4 TD and ran for 4 TD to give us the victory.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 09:08 PM   #3
cmp
Pro Rookie

Western wins 94-24 over Idaho.

Tim Hiller goes 17-27 for 235 yards and 6 touchdowns. Brandon West ran the ball 27 times for 246 yards and 3 touchdowns. His backup Bobby Crawford had 10 carries for 193 yards and 3 touchdowns.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 10:30 PM   #4
Logan
Head Coach

Jesus. If I was coaching Idaho, none of your guys would have their ACLs in tact.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:32 AM   #5
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

How the HELL do you guys score so much with these lower rated teams?!? I'm going to get my arse kicked once I play a user controlled team...

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 07:13 AM   #6
Logan
Head Coach

While I don't think I'll be putting up 90 points anytime soon, the Temple offense really isn't very bad, at least once I looked around and recognized some of my guys strengths. Jason Harper is rated somewhere in the 80s and is very good running both inside and outside, and I have a fullback in Marcellous Grigsby who is a complete stud and has something like 88 speed. Not hard to exploit matchups when there's talent in a position like that. I also have a very accurate QB who can move in the pocket.

The issue of course, will be the defense.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:14 AM   #7
WVUFAN
College Starter

It helps to score 90 points against people when you're throwing 35 yard passes in the 4th quarter while up 47-0.

Or calling timeout while up by 4 scores in the second quarter so you can score more points.

I got whipped easily by a better player, just saying it's really no fun to play against someone who runs up the score.

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 09:34 AM   #8
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

yeah, running up score in a P v P is crap - imo. I don't care if you do it against the cpu but I wouldn't be happy if someone did that to me....

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 11-17-2008, 09:45 AM   #9
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN View Post
It helps to score 90 points against people when you're throwing 35 yard passes in the 4th quarter while up 47-0.

Or calling timeout while up by 4 scores in the second quarter so you can score more points.

I got whipped easily by a better player, just saying it's really no fun to play against someone who runs up the score.

Are you trying to say I ran the score up against you? I scored only 2 touchdowns in the 2nd half against you. If I was going to try to be an idiot and ran up the score I would have scored much more than 14 points in the half. And the 35 yard touchdown pass came on a 3rd and 15. I didn't throw up a bomb, it was a short route where the guy broke a tackle. I ran the ball every first and second down. I wasn't throwing up long passes, which is something I never do. The score at the end of the 2nd was a field goal, again, if I was trying to run up the score I would have used all my timeouts that drive and scored a touchdown. But, I got within the 5 with plenty of time left to score a touchdown and let the clock run down, then called a timeout and kicked a field goal. I could have very easily scored a touchdown. The last thing I was trying to do was run up the score.

Last edited by cmp : 11-17-2008 at 09:47 AM.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:48 AM   #10
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp View Post
Are you trying to say I ran the score up against you? I scored only 2 touchdowns in the 2nd half against you. If I was going to try to be an idiot and ran up the score I would have scored much more than 14 points in the half. And the 35 yard touchdown pass came on a 3rd and 15. I didn't throw up a bomb, it was a short route where the guy broke a tackle. I ran the ball every first and second down. I wasn't throwing up long passes, which is something I never do. The score at the end of the 2nd was a field goal, again, if I was trying to run up the score I would have used all my timeouts that drive and scored a touchdown. But, I got within the 5 with plenty of time left to score a touchdown and let the clock run down, then called a timeout and kicked a field goal. I could have very easily scored a touchdown. The last thing I was trying to do was run up the score.

Yes, I do think you ran up the score, but it's not worth getting into. The game is over, let's move on.

Old 11-17-2008, 09:49 AM   #11
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Yes, I do think you ran up the score, but it's not worth getting into. The game is over, let's move on.

You're the one who brought it up. I don't run up the score, ask anyone I've played against in the EBFL if they feel I ran up the score against them. What else was I supposed to do? Kneel the ball?
Old 11-17-2008, 11:15 AM   #12
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
You're the one who brought it up. I don't run up the score, ask anyone I've played against in the EBFL if they feel I ran up the score against them. What else was I supposed to do? Kneel the ball?

Ok. Fine. You didn't run up the score. The game is over. I doubt if I'll have to play you until next season, so any discussion about it is moot.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:28 AM   #13
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

I don't know dude -scoring 94 points - how can you call that "not running up the score"? Of course I didn't see the game but I do see the final score and can come up with my own conclusion...

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 11-17-2008, 11:34 AM   #14
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
I don't know dude -scoring 94 points - how can you call that "not running up the score"? Of course I didn't see the game but I do see the final score and can come up with my own conclusion...

He's not talking about that game, he's talking about the game we played where I won 55-3.

But yes, scoring 94 is a bit much but when my running backs are averaging over 10 yards a carry it becomes hard not to score. I threw the ball 27 times, most were in the first half though. I couldn't stop Idaho early, their first two plays from scrimmage were 67 and 68 yard touchdowns, all in the first two minutes of the game. I had to throw the ball to keep up. Then, after I got the lead I ran the ball. My backup running back from 10 times for 193 yards. I was using my backup who is rated a 75 or something like that and still he was running for that many yards. I guess next time I'll just kneel the ball and punt.

Also, Idaho is a horrible team. I could have scored more than 94 but all I did was run the ball and my guys happened to be breaking tackles and getting in the clear.

Last edited by cmp : 11-17-2008 at 11:35 AM.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:57 AM   #15
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

oh, my bad - I thought you ran up 94 on WVU not the CPU

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 11-17-2008, 12:07 PM   #16
bignej
High School JV

It is hard sometimes against the CPU to not score a ton. When they start throwing when behind is when I get most of my pick sixes.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:46 PM   #17
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Ok. Fine. You didn't run up the score. The game is over. I doubt if I'll have to play you until next season, so any discussion about it is moot.

