Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-23-2008, 03:39 PM   #1
DeToxRox
Head Coach

EBFL Week 9!!! Uploads due Monday, December 1st!!!!

Week 9

#20 Colorado @ Texas Tech
#9 Oklahoma State @ #12 Oklahoma
#18 Texas A&M vs Kansas
North Carolina vs #16 Miami
Syracuse vs Cinncy
#8 Kentucky vs Louisville
Virginia @ NC State
#3 Arkansas vs EMU

Pitt, USF have byes

Last edited by DeToxRox : 11-23-2008 at 04:02 PM.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 04:56 PM   #2
Mike1409
High School Varsity

uh oh? I just turned on my xbox and it says open tray even though there is a disc in the drive. change disc, open close, rinse and repeat and still wont read any disc.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 05:13 PM   #3
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1409 View Post
uh oh? I just turned on my xbox and it says open tray even though there is a disc in the drive. change disc, open close, rinse and repeat and still wont read any disc.

Try turning it off and unplugging it. That happened to me before and I did that, and haven't had a problem since.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:17 PM   #4
wade moore
lolzcat

Radii - I know you said you might not be able to play before the deadline, is that still the case?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:35 PM   #5
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
Radii - I know you said you might not be able to play before the deadline, is that still the case?

i'll be able to play Monday the 1st if you are able to. I'm not going to have the time to tonight and drive out tomorrow, getting back Sunday night. As long as I get to do my own recruiting(which i'll do tomorrow before I leave hopefully) I really don't mind if ya'll set me on CPU for this game if everyone else is done early.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 08:47 PM   #6
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
i'll be able to play Monday the 1st if you are able to. I'm not going to have the time to tonight and drive out tomorrow, getting back Sunday night. As long as I get to do my own recruiting(which i'll do tomorrow before I leave hopefully) I really don't mind if ya'll set me on CPU for this game if everyone else is done early.

I could make myself available the 1st.

I'll leave it up to Detox. If everyone else is done before Monday I could certainly play cpu, or we could play on Monday.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 11-23-2008, 09:00 PM   #7
Logan
Head Coach

If anyone is playing Kansas State anytime soon, I knocked Josh Freeman out for 8 weeks.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 10:27 PM   #8
cmp
Pro Rookie

I probably won't be able to play this week. But I should be able to play Week 10 if it starts after the 1st.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 10:34 PM   #9
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
If anyone is playing Kansas State anytime soon, I knocked Josh Freeman out for 8 weeks.

Awesome. I don't know if they are on my conference schedule this year but I really don't like K-State. I have a personal grudge against them spanning over prior dynasties and last season in the EBFL.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 09:35 AM   #10
Ironhead
College Prospect

We smack around another team from the Big 12 North this week, beating Kansas by a score of 35-3. Our reserves played the entire 4th quarter. True freshman Mike Hardy caught two more touchdown passes, giving him 9 on the season. That is already good enough to set a school record for touchdown catches in a season.

I knew Texas A&M would be a recruiting machine but I feel this is a bit much too soon. I am pretty much guaranteed to pull in the #1 recruiting class this year. We will have the top recruits from a number of positions. I love the school but I do feel their recruiting strength provides an unfair advantage.

Candid question to the other owners. Should I leave Texas A&M and go to a weaker Big 12 school at the end of the season?
Old 11-24-2008, 09:52 AM   #11
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
We smack around another team from the Big 12 North this week, beating Kansas by a score of 35-3. Our reserves played the entire 4th quarter. True freshman Mike Hardy caught two more touchdown passes, giving him 9 on the season. That is already good enough to set a school record for touchdown catches in a season.

I knew Texas A&M would be a recruiting machine but I feel this is a bit much too soon. I am pretty much guaranteed to pull in the #1 recruiting class this year. We will have the top recruits from a number of positions. I love the school but I do feel their recruiting strength provides an unfair advantage.

Candid question to the other owners. Should I leave Texas A&M and go to a weaker Big 12 school at the end of the season?

