Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-20-2008, 09:56 PM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

NOFL: Season 2 Week 1 Has Begun! Deadline is 11/25/08 at 10 PM

We start off week 1 with several exciting human vs human matchup:

Texas A&M at Arkansas
Colorado at BC

Defending champion Kentucky starts at #15 in the polls as they face Louisville.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 09:59 PM   #2
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

I look forward to downloading the updated file tomorrow! Hopefully we can compete for the SEC championship again. It's going to be tough with our brutal schedule and much improved human SEC teams in Arkansas & Mississippi State. Glad the offseason is over and we can get to playing some games!
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 01:36 PM   #3
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Ironhead, what's your status this week? I'll be around most of the weekend except Sunday afternoon from about 3-6 central. I'm working next week but can usually be home after 6 pm. Just let me know what works for you. and I'll try to fit it in.

Cautiously optimistic heading into the season. Schedule is tough but aside from Ironhead I have no FOFC games so that's a minor plus in trying to get to a bowl game. We're No. 36 in the preseason rankings so if we can get some early wins maybe we can get ranked.

Recruiting looks like a bear this year. Colorado doesn't have much depth in the state this year and I have almost no high-end recruits who have me ranked even in the top 3. I will be having to fight and claw my way through recruiting.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 03:26 PM   #4
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu View Post
I look forward to downloading the updated file tomorrow! Hopefully we can compete for the SEC championship again. It's going to be tough with our brutal schedule and much improved human SEC teams in Arkansas & Mississippi State. Glad the offseason is over and we can get to playing some games!

Much improved=Mississippi State?

We have had a great recruiting class with enough quality and depth to help us switch to a new offense, but we still have a ways to go.

Last edited by Galaxy : 11-21-2008 at 03:27 PM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 06:27 PM   #5
WVUFAN
College Starter

Fozzie, when are you available to play?

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:12 PM   #6
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
Ironhead, what's your status this week? I'll be around most of the weekend except Sunday afternoon from about 3-6 central. I'm working next week but can usually be home after 6 pm. Just let me know what works for you. and I'll try to fit it in.

Cautiously optimistic heading into the season. Schedule is tough but aside from Ironhead I have no FOFC games so that's a minor plus in trying to get to a bowl game. We're No. 36 in the preseason rankings so if we can get some early wins maybe we can get ranked.

Recruiting looks like a bear this year. Colorado doesn't have much depth in the state this year and I have almost no high-end recruits who have me ranked even in the top 3. I will be having to fight and claw my way through recruiting.

I am home with no obligations for the next 9 days. Anytime would work. Lets try to get it in early though - say tomorrow at 3 pm est?

Last edited by Ironhead : 11-21-2008 at 07:13 PM.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:24 PM   #7
Galaxy
Coordinator

Damn...A bye in the first week. I'm excited to see how the new guys and new offense play.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 09:22 PM   #8
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
I am home with no obligations for the next 9 days. Anytime would work. Lets try to get it in early though - say tomorrow at 3 pm est?
I'll be there ... excellent!
Old 11-21-2008, 09:52 PM   #9
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN View Post
Fozzie, when are you available to play?

all weekend, and after 10:30 PM on weekdays
Old 11-22-2008, 02:20 PM   #10
kcchief19
Pro Starter

First game of the year was an instant classic between Colorado and Boston College.

Both teams struggled to move the ball against some stout defenses. Near the end of the first quarter, Boston College hit a 69-yard pass play and took a 7-0 lead at the end of one.

Colorado responded with a sustained drive ending with a QB sneak into the endzone from inside the one. Boston College then took control of the first half, marching down for another TD to make it 14-7. After a defensive stop, BC got into field goal range and went up 17-7 at halftime.

Colorado started the second half in a wildcat formation with a HB at QB for two plays and managed to get a first down out to midfield and get the crowd out of the game. The drive stalled inside the 10 and finished with a 23-yard field goal to make it 17-10.

BC's next drive looked like it was going to put the game away. The Eagles drove down the field and were marching toward a TD. That's when Colorado forced the game's only turnover, picking off a pass at the goal line. Unfortunately for the Buffs, the cornerback was ruled down inside the one yard line.

Colorado ran the ball up the middle to get out of jail and began a sustained drive cover the end of the third quarter and continuing until 4:50 in the fourth when HB Darrell Scott squeezed into the end zone from inside the one, making it 17-17.

BC couldn't get anything going on their next drive and Colorado got the ball back in good field position, using runs and short passes to march down the field. The big play came on a third down when Hawkins started scrambling toward a first down and threw a shovel pass to Scott for the first. Unfortunately, BC was whistled for roughing the passer to boot and Colorado had the ball at the BC 34. After a drive that included some bizarre clock management by Colorado, the Buffaloes settled for a 24-yard field goal with 1:07 to play to go up 20-17.

BC got the ball back and ready to move. They took the kickoff from about 6 yards in the endzone and got a nice return out over the 30. They marched down to field goal range and with no timeouts spiked the ball to stop the clock with four seconds left to line up for a game-tying field goal. Colorado called time out to ice the kicker.

The kick was a low line drive and appeared to be sneaking just inside the left upright. The kick end up hitting the upright and fluttering back inside the posts. The ball fell to the ground and landed in the endzone just a yard away from the cross bar. The final Colorado 20, Boston College 17.

Most exhaustive game I've ever played. There's so much more pressure when you're playing against a real person than a machine. Ironhead played a great game -- it was a shame either one had to lose. Good luck rest of the way!
Old 11-22-2008, 06:33 PM   #11
Ironhead
College Prospect

It was a great game. That was the first time I've had to kick one of the game ending field goals. It was really difficult to judge the angle from the right hashmark with the camera at field level. We will have to take the game to Boulder next year to complete the home and away. I'll come out on top of one of these human v. human games one of these days. Getting closer!