Well next time please just don't accuse me of running up the score. My last offensive touchdown in the game came with 5:12 left in the 3rd quarter. I went the last 12 minutes of the game without any offensive points. I very easily could have actually ran up the score but chose not to. I threw the ball only 14 times compared to the 38 times I ran the ball. The only reason this bothered me so much is that I tried extremely hard not to run up the score. And not scoring an offensive touchdown for the last 12 minutes of the game is a pretty good indication I was not running up the score.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:23 PM   #18
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

CMP - I just want to tell you I'm really not looking forward to playing you - not 'cause you'll run up the score but I know you're going to kick my ass - lol

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 11-17-2008, 10:03 PM   #19
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Well next time please just don't accuse me of running up the score. My last offensive touchdown in the game came with 5:12 left in the 3rd quarter. I went the last 12 minutes of the game without any offensive points. I very easily could have actually ran up the score but chose not to. I threw the ball only 14 times compared to the 38 times I ran the ball. The only reason this bothered me so much is that I tried extremely hard not to run up the score. And not scoring an offensive touchdown for the last 12 minutes of the game is a pretty good indication I was not running up the score.

Well, since you continue to bring it up when I've asked twice to just drop it, let's talk about it.

You called time out near the end of the half while up by over 4 scores so you could score again -- I don't care if you could have scored another TD, trying to score again when the game was well in hand was poor form.

So was passing when up by 55 points -- it doesn't matter if it was a third and long. If I'm beating someone by 55 points (which would never happen no matter if I had the ability to), I would never pass when up by that much. I have enough respect for my opponent to not do that. At that point, the game is over; there's no need for me to get another first down.

I think it's great that you chose not to score in the 4th quarter, and perhaps I'm just old fashioned, but you don't score 55 points against someone else even if you could. Even if it's not "technically" running up the score, it's certainly in bad form, and absolutely ruins the game experience for whomever you're playing against. If that means running the ball 3 times and punting, that's what you do. You have the game in hand, there's no need to pass the ball on a 3rd and long up by over 5 touchdowns.

To each his own, though -- if that's how you want to play, that's fine. As I said before, I won't have to play you again until next season, so I don't have to worry about it.

Last edited by WVUFAN : 11-17-2008 at 10:06 PM.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:43 PM   #20
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Well, since you continue to bring it up when I've asked twice to just drop it, let's talk about it.

You called time out near the end of the half while up by over 4 scores so you could score again -- I don't care if you could have scored another TD, trying to score again when the game was well in hand was poor form.

So was passing when up by 55 points -- it doesn't matter if it was a third and long. If I'm beating someone by 55 points (which would never happen no matter if I had the ability to), I would never pass when up by that much. I have enough respect for my opponent to not do that. At that point, the game is over; there's no need for me to get another first down.

I think it's great that you chose not to score in the 4th quarter, and perhaps I'm just old fashioned, but you don't score 55 points against someone else even if you could. Even if it's not "technically" running up the score, it's certainly in bad form, and absolutely ruins the game experience for whomever you're playing against. If that means running the ball 3 times and punting, that's what you do. You have the game in hand, there's no need to pass the ball on a 3rd and long up by over 5 touchdowns.

To each his own, though -- if that's how you want to play, that's fine. As I said before, I won't have to play you again until next season, so I don't have to worry about it.

I just don't understand how it's running up the score when I went the last 12 minutes without scoring. I only threw the ball 14 times the entire game. That was it, most were in the first half. I ran the ball 38 times.

Up 4 scores in the first half doesn't mean the game is over. I've lost after being up that much before. I actually just lost a game the other day up 21 with 2 minutes left in the 3rd. Calling a timeout to kick a field goal at the end of the first half isn't in bad taste at all.

I wouldn't have scored 55 if it wasn't for a pick six in the 4th. I was definitely not trying to score at all in the 2nd half. And I was running the ball on all 3 downs for the most part. I just happened to keep picking up first downs running the ball.

Last edited by cmp : 11-17-2008 at 10:46 PM.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:12 AM   #21
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Me thinks you guys should either take your pissing contest somewhere's else, or get over it and stfu already.

Just my two cents.
Old 11-18-2008, 10:18 AM   #22
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

I'll (Kent State) be able to play my game tonight....

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 11-18-2008, 02:15 PM   #23
Logan
Head Coach

Ugh, I blew my game against Buffalo. Just horrible execution by me down the stretch.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:25 PM   #24
Kodos
Resident Alien

How do fans feel about Logan's execution? They're all for it.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:43 AM   #25
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Kent State falls to 0-2 on another heartbreak loss this week: Boston College. It was a back and forth game with several lead changes but BC kicked a FG with under a min. left to go up 26-24. With only 46 seconds left Kent looked like they where going to put together a miracle drive with BC helping us out - I threw a screen pass to RB Jarvis for a 20 yard gain and BC took him down by the face mask so we got an additional 15 yards on top. We ran one more play for an incomplete pass so we set up for a 43 yard FG - in rain and strong winds - we get a good snap - kick is up:

NO GOOD - didn't even have a chance BC iced the kicker and I'm not sure if it was my color blindness or what but I could not see where the stupid goal post were!!! lol

BC did knock out my starting QB in the 1st quarter and this hit knocked out my second string QB for a quarter:

OUCH!

I'm 0-2 - both games coming down to the last play off the game! Damn!! I hope to bounce back next week to get in the winning column...

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 11-19-2008, 06:55 AM   #26
bignej
High School JV

that's a couple of real tough losses
Old 11-19-2008, 07:19 AM   #27
bignej
High School JV

Great work everyone on getting done so fast. Advancing now.