Do you think Logan will mind if you take over his team?
Old 11-24-2008, 09:54 AM   #12
Logan
Head Coach

Your jokes would be funnier if you could stay within 30 points of me, sucker.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:01 AM   #13
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Your jokes would be funnier if you could stay within 30 points of me, sucker.

Big 12 Title Game, brah.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:34 AM   #14
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post

I don't think your advantage is too great. I'm bringing in a pretty good class at Arkansas also. We had the #2 class in the country last year and have big leads on a lot of really good recruits this year. And hopefully it stays that way with my Xbox dying and missing a week or two. Our recruiting classes seem to be similar in strength and I think everyone else should be right there soon too.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:18 PM   #15
cmp
Pro Rookie

Well, I decided to try the towel trick on my Xbox and was able to play my game.

Arkansas beats Eastern Michigan, 84-10.

Ryan Mallet completed 12 of 23 passes for 202 yards and 2 touchdowns. His backup, Tyler Wilson, went 9-12 for 158 yards and 2 touchdowns.

De'Anthony Curtis ran the ball 27 times for 277 yards and 5 touchdowns while his backup Dennis Johnson had 11 carries for 111 yards and 2 touchdowns.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:51 AM   #16
wade moore
lolzcat

"Towel Trick"?

Quote:
Old 11-25-2008, 09:53 AM   #17
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
"Towel Trick"?

YouTube - Xbox 360 Towel Trick vs. CheapyD (Shown on CNBC!)
Old 11-25-2008, 02:48 PM   #18
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Whew. We got down 21-0 early, but battle back and knock off Texas Tech 56-42.

QB Cody Hawkins had over 300 yards in the air but suffered broken ribs and is out 3 weeks but thankfully our D gutted it out and scored two TDs late to seal it.
Old 11-28-2008, 04:06 PM   #19
Logan
Head Coach

Just lost to Oklahoma 52-49, because with about 5 seconds left and easily in FG position, I hit the LB button to throw the ball away instead of RB, which resulted in a sack.

I'm amazed that there's not a fucking footprint through my TV right now. I'm disgusted.
Old 11-28-2008, 05:55 PM   #20
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Just lost to Oklahoma 52-49, because with about 5 seconds left and easily in FG position, I hit the LB button to throw the ball away instead of RB, which resulted in a sack.

I'm amazed that there's not a fucking footprint through my TV right now. I'm disgusted.

Been there enough times. It fucking sucks. It's okay though. OU will drop another game and you'll still get the honor of losing to me in the B12 Title Game.
Old 11-28-2008, 08:54 PM   #21
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:

Tough loss Logan. I'm sure as hell going to do everything I can to hang an "L" on them, so things could get interesting in the Big 12 South by the end of the year. Fiction imitates reality.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:18 PM   #22
Logan
Head Coach

I'm still pissed.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:28 PM   #23
DeToxRox
Head Coach

We are for sure advancing tonight, probably around 12 unless Radii and Wade get a game earlier.
Old 12-01-2008, 06:55 PM   #24
Radii
Head Coach

4* FS Alex Thompson has committed to NC State. He is the #2 FS in the nation. Its been over a week so I don't remember all the details here but I think I stole him away from South Florida.

4* DT Donald Scott soft commits, but this is still very much up in the air with UNC and Pitt close behind.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:14 PM   #25
Radii
Head Coach

Wade and I finished our game. NC State wins 34-15. After some of the chatter about insane rushing numbers I decided I wouldn't call any option plays at all, and it did make a difference, but there were still a number of big plays, including a 70 yard TD run for Roberts. 28 carries, 238 yards, TDs. We both have fairly average teams with fairly average speed outside that one player, and that made all the difference.

good game wade!
Old 12-02-2008, 07:25 AM   #26
wade moore
lolzcat

Yup - We discussed how I had several plays where if I had a guy with that speed they would have been TD's instead of 10-15 yarders getting chased down by LBs/Safeties.

Speed kills in this game.

So I went to check out recruiting. All of the fastest guys in the draft class have already been snagged or have almost been snagged by Human players .

Quote: