Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-02-2008, 10:23 PM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

NOFL: Season 2 Week 3 Has Begun! Deadline is 12/7/08 at 10:00 PM

We are back to 5 day weeks with Thanksgiving being over. I'm thinking we'll switch to a 1 week period for Christmas and another week for New Years although hopefully won't have to use all of that time. Otherwise, we'll go back to our 5 day weeks for the next few weeks. If anyone has a significant problem with this, let me know.

As far as this week, we have no human vs human games, so I'm hopeful it will get done quicker than 5 days.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:33 PM   #2
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I expect to get my game in on thursday or friday.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:58 PM   #3
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

35-14, Texas A&M. Wasn't even really that close. Good game, although Goodson didn't have a good rushing game
Old 12-03-2008, 10:21 AM   #4
Raiders Army
Coordinator

60-39, Oklahoma State rolls on. Defense has become particularly difficult. Even though I intercepted Auburn's QB four times, I'm more used to my offline dynasty where my defensive players are a little...better.

Our Heisman candidate, Artrell Woods, is out for 7 weeks; not like it matters since kingsneb's WR will repeat.

I played our Freshman QB a little and he was intercepted twice. Not a good day for him.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:20 PM   #5
Galaxy
Coordinator

Mississippi State pulls off the upset over #24 LSU 35-28 (a team rated 90 overall). Our defense had trouble stopping the long drives of LSU, but we had three picks, which two were returned for touchdowns. This will certainly make things in the SEC West division (and SEC in general) interesting.

Our offense was very productive. Not flashy, but we moved the chains and managed to drive down the field.

We match our win total from last season and I'm looking forward to a chance to go 3-0 next week over UL-Lafayette. Hopefully we can a few votes after this upset win.

This team and new offense has certainly made us a much more competitive team. We are still a ways off from competing for SEC titles, but were on the right track.

Last edited by Galaxy : 12-04-2008 at 12:17 AM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:08 PM   #6
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Wow, nice win Galaxy!!! I'd love to see the SEC title game come down to a human vs human game. Hopefully I am one of those humans

Last year's season must seem like a lifetime away after that big win, eh?
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:23 PM   #7
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu View Post
Wow, nice win Galaxy!!! I'd love to see the SEC title game come down to a human vs human game. Hopefully I am one of those humans

Last year's season must seem like a lifetime away after that big win, eh?

One game at a time.

I managed to put together a very good recruiting class (19th in the country) loaded with excellent skill players (3 4-star receivers certainly help) to execute the new scheme. Plus, we have a lot of returning upperclassmen with the right traits to give us a variety of weapons. The key will be re-loading the positions when these guys leave.

Defense and special teams still need a lot of work (I think the talent level slipped a little from last year). However, I did pluck a few decent recruits in 2009 recruiting class who should help get us in the right direction.

I wouldn't count on a SEC title game for a while. I mean, this is the SEC, not the Big Easy.

Last edited by Galaxy : 12-03-2008 at 10:32 PM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:18 PM   #8
Ironhead
College Prospect

My game against Florida State went kind of like one of those new Wendy's commercials.

"I remember passing...and thinking I could win in the 4th quarter...and then it all just goes blank."

Somehow the game went from 24-17 with me driving in the 4th quarter to Florida State walking away with a seemingly lopsided 40-17 win.

We kept it fairly close but this Boston College team needs a top to bottom overhaul. It is going to be a long season.