I saved the replay of the field goal try. Can't embed it because I've been having trouble with Adobe & Java.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/2364812
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 10:41 PM   #12
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Sounds like a great game. I wish there was an option for other people in the league (at least) to watch games.

Oklahoma State's recruiting is done.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 10:53 PM   #13
kcchief19
Pro Starter

I have yet to make a ice-the-kicker kick and the three or four I've tried haven't come anywhere as close as yours did. It was a much better kick than the in-game angle made it seem -- you hit it true which is what I can't do. I've left every one short.

I was really kicking myself for giving you that much time on the clock. That bubble screen to the wide receiver made no sense. My strategy was to to try and keep the ball between the hashmarks and drain time off the clock but I couldn't get that last first down to do it. I thought you were going to win when I left you that much time. All I was doing was trying to keep you out of the end zone and take my chances in OT.

Great game. Definitely up for rematch in Boulder next year if you are.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:32 AM   #14
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
all weekend, and after 10:30 PM on weekdays

I'm on right now if you're up.

Old 11-23-2008, 10:11 AM   #15
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We beat Syracuse 42-21. Our offense is going to be fairly good with the new spread option that we have implemented, but our defense is a disaster. We are rated 73 in defense and I think that is generous. I hate to see what a team with real weapons like USC is going to do to our defense.
Old 11-23-2008, 04:33 PM   #16
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Kentucky beat Louisville 59-14 to open the season. Our ball-hawking defense carried us to the victory. Our offense leaves a lot to be desired after losing last year's starting QB, HB & WR. It's going to take some time for us to find our rhythm. Thankfully we have Bowling Green & Vanderbilt upcoming before playing Florida and Georgia back to back (!!!). Stupid SEC.

I will be thrilled if I can compete for the SEC championship this season. If we had a solid starting QB I'd feel a lot better, but we have a QB making his first start ever plus a freshman HB & several freshman WR's. We'll see what happens though. Anything can happen.

I predict that at least SIX of the human teams will finish the bowl season with 10 or more wins. I also think we will have multiple humans go undefeated. Anyone else care to make any bold predictions?
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 05:04 PM   #17
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

WVUFan, I'll be on rest of the day. Ping me here, or via IM (Yahoo:SirFozzie , AIM:CambridgeForever )
Old 11-24-2008, 07:50 PM   #18
BigDPW
College Prospect

Wound up winning by a hair at the end versus Nevada 30-28. I missed to PATs this game that nearly lost it for me.

I do need to tell everyone that I had a restart warning since I had tried to get the game in earlier and left it paused for a while to help clean up my 2 year olds toys only to come back and find out that he had unpaused it and Nevada had gone up 7-0 and I was backed up to my own goal line still in the 1st quarter.
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 09:28 PM   #19
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

WVU, you around?
Old 11-25-2008, 04:19 AM   #20
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Virginia started the season by beating Wyoming in Laramie, 49-18. Our top recruit Kareem Williams (a 4 star ATH converted into a tight end) had two touchdown catches. New starting running back Mikell Simpson is an absolute demon, but he tires quickly.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:45 AM   #21
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

*sighs* I hope EF sets this to CPU/CPU, or lets me play because I've tried to contact WVYfan here and on Xbox Live

edit: It sucks though if he beats me, either way

Last edited by SirFozzie : 11-25-2008 at 07:46 AM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 09:16 AM   #22
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
*sighs* I hope EF sets this to CPU/CPU, or lets me play because I've tried to contact WVYfan here and on Xbox Live

edit: It sucks though if he beats me, either way

I'm willing to extend the deadline an extra day if it will help any humans play their games against another human. If that won't be enough to help in this particular case, I would just have this play out CPU vs CPU, as it seems like both parties have been making some efforts to get this scheduled.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:17 AM   #23
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDPW View Post
Wound up winning by a hair at the end versus Nevada 30-28. I missed to PATs this game that nearly lost it for me.

I do need to tell everyone that I had a restart warning since I had tried to get the game in earlier and left it paused for a while to help clean up my 2 year olds toys only to come back and find out that he had unpaused it and Nevada had gone up 7-0 and I was backed up to my own goal line still in the 1st quarter.

No problem, it's only when it becomes a repetitive pattern of restarts that I become concerned.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:02 PM   #24
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I'm willing to extend the deadline an extra day if it will help any humans play their games against another human. If that won't be enough to help in this particular case, I would just have this play out CPU vs CPU, as it seems like both parties have been making some efforts to get this scheduled.

Delayed Double Dola -

I noticed that you guys still haven't done your recruiting. Obviously, I would make sure to do that this week at least. Let me know by 10:00 PM if you guys can work something out to play this in the next day or so. Otherwise, we'll advance tonight. Either way, with Thanksgiving, I'm planning on a week deadline for the following week.
Old 11-25-2008, 04:05 PM   #25
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Lets go people! Nobody wants EF to have to institute a KWhit rule

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 11-25-2008 at 04:06 PM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 08:58 PM   #26
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I hope this doesn't happen to me in week 2.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 10:00 PM   #27
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Advancing to week 2 now.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:05 PM   #28
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

In the simulated game, SirFozzie's Texas A&M beats Arkansas 35-14 behind 181 yards and 3 TD's from their star running back. We are now starting week 2.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:45 AM   #29
WVUFAN
College Starter

I'm back now ... we had some power issues due to the winter storm, plus a busy week at work, so sorry for the delay.