Last edited by Ironhead : 12-03-2008 at 11:18 PM.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:39 PM   #9
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Welcome to the loyal order of Coaches of the Boston College Collapse
Old 12-04-2008, 12:11 AM   #10
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Stanford travels to TCU and wins a hard faught game. The game went back and forth with TCU coming to within 1, then Stanford scoring a TD, then TCU coming to within one, etc. In the end Stanford won 41-32. Andrew Luck bounced back from the worst game of his career with a 5 TD/0 INT day, completing 68% of his passes.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:29 PM   #11
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Kentucky traveled to Vanderbilt to open up SEC play and the Commodores showed up ready to play. An uncharacteristic fumble on Kentucky's first play from scrimmage led to a quick TD for Vandy. At the end of the first half it was tied 21-21. Then Kentucky showed why they are defending national champions. We put on an absolute offensive & defensive clinic in the 2nd half, outscoring Vanderbilt 49-7 and winning by a final count of 70-28. If we play like we did in the 2nd half, we can win our next 2 ridiculously tough games (at #3 Georgia and vs #2 Florida). But if start out like we did against Vandy then we will be handed a loss or two. Our offense is still searching for an identity. Our defense will have to force many turnovers to beat these athletically superior teams.

Recruiting is off to a decent start. We haven't signed anyone yet, but the quality of player we're after is much higher than the guys we signed last season. We'll see how things shake out by the end of the season.

Only a few more people have to play & recruit. Let's get this done
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 02:37 PM   #12
Kodos
Resident Alien

How's that runningback I recruited working out for you?
Old 12-05-2008, 05:43 PM   #13
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
How's that runningback I recruited working out for you?

For the #1 rated back he isn't that special. He has fairly low physical abilities - I think most of his rating is tied up in a high awareness which doesn't mean much for tailbacks. If this were an offline dynasty I would have probably redshirted him. As it stands he is splitting time with Haden.
Old 12-05-2008, 05:49 PM   #14
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I'm finding that HB's without blazing speed can still be very effective. I have a backup HB that has better ratings accross the board then my starter, but he's several points slower, so I only use him in short yardage and garaunteed up the gut runs. It's actually working out really well and keeping my other guy fresh at the same time.
Old 12-06-2008, 10:39 PM   #15
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

All we have left is Karlifornia's game and Ironhead's recruiting. Let me know when you are both done and we'll advance.
Old 12-06-2008, 11:22 PM   #16
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
All we have left is Karlifornia's game and Ironhead's recruiting. Let me know when you are both done and we'll advance.

Bad news. The 360 has been winking at me with an awfully angry red eye all day. I tried all of the tricks to get it turned on but it looks like it finally bit the big one. I will give it one last shot to get it turned on in the morning but it looks like off to Microsoft it goes.

Concerned about this as I have all CPU assistance turned off for recruiting.

Last edited by Ironhead : 12-06-2008 at 11:23 PM.
Old 12-07-2008, 12:13 AM   #17
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
Bad news. The 360 has been winking at me with an awfully angry red eye all day. I tried all of the tricks to get it turned on but it looks like it finally bit the big one. I will give it one last shot to get it turned on in the morning but it looks like off to Microsoft it goes.

Concerned about this as I have all CPU assistance turned off for recruiting.

Darn

If an extra day would make a difference, I'd hold things up, but I'm guessing it'll be more than a day until you get it back. I wonder if there is anyway that I can turn on CPU assistance (I don't think there is, but I'll look if we can't come up with any other solutions.)
Old 12-07-2008, 08:31 AM   #18
BigDPW
College Prospect

Hope we can advance today if possible because I would like to get my next game in before the work week starts back up... Still waiting on the wife to go into labor too... We will definitely have a baby by Thursday since she is now scheduled to be induced.

Won my game at Syracuse which was a much needed initial road test for Mike Glennon my redshirt freshman QB. Nearly shut them out but they returned a fumble from the 8 yard line 90 some yards late in the game for a TD (alot like the Buffalo/Ball State play the other night).
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:41 AM   #19
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Ironhead is trying a work-around to get his recruiting set to CPU assist with the help of a friend. If that gets done (or if Ironhead has no chance of getting it done in the next day), we are only waiting on Karlifornia to play his game. Once that is done we'll advance (or we'll advance at 10 anyway.)

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 12-07-2008 at 09:42 AM.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:25 PM   #20
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I'll set Ironhead's recruiting to CPU at halftime of this SNF game
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 08:41 PM   #21
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Done.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 10:22 PM   #22